Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 45905 times)

Offline goo-goo

Re: DT tour delayed !!!!
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2021, 11:42:46 AM »
Still quiet on the Austin show regarding refunds or new date. I got great seats so I just want the rescheduled date to pop up.

Offline Kram

« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2021, 11:47:48 AM »
I just received an email from Ticketmaster, regarding the San Diego show, saying they received the funds from the "Event Organizer" and have refunded my order.  Says I should see the funds in 7-10 business days.  So I guess the San Diego show is just cancelled.  I'm hoping they reschedule it for another venue.  I'm now starting to wonder if the tour will take place at all now in Feb/Mar - maybe that's why they haven't announced any new dates - maybe the band is still at odds about whether to tour in the spring or not..

I wonder if the gave some of the promoters the option to opt out of the tour. Maybe the San Diego promoter did just that.
It's possible, I wish there was some more communication from the band if that is the case - but the DT press release distinctly said "all shows are being rescheduled" - so who knows. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2021, 12:19:44 PM »
I just received an email from Ticketmaster, regarding the San Diego show, saying they received the funds from the "Event Organizer" and have refunded my order.  Says I should see the funds in 7-10 business days.  So I guess the San Diego show is just cancelled.  I'm hoping they reschedule it for another venue.  I'm now starting to wonder if the tour will take place at all now in Feb/Mar - maybe that's why they haven't announced any new dates - maybe the band is still at odds about whether to tour in the spring or not..

I wonder if the gave some of the promoters the option to opt out of the tour. Maybe the San Diego promoter did just that.
It's possible, I wish there was some more communication from the band if that is the case - but the DT press release distinctly said "all shows are being rescheduled" - so who knows.

It's not a guarantee though.

There's lots of things that need to be discussed with this decision. Having to basically take the tour schedule and work with all the venues to form a tour pattern that is capable of hitting all the dates. They will likely run into venues having bookings for other bands, to where the band has no choice but to find another venue, either in the same city or different town.

The location of the dates and where they'll start probably won't even be the same either. A new entire tour map has to be redrawn.

So my date could very well end up being the last date of the tour. Now that would suck more  :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline pg1067

« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2021, 02:42:30 PM »
I have a ticket for a show TEN days from now, and I have gotten ZERO official communication about the postponement/cancelation.  Not the band's fault, but this is a lousy way to do business.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Kram

« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2021, 03:02:26 PM »
I have a ticket for a show TEN days from now, and I have gotten ZERO official communication about the postponement/cancelation.  Not the band's fault, but this is a lousy way to do business.
To your point - I just went to DT's website and it looks like you can still buy tickets to the LA show.  I clicked on the link, selected two seats, and was taken to the checkout page.  No mention of any postponement/cancellation.

Offline bigmclargehuge

« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2021, 03:06:24 PM »
To your point - I just went to DT's website and it looks like you can still buy tickets to the LA show.  I clicked on the link, selected two seats, and was taken to the checkout page.  No mention of any postponement/cancellation.

Man, that’s crazy. Well, I guess people should just show up to the venue at the original date and time just in case a concert happens? Ha.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2021, 03:47:42 PM »

That's crazy.  For the Mesa show, it says postponed.  San Diego:  canceled.  Oakland:  postponed.  Portland:  bad link.  Los Angeles:  buy away.

I just sent an email to AXS, so we'll see what response I get.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Kram

« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2021, 04:35:14 PM »

That's crazy.  For the Mesa show, it says postponed.  San Diego:  canceled.  Oakland:  postponed.  Portland:  bad link.  Los Angeles:  buy away.

I just sent an email to AXS, so we'll see what response I get.
The lack of consistency is surely adding to the frustration/confusion surrounding this situation.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2021, 05:18:37 PM »
Lol I know nothing, JP just strikes me as the kinda guy to avoid the jab. Especially since he's so into working out, and he's so healthy that I see him as the kind of guy to see no point in the vaxx.

Please know that I am only going off of pointless feelings.  :)

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2021, 05:19:11 PM »
Btw, where can I find this JP interview people keep mentioning? Thanks!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2021, 05:21:45 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2021, 05:24:46 PM »

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2021, 05:31:40 PM »
crazy thought but is it possible some of the band members or crew arent vaccinated?

