Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 45596 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...new dates announced
« Reply #560 on: January 07, 2022, 12:39:44 PM »
There also people that will make a decision on seeing a show only if certain songs are being played.

I try to keep the set list a surprise, but I saw the DoT tour on the second leg only because I knew they were playing At Wits End.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #561 on: January 07, 2022, 12:43:26 PM »
The exact seats a friend and I refunded last month for the STL show (10th row and pretty close to dead center) are back up for sale and still available and for like 30 dollars cheaper.  Dang.

Dang. So, are you not going? I'm tempted to get a refund for our and then re-buy for cheaper but I like where we are. First row balcony....works out well for all five of us and guarantees no giant sits in front of the kiddos.

As of now, no, but we may change our minds depending on how things with COVID look and what the set list is.  Truth be told, if the concert were on the weekend like the original date was, I'd probable be in for sure, but it being in the middle of the week is a bite.

Gotcha.  :tup  My kids are loving that it's in the middle of the week because they know there's a chance I'll let them bail on school the next day.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #562 on: January 07, 2022, 03:59:55 PM »
So does anyone know what the COVID policy at Stifel in St. Louis is?

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #564 on: January 07, 2022, 06:59:14 PM »
The exact seats a friend and I refunded last month for the STL show (10th row and pretty close to dead center) are back up for sale and still available and for like 30 dollars cheaper.  Dang.

Dang. So, are you not going? I'm tempted to get a refund for our and then re-buy for cheaper but I like where we are. First row balcony....works out well for all five of us and guarantees no giant sits in front of the kiddos.

As of now, no, but we may change our minds depending on how things with COVID look and what the set list is.  Truth be told, if the concert were on the weekend like the original date was, I'd probable be in for sure, but it being in the middle of the week is a bite.

Gotcha.  :tup  My kids are loving that it's in the middle of the week because they know there's a chance I'll let them bail on school the next day.

Haha, your kids are smart.  :tup :tup

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #565 on: January 08, 2022, 09:59:14 AM »

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #566 on: January 11, 2022, 12:34:53 PM »
Tour rehearsals have started :metal https://www.facebook.com/MikeMangini/videos/298662212224461/

Also from Jordan:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 03:30:34 PM by gzarruk »
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Kram

« Reply #567 on: January 11, 2022, 05:24:28 PM »
Tour rehearsals have started :metal https://www.facebook.com/MikeMangini/videos/298662212224461/

Also from Jordan:

That's a good sign that the tour will hopefully go off as planned..

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #568 on: January 11, 2022, 05:26:19 PM »
Love the Cadbury bar!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #569 on: January 12, 2022, 09:28:41 AM »
Love the Cadbury bar!

Damn, man...eagle eye!  I zoomed on that as far as my computer allowed and couldn't recognize it.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #570 on: January 12, 2022, 11:05:41 AM »

Also from Jordan:

That's a good sign that the tour will hopefully go off as planned..

Yeah, and I don't think they could afford another cancellation/postponement. They all seem very excited about the tour too :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Kram

« Reply #571 on: January 13, 2022, 01:09:04 PM »
I just saw on Facebook James was at the Toronto airport flying down to NY for tour rehearsals.  Another good sign the tour will hopefully go off as planned this time.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #572 on: January 13, 2022, 01:21:11 PM »
I just saw on Facebook James was at the Toronto airport flying down to NY for tour rehearsals.  Another good sign the tour will hopefully go off as planned this time.

I'm getting excited! Just hope I dont get the bug before the show...I am going to 2 concerts this month before my Feb 6 DT - front row! - concert.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #573 on: January 13, 2022, 01:51:19 PM »

Didn't Neal Morse just announce the postponement of their Canadian dates because of new travel restrictions there? I was thinking DT might have to do the same thing.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #574 on: January 13, 2022, 03:06:37 PM »

Didn't Neal Morse just announce the postponement of their Canadian dates because of new travel restrictions there? I was thinking DT might have to do the same thing.

Maybe that's why JLB flew the coup before they could lock him down!

Offline Kram

« Reply #575 on: January 13, 2022, 03:30:18 PM »

Maybe that's why JLB flew the coup before they could lock him down!
Good point - you could be on to something.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #576 on: January 13, 2022, 03:33:29 PM »
Man, tour starts soon. My show is in like a month. So hyped.
A bit worried cause I'm in row 2 but right on the edge of the stage so myung will be to my right. Hoping he's not too far and that it doesn't feel disconnected.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #577 on: January 13, 2022, 07:35:09 PM »
Man, tour starts soon. My show is in like a month. So hyped.
A bit worried cause I'm in row 2 but right on the edge of the stage so myung will be to my right. Hoping he's not too far and that it doesn't feel disconnected.

