Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 45749 times)

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DT tour delayed !!!!
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2021, 07:04:49 AM »
Sales were awful here. I posted a screenshot of the venue's available seats a few weeks ago.

The real question is were the sales based on covid fears or lack of Ovaltine consumption? Also, Consider the fact that Temple Balls are fully vaccinated and hung like pack mules.

Temple Of The Ovaltine!!
Since the pills are round, shouldn't it be called "Roundtine" ?    🤪

You think you can give me a hand with my material?! 
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2021, 07:47:54 AM »
So, are we ever gonna get the new dates?

Or some sort of communication?  I don't think I have even gotten an email that my date (Red Bank) was postponed.  Anyone else who's got tickets to Red Bank get any communication?  Maybe I just missed it.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2021, 09:51:13 AM »

Or some sort of communication?  I don't think I have even gotten an email that my date (Red Bank) was postponed.  Anyone else who's got tickets to Red Bank get any communication?  Maybe I just missed it.

I still haven't gotten anything about the Los Angeles show.

Honestly, if I weren't here or on Facebook, I wouldn't know about the postponement.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2021, 05:12:16 PM »

Nope. haven't heard a thing. >:( :censored

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2021, 02:58:56 PM »
So glad I didn't buy tickets, I had a feeling this was inevitable.

That was my reason for holding off on tickets.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2021, 04:30:50 PM »
I just think we need to be patient. I'm not ever worried about it. Whether they announce the new shows or not, they're still ages away from happening.

I feel like they'd want this settled by the release date of the album, no?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2021, 05:22:02 PM »
I just think we need to be patient. I'm not ever worried about it. Whether they announce the new shows or not, they're still ages away from happening.

I feel like they'd want this settled by the release date of the album, no?

I don’t think anyone knows anything at this point, how could we?. The safe bet would be Spring at the soonest. These unsure times flat out SUCK! Just grateful to have new music still coming out.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2021, 05:39:34 PM »
Just grateful to have new music still coming out.

I love new music. Especially Dream Theater new music.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2021, 09:44:36 PM »
Oakland was officially postponed yesterday.

The Event Organizer is still trying to reschedule your event; if they do, your tickets will remain good for the rescheduled date.

Hang on to your tickets — we'll email you as soon as the status of your event changes or the new date is announced.

Please Note: Your Event Organizer is not allowing refunds at this time. Event Organizers are constantly assessing the situation and making determinations regarding refunds.

Online geeeemo

« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2021, 10:00:24 PM »
Oakland was officially postponed yesterday.

The Event Organizer is still trying to reschedule your event; if they do, your tickets will remain good for the rescheduled date.

Hang on to your tickets — we'll email you as soon as the status of your event changes or the new date is announced.

Please Note: Your Event Organizer is not allowing refunds at this time. Event Organizers are constantly assessing the situation and making determinations regarding refunds.
I really hope this one is rescheduled. I have center front row...

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2021, 11:51:45 PM »
Hey Bosk...

Since the tour is delayed, do you happen to have any information on if JP had a setlist idea in mind already set for the tour?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2021, 12:43:20 PM »

I still haven't gotten anything about the Los Angeles show.

Honestly, if I weren't here or on Facebook, I wouldn't know about the postponement.

Yep, still have nothing on the LA show.  The ticket section of my account on AXS says it's still stated to go on 10/30.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2021, 12:46:48 PM »
Hey Bosk...

Since the tour is delayed, do you happen to have any information on if JP had a setlist idea in mind already set for the tour?

I would venture to guess pretty confidently that JP had a setlist idea in mind already.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2021, 01:08:06 PM »
Hey Bosk...

I am very confident that they will have had the set list firmed up a few months ago.  As far as what it is, I have no idea.  I haven't asked. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online geeeemo

« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2021, 01:36:54 PM »
Hey Bosk...

I am very confident that they will have had the set list firmed up a few months ago.  As far as what it is, I have no idea.  I haven't asked.

And would you have any indication if the new tour dates are coming soon?

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2021, 03:44:23 AM »
Hey Bosk...

And would you have any indication if the new tour dates are coming soon?
He doesn't know, he was just responding so he won't get fined.. 😁🏈
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline cosmicwxdude

« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2021, 04:27:24 PM »
Just as cases are falling like a rock most areas...bummer. Gotta move on folks. It's with us. There are more dangerous things in life than covid that we encounter every day. Look at the football stadiums. It is what it is...cannot live in fear forever. I don't.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2021, 05:53:14 PM »
Just as cases are falling like a rock most areas...bummer. Gotta move on folks. It's with us. There are more dangerous things in life than covid that we encounter every day. Look at the football stadiums. It is what it is...cannot live in fear forever. I don't.

I agree with you 100%. I’m glad you had the guts to post it!!!!!

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2021, 05:55:16 PM »

I also 100% agree. Good for you for saying this.

Offline TheBarstoolWarrior

• PR permission
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2021, 06:39:45 PM »
crazy thought but is it possible some of the band members or crew arent vaccinated?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2021, 06:40:32 PM »
Sure, it's possible.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2021, 06:52:02 AM »
crazy thought but is it possible some of the band members or crew arent vaccinated?

