Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 82850 times)

Offline pg1067

I was texting with a friend while watching the Calgary/Edmonton game.  I suggesting it was a throwback to the '80s or early '90s and reminded her that the scores of the '93 Smythe semis between the Kings and Flames were

6-3
4-9
2-5
3-1
9-4
9-6

THREE of six games where the winning team had NINE goals!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Anguyen92

Bolts winning two games already against Panthers away with the Panthers not providing much scoring.  That's a pretty huge sign of concern.  Have to steal at least two away in Tampa to get close to thinking about a 3rd round possibility.  Tough road ahead for them to do that.

Edit: Just saw the highlights now.  The winning goal was in the dying seconds of the 3rd???  That could be the nail for this series.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 08:05:42 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline faizoff

That was a crazy goal in the end by Tampa right in the dying end of the game. I think there were <5 secs left on the clock.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Yeah, that was highly demoralizing, even to a bandwagon Panthers fan.

Panthers absolutely need to win the next game or they are toast. No way anyone is coming back from 0-3 against the Lightning, I mean, this isn't the Sharks or Bruins we're talking about.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Nick.  That happened once to the B's. Come on now. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
He literally said..

I mean, this isn't the Sharks or Bruins we're talking about.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Fantastic win by the Blues. Outside of that extremely weak penalty call (touched MacKinnon) Colorado had nothing going. Blues controlled the whole game. Love it.

I just like that they didn’t roll over in the face of being outplayed in game one. Just proved to Colorado they’re going to have to earn this series if they want it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Fantastic win by the Blues. Outside of that extremely weak penalty call (touched MacKinnon) Colorado had nothing going. Blues controlled the whole game. Love it.

I just like that they didn’t roll over in the face of being outplayed in game one. Just proved to Colorado they’re going to have to earn this series if they want it.

Yep, if the Blues can keep up the play like last night, they can absolutely win this series.  As good as the Avs, they are not some unbeatable juggernaut, but don't tell that to Nathan McKinnon, who said after the game that they lost because no one on their team played well. :lol  Heaven forbid you actually admit that the other team simply outplayed you.  He's a jackass.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Yep, if the Blues can keep up the play like last night, they can absolutely win this series.  As good as the Avs, they are not some unbeatable juggernaut, but don't tell that to Nathan McKinnon, who said after the game that they lost because no one on their team played well. :lol  Heaven forbid you actually admit that the other team simply outplayed you.  He's a jackass.

I probably don't need to go digging too far back to find you (or Gary) lamenting how bad the Blues played in a loss.  Most times in situations like this, it's a little bit of both.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
True. The AVs could still rattle of three wins and that would be that. All last night did was show them that the Blues aren’t going to roll over.

But I do disagree with MacKinnon. The larger reason why they didn’t get it done last night was everything the Blues did to them, not them not playing well.

Game three should be fun.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I believe common sense dictates that fans not giving the opposing team credit by saying, "My team didn't play well," is not the same thing as a player saying it.  I mean, let's get serious.  :lol :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Bowness "stepping away"/not renewed as Stars' coach.

Oh and fuck Cam Neely. Bringing back Sweeney while publicly taking Cassidy's legs out from underneath him. What a trainwreck the Bruins management is.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Binnington knocked out of the game by Kadri.  Technically a clean hockey play, but that guy never gets the benefit of the doubt.

I never root for injuries, but if a Blue puts him face first into the boards and knocks out some of his teeth, I probably won't feel bad for him.  :censored :censored

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Binnington knocked out of the game by Kadri.  Technically a clean hockey play, but that guy never gets the benefit of the doubt.

I never root for injuries, but if a Blue puts him face first into the boards and knocks out some of his teeth, I probably won't feel bad for him.  :censored :censored

Finally got to see that play. Yeah….that was a well executed old school do nothing to try and stop because the other teams D touched you. Dirty ass play by a dirty ass player.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I guess Husso figures he is gonna get his money in the offseason, because he looked like ass tonight.  Head totally up his ass on that 4th goal.  Amazing what a difference a few weeks can make, as they now look dead in the water without Binnington.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I guess Husso figures he is gonna get his money in the offseason, because he looked like ass tonight.  Head totally up his ass on that 4th goal.  Amazing what a difference a few weeks can make, as they now look dead in the water without Binnington.

Was able to catch the last few minutes…..I think that was more on the bench than anything…..maybe some of him. Bottom line, from what I heard on the radio call and saw it sounds like once Binnington went out the Blues were discombobulated a bit.