I'll ask them to switch spots on stage for that show.  :)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #578 on: January 13, 2022, 07:51:22 PM »
JM...not feel disconnected??  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #579 on: January 13, 2022, 08:28:29 PM »
I just mean I hope I'm not too far to the side and that the row 2 seats are actually worth it for being on the edge of the stage. Guarantee it'll be like every other concert where I stress over the seats and then they're great.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #580 on: January 13, 2022, 08:38:36 PM »
I just mean I hope I'm not too far to the side and that the row 2 seats are actually worth it for being on the edge of the stage. Guarantee it'll be like every other concert where I stress over the seats and then they're great.

Enjoy the show!!!!!   :) :metal

Offline pg1067

« Reply #581 on: January 14, 2022, 09:53:33 AM »
Three weeks from tomorrow for me.  Woot!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #582 on: January 14, 2022, 09:57:12 AM »
Only my 2nd time seeing DT. So hyped. Hyped to see the setlist because I know I can't wait those few weeks between the start of the tour and my show, lol. So I bet I'll look at it.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #583 on: January 14, 2022, 03:52:06 PM »
Only my 2nd time seeing DT. So hyped. Hyped to see the setlist because I know I can't wait those few weeks between the start of the tour and my show, lol. So I bet I'll look at it.

You've seen DT once? You're still a cherry! Should I assume you never saw them with MP? I literally lost track of how many times I've seen them live but I have to assume you're much younger than me. I am lucky enough to have been at their rehearsals with Charlie and many times after but before JLB. I can still taste the memories of  them asking me what I wanted to hear! Light Fuse and Get Away was my first request.

Offline MrMike

« Reply #584 on: January 14, 2022, 05:08:42 PM »
I've also only seen them once before and that was 20 years ago.  Ready to make up for lost time.  I would also really like this setlist to be a surprise, but since Austin is the last show, we'd have to wait the longest without peeking and there is no way I'll be able to avoid that!

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #585 on: January 14, 2022, 06:24:42 PM »

You've seen DT once? You're still a cherry! Should I assume you never saw them with MP? I literally lost track of how many times I've seen them live but I have to assume you're much younger than me. I am lucky enough to have been at their rehearsals with Charlie and many times after but before JLB. I can still taste the memories of  them asking me what I wanted to hear! Light Fuse and Get Away was my first request.

Haha yeah, my first show was in November of 2019. Never saw them with Portnoy. Got into them right before DoT came out. I'm 17, almost 18.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #586 on: January 14, 2022, 06:25:35 PM »

Haha yeah, my first show was in November of 2019. Never saw them with Portnoy. Got into them right before DoT came out. I'm 17, almost 18.

Glasser is 67, almost 68.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #587 on: January 14, 2022, 06:28:25 PM »

You're awesome!!!! You're the same age as my youngest son!!! Its great that the kids like DT!!! Enjoy the show and I hope you post you're thoughts after!!!!   :metal :tup

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #588 on: January 14, 2022, 06:34:30 PM »

You're awesome!!!! You're the same age as my youngest son!!! Its great that the kids like DT!!! Enjoy the show and I hope you post you're thoughts after!!!!   :metal :tup

Haha thanks man! And I will definitely post my thoughts after the show. Just about a month left to wait!

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #589 on: January 14, 2022, 07:29:00 PM »
Thank goodness, I am not the oldest here.  Phew!

Although, I will hit that magical Sgt. Pepper Side Two, Track Two in less than two months <do I insert a smiley or a frown here?>

I do believe the wife will still need me and feed me.  At least I hope so ;)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #590 on: January 14, 2022, 07:31:05 PM »

I was kidding about Glasser. Unless he stayed back a couple of years, I'm a year older than he is.

So....you are still the oldest here. ;D

Offline Glasser

« Reply #591 on: January 14, 2022, 08:18:20 PM »

I was kidding about Glasser. Unless he stayed back a couple of years, I'm a year older than he is.

So....you are still the oldest here. ;D

I'm 51. 52 in May.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #592 on: January 14, 2022, 08:49:18 PM »
Not surprisingly, no VIP, interviews, etc. with the band. Fan club pre show meet-ups are a go, though! Yay! They are way fun!! :metal

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #593 on: January 14, 2022, 09:18:18 PM »
I just looked into meet and greet ticket add ons for this tour but seem to be all social distanced. Not judging the call, but I'd rather wait until I can do a real meet and greet. Hoping for that next tour.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...new dates ...update pg 17 as of Jan 15
« Reply #594 on: January 14, 2022, 10:48:05 PM »
Here we go folks.  As of a notification tonight, arrangements are being made for preshow get togethers.  Yea!  :tup

There will NOT be after show meet 'n greets with the band <sigh>  Understandable.

DC will be set  for either The Elephant & Castle, or the 1331 Club at the JW Marriott (both are within two blocks of the Warner Theater).

Nicholas (thanks to Victoria....and, no, I am not making up this 'scene' ;)) and I hosted the most attended DT preshow in DC on Tax Day three years ago.  We just don't know how we'll manage this time.

My wife and I attended a show at The Warner in November.  Masks at all times, and a vax card required to enter. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 08:57:45 AM by DragonAttack »