I believe that at least Petrucci and Myung are not vaxxed. I'd be shocked if they are, especially Petrucci. My guess is they aren't and don't wanna deal with negative test BS for every show.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2021, 07:19:47 AM »

I believe that at least Petrucci and Myung are not vaxxed. I'd be shocked if they are, especially Petrucci. My guess is they aren't and don't wanna deal with negative test BS for every show.

What makes you think that? just curious.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online geeeemo

« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2021, 08:56:00 AM »

What makes you think that? just curious.

Yes. Where is evidence of this?

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2021, 09:50:50 AM »
I am not going that far into speculating.

I actually think JP is just completely bummed because that momentum and desire to want to play the new album to people has been stopped. It reminds me of that momentum when MP decided he wanted to take a break from the band, and JP likely felt upset as MP asked just as their wheels were turning at a good pace. The majority of the band agreed with JP, and MP had to either stay or go, the decision was his and he chose to leave.

I see this postponement as the same feeling. Only, this time, the majority of the band disagreed with JP's feelings and thoughts.

I think it's nothing more and nothing less. JP is likely still in his fresh wounds from the disappointment in the decision. So, that emotion would still be more vulnerable to being expressed, as he does sound extremely disappointed based on his tone in that interview.

I am also extremely disappointed. But am looking at bright side for me because I won't have to rush listening through the  album, mainly the epic, to fully enjoy them Live.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2021, 10:29:28 AM »
Just got the postponement email (finally) from Red bank show. If JP wants to tour, just get JM & call up MP and go out and do some shows for Terminal Velocity! LETS GO!!!!!! :metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2021, 10:33:13 AM »
Just got the postponement email (finally) from Red bank show. If JP wants to tour, just get JM & call up MP and go out and do some shows for Terminal Velocity! LETS GO!!!!!! :metal

Yeah, this is what I have mentioned as well. I'd be all over that.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2021, 10:45:21 AM »

This doesn't make any sense. I actually agree in part, I'd bet on JP being unvaxxed, but he's the one that wants to tour. As he said, he was voted down, and he's the one that'd endure the "bullshit."
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2021, 10:48:04 AM »

Just got my red bank email as well, interesting that the refund option seems to already be available and open until November 19th even though they don't have the new dates yet.  If I had a crap seat, I may go for the refund and the purchase again on the new annoucnement (just in case I can't make it) but since I have front row, I don't want to give it up.  I just hope it's not a rare chance the new date doesn't work out for me.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2021, 10:50:42 AM »

This doesn't make any sense. I actually agree in part, I'd bet on JP being unvaxxed, but he's the one that wants to tour. As he said, he was voted down, and he's the one that'd endure the "bullshit."

Has JP spoken out against the vaccine or something? Where does this assumption come from?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2021, 11:09:00 AM »

Has JP spoken out against the vaccine or something? Where does this assumption come from?

It appears JP leans right and I am guessing people are assuming that means he's unvaxxed?  I'm not sure, but if he's pushing to tour then it seems likely he is vaxxed, but it's possible he isn't.  I'd imagine not being vaxxed makes touring much more difficult and questionable though. Unless maybe that is the reason why the other members don't want to tour... because a member is unvaxxed and means the tour is more likely to get put to a halt from an infection?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2021, 11:16:06 AM »

It appears JP leans right and I am guessing people are assuming that means he's unvaxxed?  I'm not sure, but if he's pushing to tour then it seems likely he is vaxxed, but it's possible he isn't.  I'd imagine not being vaxxed makes touring much more difficult and questionable though. Unless maybe that is the reason why the other members don't want to tour... because a member is unvaxxed and means the tour is more likely to get put to a halt from an infection?
Yeah, it's strictly prejudice on my part. The dude's done a few things that have caused me to not like him, and in conjunction with what we've gleaned from him re his politics, he just strikes me as an anti-vax, "personal responsibility" kind of guy. If I had to guess that's the way I'd go, but it is just a guess.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Kram

« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2021, 11:32:50 AM »

Was about to say the same thing.  Who knows if he's vaxxed or not - but he's the one who really wanted to tour - so that argument makes no sense.

Offline Kram

« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2021, 11:40:05 AM »
I just received an email from Ticketmaster, regarding the San Diego show, saying they received the funds from the "Event Organizer" and have refunded my order.  Says I should see the funds in 7-10 business days.  So I guess the San Diego show is just cancelled.  I'm hoping they reschedule it for another venue.  I'm now starting to wonder if the tour will take place at all now in Feb/Mar - maybe that's why they haven't announced any new dates - maybe the band is still at odds about whether to tour in the spring or not..

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2021, 11:42:08 AM »
I just received an email from Ticketmaster, regarding the San Diego show, saying they received the funds from the "Event Organizer" and have refunded my order.  Says I should see the funds in 7-10 business days.  So I guess the San Diego show is just cancelled.  I'm hoping they reschedule it for another venue.  I'm now starting to wonder if the tour will take place at all now in Feb/Mar - maybe that's why they haven't announced any new dates - maybe the band is still at odds about whether to tour in the spring or not..

I wonder if the gave some of the promoters the option to opt out of the tour. Maybe the San Diego promoter did just that.