Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 45896 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...new dates announced
« Reply #420 on: November 17, 2021, 09:48:44 AM »
hrmm no Charlotte date yet, wonder if that will even be rescheduled...

Yeah... Ticketbastard still says "Date TBA" but methinks the Raleigh NC date will be replacing it.  I see no way they get from Redstank NJ to Charlotte NC during the day on 3-10 to play the Charlotte show. 

Redstank in an Impractical Jokers reference by the way...
Yeah, I imagine Raleigh is replacing Charlotte.

Which works out well for me lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kram

« Reply #421 on: November 17, 2021, 10:27:22 AM »
Looks like they'll be a San Diego area show now after all.  Friday Feb 4th in El Cajon (10-15 miles east of SD).  Tickets go on sale tomorrow for previous buyers, but I haven't received any notification from Ticketmaster with a previous buyers password.  What password have you guys been using for the previous buyers sale?

Hi there, I have not received a notification either. Ditto for a couple buddies. I had front row center to the original SD show so super bummed the venue got changed. The only email i received was the TM cancellation/refund last month. So TM/LN lists a "previous buyers presale" for 10am PST this morning. . . so which previous buyers have received an email? Looks like TM botched this one (surprise, surprise) as i got jack... checked spam folder too. Have any San Diego attendees received an email with passcode for today?
Yep, same here.  Can anyone tell us what the password was/is for the "previous buyers presale" for any of the other cities?  Maybe it's the same password.  Thanks

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #422 on: November 17, 2021, 10:34:21 AM »
Just a heads up for DC:  the mask mandate was removed as of today in the District.  Now, as to the Warner....  we were there for a show a week ago, and mask mandates and proof of being vaxxed were still in effect.  One doesn't know what it will be like on March 6th.  Things change.  Just be prepared, and be safe.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline alewis525

« Reply #423 on: November 17, 2021, 11:11:16 AM »
FYI, the San Diego "previous buyers" presale password is CIVIC, just like it was for the original show at the other venue.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #424 on: November 17, 2021, 11:17:42 AM »
Ticket Master wouldn't let me buy the two tickets I selected because it would have stranded a single ticket, so I ended up only being able to buy one.  What sense is that???

EDIT:  I ended up also buying 2 tickets in 5th row in El Cajon at the pre-buyers price.  Will decide at some point if i want to sell my single front row center ticket which I also bought at the steep platinum price.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 11:35:32 AM by RaiseTheKnife »

Offline btp2112

« Reply #425 on: November 17, 2021, 11:29:11 AM »
Looks like they'll be a San Diego area show now after all.  Friday Feb 4th in El Cajon (10-15 miles east of SD).  Tickets go on sale tomorrow for previous buyers, but I haven't received any notification from Ticketmaster with a previous buyers password.  What password have you guys been using for the previous buyers sale?

Hi there, I have not received a notification either. Ditto for a couple buddies. I had front row center to the original SD show so super bummed the venue got changed. The only email i received was the TM cancellation/refund last month. So TM/LN lists a "previous buyers presale" for 10am PST this morning. . . so which previous buyers have received an email? Looks like TM botched this one (surprise, surprise) as i got jack... checked spam folder too. Have any San Diego attendees received an email with passcode for today?

Quick update. I got the email from Emporiumpresents at 10:03, so 3 minutes after the pre-sale had started - ridiculous! Passcode is CIVIC

Offline Kram

« Reply #426 on: November 17, 2021, 11:40:01 AM »

Quick update. I got the email from Emporiumpresents at 10:03, so 3 minutes after the pre-sale had started - ridiculous! Passcode is CIVIC
LOL I got the email at 10:02 (presale started at 10:00) with the password.  Ended up with 6th row center.

Offline Kram

« Reply #427 on: November 17, 2021, 11:43:23 AM »
Ticket Master wouldn't let me buy the two tickets I selected because it would have stranded a single ticket, so I ended up only being able to buy one.  What sense is that???

EDIT:  I ended up also buying 2 tickets in 5th row in El Cajon at the pre-buyers price.  Will decide at some point if i want to sell my single front row center ticket which I also bought at the steep platinum price.
$250 for front row?  I was seeing 5th row at I believe $225 - and then the 6th row was $79.50 - so I jumped on those.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #428 on: November 17, 2021, 12:10:22 PM »

You weren't expecting anything RipoffMaster does to make sense, were you?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #429 on: November 17, 2021, 12:17:26 PM »

You weren't expecting anything RipoffMaster does to make sense, were you?

I hate this "feature" but it makes some sense as those stranded single seats aren't as likely to sell, but as someone who goes to concerts solo a lot, I would love to have more opportunities to buy tickets.

$250 for front row?  I was seeing 5th row at I believe $225 - and then the 6th row was $79.50 - so I jumped on those.

I'm assuming those are "official platinum" which means ticketmaster raised the prices due to demand. 

