Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 45915 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DT tour delayed !!!!
« Reply #350 on: November 11, 2021, 02:06:30 PM »
That is fucked.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #351 on: November 12, 2021, 04:41:50 AM »
Yeah, this is actually a joke at this point. We have lives. We need to know the new dates for planning purposes.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #352 on: November 12, 2021, 07:24:39 AM »
Fingers crossed for Saturday 2/26 in CT, the venue has an open calendar that night too!!

A Saturday date would be amazing!  :metal

If that were the date, I'd consider going for a 2nd show.  The original dates I had the Philly area show as potential weekend second show I can get to easily.  Maybe with the new dats, CT becomes that option.

I was going to offer to have a DTF BBQ the afternoon of if the show were to be on a Saturday, but then I remembered it'd be in February  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #353 on: November 12, 2021, 08:41:53 AM »
Fingers crossed for Saturday 2/26 in CT, the venue has an open calendar that night too!!

If that were the date, I'd consider going for a 2nd show.  The original dates I had the Philly area show as potential weekend second show I can get to easily.  Maybe with the new dats, CT becomes that option.

I was going to offer to have a DTF BBQ the afternoon of if the show were to be on a Saturday, but then I remembered it'd be in February  :lol

Sounds like a Chino problem, not a DTF problem.  We'll be there.  Have the burnt ends ready.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #354 on: November 12, 2021, 08:44:01 AM »
 :lol :lol

Offline Awaken

« Reply #355 on: November 12, 2021, 09:39:41 AM »

Sounds like a Chino problem, not a DTF problem.  We'll be there.  Have the burnt ends ready.

I would have definitely taken you up on that!  If this show happens and anyone is up for a bbq meet up at Bear's in Hartford or Windsor I'd be up for that.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #356 on: November 12, 2021, 11:35:40 AM »

I would have definitely taken you up on that!  If this show happens and anyone is up for a bbq meet up at Bear's in Hartford or Windsor I'd be up for that.

I'd be interested in something like that. I just heard yesterday that The Flying Pig (Bear's sister restaurant and original location) went under :( 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #357 on: November 13, 2021, 04:29:07 PM »
Back when he put the hi hats above his head I said - hes only doing that to make a point and 100% after the tour they'll be back down at normal height.- sure enough the new album was recorded on a

'regular' 5 piece kit like you or I would play. Plus the rocket toms.

It's interesting that since A Dramatic Turn Of Events - his kit has gotten progressively (npi) smaller with each album and now he's basically playing a more 'regular' 5 piece kit.

(Yes I know this is the tour thread but i didn't know where else to post it. Just thought it was interesting.... Is age getting to him? Maybe he's decided to make it easier on himself ?

Pretty sure I saw him say that playing the hi hats above his head for a whole gig did make his arms and back ache...)

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #358 on: November 13, 2021, 04:35:40 PM »
Back when he put the hi hats above his head I said - hes only doing that to make a point and 100% after the tour they'll be back down at normal height.- sure enough the new album was recorded on a

'regular' 5 piece kit like you or I would play. Plus the rocket toms.

It's interesting that since A Dramatic Turn Of Events - his kit has gotten progressively (npi) smaller with each album and now he's basically playing a more 'regular' 5 piece kit.

(Yes I know this is the tour thread but i didn't know where else to post it. Just thought it was interesting.... Is age getting to him? Maybe he's decided to make it easier on himself ?

Pretty sure I saw him say that playing the hi hats above his head for a whole gig did make his arms and back ache...)

The room the band created the music in was so small that if he did bring his entire kit then it'd just be him in that room with the guys in a corner.  :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #359 on: November 13, 2021, 04:37:14 PM »
Yes that too. But i'm pretty sure he's said that the recording kit is also the touring kit so we shall see.

I think it would look a lot better playing a small(er) kit for a change.

I always thought it was silly when he said he needed everything on the Dramatic Turn kit to play " The DT catalogue "

When Portnoy played the "DT Catalogue" just fine and his (normal, right side kit) was nowhere near that big.

( 8 toms, 4 bass drums 4 electro pads etc )

Offline Glasser

« Reply #360 on: November 13, 2021, 05:04:21 PM »
Yes that too. But i'm pretty sure he's said that the recording kit is also the touring kit so we shall see.

I always thought it was silly when he said he needed everything on the Dramatic Turn kit to play " The DT catalogue "

When Portnoy played the "DT Catalogue" just fine and his (normal, right side kit) was nowhere near that big.

Didn’t know Mangini had another gig. I just can’t stop watching this!!!!

https://youtu.be/ItZyaOlrb7E

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #361 on: November 13, 2021, 06:08:16 PM »
Oh yeah, he's great!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #362 on: November 13, 2021, 06:33:08 PM »
Oh yeah, he's great!

Like Blas from the band Slaughter!  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #363 on: November 13, 2021, 06:43:54 PM »
I wouldn't know. ;D

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #364 on: November 14, 2021, 01:42:46 AM »

Didn’t know Mangini had another gig. I just can’t stop watching this!!!!

https://youtu.be/ItZyaOlrb7E
:rollin
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #365 on: November 14, 2021, 12:47:49 PM »
Well no DT on the 30th of Nov. but WICKED on Broadway with my daughter will be fun...still waiting on the new Brooklyn date for next year

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #366 on: November 14, 2021, 01:03:14 PM »
Wicked Pissah !

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #367 on: November 14, 2021, 04:07:48 PM »
I’ve never been more pissed ..Kings Theater completely canceled and gotta go through all this ticket master crap all over again not  knowing when  we will get our money back..new date at Beacon Theater
..anyone know how long it takes to get refunded?

At this point I honestly don't think I'm going thru this shit anymore more flight plans that might get screwed..more ticketmaster bull crap not knowing when we will get our original nearly 500 dollars back... I've been uplifted from deep dark times by Dream Theater now it's all disappointment lately..not musically but the way all this has been handled is awful
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 04:57:01 PM by dtrocker25 »

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #368 on: November 14, 2021, 05:12:37 PM »
I’ve never been more pissed ..Kings Theater completely canceled and gotta go through all this ticket master crap all over again not  knowing when  we will get our money back..new date at Beacon Theater

At this point I honestly don't think I'm going thru this shit anymore more flight plans that might get screwed..more ticketmaster bull crap not knowing when we will get our original nearly 500 dollars back... I've been uplifted from deep dark times by Dream Theater now it's all disappointment lately..not musically but the way all this has been handled is awful

I really get where you are coming from. I have 2 shows I am waiting to hear about. Both are travel for me.
I just like to keep this in mind. Covid has cause everything to be shit.
There is no good customer service for anything now. Food. Home repair. Auto care. And more. I haven't even had a hot fench fry from McDonald's in 2 years. Everyone is understaffed. I really have had to change how I look at everything service-wise. I think most places are doing the best they can with what they have.
The only exception is that Ticketbastard have sucked for a long time.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #369 on: November 14, 2021, 06:24:48 PM »

I have a sneaky suspicion I’m going to have the same battle on my hands. Judging from the dates they’ve rescheduled near St. Louis I don’t see a lot of wiggle room to fit them in.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #370 on: November 14, 2021, 07:04:39 PM »

Sucks that they cancelled completely. When is the Beacon Theater show?
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #371 on: November 14, 2021, 07:21:53 PM »
Ticketbastard sent email..March 4...here’s what’s nuts..presale tomorrow morning..yet we won’t get our refund for who knows how long..if it was at Kings Theater we would have our 4 th row dead center seats...now I’m not even sure if I’m gonna go thru it all to try to fly up a second time..tickets ..airlines..
Etc.. just to stressful for me right now..I’m not handling this well at all

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #372 on: November 15, 2021, 07:44:37 AM »
I do wish there was a little more communication with these kind of things. But it is what it is.

This Beacon Theater show is a better option for me than CT. I have Front Row tickets to CT but haven't receive a new date yet. I see the presale for Beacon Theater is for those who bought tickets before already. I'll try to grab a pair and if I do, I'll request a refund for the CT tickets.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #373 on: November 15, 2021, 08:31:06 AM »
I dont go to gigs anymore for a number of reasons. But the uncertainty of your gig actually happening is yet another.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #374 on: November 15, 2021, 10:33:42 AM »
Since DT already postponed once while covid isn't raging, kind of makes me think i wouldn't book a flight to see the new dates because they may postpone again.

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #375 on: November 15, 2021, 05:30:46 PM »
God I'm so f mad...logged in to Ticketmaster with precode and previous buyer unlock and it won't allow me to purchase when seats are selected..this is so fucked  up

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #376 on: November 15, 2021, 05:47:18 PM »
God I'm so f mad...logged in to Ticketmaster with precode and previous buyer unlock and it won't allow me to purchase when seats are selected..this is so fucked  up

I do not understand this. The same thing happened to me when I bought tickets . I just kept repeating and finally got it. But they inflate the prices also! Premium seating. It's such a racquet. Almost better to go aftermarket. Which I did for one of the shows because it never worked at all on Ticketbastard  :tdwn

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #377 on: November 15, 2021, 07:14:35 PM »
Can someone please please help with this crap..get JP or James or DT management to adress this

Ticketmaster and venue websites contradict each other ..Kings Theater still says postponed hang on to tickets as well as Tickmaster yet Tickmaster sends link to Beacon presale..this is beyond messed up and needs to be addressed asap or they will start losing fanbase

Offline TheBarstoolWarrior

• PR permission
« Reply #378 on: November 15, 2021, 07:15:51 PM »
sounds like it's gonna be the beacon in that case

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #379 on: November 15, 2021, 07:52:03 PM »
It literally says postponed ..your tickets are still valid on Tickmaster for Kings Theater

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #380 on: November 16, 2021, 07:18:41 AM »
Just got a Bandsintown message that the Austin show is on March 21, 2022.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 08:59:37 AM by goo-goo »

Offline Awaken

« Reply #381 on: November 16, 2021, 07:24:30 AM »
Saturday March 5 for CT!

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #382 on: November 16, 2021, 07:30:11 AM »
Saturday March 5 for CT!

I'm literally so happy I could cry. I adore the new album and if I had to miss this tour altogether I'd be heartbroken.

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #383 on: November 16, 2021, 07:35:08 AM »
New Toronto date......Wednesday March 2nd.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #384 on: November 16, 2021, 08:06:23 AM »
Saturday March 5 for CT!

I'm literally so happy I could cry. I adore the new album and if I had to miss this tour altogether I'd be heartbroken.

Did you two get emails from Ticket Master about this? I didn't see any come through.