Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 45995 times)

Offline geeeemo

Re: DT tour delayed !!!!
« Reply #280 on: November 02, 2021, 02:12:44 PM »
Just got notice that Oakland has been rescheduled for Feb 6! Got to keep my great seat!  :metal

What's weird is the date hasn't been added yet to the website.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 02:23:27 PM by geeeemo »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #281 on: November 02, 2021, 03:02:22 PM »
Hopefully more dates get confirmed soon
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2021, 03:24:43 PM »
:emo: i've never been to a Dream Theater date

... or any kind of date.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #283 on: November 02, 2021, 03:46:31 PM »
According to Ticketmaster, the Chicago and Milwaukee shows are still happening next week.  :lol

Offline NoFred

« Reply #284 on: November 02, 2021, 04:32:14 PM »
Haha yeah, got my reminder email about “its almost here” and mobile tickets only yesterday…

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: November 02, 2021, 05:34:15 PM »
Haha yeah, got my reminder email about “its almost here” and mobile tickets only yesterday…

wow, that is bad especially for people who don't follow along on social media to have seen the news.

Offline NoFred

« Reply #286 on: November 02, 2021, 11:14:01 PM »
Agreed, plus even the venue still has them as booked on their site (Chicago Theater is owned by MSG so like TicketMaster, a name most people would trust). At this point I’m certain some people will show up.

Heck I’m even thinking to walk past the venue next week to see if they’re on the marquee, when I already know they won’t be. Changes in plans really need to be repeatedly pounded into peoples heads.

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #287 on: November 03, 2021, 06:27:23 AM »
Any mods or ppl close to the band have a clue when they will be in NYC...KINGS THEATER and Ticketmaster both say postponed but hang on to your tickets

Offline Trav86

« Reply #288 on: November 03, 2021, 06:50:49 AM »
Any mods or ppl close to the band have a clue when they will be in NYC...KINGS THEATER and Ticketmaster both say postponed but hang on to your tickets

They’re all saying postponed, but hang on to your tickets. Other than the two or three shows that have been rescheduled. It’s going to be Feb/Mar.  I doubt anyone knows any more specifically than that. 
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Blazinarps

« Reply #289 on: November 03, 2021, 08:40:22 AM »
I'll buy from secondhand market for a couple of bucks whenever they decide to stop being afraid and play!!!!!!!!!!!

There's probably more going on than just fear of playing. I think it was put in this thread somewhere, but there's a JLB interview where he talks about how expensive it has to have shows cancelled due to a failed COVID test or running afoul of some local regulation. I agree, in a high level sense, that the best thing they can do is whatever it takes to tour. Perhaps that would mean doing less of a stage show in order to reduce the loss of a cancelled show. But I get the impression from what I hear on these forums that DT has a group of crew they try to consistently work with so I don't think they want to leave some of them out to dry. Also, on a more simple level, I doubt it's easy to make emergency re-schedules of shows for only 2-4 months from now. Tours are usually announced far more in advanced. While I wouldn't bet on it, for all we know a revised tour schedule will come out next week.

I get where you're coming from. To say I find how we've panicked over COVID appalling would be... beyond an understatement. But I think being mad about DT being 'afraid to play' can only lead to sadness.

TOTALLY "get" what you're saying and I'm not "mad" at the band. I just think (and have always since the '90's) felt that THE WEAK POINT of the band was/is their management. MP did everything he could to possibly keep fans updated but obviously that info left with him. It just thoroughly pisses me off that they announce a Euro tour without ANY idea of what's going on with the postponed US tour. I have other shows in that time frame and I'm not missing them because I'm afraid to pull the trigger in case DT EVER announces dates that may conflict. I'll take my money back now and buy later for .10C on the dollar which I should have from the start.

As we all know, the secondary market for tickets is notorious for selling at .10c on the dollar. *just play already* lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #290 on: November 03, 2021, 08:45:44 AM »
Just got notice that Oakland has been rescheduled for Feb 6!

NOOOOOOO!  :(
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #291 on: November 03, 2021, 10:07:36 AM »

Well Bosk, perhaps they'll play in Reno.  That means you would have to drive over the snowy pass to get there right?
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #292 on: November 03, 2021, 10:55:23 AM »

Well Bosk, perhaps they'll play in Reno.  That means you would have to drive over the snowy pass to get there right?

Yeah, but if they did, it would either be right before or right after that date, and I am out of state at that time.  I actually love that venue in Reno (and prefer the drive there to the drive to the Bay Area).  But the scheduling just doesn't work. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #293 on: November 03, 2021, 11:00:27 AM »
Any other dates on the west coast that you could realistically make the trip?  I guess we need to see the itinerary first..  :lol
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #294 on: November 03, 2021, 11:03:46 AM »
Yeah, I'll have to see the schedule.  But I kind of doubt it.  It's too bad they won't be in Florida while I'm out there.  I wouldn't mind catching them in another state. 

