Author Topic: Many women liked Ted Bundy  (Read 2881 times)

Offline WildRanger

Many women liked Ted Bundy
« on: October 03, 2021, 03:54:16 PM »
How would you explain that phenomenon?
Were those women normal?

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Re: Many women liked Ted Bundy
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 03:55:13 PM »
Umm, what?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 03:56:38 PM »
Posting in this thread is like getting in Ted Bundy's car.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 03:57:14 PM »
I’ll bite.

1) how many is many?
2) in what context did they like him?
3) to what degree did they like him?
4) before or after his public arrest?
5) what is normal?

Once you’ve answered those, we can talk.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline WildRanger

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 03:59:05 PM »

After.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 04:09:39 PM »

Were those women normal?
Do many women like you?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 04:13:37 PM »
Well, that guy always bangs I'll guess.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline WildRanger

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 04:17:17 PM »

Were those women normal?
Do many women like you?

Does it matter here? This is a thread about Ted Bundy and his appeal on women FFS, not about me and my appeal. I don't get what's your point.

Online Adami

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2021, 04:21:02 PM »

After.

You just ignored 75% of my questions. Have a fun thread.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2021, 04:31:17 PM »
He was handsome, charismatic, supremely confident, and ballsy. Seems kind of simple to me.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2021, 04:36:49 PM »
Were those women normal?

Probably because he scored 4 touchdowns in a single game.

Oh wait.......
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2021, 04:37:58 PM »
Its common with a lot of serial killers. Its called hybristophilia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybristophilia

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2021, 04:42:56 PM »

Were those women normal?
Do many women like you?

Does it matter here? This is a thread about Ted Bundy and his appeal on women FFS, not about me and my appeal. I don't get what's your point.
Trying to gauge your "normal" benchmark.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2021, 04:52:50 PM »
Funny, Ted really has no normal.   And to me, this question is low on the totem pole. Some answers have no relevance to my life.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2021, 05:04:00 PM »
Funny, Ted really has no normal.   And to me, this question is low on the totem pole. Some answers have no relevance to my life.
I think it's kind of an interesting phenomenon. Not specifically Ted, he had plenty going for him, but maniacs in general. Richard Ramirez was a sick fuck, ugly as sin, and neither bright nor interesting. Insofar as serial killers go this guy was the absolute bottom of the barrel. Yet he had plenty of female admirers, including one that went on to marry him. He was certainly far more popular after he left the reservation than he was before. That's a curious phenomenon in my book.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2021, 05:22:19 PM »
It really doesn't.   How many women hook up with prison men?  There's a population of women attracted to bad men. It's not rocket science.   

Well, definitely some rocket.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2021, 05:26:59 PM »

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2021, 05:38:01 PM »
Were those women normal?

Probably because he scored 4 touchdowns in a single game.

Oh wait.......

:tup

Online Adami

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2021, 05:40:50 PM »
Just looked up pics of the dude. Not a bad looking chap, but does anyone else kind of see a young Charles Grodin?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2021, 05:42:41 PM »
Just looked up pics of the dude. Not a bad looking chap, but does anyone else kind of see a young Charles Grodin?

I’ll buy that.   

Chicks did dig Bundy, no question about it. 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2021, 09:06:42 PM »
Not sure where this thread is going, but... it happens the other way too, with men falling in love and seeking marriage with female inmates.

Of course there can be benefits, as George Costanza realized, such as knowing where she is all the time, and having relatively no competition... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3s_tgXrcl8
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Harmony

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2021, 09:20:18 PM »
Sociopaths are often charming.  And they use it to manipulate people.  For example, Ted wore a sling or cast on his arm to draw women in who would wish to "help" him.  He also worked on a suicide hotline while he was a psychology student at University of Washington.  He outwardly exhibited traits that made him look empathetic and caring.

The phenomena of men and women being attracted to inmates is along the same line of being attracted to married and/or otherwise unavailable people.  There is little chance of much complication because the inmates are unavailable for intimacy (I'm not talking about sex) and probably also because they have been damaged or abused as children or in other relationships.  Men in prison cannot abuse the women who claim to want relationships with them.  So in a way, it is safer for them.

Unless the guy gets paroled. 
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2021, 09:41:38 PM »
For the record, men have also been unusually horny for interested in female murderers, as well as future female dictators. Yes it's fucked up, but it isn't a one-sided thing, nor would I say it's common for either side.
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline jammindude

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2021, 12:04:59 AM »
Posting in this thread is like getting in Ted Bundy's car.

