Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 48468 times)

Offline JRuless

Re: DT tour delayed !!!!
« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2021, 02:46:38 AM »
Devin Townsend will join DT on European leg!  :metal

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2021, 04:46:16 AM »
DT = Delayed Tour ? :neverusethis:

Also - Dream Theater should tour with Devin Townsend plus Derek Trucks and call the tour DT3

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2021, 08:09:15 AM »

Also - Dream Theater should tour with Devin Townsend plus Derek Trucks and call the tour DT3

Add in Dark Tranquility and we'll get the DT4 tour.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2021, 08:11:13 AM »
Devin Townsend will join DT on European leg!  :metal

That's awesome, I'm jelly (I also said this would be my pairing in the DT coheadline thread)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2021, 08:17:22 AM »

That would actually be awesome.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2021, 08:34:53 AM »
Looks like it's just Europe for now?

Devin opening for DT might actually get me to a show, but not in Europe.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2021, 01:42:27 PM »
If management are waiting for covid to be gone, they'll NEVER tour the US again! :censored

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #252 on: October 28, 2021, 01:52:03 PM »
Is it gone in Europe?

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #253 on: October 28, 2021, 02:48:44 PM »
Is it gone in Europe?
It's not, but we're getting there! We were several months behind on vaccines, but people are overall more willing to take them, so we'll end up in a better place collectively in a few months.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #254 on: October 29, 2021, 02:19:42 PM »
So are we getting an early 2022 US tour or not...it’s getting ridiculous at this point

Offline svisser

• Pineapple. I like to eat it.
« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2021, 02:24:58 PM »
Honestly, they have not been around my neck of the woods since 2014, so I could came less. lol. Hope to see them live again, though. Saw them in Chaos In Motion, and their self-titled tour. Both excellent shows, although their sound was horrid for Chaos In Motion. Waaaaaaay to loud.
She can turn a drop of water
         Into an ocean
                                           In the room the women come and go
                                                 Talking of Michelangelo.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #256 on: October 29, 2021, 02:27:39 PM »
So are we getting an early 2022 US tour or not...it’s getting ridiculous at this point

I just requested a refund for my 6 tickets (3rd row) at Count Basie in Red Bank. ENOUGH! :censored

I'll buy from secondhand market for a couple of bucks whenever they decide to stop being afraid and play!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2021, 02:39:19 PM »
I'll buy from secondhand market for a couple of bucks whenever they decide to stop being afraid and play!!!!!!!!!!!

There's probably more going on than just fear of playing. I think it was put in this thread somewhere, but there's a JLB interview where he talks about how expensive it has to have shows cancelled due to a failed COVID test or running afoul of some local regulation. I agree, in a high level sense, that the best thing they can do is whatever it takes to tour. Perhaps that would mean doing less of a stage show in order to reduce the loss of a cancelled show. But I get the impression from what I hear on these forums that DT has a group of crew they try to consistently work with so I don't think they want to leave some of them out to dry. Also, on a more simple level, I doubt it's easy to make emergency re-schedules of shows for only 2-4 months from now. Tours are usually announced far more in advanced. While I wouldn't bet on it, for all we know a revised tour schedule will come out next week.

I get where you're coming from. To say I find how we've panicked over COVID appalling would be... beyond an understatement. But I think being mad about DT being 'afraid to play' can only lead to sadness.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #258 on: October 29, 2021, 03:51:10 PM »

There's probably more going on than just fear of playing. I think it was put in this thread somewhere, but there's a JLB interview where he talks about how expensive it has to have shows cancelled due to a failed COVID test or running afoul of some local regulation. I agree, in a high level sense, that the best thing they can do is whatever it takes to tour. Perhaps that would mean doing less of a stage show in order to reduce the loss of a cancelled show. But I get the impression from what I hear on these forums that DT has a group of crew they try to consistently work with so I don't think they want to leave some of them out to dry. Also, on a more simple level, I doubt it's easy to make emergency re-schedules of shows for only 2-4 months from now. Tours are usually announced far more in advanced. While I wouldn't bet on it, for all we know a revised tour schedule will come out next week.

I get where you're coming from. To say I find how we've panicked over COVID appalling would be... beyond an understatement. But I think being mad about DT being 'afraid to play' can only lead to sadness.

TOTALLY "get" what you're saying and I'm not "mad" at the band. I just think (and have always since the '90's) felt that THE WEAK POINT of the band was/is their management. MP did everything he could to possibly keep fans updated but obviously that info left with him. It just thoroughly pisses me off that they announce a Euro tour without ANY idea of what's going on with the postponed US tour. I have other shows in that time frame and I'm not missing them because I'm afraid to pull the trigger in case DT EVER announces dates that may conflict. I'll take my money back now and buy later for .10C on the dollar which I should have from the start.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #259 on: October 29, 2021, 04:10:33 PM »
They originally said the U.S. dates would be pushed to February. That means it would probably go into early April. The European dates start April 20. So, just because they announced the European tour, doesn’t mean they’re necessarily neglecting the U.S. dates. They aren’t overlapping.
It’s not even November yet, it takes time reschedule all of this stuff.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #260 on: October 29, 2021, 04:32:26 PM »
They originally said the U.S. dates would be pushed to February. That means it would probably go into early April. The European dates start April 20. So, just because they announced the European tour, doesn’t mean they’re necessarily neglecting the U.S. dates. They aren’t overlapping.
It’s not even November yet, it takes time reschedule all of this stuff.

agreed but it only takes ONE TWEET to say dates are being worked on. DT gives *crickets* :censored

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2021, 08:12:31 AM »
I agree that there should be more communication with the fans but I can't blame them one bit for postponing and was surprised when the announced a tour as soon as they did. In fact, when I bought my tickets I bought them with a hunch that the tour would be postponed.

Now selfishly, I welcomed this postponement. My wife recently went through a medical scare that's she's still going through but the arrow is pointing up so I am just fine waiting till next year.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2021, 10:02:32 AM »
I agree that there should be more communication with the fans but I can't blame them one bit for postponing and was surprised when the announced a tour as soon as they did. In fact, when I bought my tickets I bought them with a hunch that the tour would be postponed.

Now selfishly, I welcomed this postponement. My wife recently went through a medical scare that's she's still going through but the arrow is pointing up so I am just fine waiting till next year.

Sending positive vibes :tup

Offline Glasser

« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2021, 10:41:15 AM »

Sending love and positive vibes to you and you’re wife!!!! When they eventually tour you will enjoy it that much more!!!  :heart  :)

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2021, 04:16:33 PM »
FYI:  The other day I received the full refund from Ticketmaster on my San Diego tickets.  As in, the money officially hit my bank account.

Offline Kram

« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2021, 04:22:45 PM »
FYI:  The other day I received the full refund from Ticketmaster on my San Diego tickets.  As in, the money officially hit my bank account.
I did as well.  I'm really hoping they reschedule a SD date at another venue though.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2021, 07:26:44 PM »
Am I the only one hanging on to my ticket, waiting for the rescheduled show?
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2021, 07:28:45 PM »

Nope. I have mine!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2021, 08:14:44 PM »

I have mine still. 3 shows....... :-[

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2021, 08:21:58 PM »
I still got mine.  I'm not giving up my seat.  It's front row in the upper balcony.  It's a fine view where I don't have to worry about people in front blocking my view.  Can't give that up.

Offline svisser

• Pineapple. I like to eat it.
« Reply #270 on: October 30, 2021, 09:01:26 PM »
I still got mine.  I'm not giving up my seat.  It's front row in the upper balcony.  It's a fine view where I don't have to worry about people in front blocking my view.  Can't give that up.

The best seats in the house!
She can turn a drop of water
         Into an ocean
                                           In the room the women come and go
                                                 Talking of Michelangelo.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #271 on: October 30, 2021, 09:07:53 PM »
Same here, but at the Paramount in Seattle.  Front row balcony seats.  :coolio
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #272 on: October 31, 2021, 07:48:25 AM »
BTW - thanks to all the kind thoughts for wife!  :tup

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2021, 12:47:41 PM »
This was my whole reason for flying to NYC to be at Kings Theater with my daughter and her bf and a friend in late Nov.    we got 4 th row dead center...we ain’t giving those up

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2021, 02:32:16 PM »
Same here, but at the Paramount in Seattle.  Front row balcony seats.  :coolio

Same here! Love first row balcony!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #275 on: November 01, 2021, 06:09:56 AM »
I have 2nd row Myung side seats that I got in presale for only like 80 bucks... not giving them up.

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #276 on: November 01, 2021, 09:08:05 AM »
I've got front row center for the Orlando show. Patiently awaiting these rescheduled dates...
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #277 on: November 01, 2021, 09:11:44 AM »
I've got front row center for the Orlando show. Patiently awaiting these rescheduled dates...

I’m nervous that the US dates are going to be later next year based off of seeing those European dates. Which…..sucks.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #278 on: November 01, 2021, 09:26:59 AM »

I’m nervous that the US dates are going to be later next year based off of seeing those European dates. Which…..sucks.

Some dates have been confirmed for early February (by some members here), so I am confident the US dates will take place in February/March. I just wish we get an update soon as February is turning out to be a busy month.

Edit: The DT website shows the LA show for February 5th.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #279 on: November 01, 2021, 10:17:25 AM »
Today was concert day.  Front row center.... :'(