I believe that at least Petrucci and Myung are not vaxxed. I'd be shocked if they are, especially Petrucci. My guess is they aren't and don't wanna deal with negative test BS for every show.
This doesn't make any sense. I actually agree in part, I'd bet on JP being unvaxxed, but he's the one that wants to tour. As he said, he was voted down, and he's the one that'd endure the "bullshit."

I wonder if that's why I didn't see any New York Shitty tour dates listed. The last two (and only times) I saw them was in The Shitty.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2021, 06:09:42 PM »
The text of my live chat with an AXS rep regarding the LA show is below.

Paul xxx:  I bought a ticket for the Dream Theater concert on October 30, 2021.  However, the band has announced that it is postponing its October through December 2021 North American tour dates to early 2022.  Fans who have purchased tickets for every other venue on the tour have been officially notified about the postponement and given information about refunds or the tickets being valid for the rescheduled dates.  AXS, however, has provided no notice regarding the October 30 date.  Since the concert presumably will not be happening in 10 days, please advise what sort of arrangements will be made.

Chat started

Sharra B. joined the chat
Sharra B.:  Hi how can I help you ?

Paul xxx:  I bought a ticket for the Dream Theater concert on October 30, 2021 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.  However, the band has announced that it is postponing its October through December 2021 North American tour dates to early 2022.  Fans who have purchased tickets for every other venue on the tour have been officially notified about the postponement and given information about refunds or the tickets being valid for the rescheduled dates.  AXS, however, has provided no notice regarding the October 30 date.  Since the concert presumably will not be happening in 10 days, please advise what sort of arrangements will be made.

Sharra B.:  Hi , you can always submit a refund request and it will be sent to the promoter of the event for approval or denial.

Paul xxx:  If I don't want a refund, will my ticket still be good for the rescheduled date?

Sharra B.:  Yes sir.

I don't feel entirely confident that this person had any clue what I was actually asking about.

I almost want to go to LA Live next Saturday because I feel pretty confident that there will be a LOT of folks who will show up expecting a concert and it will be fairly amusing watching what happens.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2021, 06:12:17 PM »
^^ Well, I'm going to be there anyway, since the Kings plays the Habs next door (and it's an afternoon game).  I might as well roam around the area and see what develops.

Offline Kram

« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2021, 07:05:43 PM »
The text of my live chat with an AXS rep regarding the LA show is below.

Paul xxx:  I bought a ticket for the Dream Theater concert on October 30, 2021.  However, the band has announced that it is postponing its October through December 2021 North American tour dates to early 2022.  Fans who have purchased tickets for every other venue on the tour have been officially notified about the postponement and given information about refunds or the tickets being valid for the rescheduled dates.  AXS, however, has provided no notice regarding the October 30 date.  Since the concert presumably will not be happening in 10 days, please advise what sort of arrangements will be made.

Chat started

Sharra B. joined the chat
Sharra B.:  Hi how can I help you ?

Paul xxx:  I bought a ticket for the Dream Theater concert on October 30, 2021 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.  However, the band has announced that it is postponing its October through December 2021 North American tour dates to early 2022.  Fans who have purchased tickets for every other venue on the tour have been officially notified about the postponement and given information about refunds or the tickets being valid for the rescheduled dates.  AXS, however, has provided no notice regarding the October 30 date.  Since the concert presumably will not be happening in 10 days, please advise what sort of arrangements will be made.

Sharra B.:  Hi , you can always submit a refund request and it will be sent to the promoter of the event for approval or denial.

Paul xxx:  If I don't want a refund, will my ticket still be good for the rescheduled date?

Sharra B.:  Yes sir.

I don't feel entirely confident that this person had any clue what I was actually asking about.