Reading this comment to my wife:

Her: “Ya. Stupid and deadly”  :rollin

But seriously. My wife pointed out that he definitely had a “type” that he went for. And if you weren’t that type? He could be very normal and likable. That’s why Ann Rule (the true crime author whose career started when she wrote about Bundy…whom she knew) was so shocked when this very nice man turned out to be a monster.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2021, 12:12:29 AM »

Were those women normal?
Do many women like you?

His point is that you are a troll.  Goodbye.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2021, 03:36:44 AM »

Were those women normal?
Do many women like you?

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2021, 06:19:10 AM »
Sociopaths are often charming.  And they use it to manipulate people.  For example, Ted wore a sling or cast on his arm to draw women in who would wish to "help" him.  He also worked on a suicide hotline while he was a psychology student at University of Washington.  He outwardly exhibited traits that made him look empathetic and caring.

The phenomena of men and women being attracted to inmates is along the same line of being attracted to married and/or otherwise unavailable people.  There is little chance of much complication because the inmates are unavailable for intimacy (I'm not talking about sex) and probably also because they have been damaged or abused as children or in other relationships.  Men in prison cannot abuse the women who claim to want relationships with them.  So in a way, it is safer for them.

Unless the guy gets paroled.

There's also the "wounded bird" thing, where some people have this need to care for certain others that gets sort of distorted beyond what one might consider reasonable.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2021, 08:08:38 AM »

Were those women normal?
Do many women like you?

:o

Did we just witness the end of an era here?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2021, 08:09:40 AM »
So.... Wild Ranger is another victim of Ted Bundy?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2021, 08:33:05 AM »
Bit of an overreaction, frankly. I've always found the people who bitch and moan about WR's posts far more disruptive than the posts themselves. Hell, the post cited was Hef taking a dig at him, which is par for the course around here. WR posts a question. The same five people rush in to tell him what a troll he is. The conversation picks up and people discuss it. RLR. Part of it sounds like the sort of thing you'd expect in a discussion forum. Part of it's just being a jerk.
E.F. Benson

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2021, 09:39:21 AM »

After.

Wasn't it 80%?
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2021, 09:41:49 AM »
WildRanger is back with a vengeance!

How many women?  "Liked" in what way?

If I had any interest in explaining it, I'd google it:  https://www.google.com/search?q=women+who+are+attracted+to+serial+killers&rlz=1C1GCEJ_enUS915US915&oq=women+who+are+attracted+to+serial+killers&aqs=chrome..69i57.12179j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8.

Were those women normal?

Please define "normal."

I hope that doesn't mean what it sounds like.   :o
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Adami

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2021, 09:43:41 AM »

After.

Wasn't it 80%?

Hah! I forgot I asked a 5th question. I assumed he just ignored the first 3. Good catch!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2021, 09:53:51 AM »
I think it's kind of an interesting phenomenon. Not specifically Ted, he had plenty going for him, but maniacs in general. Richard Ramirez was a sick fuck, ugly as sin, and neither bright nor interesting. Insofar as serial killers go this guy was the absolute bottom of the barrel. Yet he had plenty of female admirers, including one that went on to marry him. He was certainly far more popular after he left the reservation than he was before. That's a curious phenomenon in my book.

It is an interesting phenomenon if one thinks on it objectively... and if one realizes that we are all (mankind) capable of the deeds these men and women serial killers perpetrate. 

Even more to Bart's point regarding removing Bundy from the objective thought and replacing him with Ramirez (or Gacy, or Mansion, etc less attractive perps)... did these killers realize, on some base instinctual level, that they might garner the attention/"love" that they seek from others (be it sexual or non-sexual) by being viewed as depraved by society in general?
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2021, 09:57:49 AM »

It is an interesting phenomenon if one thinks on it objectively... and if one realizes that we are all (mankind) capable of the deeds these men and women serial killers perpetrate. 

Even more to Bart's point regarding removing Bundy from the objective thought and replacing him with Ramirez (or Gacy, or Mansion, etc less attractive perps)... did these killers realize, on some base instinctual level, that they might garner the attention/"love" that they seek from others (be it sexual or non-sexual) by being viewed as depraved by society in general?

I don't know if it's a choice in search of something.  Having read a fair amount about this, I gather that in many/most cases, it's an obsession that they cannot control, and in some cases even know, objectively that what they are doing is wrong, they just can't help the compulsion.   I'm sure like anything else there are examples all across the spectrum, but I do get the "compulsion" thing.