Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 45856 times)

Offline Kram

Re: DT tour delayed !!!!
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2021, 10:29:35 AM »
I got an email from Ticketmaster saying my event has been cancelled (San Diego show) and that I'll automatically be receiving a refund.  DT's press release however, states all shows are being rescheduled and to hold on to your tickets - so not sure what's going on - I have good seats too, so hoping it would be rescheduled and I could just use these tickets...I'm sure they're still working on it, but this is causing confusion for sure.

Offline Tony From Long Island

• No Day But Today
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2021, 10:45:59 AM »
People were talking about it here:

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=56664.msg2813845#msg2813845

Given the number of shows I have seen this summer, I see no reason for this.  But Oh well, I'll be there when they finally do come around.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtvUwbiqcKY_DF-0WXtlHFg       Listen to my mediocre recordings!

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2021, 10:46:32 AM »
I just read this and wonder if maybe there actually is hope that things are better come February

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-fda-chief-predicts-delta-142409469.html

Gottlieb's predictions are in line with a new model of the virus' spread from a group of North American university researchers. Their model predicts that the number of new cases per day will steadily drop from 117,000, the current average, to just 9,000 per day by March 2022.

Side note:
I'm keeping my ticket since it's a front row seat in Red Bank

me too. Front row in Oakland, 3rd row in Denver, 6th row in Houston.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2021, 10:51:32 AM »
I just read this and wonder if maybe there actually is hope that things are better come February

Gottlieb's predictions are in line with a new model of the virus' spread from a group of North American university researchers. Their model predicts that the number of new cases per day will steadily drop from 117,000, the current average, to just 9,000 per day by March 2022.

Side note:

I wouldn't mind if Oakland got moved to Reno.  :biggrin:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2021, 10:51:44 AM »
The press release specifically states "varying local mandates" which makes me think this is the reason, not covid/illness in general.  This could mean a few things, maybe the band is uncomfortable playing in states where there is no requirement to show proof of vaccination.  Or maybe the band doesn't want to play shows where it is required.  Maybe a member or members of the band are not vaccinated themselves.  Some bands have mentioned both ends of the spectrum for reasons not to perform.  I'd imagine DT doesn't want to let any more details out to potentially divide their fan base.

Agreed
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2021, 10:55:56 AM »
I can't really get into AE. They're alright. If we're stuck with an opening act then they're a fine one. But I'd much rather have none. Why even have an opening act? Idk. Maybe I'm the only one feeling this way.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2021, 11:08:50 AM »

Side note:

I wouldn't mind if Oakland got moved to Reno.  :biggrin:

That would solve some problems, but I dont think I will ever get center front row again.... (I have to say my best concert day Ever, was the last show we saw in Reno - from hosting  the official pre-show meet-up, to me giving the band-signed banner from that meet-up to someone I met there that I am sure doesn't get much cool stuff like that, to of course the show, and then the after show...all with my son  :heart)

Offline rab7

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2021, 11:09:55 AM »
I can't really get into AE. They're alright. If we're stuck with an opening act then they're a fine one. But I'd much rather have none. Why even have an opening act? Idk. Maybe I'm the only one feeling this way.

I agree, but when you consider they did like 3 solo tours in a row, it'll be a good breather for them not to play for 2-3 hours every single night.

Sucks for the fans, sure, but it's good for them and it's good for Arch Echo

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2021, 11:10:48 AM »
Nope, I feel this way. I have only been a fan for 5 years - I don't want to share concert time. But, it is what it is, and at this point, I am grateful for any concert!!

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2021, 11:47:57 AM »
I got an email from Ticketmaster saying my event has been cancelled (San Diego show) and that I'll automatically be receiving a refund.  DT's press release however, states all shows are being rescheduled and to hold on to your tickets - so not sure what's going on - I have good seats too, so hoping it would be rescheduled and I could just use these tickets...I'm sure they're still working on it, but this is causing confusion for sure.

Mine said to hold on to your tickets while the dates are rescheduled as well as the refund process if you decide to ask for one. Maybe SD is not on the new rescheduled dates?

Offline Kram

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2021, 12:04:56 PM »

Mine said to hold on to your tickets while the dates are rescheduled as well as the refund process if you decide to ask for one. Maybe SD is not on the new rescheduled dates?
Not sure I hope SD will be rescheduled.  The DT press release definitely states that ALL shows will be rescheduled.  Maybe it will be a change of venue?

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2021, 01:18:30 PM »
I'm definitely holding on to my tickets.  I got front row balcony almost centered but a little towards JP's side, at the Paramount theater in Seattle. 
I'll have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed, but not at the band as they are disappointed too. I've just been kind of down in the dumps lately with the pressures of daily life and was really looking forward to a nice escape in early November. Now we have to wait four months or more. 
Same thing happened with the NMB, but holding on to those tickets too.   :chill
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2021, 01:36:40 PM »
$#it happens ! I’m just hoping the rescheduled date for Orlando is anything but Feb 10,2022 ! Planning on getting Tix for Tool in Miami for that night …
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2021, 01:47:09 PM »
Nothing from Ticketbastard for the Charlotte NC show... I'll hold the tix as they're great seats and I love the venue.

Bummed for certain, but I understand.  Would they be having issues getting JLB into the country?   Just thinking out loud....

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2021, 01:49:06 PM »
Well, I suppose European tour will be postponed as well? If so, f*** it. I won't be able to go to another show.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2021, 01:52:25 PM »
Nothing from Ticketbastard for the Charlotte NC show... I'll hold the tix as they're great seats and I love the venue.

Bummed for certain, but I understand.  Would they be having issues getting JLB into the country?   Just thinking out loud....

I haven't gotten any email about the Red Bank show. 

As for JLB, isn't (or wasn't) he already in the country to work on the album.  I think Canadians don't have an issue getting into the US for business.  Unleash the Archers (from Canada) are just wrapping up their NA tour.  They did have an issue getting into the US, but their problem was they played a show in Belgium, went back to Canada, then tried to get into the US and that was a no no so they had to wait an extra week even with showing negative tests and vaccinations. 

Offline the_silent_man

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2021, 01:52:49 PM »
Hoping this will not delay the album as well  :-\

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2021, 02:00:33 PM »
Hoping this will not delay the album as well  :-\
I don't see any reason why it would.  The album is done, in production, and ready to ship in a few weeks. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2021, 05:01:33 PM »
Fingers crossed Arch Echo can't do the new dates and we get an evening with DT.

Nah. Arch Echo is just that good and deserve more exposure. They're one of the few modern instrumental bands that has a stern focus on melody. And not just groove, rhythm, odd time, and odd structures.

It's a bit odd for me to explain, but I hear that same focus on melody and tone in their guitar sounds as I do with JP's guitar tone. The one song that highlights this for me from Arch Echo is "Measure of A Life".

For some reason, that song has the same impact as the intro to TCOT and it's ending Acoustic Guitar chords. And the solo in ITPoE. PT.1...Almost forgot about the intro solo in The Alien.

Same here. Love AE.

Don't think they will bail out of the DT support act. a) it's a MASSIVE opportunity for them and b) all of the Arch Echo members are posting about the tour postponement and "see you in Feb" messages.

Yup. Arch Echo are not that big of a band to have a schedule that spans at least 5 years out. Which is a major reason why a lot of bands also released new music, as those bands with a 5 year outlook schedule suddenly became free to record again.

I am sure the Arch Echo guys were especially bummed, and honestly, I feel they are the ones who can be most upset at it, because of them sharing the stage with one of their influences, the exposure, and what that would bring.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Glasser

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2021, 05:40:49 PM »
Symphony X are going to start touring next Summer which is more realistic than DT most likely having to postpone it again in February. An all around crap situation.

Offline CrimsonE

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2021, 05:59:01 PM »
This on top of finding out Judas Priest postponing their tour due to Richie Faulkner having some issues with his heart.  I hope he's all right, but one potentially disappointing thing is that if JP come back next year (likely in the summer since it is an outdoor venue), they won't have Sabaton, and I was really looking forward to seeing Sabaton in something bigger than a club or theater.  That certainly isn't something we here in the US are going to get on a regular basis, especially in the south.

Nonetheless, next year looks to be an awesome one for shows if things don't keep getting postponed--Dream Theater, Judas Priest, Roger Waters, Motley Crue/Def Leppard and other shows I've been waiting for. 

In the heart of your most solemn barren night
When your souls turn inside out
Have you questioned all the madness you invite?
What your life is all about

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2021, 07:26:20 PM »
The only emails I've gotten from Ticketmaster is advertising for more fucking concerts. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LKap13

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2021, 07:46:14 PM »
Symphony X are going to start touring next Summer which is more realistic than DT most likely having to postpone it again in February. An all around crap situation.

Are they writing an album?

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2021, 08:02:20 PM »
The only thing I can think of is how a lot of the concerts that have gone on this year to date have been rescheduled shows dating from last year, taking place in open air stadiums and amphitheaters or tiny little clubs.  Perhaps the insurance requirements for newly-booked shows are different from the rescheduled shows and nobody wants to be on the hook for it.  Also, for bands going out on tour, if something happens and the tour has to be postponed or cancelled, the bands still have to pay the crews and for any buses they had booked for travel.  If that band isn't in the top tier or 2 of bands, it could get financially devestated.  That's not me sh*tting on DT (I love the band), just being realistic.

As for Covid playing a part in poor ticket sales... It's definitely a possibility.  Different bands seem to have been affected in varying degrees.  The rescheduled Black Crowes show I went to a few weeks ago was like half-full.  Four days later at the same venue, you couldn't find an open seat at the rescheduled Dave Matthews Band show.  I'm only guessing that DT would fall more into the Black Crowes scenario and not DMB.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2021, 08:25:37 PM »

Mike is ALWAYS writing  ;)

Offline LKap13

« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2021, 08:27:35 PM »
Love the sx guys. They're never in a rush to put out new albums, def less of a one after another thing than DT. It's always been dt and sx for me!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2021, 08:28:19 PM »

Listened to Pawn And Prophecy today at work! :metal

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2021, 08:32:34 PM »

War of The Worlds pt.2 coming soon!!!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2021, 08:34:42 PM »

Give me Lepond over Tolkki Romero.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2021, 08:36:53 PM »

This album fucking rips!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2021, 08:37:32 PM »

Give me Lepond over Tolkki Romero.

I do like the Everdawn album!

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2021, 02:08:31 AM »

Mike Lepond and Michael Romeo are both writing all the time.  Lepond has put out three great metal albums (Silent Assassins :metal) since SX last release, and Michael Romeo helped him produce them. Romeo's solo album is great too!  :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline LKap13

« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2021, 05:12:06 AM »
Checking out lepond. Nothing modern about it! In the best way possible. Just raw prog metal. Never any bs with the sx guys... Cuz they're from jersey!!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2021, 08:18:22 AM »

There's that one NYC show that leaked with SX and Haken in May.

Offline LKap13

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2021, 08:21:59 AM »
Gonna buy tickets to that one later today. Always a great show, even if they tend to play the same stuff