I almost want to go to LA Live next Saturday because I feel pretty confident that there will be a LOT of folks who will show up expecting a concert and it will be fairly amusing watching what happens.
You should have asked her if she's showing it cancelled/postponed on her end? 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2021, 10:07:27 PM »
I would strongly caution against making assumptions about vax status based on political leanings.  I lean a LOT farther right than I would guess Petrucci does on a lot of issues, as do most of the people I associate with and spend time with, and the VAST majority of those people are vaccinated.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2021, 06:48:39 AM »
DT doesn't make huge amount of money like Kiss, where they can afford paying the crew for additional time off  if someone comes Covid positive and some dates would need to be postponed. Also, it might also possible that they couldn't get insurance for Covid postponements/cancellation of dates (like Marillion) or it was very cost prohibitive to get a policy that included Covid damages. So besides the health risks, there are also huge financial risks as well.

Even MP has talked about how they lost a lot of money with the last Sons of Apollo tour, when they pulled the plug early on. Same with Anathema. Most of the costs are paid upfront so you can get easily derailed financially by a week of postponed/cancelled shows.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2021, 09:13:56 AM »
I do find it curious that JP actually put it out there that he had been overridden by the rest of the band aside from Myung. His comments and interviews just always seem very politically correct and like he is speaking on behalf of the group, it's rare to see him off the cuff like that. I guess it does go to show you that as much as influence as he has in DT, t's not just his band.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #159 on: October 21, 2021, 10:03:37 AM »
crazy thought but is it possible some of the band members or crew arent vaccinated?

I believe that at least Petrucci and Myung are not vaxxed. I'd be shocked if they are, especially Petrucci. My guess is they aren't and don't wanna deal with negative test BS for every show.
This doesn't make any sense. I actually agree in part, I'd bet on JP being unvaxxed, but he's the one that wants to tour. As he said, he was voted down, and he's the one that'd endure the "bullshit."

I wonder if that's why I didn't see any New York Shitty tour dates listed. The last two (and only times) I saw them was in The Shitty.

They had a date for Brooklyn?
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline pg1067

« Reply #160 on: October 21, 2021, 10:09:48 AM »

They had a date for Brooklyn?

Yup.  Tuesday, November 30 at Kings Theatre in Brooklyn.

I also just noticed at the band's website that there's a shload of European dates starting April 20, 2022 in Belfast.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #161 on: October 21, 2021, 11:04:53 AM »
I decided to do another live chat this morning:

Chat started
Sheronda joined the chat

Sheronda:  Hi Paul ***. Thank you for contacting AXS! My name is Sheronda . Can you provide the details below so that I can check the status of your tickets?

Venue
Order number
Last 4 digits of the credit card used for the purchase

Paul ***:  I have a confirmation number of ___.
Venue is the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
Not 100% sure which credit card I used, but it would have been either ___ or ___.

Sheronda:  Please allow me a few moments to pull up your account
Did you need a refund?

Paul ***:  I don't want a refund.  The band has indicated that the tour dates are being postponed, but I haven't received any communication from AXS (or anyone else) about the postponement or what the plan is for people who have bought tickets for the 10/30 date.
Are you showing on your end that the event is postponed?
My preference would be to keep my ticket and attend the rescheduled show.

Sheronda:  Did you check your junk and spam mail

Paul ***:  I check it occasionally.  There's nothing in my spam folder right now about this.  Was an email sent?

Sheronda:  I am not showing that we have sent out letters saying the event as postponed

Paul ***:  OK, but are you showing the event as postponed (or canceled)?

Sheronda:  As of right now, they have not cancelled or postponed the event for this day.
You can continue to check the website and your email.  As of right now the event is still happening for this date

Paul ***:  Someone should look into this.  Other venues have been sending communications to ticket buyers based on the band's announcement.  Here's a link to the band's website where they indicate the postponement:  https://dreamtheater.net/tour/

Sheronda:  Paul again the event has not been cancelled or postponed.  If you go to AXS website you will see the event is still happening, until the promoter of the event tells us otherwise the end is still on.  If it does cancel or postponed you will receive an email
Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Paul ***:  My question is...if I don't receive any communication from AXS and show up on the day of the event, and the event doesn't happen, what happens with my ticket?

Sheronda:  The reason you did not get communication is because the event is still on.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Paul ***:  You haven't really answered my question.  You say "the event is still on," but the band has publicly announced that it is not on.  I asked what will happen if I show up for this event that you say "is still on" but the band does not perform.  You haven't answered that question.