Just gotta win the next game and make it a best of three. Kadri’s a POS though…..100% intention to injur on that play.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Agree 100% on Kadri. I would love to see him pushed out of the league

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

???  He was half way to the bench when the play broke out of the Avs zone.  He was in a no win situation.  If he turns and skates back to the net, they simply shoot it past him.  He tried to skate backwards to get in the play, but ... well, goalies can barely skate forwards.

re: Kadri... agreed wholly.  That was an "accidentally on purpose" crash in to Binnington.  SportsNet coverage even pulled Pronger out of the crowd to relive another Blues goalie get crashed in to in the playoffs.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Sounds like Binnington is likely out for a few weeks, so congrats to the Avs.  Unless we get a miraculous turnaround from Husso, who has allowed 13 goals in his last three playoff games, it's over.  Sucks to see the season end like this, but it is what it is.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

???  He was half way to the bench when the play broke out of the Avs zone.  He was in a no win situation.  If he turns and skates back to the net, they simply shoot it past him.  He tried to skate backwards to get in the play, but ... well, goalies can barely skate forwards.

re: Kadri... agreed wholly.  That was an "accidentally on purpose" crash in to Binnington.  SportsNet coverage even pulled Pronger out of the crowd to relive another Blues goalie get crashed in to in the playoffs.

Two years in a row he’s injured one of our players. Just a cheap shot artist who needs to suffer a career ending injury.

I was surprised and elated to see Binnington find that top tier form again……dude was playing great. It is no coincidence at all that Kadri did what he did.  It’s utter crap and I sincerely hope karma deals him the worst possible outcome.

Online Anguyen92

So I read that the Avs' Samuel Girard was also been taken out of the game.  I didn't see the hit, but I thought I want to bring this out there.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
So I read that the Avs' Samuel Girard was also been taken out of the game.  I didn't see the hit, but I thought I want to bring this out there.

It was a legit 100% clean hit.  I don't mean to victim blame here, but only bad things often happen when a player leans or bends over a bit when there's an oncoming hit.  I paused it right as his face hit the ledge - I'm surprised he didn't have facial injuries.

Just an unfortunate outcome to a very solid - and clean - hit.

Kadri on the other hand... knew exactly what he was doing.  I don't think he meant to injure Binnington, but he sure as shit meant to collide with him.

Offline crazy climber dude

Two years in a row he’s injured one of our players. Just a cheap shot artist who needs to suffer a career ending injury.

I was surprised and elated to see Binnington find that top tier form again……dude was playing great. It is no coincidence at all that Kadri did what he did.  It’s utter crap and I sincerely hope karma deals him the worst possible outcome.
What a load of crap. Kadri is very aware of what he did last year.... and how it costs his own team. So he has been playing very cleanly. Most of the analysts I've heard make any comments about the collision was that it's part of hockey (including the guy on NHL Tonight...who picked St. Louis to come out of the West). Even the BLUES RADIO ANNOUNCERS said it wasn't intentional, for chrissakes. Puck was in the clear and he went for it. Both Rosen and he collided with Binnington.

You can't blame Kadri for that play just because of his past....guys crash the net and collide with goaltenders all the time. Sometimes it's deliberate, sometimes it's incidental. He wasn't even called for a penalty, was he? 

I think what's most interesting is that the game was won by the Avs playing a more gritty type of game. Kind of chaotic, sloppy play. Only a couple of power plays. Hardly the "breathe on MacKinnon and he gets a whistle" type affair you were suggesting was going to happen.

It's unfortunate Binnington was hurt....obviously he was playing like he was during the Cup run in 2019....and making a big difference in the series so far. That being stated, we don't know unequivocally if he wins that game if not hurt. Just because he had a 1-0 lead does not mean the Avs still don't score goals the rest of the game.....just like Game 1.

You and other guys in this thread may want to wear some BLUE(S) BLOCKER sunglasses  :coolio for the rest of the series, and at least TRY to look at things more objectively. In the meantime you can hope that Husso regains the form he had most of the season, and not give up. Using Binnington as an excuse at this point is not what good hockey fans do. If Kuemper gets knocked out, I will say GO PAVEL and suck it up! 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I agree that the Kadri play was an "accidentally on purpose"-type situation.  Plus, when Binnington swiped at him with his stick earlier in the season, Kadri laughed and motioned his stick at him like, "I will get ya." And he did last night. 

