Author Topic: DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started  (Read 45593 times)

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
DT tour delayed ...scratch that ...it's started
« on: September 27, 2021, 12:07:02 PM »
As a DT Staff member, I was just contacted, and told that the tour has been pushed back until February/March.

My wife and I were heading to DC next weekend to reserve a place for an 'unofficial' gathering for their November show at The Warriner Theater.

Frick!

EDIT:  I see the post below, and the linked thread.  Thank you.  I posted this because I didn't see that, as it was 'buried' in another.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 04:56:14 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online hunnus2000

Re: DT tour delayed !!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 12:17:39 PM »
OK - this needs to be official but I won't be surprised if this is the case.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 12:21:15 PM »
Oh that would make me so happy.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 12:25:38 PM »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline emtee

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 01:23:54 PM »
It's the prudent thing to do. However, at some point in the future, bands have to start generating revenue.

Offline Kram

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 01:36:18 PM »
I'm bummed but understand this decision.  I just don't see how Feb will be any better than Oct/Nov.  Hopefully I'm wrong and it doesn't get postponed again.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 02:02:05 PM »
Sign of the times.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline LKap13

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 02:03:15 PM »
That's too bad  :-[ :-[

Offline DanLore

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 02:11:29 PM »
So long as they don't reschedule the Red Bank, NJ date for April 7th, I'm good with this.

DanLore

Offline LKap13

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2021, 02:15:13 PM »
Sign of the times.

You mean that everything has gone to shit? Agree

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2021, 02:17:21 PM »
Sucks, but at least I can digest the album more and can learn the lyrics and sing along at the show, rather than only listening to the album for a week until the show.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2021, 02:40:22 PM »
So glad I didn't buy tickets, I had a feeling this was inevitable.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2021, 03:03:49 PM »
Bummer, I was hoping they'd pull it off. I saw Incubus in Raleigh a few weeks ago and they were doing mandatory vaccine card or negative covid proof for entry.

I got a really amazing seat for this show so I'm going to hold out hope that when the reschedule it I can still make it.

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2021, 03:08:37 PM »
Im just gonna say my piece then drop it because I知 pissed...

4 Tickets to venue in Brooklyn bought... 4th row dead center.... well over 400 bucks
Airline tickets and parking for a week at DFW since I知 staying up there with my daughter which will or would be her first DT show...another 150 bucks...
A hotel room for one night near DFW because I知 driving from Oklahoma to DFW for my flights coming and going..another 75 bucks...

DREAM THEATER...NOTHING IS CHANGING IN 3+months... venues are open..tours are happening now
Stadiums and arenas are open...WHY ANNOUNCE A TOUR AT ALL THEN CANCEL IN BARELY OVER A MONTH LATER..

THERE HAS TO BE MORE TO THIS..LOW TICKET SALES IS MY GUESS..

ANYWAY..I HAVE VENTED..WILL PROBABLY GO THRU ALL THIS SHIT AGAIN IN  FEB OR MARCH

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2021, 04:16:40 PM »
I'm bummed but understand this decision.  I just don't see how Feb will be any better than Oct/Nov.  Hopefully I'm wrong and it doesn't get postponed again.

I agree. Might was well wait until 2023.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2021, 04:21:41 PM »
My only question is what happens if the rescheduled date is something I can't make?  If I don't get a no questions asked 100% refund (including all fees), I'm gonna be PISSED.

PG asked this in the other thread. I just got an email saying the refund window will open once the new dates are announced or in 60 days if no new dates are scheduled.

Please note that at this time, while the Event Organizer is working to try and reschedule your event, they are not currently allowing refunds; however, refunds will be made available in the future. Future refund options are as follows:
If 60 days have passed since a show was postponed and no rescheduled dates have been announced, the 30-day window for refunds will open at that time. You will be able to request a refund via your Live Nation Account.
If, during this 60-day postponement window, your event is rescheduled, a 30-day window for refunds will also be made available.
If the event is canceled (at any time), refunds (as well as a possible credit option) will be available.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline pg1067

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2021, 04:50:11 PM »
My only question is what happens if the rescheduled date is something I can't make?  If I don't get a no questions asked 100% refund (including all fees), I'm gonna be PISSED.

PG asked this in the other thread. I just got an email saying the refund window will open once the new dates are announced or in 60 days if no new dates are scheduled.

Please note that at this time, while the Event Organizer is working to try and reschedule your event, they are not currently allowing refunds; however, refunds will be made available in the future. Future refund options are as follows:
If 60 days have passed since a show was postponed and no rescheduled dates have been announced, the 30-day window for refunds will open at that time. You will be able to request a refund via your Live Nation Account.
If, during this 60-day postponement window, your event is rescheduled, a 30-day window for refunds will also be made available.
If the event is canceled (at any time), refunds (as well as a possible credit option) will be available.

I got my tickets for the LA show through AXS, so I haven't gotten any email yet.  I'm fine waiting.  I just want the same seat at the same venue (or a comparable Orange County venue, which they probably should have done in the first place) on the same day of the weak.  I guess I'll wait and see (although I'm probably still in the window to file a dispute with my credit card, but I'm not gonna do that).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2021, 04:50:33 PM »
Do they really expect things to be different in February?
I'm really pissed/bummed. Mostly bummed.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2021, 05:57:03 PM »
Bummer, but this can't be surprising.  I have to think that buying tickets for any concert any time soon should be a "buyer beware" situation.

Online Skeever

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2021, 06:02:41 PM »
Wow, glad I checked. I haven稚 gotten any kind of official email from anyone which is pretty disappointing. I guess in some small way I知 relieved though because I was really starting to get worried about how it would work out.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2021, 06:22:46 PM »
I got my tickets for the LA show through AXS, so I haven't gotten any email yet.  I'm fine waiting.  I just want the same seat at the same venue (or a comparable Orange County venue, which they probably should have done in the first place) on the same day of the weak.  I guess I'll wait and see (although I'm probably still in the window to file a dispute with my credit card, but I'm not gonna do that).

Sadly, there is no comparable venue in the OC the size of Microsoft Theater.  However, they have played City National Grove of Anaheim a few times.  Holds about 1,700 people.  Although, I hear in the future, years from now, there's going to be a expansion of buildings next to the Honda Center (basically a LA Live area in the area near the Honda Center and Angels Stadium) that's going to include a 6,000 seat capacity theater.  That's a long while from now though.

Offline TheBarstoolWarrior

• PR permission
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2021, 07:52:38 PM »
purely selfish on my part, but I am hoping that this makes it easier for me to see them next year...the date they had in my city was awful for me, so I wasn't planning on going.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2021, 08:44:42 PM »
purely selfish on my part, but I am hoping that this makes it easier for me to see them next year...the date they had in my city was awful for me, so I wasn't planning on going.

Kind of same here, because the Ottawa show was already cancelled previously, so hopefully this means they xan make it in Feb/March.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2021, 05:52:19 AM »
Fingers crossed Arch Echo can't do the new dates and we get an evening with DT.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2021, 06:27:16 AM »
So glad I didn't buy tickets, I had a feeling this was inevitable.
Same here.  I had a discussion with my kids about it, since they always accompany me to DT shows, and we all felt the same way.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2021, 08:14:12 AM »
Im just gonna say my piece then drop it because I知 pissed...

4 Tickets to venue in Brooklyn bought... 4th row dead center.... well over 400 bucks
Airline tickets and parking for a week at DFW since I知 staying up there with my daughter which will or would be her first DT show...another 150 bucks...
A hotel room for one night near DFW because I知 driving from Oklahoma to DFW for my flights coming and going..another 75 bucks...

DREAM THEATER...NOTHING IS CHANGING IN 3+months... venues are open..tours are happening now
Stadiums and arenas are open...WHY ANNOUNCE A TOUR AT ALL THEN CANCEL IN BARELY OVER A MONTH LATER..

THERE HAS TO BE MORE TO THIS..LOW TICKET SALES IS MY GUESS..

ANYWAY..I HAVE VENTED..WILL PROBABLY GO THRU ALL THIS SHIT AGAIN IN  FEB OR MARCH
I hear ya man!   I don't see anything changing by February and it will probably get postponed again.  I bet you're right about ticket sales too. Many people are reluctant to by tickets out of fear of the virus, plus DTs new album has had very little time to be promoted.   If bands keep waiting and waiting, they will never get back to playing live. The situation in the world is not going to change anytime soon. 
I'm sure it's a combination of the band concerned for public safety, but also lack of ticket sales play a big role in this decision.
It's funny how Styx and REO Speedwagon just came through my area and played a sold out show. Everything went fine..  :chill
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online kaos2900

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2021, 08:23:52 AM »
I think these "smaller" bands have more financial risk than the more popular pop groups.

They should just do a virtual show and charge money. I'd buy it. There are ways to generate money.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2021, 08:37:39 AM »
It's funny how Styx and REO Speedwagon just came through my area and played a sold out show. Everything went fine..  :chill

I've seen 20 concerts since June when things opened back up.  While there's no doubt covid is still around and giving some tours issues with postponements or cancellations when positive cases pop up, for the most part, the shows are happening and people aren't getting sick in large numbers or anything especially because all the indoor shows require proof of vaccination or negative test. 

The press release specifically states "varying local mandates" which makes me think this is the reason, not covid/illness in general.  This could mean a few things, maybe the band is uncomfortable playing in states where there is no requirement to show proof of vaccination.  Or maybe the band doesn't want to play shows where it is required.  Maybe a member or members of the band are not vaccinated themselves.  Some bands have mentioned both ends of the spectrum for reasons not to perform.  I'd imagine DT doesn't want to let any more details out to potentially divide their fan base.

Online geeeemo

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2021, 08:58:13 AM »
I also wonder if the supply chain problems have anything to do with it. Our business is increasingly having disruptions in getting products. From the top of the chain all the way down to shipping and delivery. There is no guarantee anymore by FedEx or UPS, even with the Next day air shipments. We have products that get lost all the time. And our suppliers keep pushing out available dates further and further back. Do they have merch to sell? I don't know if it is a thing, I saw Styx and and Megadeth and they had merch. But DT doesn't seem like it has much now if you go to their store, so maybe they don't keep as much stock as other bands.
Just some thoughts on that.

I am not mad, even though I had tickets for 3 shows, all of which were out of town. One thing about this covid era, is there lots of varied takes. I understand this and am going to make the best of whatever. Trying not to judge to harshly one way or the other. That would separate me from people, and that would be the biggest bummer.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2021, 09:29:25 AM »
I am not mad, even though I had tickets for 3 shows, all of which were out of town. One thing about this covid era, is there lots of varied takes. I understand this and am going to make the best of whatever. Trying not to judge to harshly one way or the other. That would separate me from people, and that would be the biggest bummer.

Exactly.  I can guarantee that nobody in the band's organization is happy about the decision to postpone.  It sucks that there is a delay, and that there are lots of inconveniences this will cause for a lot of people.  But it is what it is.  I'm not going to criticize a band that so clearly cares about their fanbase.  They think this is the best decision, all things considered, so I will respect that. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2021, 09:42:16 AM »
I just read this and wonder if maybe there actually is hope that things are better come February

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-fda-chief-predicts-delta-142409469.html

Gottlieb's predictions are in line with a new model of the virus' spread from a group of North American university researchers. Their model predicts that the number of new cases per day will steadily drop from 117,000, the current average, to just 9,000 per day by March 2022.

Side note:
I'm keeping my ticket since it's a front row seat in Red Bank

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2021, 09:52:12 AM »

Nah. Arch Echo is just that good and deserve more exposure. They're one of the few modern instrumental bands that has a stern focus on melody. And not just groove, rhythm, odd time, and odd structures.

It's a bit odd for me to explain, but I hear that same focus on melody and tone in their guitar sounds as I do with JP's guitar tone. The one song that highlights this for me from Arch Echo is "Measure of A Life".

For some reason, that song has the same impact as the intro to TCOT and it's ending Acoustic Guitar chords. And the solo in ITPoE. PT.1...Almost forgot about the intro solo in The Alien.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2021, 10:04:19 AM »

I've seen 20 concerts since June when things opened back up.  While there's no doubt covid is still around and giving some tours issues with postponements or cancellations when positive cases pop up, for the most part, the shows are happening and people aren't getting sick in large numbers or anything especially because all the indoor shows require proof of vaccination or negative test. 

The press release specifically states "varying local mandates" which makes me think this is the reason, not covid/illness in general.  This could mean a few things, maybe the band is uncomfortable playing in states where there is no requirement to show proof of vaccination.  Or maybe the band doesn't want to play shows where it is required.  Maybe a member or members of the band are not vaccinated themselves.  Some bands have mentioned both ends of the spectrum for reasons not to perform.  I'd imagine DT doesn't want to let any more details out to potentially divide their fan base.

You know how people are mentioning low ticket sales. It's not just because people are worried about Covid. Could also be tickets are not selling well because of the vaccine mandates for the venues and it just so happens these two issues combined generated unacceptabley low ticket sales.

Exactly.  I can guarantee that nobody in the band's organization is happy about the decision to postpone.  It sucks that there is a delay, and that there are lots of inconveniences this will cause for a lot of people.  But it is what it is.  I'm not going to criticize a band that so clearly cares about their fanbase.  They think this is the best decision, all things considered, so I will respect that. 

Looking on the bright side. It gives me more time to digest and listen to the album. I was attending the first show in Mesa AZ. Which does not have a mask mandate or vaccine mandate either. I looked specifically if they were doing that or requiring a negative test, and all they asked is to kindly mask up.

Now, I am bit bummed out that this might not be the first show of the tour anymore.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2021, 10:17:22 AM »
Even if Archo Echo can't do the new dates, I'd be totally cool if they still brought a worthy opener.  I know a lot of DT fans might not like that, but I think it's great for the band and the genre to have bands tour together to bring in new fans.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2021, 10:21:49 AM »

Nah. Arch Echo is just that good and deserve more exposure. They're one of the few modern instrumental bands that has a stern focus on melody. And not just groove, rhythm, odd time, and odd structures.

It's a bit odd for me to explain, but I hear that same focus on melody and tone in their guitar sounds as I do with JP's guitar tone. The one song that highlights this for me from Arch Echo is "Measure of A Life".

For some reason, that song has the same impact as the intro to TCOT and it's ending Acoustic Guitar chords. And the solo in ITPoE. PT.1...Almost forgot about the intro solo in The Alien.

Same here. Love AE.

Don't think they will bail out of the DT support act. a) it's a MASSIVE opportunity for them and b) all of the Arch Echo members are posting about the tour postponement and "see you in Feb" messages.