Sheronda:  Paul,  If the event cancels you will receive a notice.  This event is still playing.
Thank you for contacting AXS. My name is Sheronda . If you have any more issues, don't hesitate to let us know.

Oy....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: October 21, 2021, 11:25:49 AM »
They are just reading from a script, it's quite clear communication is not very good between the band/promoters/fans. I wouldn't blame the AXS person who is just going off the info they have.

Offline Kram

« Reply #163 on: October 21, 2021, 01:08:02 PM »
Good Lord pg1067.  I wonder how many people will actually show up for the show?  Somebody is dropping the ball big-time!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: October 21, 2021, 01:19:08 PM »
Good Lord pg1067.  I wonder how many people will actually show up for the show?  Somebody is dropping the ball big-time!

I hope no one is traveling a good distance for this and has flights and hotels booked. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2021, 01:36:13 PM »
My my ma my Sheronda..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2021, 01:52:08 PM »

It may be the promoters are trying to make arrangements and trying to get these things settled with the venue. Could explain why no information is known as they don't have a final decision on the matter yet.

That's what I'm thinking since my venue just sent their press release as the explanation.

Which makes me now think the venues are upset for them cancelling on such short notice.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2021, 02:05:43 PM »
Sweet baby, Jebus.  This is going to be an interesting Saturday, 10/30, for me.  Watch a hockey game and then walk to Microsoft Theater next door and see that the concert is deemed cancelled at the "last minute," and could see a bunch of pissed off fans in LA Live and parking near the venue is either very far or very expensive so that could get people really going.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2021, 02:16:48 PM »
OOC I checked the LA show, and as others stated, you can still buy tickets.... but wow that venue is only like 1/4 sold.  It looks pretty big for DT to be playing.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2021, 03:16:37 PM »
OOC I checked the LA show, and as others stated, you can still buy tickets.... but wow that venue is only like 1/4 sold.  It looks pretty big for DT to be playing.

It's a 7,100 seat venue, and they've played there before (when it was the Nokia Theater) on the ADTOE tour.  I recall it being mostly full, but I wasn't exactly looking.

Hmmm...I just went to the AXS website and searched for DT, and this came up:  https://www.axs.com/events/409559/dream-theater-tickets -- rescheduled to February 5.  And the ticket is updated in my AXS app.  No communication, but there we go.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2021, 03:20:31 PM »

It's a 7,100 seat venue, and they've played there before (when it was the Nokia Theater) on the ADTOE tour.  I recall it being mostly full, but I wasn't exactly looking.

Hmmm...I just went to the AXS website and searched for DT, and this came up:  https://www.axs.com/events/409559/dream-theater-tickets -- rescheduled to February 5.  And the ticket is updated in my AXS app.  No communication, but there we go.

For the ADTOE tour, they played my local amphitheater.... 17,500 capacity.  As you can expect, it was not sold well for the venue.  But I think there was a lot of interest in that tour with MM and a good reception from ADTOE. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2021, 04:13:32 PM »

For the ADTOE tour, they played my local amphitheater.... 17,500 capacity.  As you can expect, it was not sold well for the venue.  But I think there was a lot of interest in that tour with MM and a good reception from ADTOE.

Other than when they opened for Maiden, the biggest venue where I've seen DT was the Microsoft/Nokia Theatre.  I also saw them thrice at a 6,200 seat venue (Gibson Amph) and once at a 5,900 seat venue (Greek Theatre on Prog Nation 2009).

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2021, 04:41:35 PM »
Well....Well....

I just received an Email from the Mesa Arts Center that the new Dream Theater tour date is...

2/2/2022... :omg:

Now I find that synchronicity hilarious.

Edit: It'll also be my 2nd year of being Alcohol Free...and right before their release date of 10/22... :lol :lol

I am definitely not going to miss this show.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 04:46:37 PM by Ben_Jamin »

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2021, 04:48:21 PM »
I can also confirm that my account on AXS has been updated where the ticket says 02/05/22.  There we go.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2021, 04:49:25 PM »
I can also confirm that my account on AXS has been updated where the ticket says 02/05/22.  There we go.

Patience works wonders... :biggrin: