Author Topic: Invisible Monster Thread ! ALL SPOILERS !  (Read 33975 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Invisible Monster Thread ! ALL SPOILERS !
« Reply #560 on: October 07, 2021, 06:30:47 PM »
I'd be up for 7 singles, honestly.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheBarstoolWarrior

• PR permission
« Reply #561 on: October 07, 2021, 06:46:21 PM »

the wait is killing me lol. I cant say I was very satisfied by the singles, but I am thinking the rest of the album will blow them away.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #562 on: October 07, 2021, 06:50:52 PM »

the wait is killing me lol. I cant say I was very satisfied by the singles, but I am thinking the rest of the album will blow them away.

Here’s a silver lining for you. When the album comes out it will be completely brand new to you. To those who have heard it and digested the music already have nothing to look forward to. Does that help at all? I wish I can unhear it now until the 22nd.

• PR permission
« Reply #563 on: October 07, 2021, 06:56:17 PM »

Here’s a silver lining for you. When the album comes out it will be completely brand new to you. To those who have heard it and digested the music already have nothing to look forward to. Does that help at all? I wish I can unhear it now until the 22nd.

That does help lol.

Also, I remember when DoT came out. I played the shit out of that album for months and months going to work, at the gym, walking down the street etc. I am hoping to have a similar experience starting in 2 weeks.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #564 on: October 07, 2021, 09:10:05 PM »
Why would anyone be opposed to a 3rd single? You always have the option NOT to listen to it... ???

Just give me the whole album, no more singles :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #565 on: October 10, 2021, 01:23:48 PM »
3 singles would be HALF the album.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #566 on: October 10, 2021, 02:08:49 PM »
I remember the band Mindflow released an entire album by releasing 1 song a month for a year. The album was called “365”.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #567 on: October 10, 2021, 03:08:58 PM »
I wish Metallica would release 1 song a month then put out the album in December 2022.

Of course - sooner than that would be great but I'm not expecting it.

Hardwired 2 Self Destruct. ;D

Offline Glasser

« Reply #568 on: October 10, 2021, 03:29:36 PM »
I wish Metallica would release 1 song a month then put out the album in December 2022.

I love all things Metallica! Been a fanboy since Kill ‘em All!

• PR permission
« Reply #569 on: October 10, 2021, 07:03:28 PM »
3 singles would be HALF the album.

If they released Transcending Time, they will have released only ~31% of the album runtime  ;D

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #570 on: October 16, 2021, 08:10:27 PM »
This song is getting better and better. I really dig the music video. It represents the song well and I enjoy seeing the band performing like this. It's better than the UA video where they are just in the studio.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #571 on: October 16, 2021, 08:13:16 PM »

:metal

I really dig the music video.

It's an excellent video.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Trav86

« Reply #572 on: October 17, 2021, 08:37:51 AM »
For what it’s worth, my four year-old son loves Invisible Monster. He requests to hear it and sings along to the chorus. So, that’s cool.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Obsidian Pancake

« Reply #573 on: October 17, 2021, 03:41:24 PM »

Love Metallica but haven't listened to anything since St. Anger. Checked out the Through the Never concert video just the other day. I know that's 8 years old now, but man they brought the energy! James is a monster.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #574 on: October 17, 2021, 04:28:10 PM »

Love Metallica but haven't listened to anything since St. Anger. Checked out the Through the Never concert video just the other day. I know that's 8 years old now, but man they brought the energy! James is a monster.

But not an invisible one, amirite? ;)

Offline Obsidian Pancake

« Reply #575 on: October 17, 2021, 08:22:23 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: With Dream Theater's tour suspended, James Hetfield and James Labrie have formed a thrash prog duo and will be performing "Some Kind of Invisible Monster" at a coffee shop near you.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #576 on: October 17, 2021, 08:32:21 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: With Dream Theater's tour suspended, James Hetfield and James Labrie have formed a thrash prog duo and will be performing "Some Kind of Invisible Monster" at a coffee shop near you.

I heard the single, it’s a mix of Goatwhore and Cinderella in style. Fucking kicks ass! Shits on new DT.

Offline AVFTTOTW

« Reply #577 on: October 22, 2021, 02:32:41 AM »
The very strange thing about Invisible Monster for me, is that analytically it is like OTBOA, The Enemy Inside and Untethered Angel all put in a blender.
Yet listening to the song itself I don't really get that impression, even though if I compared the instrumental parts between those songs and Invisible Monster I'd see it quite obvious, including in arrangements, rhythms and progressions and even themes (The Enemy Inside).

The atmosphere and aesthetic impressions it gives is completely different.

Aside from that I've seen the finale section of "One Last Time" pop up (or echo) both in this song and one of the songs off Distance Over Time (I'll have to look it up I can't remember off the top of my head).
La ilaha illa'llah, Muhammadun Rasoolullah
"Soon We shall show them Our signs in the horizons and in their own souls until it becomes clear to them that He is the Reality.
Is it not sufficient that your Lord is witness to  all things?" - Qur'an 41:53