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #295 on: November 03, 2021, 11:33:44 AM »

Yeah, but if they did, it would either be right before or right after that date, and I am out of state at that time.  I actually love that venue in Reno (and prefer the drive there to the drive to the Bay Area).  But the scheduling just doesn't work.

Oh no!!!! This is such a bummer!  :'(

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #296 on: November 03, 2021, 05:41:27 PM »
Got the email today that Orlando has been rescheduled to March 15th. No update on the Tampa date though.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #297 on: November 03, 2021, 08:08:21 PM »
Based on the rescheduled dates that have been confirmed, I have a feeling I'll have to pick between seeing Tool and DT. But we will see.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #298 on: November 04, 2021, 09:39:40 AM »
Based on the rescheduled dates that have been confirmed, I have a feeling I'll have to pick between seeing Tool and DT. But we will see.

That's what I'm worried about, I have tickets to Tool in Tampa on the 2/9.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #299 on: November 04, 2021, 09:52:54 AM »

Apparently, they are in Los Angeles 2/5 and Oakland 2/6.  I doubt they would be all the way across the country by 2/9 (although it would be awesome for ME if they were, since that is the time I will be there).

Offline pg1067

« Reply #300 on: November 04, 2021, 11:19:02 AM »

Apparently, they are in Los Angeles 2/5 and Oakland 2/6.  I doubt they would be all the way across the country by 2/9 (although it would be awesome for ME if they were, since that is the time I will be there).

Exactly.  The Los Angeles date was, I believe, the third date during the October through December run, while the St. Petersburg, FL show was either the last or one of the last dates.  With Los Angeles and other early dates being rescheduled for early February, one can assume that the mid-December dates will be rescheduled for late March or early April.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #301 on: November 04, 2021, 12:01:08 PM »
Yeah, if they are going to be in Orlando on March 15, I would think Tampa will land around there as well (plus/minus 3 days).

For me, the original date was the weekend after Thanksgiving. Do I think it will land around the end of February or first few days of March.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #302 on: November 04, 2021, 05:04:50 PM »
These are the only dates we have so far in US >:( :censored
Feb 5 L.A.
Feb 6 Oak
Feb 19 Milwaukee
Mar 15 Orlando
Mar 16 St. Pete

and still not a damn peep by the band.....TERRIBLE! :tdwn

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #303 on: November 04, 2021, 10:57:44 PM »
Feb 5 L.A.
Feb 6 Oak
Feb 19 Milwaukee
Mar 15 Orlando
Mar 16 St. Pete

You forgot...

Feb 2 Mesa, AZ - Mesa Arts Center
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Trav86

« Reply #304 on: November 05, 2021, 04:51:53 AM »
Feb 5 L.A.
Feb 6 Oak
Feb 19 Milwaukee
Mar 15 Orlando
Mar 16 St. Pete

They sent out the message when everything was being postponed saying the shows will be rescheduled. Now as they’re being rescheduled, people with tickets are getting messages. What do you want the band to say? “We’re working on it”? We already know that.
Can't we find the minds

Offline pg1067

« Reply #305 on: November 05, 2021, 09:16:12 AM »
Feb 5 L.A.
Feb 6 Oak
Feb 19 Milwaukee
Mar 15 Orlando
Mar 16 St. Pete

They sent out the message when everything was being postponed saying the shows will be rescheduled. Now as they’re being rescheduled, people with tickets are getting messages. What do you want the band to say? “We’re working on it”? We already know that.

A press release wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  Something to the effect of:  "We're trying to reschedule all of the dates and the same venues and in roughly the same order as they were originally announced.  However, there may be some challenges with some venues," etc., etc.  In other words, don't just leave it to the local promoters to do the communicating on a show-by-show basis.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #306 on: November 05, 2021, 10:28:08 AM »
Just got an email about one of my shows.  Akron is now Wednesday February 23.  It's not on a Friday like it was before. Still going though.  Not giving up front row!  I also had 2 other shows planned.  Hopefully at least one(if not both) gets rescheduled for a Friday or Saturday.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #307 on: November 05, 2021, 10:41:28 AM »
I hope my Denver show is still on Saturday - or Friday. My son is going with me and is in college and works, so harder to get time off. We are traveling there. I am already going to 1 show alone, don't really want to do 2 that way. Denver is where I grew up, so I could maybe get an old school buddy to go with me - especially 3rd row! And Dream Theater! lol! My old rockers friends who don't know DT would be in for such a treat!! :metal

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #308 on: November 05, 2021, 11:28:45 AM »
Feb 5 L.A.
Feb 6 Oak
Feb 19 Milwaukee
Mar 15 Orlando
Mar 16 St. Pete

A press release wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  Something to the effect of:  "We're trying to reschedule all of the dates and the same venues and in roughly the same order as they were originally announced.  However, there may be some challenges with some venues," etc., etc.  In other words, don't just leave it to the local promoters to do the communicating on a show-by-show basis.

That is all left for their Tour Manager to handle and deal with.
I am sure they did not expect this rescheduling to be as complicated as it seems.

The venues themselves are also their own entity and some are more helpful than others. Some venues are good at the communication, others are not. This is where issues arise with promoters, venues, and tour managers.

But also, it takes time to get these things situated and us fans just need to be patient. They stated these dates will be rescheduled and they will let us know once they are.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Kram

« Reply #309 on: November 05, 2021, 12:26:57 PM »
Feb 5 L.A.
Feb 6 Oak
Feb 19 Milwaukee
Mar 15 Orlando
Mar 16 St. Pete

The venues themselves are also their own entity and some are more helpful than others. Some venues are good at the communication, others are not. This is where issues arise with promoters, venues, and tour managers.
And this is why the band should release a statement to let their loyal fans know what is going on.  I had great seats for the San Diego show.  Apparently that show was just cancelled, as we automatically received refunds.  Are they looking to reschedule at a different venue in SD?  The bands press release stated "all shows are being rescheduled"  If not I'll probably go to the LA show, but it'd be nice to know before buying tickets for LA.  I've also seen a lot of confusion concerning some of the other shows (apparently the Chicago show is still happening next week according to Ticketmaster).  I think it would behoove the band at this point to issue another statement updating us on where they are in the process.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #310 on: November 05, 2021, 12:59:37 PM »
I don’t wanna make an argument out of this but I really don’t understand what the point of that is. We already know that they’re working on it. We already know that they’re in the process of it. And it’s not the band that’s doing it, it’s their management and booking agents. They are working with the promoters and the venues. They can’t make a statement for every single show that gets canceled and postponed, they don’t need to, you’ll get an email from the venue or the promoter when that happens.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 01:04:47 PM by Trav86 »
Can't we find the minds

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #311 on: November 05, 2021, 01:09:46 PM »
Feb 5 L.A.
Feb 6 Oak
Feb 19 Milwaukee
Mar 15 Orlando
Mar 16 St. Pete

And this is why the band should release a statement to let their loyal fans know what is going on.  I had great seats for the San Diego show.  Apparently that show was just cancelled, as we automatically received refunds.  Are they looking to reschedule at a different venue in SD?  The bands press release stated "all shows are being rescheduled"  If not I'll probably go to the LA show, but it'd be nice to know before buying tickets for LA.  I've also seen a lot of confusion concerning some of the other shows (apparently the Chicago show is still happening next week according to Ticketmaster).  I think it would behoove the band at this point to issue another statement updating us on where they are in the process.

"All shows are being rescheduled" is not a guaranteed statement. There are many things that need to be settled before even finalizing a rescheduled date.

I have noticed the venues that have their own ticketing systems, such as the Mesa Arts Center, are more upfront about it. Some venues are kind enough to notify their ticketholders. This is nothing the band or their management can do anything about.

I know it sucks, but it's the fallout of the situation we are all in right now. The venue likely has short staff as well and maybe only have one person that deals with this stuff and could be dealing with some situations on their own end.

I do hope you guys do get your dates situated soon and the band will release the new rescheduled tour so people can buy tickets. At least by Thanksgiving.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #312 on: November 05, 2021, 01:14:31 PM »
The point is to assuage the fans who see the lack of communication as neglect.  And while "we already know that they're working on it," we don't know details that are important to a lot of folks.  I'm fortunate in that I know the rescheduled date for my show, and it's on the same day of the week as before.  But it would be nice to know what the specifics of their plan is.  If it's not important to you, that's fine, but it's obviously meaningful to a lot of folks.

Also, when folks refer to "the band" in this sort of context, their talking about the various business entities that are owned by the band members -- in this case, Infinity Tours, Inc.  No one needs a phone call from JR himself.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #313 on: November 05, 2021, 01:57:34 PM »
The point is to assuage the fans who see the lack of communication as neglect.  And while "we already know that they're working on it," we don't know details that are important to a lot of folks.  I'm fortunate in that I know the rescheduled date for my show, and it's on the same day of the week as before.  But it would be nice to know what the specifics of their plan is.  If it's not important to you, that's fine, but it's obviously meaningful to a lot of folks.

Also, when folks refer to "the band" in this sort of context, their talking about the various business entities that are owned by the band members -- in this case, Infinity Tours, Inc.  No one needs a phone call from JR himself.

The thing is that at this point, they probably don’t know much more than what we know. They said they planned to have the shows rescheduled to starting in Feb. Which is what seems is happening. So, what exactly is the information that you want? They they can provide right now, that we don’t already know?
Can't we find the minds

Offline Kram

« Reply #314 on: November 05, 2021, 02:12:33 PM »
I'm with pg1067 on this.  It's not that they need to provide us with specifics that, admittedly, they probably don't have yet - but by issuing an "update", this would maybe "reassure" their fans that they're on it and doing what they can to make this work.  I'm sure they are, but the radio silence is lame IMO and not the way I'd run my business.  I'd be updating my customers on the progress.