Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 46002 times)

Offline Trav86

Re: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...new dates ...update pg 17 as of Jan 15
« Reply #665 on: February 01, 2022, 03:21:31 PM »
3 more days for me in San Diego.  Friday can't come soon enough.  I'm debating whether or not I should peak at the Mesa setlist after tomorrow night.

As hard as I try to resist I always look at the setlist.

I get anxiety thinking about what they’re going to play next, and don’t enjoy the show as much. I’ve never been to the first show of a tour, for anyone. And I’m not old enough to have attended shows pre-internet. So it’s never been a surprise except for the MP era DT shows. And even then, you kinda knew what to expect. It’ll start with A or B. End song will be A or B. These songs, and these songs will be flip-flopped.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline krands85

« Reply #666 on: February 01, 2022, 05:34:11 PM »
TesseracT announced as the support for the UK shows, hell yeah. As somebody who was meant to see them supporting Trivium last year before that tour got changed and was disappointed Devin Townsend wasn't the support in the UK, I am now even more excited for this show. I've seen TesseracT a few times before so I'd be very happy with the set they were playing supporting Bullet for My Valentine last year as that has a few songs in in they've never played live before plus most of the favourites.
When I read that, I thought "ooh, I may have to get tickets after all", then remembered they're not playing in Scotland this tour  :lol :'(

Ehhh... I would kill to see TesseracT live and with DT to boot.  Man, that's tempting if I could manage a flight (and talk my wife into it).  A killer line-up for me would be TesseracT, BTBAM, and DT; call it the "Altered Colors in the Viewfinder" tour.  Have a show at Pompeii ala Gilmour...
I travelled to Manchester and London to see DT on previous tours when they didn't come to Scotland, but I don't have it in me these days. I've thankfully been able to Tesseract in the past too, though both of them on the same bill should be great.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #667 on: February 01, 2022, 05:39:28 PM »
For the Oakland show on Sunday there is a DT USA meet-up.

Feb 06  Drake's Dealership, Oakland, CA, 4-6pm

Not sure whether I will get down there that early, but if so, I may stop by.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online geeeemo

« Reply #668 on: February 01, 2022, 05:42:33 PM »

Yay!  I thought you weren't going to be able to make it, but I am so glad you are!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #669 on: February 01, 2022, 06:17:29 PM »

Yay!  I thought you weren't going to be able to make it, but I am so glad you are!!

Yeah, I was supposed to be in Florida at that time, but that ended up being canceled. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #670 on: February 02, 2022, 10:12:27 AM »
Any meet up planned for the Connecticut show?  It came up in the concerts thread, but I am tentatively planning on road tripping to that show and it seems a few other DTFers may be there.  I'm just holding off booking it until it gets closer and to see the setlist.

The Red Bank show being during the week makes it hard for me to do a meet up before hand especially since I want to see the full show.  Connecticut is on a Saturday which is a big reason to make that my 2nd show of the tour.

Offline Kram

« Reply #671 on: February 02, 2022, 10:47:45 AM »
3 more days for me in San Diego.  Friday can't come soon enough.  I'm debating whether or not I should peak at the Mesa setlist after tomorrow night.

As hard as I try to resist I always look at the setlist.
Yeah, I have a feeling I won't be able to resist peeking at it LOL.  First show is tonight!!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #672 on: February 02, 2022, 12:35:43 PM »
Any meet up planned for the Connecticut show?  It came up in the concerts thread, but I am tentatively planning on road tripping to that show and it seems a few other DTFers may be there.  I'm just holding off booking it until it gets closer and to see the setlist.

The Red Bank show being during the week makes it hard for me to do a meet up before hand especially since I want to see the full show.  Connecticut is on a Saturday which is a big reason to make that my 2nd show of the tour.

I'm in for a meetup. If it was summer, I'd have people over for some grub prior.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #673 on: February 02, 2022, 12:49:38 PM »

I'm in for a meetup. If it was summer, I'd have people over for some grub prior.

:metal :metal

Offline Awaken

« Reply #674 on: February 02, 2022, 01:03:09 PM »
I'd be up for a meet and greet before the CT show, as well

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #675 on: February 02, 2022, 11:01:48 PM »
trying to resist looking at the setlist, but did anyone at Mesa tonight happen to get a pic of their merch options this tour?

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #677 on: February 03, 2022, 05:26:59 AM »
Other than Invisible Monster (which I have come around a bit on), I'm 100% amped for that set.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 06:46:04 AM by Chino »

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #678 on: February 03, 2022, 06:38:38 AM »
Yes!!! Even the other song that I like less in the setlist, I give a lot of credit for DT for bring back something unexpected (and sure it will please a lot of fans!).
In terms of A View... it seems like DT will be rotating one song?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 06:43:55 AM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #679 on: February 03, 2022, 07:45:57 AM »
Definitely some interesting choices.  Solid setlist.  Curious if there's any rotation.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #680 on: February 03, 2022, 08:33:57 AM »
That was a great show. Like JLB said, "Yes, this is really happening."

I couldn't be happier with the set-list and it was great not knowing the setlist and I was very surprised at the amount of long songs in the set and how they closed the show.

I was not expecting the encore song, but when I heard the first notes, I yelled out, "Oh, fuck yes. They're playing this."

Show was excellent and the setlist worked really well. Some songs transitioned into others pretty good.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online geeeemo

« Reply #681 on: February 03, 2022, 08:40:46 AM »
It is taking all I have to not look...only Three Days..after today :biggrin:

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #682 on: February 03, 2022, 08:57:42 AM »

Judging by some of your previous posts, I'd say this is a setlist you'll enjoy greatly :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online geeeemo

« Reply #683 on: February 03, 2022, 09:06:22 AM »
It is taking all I have to not  by  Days..after today :biggrin:

Judging by some of your previous posts, I'd say this is a setlist you'll enjoy greatly :tup
Omgosh!! Since I've only following DT for 6 six years, I am behind the 8 ball on what I have seen live. I can be excited by really all of their music. But this info takes the excitement up to another level!