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #430 on: November 17, 2021, 12:20:26 PM »

The front ticket was at platinum price, $413 for the single ticket after fees.  I would have bought two if Ticketmaster allowed it.  I thought I might be able to do back-to-back purchase of single tickets next to each other, but to no surprise, the other ticket was sold once I completed the first purchase.  The 5th row tickets were at the pre-buyers sale of $79.50.   The 5th row at $225 were platinum, so the pre-buyers tickets were scattered among the available slots.

I did previously have 2 front row tickets for the Civic Theater at the normal face value, but someone must have grabbed those at 10:01am.  I hope they enjoy them.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #431 on: November 17, 2021, 12:22:00 PM »

Yeah... Ticketbastard still says "Date TBA" but methinks the Raleigh NC date will be replacing it.  I see no way they get from Redstank NJ to Charlotte NC during the day on 3-10 to play the Charlotte show. 

Worked out for you :lol. I don't know if I'll make to the Raleigh show, it's a Friday so maybe.

Offline Kram

« Reply #432 on: November 17, 2021, 12:26:47 PM »

I'm assuming those are "official platinum" which means ticketmaster raised the prices due to demand.
Probably - but for a $145 difference in price, and only one row further back, it was a no brainer.

Offline Kram

« Reply #433 on: November 17, 2021, 12:33:44 PM »

The front ticket was at platinum price, $413 for the single ticket after fees.  I would have bought two if Ticketmaster allowed it.  I thought I might be able to do back-to-back purchase of single tickets next to each other, but to no surprise, the other ticket was sold once I completed the first purchase.  The 5th row tickets were at the pre-buyers sale of $79.50.   The 5th row at $225 were platinum, so the pre-buyers tickets were scattered among the available slots.

I did previously have 2 front row tickets for the Civic Theater at the normal face value, but someone must have grabbed those at 10:01am.  I hope they enjoy them.
OK, I see how it works now.  Glad your 5th row seats were only $79.50.  I'm happy with 6th row center at $79.  I had I believe 7th row on Myungs side for the Civic Center show - so this worked out in the end.  Did you see them at The Magnolia when they played here on the DOT tour?  I think you'll be happy with 5th row if you decide to sell your first row ticket.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #434 on: November 17, 2021, 12:50:03 PM »

Worked out for you :lol. I don't know if I'll make to the Raleigh show, it's a Friday so maybe.
Let me know if you wind up coming!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #435 on: November 17, 2021, 12:54:01 PM »

Probably - but for a $145 difference in price, and only one row further back, it was a no brainer.

yeah totally, I refuse to buy an official platinum ticket.  Also, and it's kind of unlikely for front row tickets, but often if you wait until day of show, the prices reset to from official platinum to normal face value.  Granted, not usually the case for front row tickets but for the rest of the seats that get jacked up and end up being over valued.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #436 on: November 17, 2021, 02:28:49 PM »

Let me know if you wind up coming!

:lol Well... it works out for Hef.  Seems like I remember you having to drive back to Raleigh (or thereabouts) after the last Charlotte show in 2019... or was that Asheville in 2019?

The Raleigh show is my birthday weekend (3-10) so I should be able to make that show work... just have to stay overnight on the 11th.  We (anyone attending the show from DTF) should go to The Pit before the show for dinner and drinks. 
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #437 on: November 17, 2021, 02:30:34 PM »
Well now that BBQ is mentioned I'm even more inclined to go lol

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #438 on: November 17, 2021, 02:33:26 PM »
Yeah... it's top notch!  Even with Ed Mitchell out doing his own thing somewhere else (food truck I think?), damn good pork.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #439 on: November 17, 2021, 02:35:37 PM »
Seems like I remember you having to drive back to Raleigh (or thereabouts) after the last Charlotte show in 2019... or was that Asheville in 2019?
It was Charlotte.

The Raleigh show is my birthday weekend (3-10) so I should be able to make that show work... just have to stay overnight on the 11th.  We (anyone attending the show from DTF) should go to The Pit before the show for dinner and drinks.
Hell yes!

Well now that BBQ is mentioned I'm even more inclined to go lol
YYEEEESSSS

Offline btp2112

« Reply #440 on: November 17, 2021, 03:17:41 PM »

LOL I got the email at 10:02 (presale started at 10:00) with the password.  Ended up with 6th row center.

Yup I got the password at 10:03, go figure! Coincidentally, I also ended up with 6th row center - but still TBD if i can make San Diego. I'm so pissed because i had front row center for the original date... I logged on at 7am sharp and grabbed a front row center platinum for about $160 - then the platinum prices shot up to $225 or so 5 minutes later, so a buddy got second row for a higher price than i did for front row... damn Ticket Bastard algorithms screwing the fans!!  I wanted to get a front row this morning but I'm not paying $350 (yes, platinum shot up to $350) on a matter of principle. I already dropped $300 or so for front row in Oakland. First world problems, I guess.

Offline Kram

« Reply #441 on: November 17, 2021, 04:02:07 PM »

Yup I got the password at 10:03, go figure! Coincidentally, I also ended up with 6th row center - but still TBD if i can make San Diego. I'm so pissed because i had front row center for the original date... I logged on at 7am sharp and grabbed a front row center platinum for about $160 - then the platinum prices shot up to $225 or so 5 minutes later, so a buddy got second row for a higher price than i did for front row... damn Ticket Bastard algorithms screwing the fans!!  I wanted to get a front row this morning but I'm not paying $350 (yes, platinum shot up to $350) on a matter of principle. I already dropped $300 or so for front row in Oakland. First world problems, I guess.

Well if you already have front row for Oakland I think you'll be happy with 6th row here. Hopefully you can make it, you'll probably be sitting right next to my friends and I.

Online mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #442 on: November 17, 2021, 04:06:21 PM »
Nashville rescheduled for March 13th at the Opry House.  Last concert I saw there was Don Henley in 1982. I really feel old now.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #443 on: November 17, 2021, 04:38:46 PM »
So how many new songs do you guys think they will play on this tour? Or do we already have a separate thread for that discussion?

Since they’ve done away with the “evening with“ format, I’m imagining that we only get four songs or maybe five at the most.

I think The Alien and the title track are gimmies. Beyond that…if I were a betting man…I’d put my money on Invisible Monster and Sleeping Giant. MAYBE Answering the Call if they decide to do a fifth. But with only 90-100 minutes, and being relatively certain they play the title track, that doesn’t leave a lot of room for much else.

I am happy that they are a band that really does not have “that one song you absolutely have to play” because it really keeps you guessing what the rest will be.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline DTA

« Reply #444 on: November 17, 2021, 05:52:07 PM »
Five songs seems likely, with Awaken The Master and Transcending Time being the ones left out. I’m hoping they pull out some Mangini stuff they haven’t done from D/T and DT12 and stuff from ADToE they’ve ignored since the tour.

Offline Mr.Mister

« Reply #445 on: November 17, 2021, 06:18:41 PM »
Sadly I feel Sleeping Giant will be left out. I hope I'm wrong

Offline LKap13

« Reply #446 on: November 17, 2021, 06:42:05 PM »
I think they will almost certainly play awaken the master given the novelty of the 8 string.

Otherwise I'm hoping they play as much of this album as possible. Realistically I would guess they open with Alien, play either ATC or TT and then finish with Master and Epic

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #447 on: November 17, 2021, 06:56:07 PM »
Five songs seems likely, with Awaken The Master and Transcending Time being the ones left out. I’m hoping they pull out some Mangini stuff they haven’t done from D/T and DT12 and stuff from ADToE they’ve ignored since the tour.
Nah - I'd bet that Awaken the Master will at least be an alternating track if not played at every show. After all, it will be an opportunity for JP to show off his brand new 8-string! The Alien and title track are other givens, and I'd wager that Invisible Monster and Sleeping Giant will swap between shows like they did with Paralyzed and Fall Into the Light on the last tour. Hopefully they'll alternate at least few other older tracks too, especially since they're not doing an Evening With tour.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #448 on: November 17, 2021, 06:58:20 PM »
Naturally, I received the email with the pre-buyers code at 1:53pm, 4 hours after tickets go on pre-sale.  Thanks for BTP2112 for the earlier tip.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #449 on: November 17, 2021, 07:01:36 PM »
Yeah, with a shorter show this time, it would be nice to see a less static set list this time around, instead of one or two token spots to rotate, but I am not going to hold my breath waiting for that. :lol

Offline DTA

« Reply #450 on: November 18, 2021, 05:21:42 AM »
Nah - I'd bet that Awaken the Master will at least be an alternating track if not played at every show. After all, it will be an opportunity for JP to show off his brand new 8-string! The Alien and title track are other givens, and I'd wager that Invisible Monster and Sleeping Giant will swap between shows like they did with Paralyzed and Fall Into the Light on the last tour. Hopefully they'll alternate at least few other older tracks too, especially since they're not doing an Evening With tour.

You could be right. Though I always hate when bands rotate new songs, as inevitably my city gets the song I want to hear least out of the two options. Ideally, they'd keep the new song choices static from city to city, and rotate any older songs (though nothing that hasn't been played before like Surrender to Reason or Out of Reach if they decide to debut those).

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #451 on: November 18, 2021, 06:07:28 AM »
Five songs seems likely, with Awaken The Master and Transcending Time being the ones left out.
I would be shocked if they left out Awaken The Master, since they released it as a single.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #452 on: November 18, 2021, 07:10:34 AM »
If they do a rotating setlist (at least 2 songs rotating) then I'll go to 2 shows.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #453 on: November 18, 2021, 07:48:09 AM »
Five songs seems likely, with Awaken The Master and Transcending Time being the ones left out.
I would be shocked if they left out Awaken The Master, since they released it as a single.
The Alien and Invisible Monster were the only two singles.  Awaken The Master features the 8 string guitar, so It seems likely that they will play it live, plus it's such a great song.   
This album needs to be played in its entirety!   :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #454 on: November 18, 2021, 08:22:45 AM »
The Alien and Invisible Monster were the only two singles.  Awaken The Master features the 8 string guitar, so It seems likely that they will play it live, plus it's such a great song.   
This album needs to be played in its entirety!   :metal
Not sure how you define "single" these days, but they definitely released a full-length animated video of the song.  That's the only way I can tell anymore.