Author Topic: The MAJESTY 8  (Read 7237 times)

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
Re: The MAJESTY 8
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2021, 11:54:59 PM »
I love the majesty and am in the process of buying one for my 40th anniversary (october :p), but this 8 looks like dali's clocks, some shapes going left, some shapes going right, a hideous bridge...
If I was into the 8 strings market I'd probably consider it because of specs tho.
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2021, 05:08:58 AM »
This thread is now about Stratocasters

#StratocasterMasterRace

I'll take this over any Les Paul!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2021, 07:13:59 AM »
Gross.

Telecasters on the other hand…..

To me, the Telecaster is the perfect guitar.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2021, 07:42:28 AM »
Going back to Majesty guitars for a second, I thought the NOMAC Majesty from a few years back was cool, for what it was representing. I saw a replica of the pickups one year at NAMM and almost bought them to install in an Ibanez guitar. I think those pick ups would look really cool on an all black guitar.

https://www.music-man.com/bfr/nomac

Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline TheBarstoolWarrior

• PR permission
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2021, 07:35:57 PM »
since we are on the topic of JP's guitars, I should mention that although the Majesty is the current weapon, the JP15 is a sick guitar. I have the one in sahara burst. I'm not sure if the other colors are this way, but the neck and body have a wax or oil on them-- as opposed to a coat of polyester-- which make them silky smooth. Your hands just glide over it with no resistance. It's also a much more traditional shape than the Majesty for those of us who can't get used to how it looks.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2021, 07:56:08 PM »
Going back to Majesty guitars for a second, I thought the NOMAC Majesty from a few years back was cool, for what it was representing. I saw a replica of the pickups one year at NAMM and almost bought them to install in an Ibanez guitar. I think those pick ups would look really cool on an all black guitar.

You can still get those pickups from DiMarzio. Sonic Ecstasy :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2021, 06:38:48 AM »

Wow I've never seen this guitar, pretty awesome.

I haven't played a majesty guitar in a very long time. My buddy decided that when he was going to get into playing guitar he bought a mystic dream majesty 7string. I didn't really like it because my hand kept hitting the volume and tone knobs but that was almost 2 decades ago now, I should pick one up and give it a go. I also need to ask if my buddy wants to sell that majesty that has been sitting under his bed for years :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2021, 07:31:38 AM »
since we are on the topic of JP's guitars, I should mention that although the Majesty is the current weapon, the JP15 is a sick guitar. I have the one in sahara burst. I'm not sure if the other colors are this way, but the neck and body have a wax or oil on them-- as opposed to a coat of polyester-- which make them silky smooth. Your hands just glide over it with no resistance. It's also a much more traditional shape than the Majesty for those of us who can't get used to how it looks.

Is that the one with the Floyd Rose bridge? When I used to work for Guitar Center, I was able to play all these guitars before they made it to the floor :biggrin: I seriously never played a bad JP guitar.

Oh yes, I know DiMarzio has them, I just haven't done so, but maybe it is time? I have an old Ibanez at home I've been wanting to customize (new hardware, new pickups, etc.), I should make that my next project :metal

I haven't played a majesty guitar in a very long time. My buddy decided that when he was going to get into playing guitar he bought a mystic dream majesty 7string. I didn't really like it because my hand kept hitting the volume and tone knobs but that was almost 2 decades ago now, I should pick one up and give it a go. I also need to ask if my buddy wants to sell that majesty that has been sitting under his bed for years :lol
That was a limited run guitar, they only made 21 and sold for $10K each, so yeah no worth it for my pocket  :angel:

if there is something I admire about JP and his guitars, is that every new model has something new to it to make it more comfortable to play, and/or improve the sound slightly. A JP guitar from the early 2000's is not the same as a JP guitar now. Go to a guitar shop and try one out, see if you still feel the same.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2021, 08:05:47 AM »

Are you sure it was a Majesty that you played?  If so, it couldn't have been almost two decades ago.  Those debuted at the beginning of the AFTR tour.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2021, 09:06:37 AM »
Yep, I love the sporty blue Majesty he used on BAI.   :coolio
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2021, 04:25:49 AM »
;D I'm also not into really ostentatious or ornate guitars. I wouldn't wanna play it incase I bash it.

My LP is quite dinged up now after 10 years but I did it all myself. But as long as I don't take a chunk out of that top i'm cool with it.

A Gibson LP in Silverburst is as 'ostentatious' as i'd ever go.

I'm looking forward to when all the lacquer wears off and you get that nice old matte Les Paul look. Plus the exposed black humbuckers = :tup

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2021, 05:50:41 AM »
I hear you. My main guitar, the one I've had the longest and have played most often and have used a lot for gigging, recording etc. is pretty beat up right now, but I still love it. It's my baby and all the damage done to it doesn't make it a 'worse' guitar at all. If anything, it's a sign that it's been used a lot; a guitar is an instrument, a tool to make music, after all. Tools should be worn in some way. That said, I do have one or two guitars I'm a lot more careful with as well.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2021, 05:53:51 AM »
Joe Bonamassa says what's the point in having a nice guitar if you're not going to play it ?

He doesn't see the point in buying a 1959 Les Paul and just keeping it in a glass box at home.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2021, 07:09:09 AM »

Are you sure it was a Majesty that you played?  If so, it couldn't have been almost two decades ago.  Those debuted at the beginning of the AFTR tour.

You're right, it was a John petrucci Music Man guitar, majesty models weren't out yet.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 06:40:56 PM by ReaperKK »

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: September 25, 2021, 05:25:21 PM »

An utter abomination :biggrin: Looks like it belongs in the kitchen.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)