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #684 on: February 03, 2022, 09:19:05 AM »

I honestly would try my very best not to look at it.

What was great about the setlist was not knowing what was coming next, and that excitement when they played the opening notes of those songs.

If anything, I would suggest to go in blind.

I had to pee during one song and couldn't hold it in any longer. :biggrin:
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #685 on: February 03, 2022, 09:34:03 AM »
I watched some youtube clips and I am glad that James' performance is amazing. Sounds fresh and clean.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #686 on: February 03, 2022, 09:36:15 AM »
I watched some youtube clips and I am glad that James' performance is amazing. Sounds fresh and clean.

His voice was excellent.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #687 on: February 03, 2022, 09:37:12 AM »

I've checked the set list and will check agian to see if they change things up, but I will avoid watching videos until after my show.  That's where I draw the line. I do wonder if they change anything up in some of the older tracks.  But good to hear he sounds good.  Maybe a couple years off the road really helped him.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #688 on: February 03, 2022, 10:11:04 AM »
Ok...looks like I have a potential restroom break between songs 7 and 9.

Kinds of surprised with only one song from SDOIT, but ATC is a great choice.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online geeeemo

« Reply #689 on: February 03, 2022, 10:33:20 AM »

What was great about the setlist was not knowing what was coming next, and that excitement when they played the opening notes of those songs.

I always stop drinking and pee right before the show....I took FB off my phone...I can do this! I went blind on the last tour. My son was with me. I had turned him onto DT. We were in LA and the show was Super Loud. They started playing those first few raindrop notes of Nightmare...And when it hit me what song it was, I turned to Adem (it was way too loud to talk) and mouthed.."is it???" and he was just nodding furiously with a huge smile :biggrin:. A moment to remember for sure!!

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #690 on: February 03, 2022, 11:14:25 AM »

I always stop drinking and pee right before the show....I took FB off my phone...I can do this! I went blind on the last tour. My son was with me. I had turned him onto DT. We were in LA and the show was Super Loud. They started playing those first few raindrop notes of Nightmare...And when it hit me what song it was, I turned to Adem (it was way too loud to talk) and mouthed.."is it???" and he was just nodding furiously with a huge smile :biggrin:. A moment to remember for sure!!

You'll be doing that for this one too...

There were also a lot of people with their kids, which is great to see. That boy was rocking out too and enjoying the show. Compared to another one that got tired and sat through A View and TCOT and JLB pointed at him, the his parents looked at their son and made him stand for a bit.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #691 on: February 03, 2022, 11:38:12 AM »
Most of that set list looks good, but there is a significant portion that I wish was different.  Oh well.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #692 on: February 03, 2022, 11:39:05 AM »

You'll be doing that for this one too...

There were also a lot of people with their kids, which is great to see. That boy was rocking out too and enjoying the show. Compared to another one that got tired and sat through A View and TCOT and JLB pointed at him, the his parents looked at their son and made him stand for a bit.

As a dad, I can say that both of these stories are awesome. For two different reasons!  :lol
Can't we find the minds

Offline Trav86

« Reply #693 on: February 03, 2022, 11:41:25 AM »
After doing two tours that covered their two most populate albums, this set is very refreshing. It’s defiant geared toward “non-casual” fans.
Can't we find the minds

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #694 on: February 03, 2022, 12:15:17 PM »
After doing two tours that covered their two most populate albums, this set is very refreshing. It’s defiant geared toward “non-casual” fans.

Yeah I can see that.  Some interesting choices.  I really hope some of these choices are due to them giving room for some song rotations. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #695 on: February 03, 2022, 12:30:29 PM »

Yeah I can see that.  Some interesting choices.  I really hope some of these choices are due to them giving room for some song rotations.

For me there's only one on there that I wouldn't have picked and really didn't need to see live.....TMOLS......but it'll be fine. I'd have preferred TGP in it's place as it's near the same length but it's a small nit pick and not really all that 'bad' a song. Just not one I particularly care for but can see if other people do dig it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 02:19:00 PM by gmillerdrake »
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #696 on: February 03, 2022, 12:33:07 PM »

For me there's only one on there that I wouldn't have picked and really didn't need to see live.....TMOLS......but it'll be fine. I'd have preferred TGP in it's place as it's near the same length but it's a small nit pick and not really all that 'bad' a song. Just not one I particularly care for but can see if other people do dig it.

Similar for me except the song I'd rather swap out is the encore. I'd much rather have something else as the encore.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 12:43:14 PM by UndercoverMyung »

Offline pg1067

« Reply #697 on: February 03, 2022, 12:37:41 PM »

Same.  I've seen both songs live but would infinitely rather see TGP.  The only thing worse of the songs that are about the same length would be TGD.  <knock on wood>

I will, however, be annoyed if they swap out any of the other non-View songs.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 01:03:44 PM by pg1067 »
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #698 on: February 03, 2022, 12:41:34 PM »

Same.  I've seen both songs live but would infinitely rather see TGP.  The only thing worse of the songs that are about the same length would be TGD.  <knock on wood>

I will, however, be annoyed if they swap out any of the other non-View songs.

I think the only thing they'll swap out is a View song. Maybe not even that but idk. I doubt any of the non View stuff will be switched out.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #699 on: February 03, 2022, 12:41:44 PM »
I think some people were trying to avoid spoilers here... (not myself) Maybe there should be another thread (maybe there is already) for tour spoilers?