But, heaven knows, that true objective analysis on this is going to come from an Avs fan.  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I mean…..we can argue about this all day. I can post clips and images that clearly show Kadri not only wasn’t bumped or influenced by our D but that he had no intention of stopping and used our D and an excuse to bowl over Binnington. To suggest that he didn’t or that he somehow has changed his game is intellectually dishonest. A zebra can’t change his stripes…..Kadri is and will always be a dirty player who seeks those instances like last night to satisfy the asshole itch in his spirit.

Bottom line is the Blues can use it to rally around Husso…..who has played great this season and try to eliminate a ‘better’ team or they can use it as an excuse to be beat. I’m pretty sure Berube isn’t going to allow them to use it as an excuse so I’m looking forward to the rest of the series.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Well that certainly went better than the last two games.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

What a load of crap. Kadri is very aware of what he did last year.... and how it costs his own team. So he has been playing very cleanly. Most of the analysts I've heard make any comments about the collision was that it's part of hockey (including the guy on NHL Tonight...who picked St. Louis to come out of the West). Even the BLUES RADIO ANNOUNCERS said it wasn't intentional, for chrissakes. Puck was in the clear and he went for it. Both Rosen and he collided with Binnington.

You can't blame Kadri for that play just because of his past....guys crash the net and collide with goaltenders all the time. Sometimes it's deliberate, sometimes it's incidental. He wasn't even called for a penalty, was he? 

I think what's most interesting is that the game was won by the Avs playing a more gritty type of game. Kind of chaotic, sloppy play. Only a couple of power plays. Hardly the "breathe on MacKinnon and he gets a whistle" type affair you were suggesting was going to happen.

It's unfortunate Binnington was hurt....obviously he was playing like he was during the Cup run in 2019....and making a big difference in the series so far. That being stated, we don't know unequivocally if he wins that game if not hurt. Just because he had a 1-0 lead does not mean the Avs still don't score goals the rest of the game.....just like Game 1.

You and other guys in this thread may want to wear some BLUE(S) BLOCKER sunglasses  :coolio for the rest of the series, and at least TRY to look at things more objectively. In the meantime you can hope that Husso regains the form he had most of the season, and not give up. Using Binnington as an excuse at this point is not what good hockey fans do. If Kuemper gets knocked out, I will say GO PAVEL and suck it up!

Look, I've got no dog in this race.  I'l generally lean towards the Blues all other things being equal due to my friendship with Gary*, but c'mon dude.  It's patently obvious Kadri was making zero effort to avoid Binnington - loose puck or not.  Given Landeskog's bump of Binnington in Game 2, it was clearly a team strategy (get in Binnington's space, damned the consequences), and Kadri was more than willing to do the job. Remember, I lived thru Kadri's transgressions for a few years.  Oh, and Kadri can't help himself - two round 1 suspensions while in Toronto that played a meaningful role in those series losses, and then he gets another last year.  You're right, he was well aware of what he did last year - and just as aware of what he was doing last night.  You wanna talk about looking thru homer-lenses, you're doing it bigly. 

*Not that I'm not friends with Kev, just a closer friendship with Gary

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Wow. McDavid and Draisaitl are on another level right now.  At 97's pace, he should probably get Conn Smythe consideration even if the Oil are eliminated this round. With his current point total, he's basically guaranteed to finish atop the playoff leader board

Online Anguyen92

Mike Smith doing it for the people today.  Made roughly 30 saves.  Was briefly taken out by Lucic for a few minutes and was apparently able to get back in.  Now, I thought the Flames was able to figure him out after Game 1 and he didn't look that great in Game 2 early on, but now he's been looking all right.  This 40+ year old goalie is a perplexing case.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Just want to say that that was a bullshit call on Lucic last night. I get that the refs want to maintain order, but if Lucic "charged" Smith, he would've never gotten up.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Even if Florida somehow wins this game, they haven't looked like a team that would take this series even if they reset everything at 0 and started over.

So very disappointed that Giroux got to pick to go to a stacked team, and even if they have the skill they just don't seem to have nearly the cup hunger that Tampa Bay always seems to have.

Going to be rooting for whatever team* Giroux signs with next season.

*Assuming it's not someone ridiculous like the Rangers, Penguins, or Bruins.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I thought the Panthers were fraudulent anyway.

Offline faizoff

Vasilevskiy with some unreal saves at the end.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought the Panthers were fraudulent anyway.

Yep. Chad mentioned it……I did, you….a couple others. Lots of points but there was never a ‘fear factor’ with them.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Oh. Okay then. :|
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask