Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 45900 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...new dates ...update pg 17 as of Jan 15
« Reply #630 on: January 25, 2022, 01:40:58 PM »
Honestly, I'd be fine if the setlist comprised mostly, if not all of A View From the Top.  Its a solid album.

I'd be OK with it just to see the songs live at least once, but I really don't think this would go over well with the general audience and really doubt they go this route. 

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #631 on: January 25, 2022, 01:43:26 PM »
The DC preshow on March 6th will once again be at The Elephant & Castle as it was a couple of years ago from 4-7pm

https://www.elephantcastle.com/en.html

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #632 on: January 25, 2022, 03:13:38 PM »
Honestly, I'd be fine if the setlist comprised mostly, if not all of A View From the Top.  Its a solid album.

I'd be OK with it just to see the songs live at least once, but I really don't think this would go over well with the general audience and really doubt they go this route.

agree

Offline pg1067

« Reply #633 on: January 25, 2022, 03:22:43 PM »

Same...and myself included -- especially if they do a shorter than usual set because of having an opening act.

Speaking of which...can someone fill in the blank:  Arch Echo sounds similar to ____?  Also, what are a couple of songs they are pretty likely to play that I might want to check out?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Glasser

« Reply #634 on: January 25, 2022, 03:32:13 PM »

I agree 100%! This would be the perfect time to record and release "A Live View From The Top Of The World". New album start to finish with a few encores. DONE.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 04:17:56 PM by Glasser »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #635 on: January 25, 2022, 03:58:35 PM »
Speaking of which...can someone fill in the blank:  Arch Echo sounds similar to ____?  Also, what are a couple of songs they are pretty likely to play that I might want to check out?

They have a similar sound to Intervals, plini, Chon and other instrumental bands, but different writing style in a way. This piece is pretty much guarantee to get played, I think.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F65IQmP7lCk

I would like to see this one

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PW2aInAygfI
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 04:04:06 PM by Vmadera00 »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline pg1067

« Reply #636 on: January 25, 2022, 04:07:14 PM »

They have a similar sound to Intervals, plini, Chon and other instrumental bands, but different writing style in a way. This piece is pretty much guarantee to get played, I think.

That doesn't help me at all.  Are they an instrumental band?  Thanks for the song recs.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #637 on: January 25, 2022, 04:25:34 PM »
Yes, all 4 are instrumental bands.if you are not into instrumental bands then you might not like their stuff, but if you do enjoy some instrumental music then is worth checking them out, specially Plini
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #638 on: January 25, 2022, 04:25:48 PM »
Are they an instrumental band? 

Yes they are. I'm not crazy about instrumental bands.  They seem pretty solid for what they are, but don't really get me excited.  Having said that, I certainly plan on getting there in time to check them out.  (and as someone who has thought DT should have an opener for a few years now, I better put my money where my mouth is  :lol )

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #639 on: January 25, 2022, 05:51:23 PM »
Arch Echo has been one of my favorite bands in the last few years. I think of them as a much more melodical version of LTE.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #640 on: January 25, 2022, 06:12:02 PM »
I would consider Arch Echo Instrumental Melodic Rhythmic Groove Progressive Metal.

Arch Echo reminds me of a mix between Frost, Dream Theater, Steve Vai, with the rhythm of Tesseract.

I would also suggest To The Moon, Stella, and My Heart Hurts
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #641 on: January 25, 2022, 11:37:38 PM »
I'm really excited guys. I have only been to 2 shows since the pandemic hit and this will be the one I am looking forwards to the most. The pairing of Dream Theater and Arch Echo is fantastic. It's going to be a blast being at their first show since as well and being a part of that experience.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #642 on: January 26, 2022, 06:43:27 AM »
I'm really excited guys. I have only been to 2 shows since the pandemic hit and this will be the one I am looking forwards to the most. The pairing of Dream Theater and Arch Echo is fantastic. It's going to be a blast being at their first show since as well and being a part of that experience.

Would love it if you could share the setlist with us in real time :hefdaddy
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #643 on: January 26, 2022, 07:01:14 AM »

:metal Same feelings over here. My last show before the pandemic hit was Periphery, Plini, and Arch Echo. That was probably one of my best live music experiences ever.

Offline Lowe2005

« Reply #644 on: January 26, 2022, 07:37:02 AM »
TesseracT announced as the support for the UK shows, hell yeah. As somebody who was meant to see them supporting Trivium last year before that tour got changed and was disappointed Devin Townsend wasn't the support in the UK, I am now even more excited for this show. I've seen TesseracT a few times before so I'd be very happy with the set they were playing supporting Bullet for My Valentine last year as that has a few songs in in they've never played live before plus most of the favourites.

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #645 on: January 26, 2022, 08:28:22 AM »

:metal Same feelings over here. My last show before the pandemic hit was Periphery, Plini, and Arch Echo. That was probably one of my best live music experiences ever.

That was a great show. It's very memorable for me as it's the show where I took my last drink, after that I stopped drinking.

I'll try my best, I will start a new thread to post the setlist spoilers... I'll likely start it a couple days sooner to get some predictions going, to have some fun before the reveal.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #646 on: January 26, 2022, 09:22:33 AM »

Yes they are. I'm not crazy about instrumental bands.  They seem pretty solid for what they are, but don't really get me excited.  Having said that, I certainly plan on getting there in time to check them out.  (and as someone who has thought DT should have an opener for a few years now, I better put my money where my mouth is  :lol )

The Color Wheel song wasn't bad.  Not as wanky as I might have expected.  I'm not a fan of instrumental bands, but it's better than having some growly voiced doof (on one of the Prog Nation tours, they had Redemption and then Opeth; Redemption was really good, and we walked out on Opeth within a minute after the guy started "singing").  This just lets me know I don't have to be uber-concerned about being on time.  Unfortunately, I won't have the option of going to a Kings game beforehand.

Ten day countdown starts today.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #647 on: January 26, 2022, 09:23:39 AM »

I'll try my best, I will start a new thread to post the setlist spoilers... I'll likely start it a couple days sooner to get some predictions going, to have some fun before the reveal.

Thanks a lot! :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Blazinarps

« Reply #648 on: January 26, 2022, 09:35:06 AM »

That doesn't help me at all.  Are they an instrumental band?  Thanks for the song recs.

He literally answered your q. Have you considered looking into it yourself in the last 8 months since the tour was announced?

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #649 on: January 26, 2022, 09:44:47 AM »

The Color Wheel song wasn't bad.  Not as wanky as I might have expected.  I'm not a fan of instrumental bands, but it's better than having some growly voiced doof (on one of the Prog Nation tours, they had Redemption and then Opeth; Redemption was really good, and we walked out on Opeth within a minute after the guy started "singing").  This just lets me know I don't have to be uber-concerned about being on time.  Unfortunately, I won't have the option of going to a Kings game beforehand.

Ten day countdown starts today.

I do wonder sometimes why people do not enjoy instrumental music, when it's music without vocals. To me, it seems they really enjoy the voice more so than the music. Which then makes me ask, how one who doesn't enjoy instrumental music views Acapella music?

Regardless of being an instrumental band. Arch Echo does things that most instrumental bands do not, and they blended a lot of modern styles into their music. I love it for that fact and they deserve to get more recognition.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #650 on: January 26, 2022, 10:28:23 AM »

He literally answered your q. Have you considered looking into it yourself in the last 8 months since the tour was announced?

What do you think the purpose of my question was if not "looking into it"?  Could I have gone to YouTube and searched without asking the question here?  Sure.  You got a problem with me asking here?  WTF?

I do wonder sometimes why people do not enjoy instrumental music, when it's music without vocals. To me, it seems they really enjoy the voice more so than the music. Which then makes me ask, how one who doesn't enjoy instrumental music views Acapella music?

I don't mind the occasional instrumental, but I generally want vocals to go with the music.  For example, I really dig LTE's Acid Rain, but I wouldn't want a whole album of it.  And I have almost zero interest in a cappella stuff (even though I've heard the occasional cool song, but that's usually because it's a cover of a song I otherwise like).

Offline krands85

« Reply #651 on: January 26, 2022, 10:52:38 AM »
TesseracT announced as the support for the UK shows, hell yeah. As somebody who was meant to see them supporting Trivium last year before that tour got changed and was disappointed Devin Townsend wasn't the support in the UK, I am now even more excited for this show. I've seen TesseracT a few times before so I'd be very happy with the set they were playing supporting Bullet for My Valentine last year as that has a few songs in in they've never played live before plus most of the favourites.
When I read that, I thought "ooh, I may have to get tickets after all", then remembered they're not playing in Scotland this tour  :lol :'(
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Blazinarps

« Reply #652 on: January 26, 2022, 12:06:24 PM »

What do you think the purpose of my question was if not "looking into it"?  Could I have gone to YouTube and searched without asking the question here?  Sure.  You got a problem with me asking here?  WTF?

