Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 45942 times)

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: DT tour delayed !!!!
« Reply #315 on: November 05, 2021, 02:24:47 PM »
The point is to assuage the fans who see the lack of communication as neglect.  And while "we already know that they're working on it," we don't know details that are important to a lot of folks.  I'm fortunate in that I know the rescheduled date for my show, and it's on the same day of the week as before.  But it would be nice to know what the specifics of their plan is.  If it's not important to you, that's fine, but it's obviously meaningful to a lot of folks.

Also, when folks refer to "the band" in this sort of context, their talking about the various business entities that are owned by the band members -- in this case, Infinity Tours, Inc.  No one needs a phone call from JR himself.

The fans just need to have patience. As stated there is more than we all know, and the band also doesn't know much at all. That information is between their tour manager, promoters, and the venue. Somewhere in there is some miscommunication or something else entirely occurring. Knowing how the pandemic is affecting a lot of different areas of the music business, we should expect there to be some issues arising.

Us as fans can only be patient. It's very unfortunate, but it's what it is. Complaining about a situation that is out of the bands control isn't going to make these dates be announced quicker. You would have to demand the venue, contact their tour manager, and even the promoter to find out exactly what is going on that is making the venue show the band is still playing. We know from the band these dates are not going to happen, if people go it's on the venue. I would be directing my anger at the venue itself for claiming the show is still going to happen when the band themselves issued a statement. That shows me it's either the promoters or the venue itself that is causing the issue, not the band.

I am not expecting, or demanding the band to release another statement when that is not in their control. The ones who should be issuing a statement are the venues, and many actually did. Mesa Arts Center, emailed me a copy of the statement from the band, then later on emailed a statement about the new rescheduled date.

The venues are the ones who can issue refunds for the tickets. The communication neglect is on the venues, not the band.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Glasser

« Reply #316 on: November 05, 2021, 02:37:41 PM »
The point is to assuage the fans who see the lack of communication as neglect.  And while "we already know that they're working on it," we don't know details that are important to a lot of folks.  I'm fortunate in that I know the rescheduled date for my show, and it's on the same day of the week as before.  But it would be nice to know what the specifics of their plan is.  If it's not important to you, that's fine, but it's obviously meaningful to a lot of folks.

Also, when folks refer to "the band" in this sort of context, their talking about the various business entities that are owned by the band members -- in this case, Infinity Tours, Inc.  No one needs a phone call from JR himself.

When you're right, you're right! Details not needed but being left in the dark is uncool. A simple "hey guys, we are  in the process of rescheduling show dates, thanks for your patience and support through this" would be so simple and respectful to all the fans who spend their money and time on the band they love. It takes literally seconds to keep us updated.  :huh:   

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #317 on: November 05, 2021, 02:48:48 PM »
If they wouldn't have postponed, DT would have played in Seattle last night.  So last night I decided to blast the new album louder than ever and imagined seeing them playing it live.  It was a fantastic show!   :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #318 on: November 06, 2021, 08:04:20 AM »

When you're right, you're right! Details not needed but being left in the dark is uncool. A simple "hey guys, we are  in the process of rescheduling show dates, thanks for your patience and support through this" would be so simple and respectful to all the fans who spend their money and time on the band they love. It takes literally seconds to keep us updated.  :huh:

Agreed.  I think some fans need to be a littler more patient and understanding, but I do think it would be a nice gesture for JP or one of the others to post something online with the above sentiment (and not a statement that reads like a press release written by their record company's PR department :lol).  The personal touch of a message from a band member to the fans would go a long way.  :coolio :coolio

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #319 on: November 06, 2021, 03:48:42 PM »
Got my email!!

Boston is Friday 2/25!!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #320 on: November 06, 2021, 03:52:48 PM »
It's gonna be 12 days of Dream Theater tour date announcements! :corn

Offline Glasser

« Reply #321 on: November 06, 2021, 04:06:30 PM »
Got my email!!

Boston is Friday 2/25!!!