I don't mind the occasional instrumental, but I generally want vocals to go with the music.  For example, I really dig LTE's Acid Rain, but I wouldn't want a whole album of it.  And I have almost zero interest in a cappella stuff (even though I've heard the occasional cool song, but that's usually because it's a cover of a song I otherwise like).

You asked what they sound like. You were answered. They said they are similar to OTHER instrumental bands. You then asked if they were an instrumental band.

Lol

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #653 on: January 26, 2022, 01:35:34 PM »
It's interesting to see how brains are wired different regarding music. I tend to listen to the music first, then vocals/lyrics. So for me, LTE, Plini, and Arch Echo really impacted my music tastes. Even though Dream Theater was my first real prog metal band, the music is what caught my attention first. As my music tastes have changed and evolved, I still focus on the music first, then vocals/lyrics.

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #654 on: January 26, 2022, 09:15:00 PM »
Just received an email from Sound Rink the band has decided that the M&G will be canceled this year
Totally understandable.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #655 on: January 27, 2022, 04:36:28 AM »
Just received an email from Sound Rink the band has decided that the M&G will be canceled this year
Totally understandable.

I thought it already was.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #656 on: January 28, 2022, 10:29:13 AM »
So...who all is going to the Los Angeles show next Saturday?  Any meet ups planned?

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #657 on: February 01, 2022, 11:33:27 AM »
Yes, all 4 are instrumental bands.if you are not into instrumental bands then you might not like their stuff, but if you do enjoy some instrumental music then is worth checking them out, specially Plini

Give Plini as try PG... especially "Pan" from the "Impulse Voices" album.  Awesome use of an 8-string in a more ambient way imo.

When I read that, I thought "ooh, I may have to get tickets after all", then remembered they're not playing in Scotland this tour  :lol :'(

Ehhh... I would kill to see TesseracT live and with DT to boot.  Man, that's tempting if I could manage a flight (and talk my wife into it).  A killer line-up for me would be TesseracT, BTBAM, and DT; call it the "Altered Colors in the Viewfinder" tour.  Have a show at Pompeii ala Gilmour...
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #658 on: February 01, 2022, 11:48:31 AM »
I'm on the road to Mesa for tomorrow's show. Gonna be a blast, and it might be snowing too.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #659 on: February 01, 2022, 11:55:08 AM »
So...who all is going to the Los Angeles show next Saturday?  Any meet ups planned?

Anyone?  Bueller?

Now I have to decide whether or not to look at the set list before Saturday.  I think I probably will since I'm not as up to speed with View as I'd like to be.

Offline Lowe2005

« Reply #660 on: February 01, 2022, 12:20:37 PM »

Give Plini as try PG... especially "Pan" from the "Impulse Voices" album.  Awesome use of an 8-string in a more ambient way imo.

Ehhh... I would kill to see TesseracT live and with DT to boot.  Man, that's tempting if I could manage a flight (and talk my wife into it).  A killer line-up for me would be TesseracT, BTBAM, and DT; call it the "Altered Colors in the Viewfinder" tour.  Have a show at Pompeii ala Gilmour...
Did you see TesseracT, BTBAM and Plini together in 2018?

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #661 on: February 01, 2022, 12:25:24 PM »

Did you see TesseracT, BTBAM and Plini together in 2018?

Sadly no... business kept me from the show closest to me.  I'm sure it was incredible!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Kram

« Reply #662 on: February 01, 2022, 12:57:33 PM »
3 more days for me in San Diego.  Friday can't come soon enough.  I'm debating whether or not I should peak at the Mesa setlist after tomorrow night.

Online geeeemo

« Reply #663 on: February 01, 2022, 02:48:00 PM »
For the Oakland show on Sunday there is a DT USA meet-up.

Feb 06  Drake's Dealership, Oakland, CA, 4-6pm

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #664 on: February 01, 2022, 03:00:24 PM »
3 more days for me in San Diego.  Friday can't come soon enough.  I'm debating whether or not I should peak at the Mesa setlist after tomorrow night.

As hard as I try to resist I always look at the setlist.