Lets meet up man!!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #322 on: November 06, 2021, 04:07:53 PM »
Got my email!!

Boston is Friday 2/25!!!

Lets meet up man!!!

You going? Definitely. Probably just to say hi at the show but that’s be cool.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #323 on: November 06, 2021, 04:15:16 PM »
Got my email!!

Boston is Friday 2/25!!!

Lets meet up man!!!

Well yeah and grab a pic maybe. I was hoping we can do a duet of Take The Time but that and a sleepover are out of the question?  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #324 on: November 06, 2021, 06:04:17 PM »
Got my email!!

Boston is Friday 2/25!!!

Lets meet up man!!!

Well yeah and grab a pic maybe. I was hoping we can do a duet of Take The Time but that and a sleepover are out of the question?  :lol

:lol

Definitely grab a Pic!

Offline NoFred

« Reply #325 on: November 08, 2021, 10:11:28 AM »
Chicago set for 2/20

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2021, 10:32:18 AM »
So far, these are the new confirmed dates:

2/2 Mesa, AZ
2/5 Los Angeles, CA
2/6 Oakland, CA
2/19 Milwaukee, WI
2/20 Chicago, IL
2/23 Akron, OH
2/25 Boston, MA
3/15 Orlando, FL
3/16 St. Petersburg, FL

We'll probably get the rest this week, or at least most of them.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Trav86

« Reply #327 on: November 08, 2021, 10:48:32 AM »
I’m guessing Dallas will be early March.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #328 on: November 08, 2021, 02:04:46 PM »
red bank nj rescheduled for March 9th!

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #329 on: November 08, 2021, 02:06:37 PM »

2/2 Mesa, AZ
2/5 Los Angeles, CA
2/6 Oakland, CA
2/19 Milwaukee, WI
2/20 Chicago, IL
2/23 Akron, OH
2/25 Boston, MA
3/9 Red Bank, NJ
3/15 Orlando, FL
3/16 St. Petersburg, FL

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #330 on: November 08, 2021, 02:13:50 PM »

2/2 Mesa, AZ
2/5 Los Angeles, CA
2/6 Oakland, CA
2/19 Milwaukee, WI
2/20 Chicago, IL
2/23 Akron, OH
2/25 Boston, MA
3/9 Red Bank, NJ
3/15 Orlando, FL
3/16 St. Petersburg, FL

This does not bode well for my cancelled 12/4/21 show in St. Louis. Would seem it'd have been in that 2/19 - 2/23 time frame.   :censored
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #331 on: November 08, 2021, 02:17:05 PM »
School vacation? You guys going away?

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #332 on: November 08, 2021, 02:17:35 PM »

2/2 Mesa, AZ
2/5 Los Angeles, CA
2/6 Oakland, CA
2/19 Milwaukee, WI
2/20 Chicago, IL
2/23 Akron, OH
2/25 Boston, MA
3/9 Red Bank, NJ
3/15 Orlando, FL
3/16 St. Petersburg, FL

This does not bode well for my cancelled 12/4/21 show in St. Louis. Would seem it'd have been in that 2/19 - 2/23 time frame.   :censored

I have tickets for 12/3/21 and I figure it'll be sometime between March 1-15 based on what we've seen in the rescheduled dates so far.

Offline Kram

« Reply #333 on: November 08, 2021, 02:26:53 PM »

2/2 Mesa, AZ
2/5 Los Angeles, CA
2/6 Oakland, CA
2/19 Milwaukee, WI
2/20 Chicago, IL
2/23 Akron, OH
2/25 Boston, MA
3/9 Red Bank, NJ
3/15 Orlando, FL
3/16 St. Petersburg, FL

Don't give up hope there's plenty of days between 2/6 and 2/19, as well as a few days between 2/20 and 2/23.  I'm still holding out hope San Diego will be rescheduled on either 2/3 or 2/4, between the Mesa and LA shows

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #334 on: November 08, 2021, 02:28:56 PM »

Depending on dates that'd dictate if we traveled or not. That's what was good about 12/4. It was a Saturday night in St. Louis.....no travel and no school night.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #335 on: November 08, 2021, 02:30:07 PM »

Depending on dates that'd dictate if we traveled or not. That's what was good about 12/4. It was a Saturday night in St. Louis.....no travel and no school night.

That sucks!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #336 on: November 08, 2021, 03:39:02 PM »

For sure.  This getting rescheduled to a weeknight/work night will suck for sure, and seems almost inevitable at this point, if it gets rescheduled at all.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #337 on: November 08, 2021, 04:22:09 PM »
March 9 lands on a Wednesday so I guess I'll wait and see the CT date and Brooklyn.

I was skipping NJ because it was originally on a Monday, Wednesday is not any better.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #338 on: November 08, 2021, 04:23:48 PM »
March 9 lands on a Wednesday so I guess I'll wait and see the CT date and Brooklyn.

I was skipping NJ because it was originally on a Monday, Wednesday is not any better.

Not doing the Boston show now so CT or NY it shall be.

Offline tofee35

« Reply #339 on: November 09, 2021, 08:27:50 AM »
Just picked up tickets for my Godson and me in Boston. It will be his first concert...he's turning 13 and what a way to start your concert-going life! I haven't seen them since ADTOE tour and only one other time before then (Gigantour). I'm pumped for this. I can' wait to see what they do for a setlist.

-Tof

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #340 on: November 09, 2021, 05:42:50 PM »
I hope they announce my new date soon because I'd like to see Greta Van Fleet at the end of march and wanna make sure that isn't the day of my DT show.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #341 on: November 09, 2021, 05:46:33 PM »
I hope they announce my new date soon because I'd like to see Greta Van Fleet at the end of march and wanna make sure that isn't the day of my DT show.

I am working on the arrangements to see their second night in AC in April.  I just saw them in Atlanta last weekend, SOOO good!

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #342 on: November 09, 2021, 05:54:16 PM »

I am working on the arrangements to see their second night in AC in April.  I just saw them in Atlanta last weekend, SOOO good!

Nice! I've never seen them live so I'm definitely excited to see a hometown date on the upcoming tour!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: November 10, 2021, 10:20:36 AM »
red bank nj rescheduled for March 9th!

I just got my email for this, date works for me.  Current plan is to go to Vegas on the 11th for 3/11 Day concert so I may just take the 8th off as well after this show and make it a long concert weekend. 

Well, even if those full plans don't work out, I am keeping my front row ticket for Red Bank.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #344 on: November 10, 2021, 12:39:32 PM »
Fingers crossed for Saturday 2/26 in CT, the venue has an open calendar that night too!! 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #345 on: November 10, 2021, 01:29:34 PM »
Fingers crossed for Saturday 2/26 in CT, the venue has an open calendar that night too!!

I have front row tickets for the CT show and my fear is that it will land on 2/26 lol

Tool is playing that day and I wanted to go see them as well. Plus, it's my birthday that day, and my partner doesn't like DT. I'm sure she will go if need be, but I rather have a birthday celebration outside of a DT show lol but I am waiting patiently  :corn

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #346 on: November 10, 2021, 02:27:12 PM »

A Saturday date would be amazing!  :metal

Offline MrMike

« Reply #347 on: November 11, 2021, 10:49:57 AM »
Patiently waiting for the Austin reschedule, which I hope to God isn't during South By Southwest when traffic and parking are horrendous.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #348 on: November 11, 2021, 11:37:30 AM »

A Saturday date would be amazing!  :metal

If that were the date, I'd consider going for a 2nd show.  The original dates I had the Philly area show as potential weekend second show I can get to easily.  Maybe with the new dats, CT becomes that option.

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #349 on: November 11, 2021, 02:03:47 PM »
Guys it's getting pretty comical at this point.. seriously..just got email from Tunespeak for a chance to win free tickets to the Dallas show in Dec..and when you click on link all the Nov - Dec dates are still there to win tickets..it's sad now at this point