Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 82848 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I might have a moment like this twice this weekend with thr Bruins & Celtics. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
My hope is always, win or lose, that the officiating does not decide games.  I still have never watched highlights of Game 3 of the 2019 WCF because that might the angriest I have ever been after a sporting event (when the Sharks won in OT due to an illegal hand pass that somehow none of the 4 on-ice officials saw). 

Offline TheCountOfNYC

It doesn’t look good after one period. The defense isn’t playing well. The bounces aren’t going our way. The calls aren’t going our way. There’s still plenty of game left but I just have this feeling that the season ends here.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Two periods done. Rangers are back in it and even had the lead but of course Malkin had to tie it up. I’m gonna vomit from the stress.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Wow. What a weird goal!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TheCountOfNYC

THEY FUCKING WON!!!!! GAME SEVEN AT MSG!!!!!

-MirrorMask

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
WOOOOOTTTT!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TheCountOfNYC

And the Eastern Conference has its first series final.

-MirrorMask

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS.

Florida Panthers are onto round two, but of course my main interest is in Giroux.

Some Flyers fans questioned his leadership, despite how many times he carried teams on his back, and he went to Florida, played all around their lineup and showed exactly what he's capable of.

Lots of other fans questioned his ability to play in the playoffs, and now with a team that can elevate with him he continues to impress. Game winner, followed by a game with a huge goal and assist, followed by a series win with yet another huge goal and an assist.

And all while being a PPG player the entire tenure in South Florida.

Fuck the haters, I hope Giroux gets his cup to finally get mentioned alongside your Kanes, Ginos, Backstroms, etc. Guy should absolutely be a first ballot hall of famer who has had that obscured by playing for mediocre Flyers teams for over a decade.

For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I love Giroux (a family name BTW), but he ain't getting a Cup this year.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I can't in good conscience root for Florida because of how lame their crowds are.

It was Wednesday when Game 5s of both Wash at Fla and Pitt at NYR were going, and I was flipping back and forth, and it was stunning the difference in crowd noise. Every time I had the Rangers game on, the NY crowd was loud, and it gave the game an electric feel.  Turning over to the game in Florida was like I also kicked the volume down on the TV like 20 notches.  The crowd was meek and quiet. Even after they scored, it took about a minute for the crowd to get quiet again like they were at Sunday church.  Lame.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well, I CAN, in good conscience, root against Washington!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Bruins not playing with enough intensity/desperation. Feels like the entire 1st period has been played in their end.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I thought both teams played with a lot of energy in that 1st period.  This double minor that carries over into the 2nd period is obviously huge.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Except the Bruins spent their energy defending. Can't score from your own end.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Not unless Chris Osgood is in net on the other side, and he ain't coming back.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
This ESPN crew is not very good.

Steve Levy is terrible at hockey.  "There wasn't much going on for the first 19 minutes."  Right, because in hockey, no scoring means nothing is happening.  Idiot.

And the off-ice reporter Emily Kaplan is about a -4 on the excitement level on a scale of 0 to 10.  She sounds like she'd rather be anywhere else.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Pasta is a fucking disaster on skates. If he was a waiter, he'd drop every tray he was given.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Ok, when is the draft, which we'll undoubtably fuck up.

Also, who's the Captain next year? Marchand? McAvoy?

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator

Well, I'd say at the moment it's looking like he at least has a much better chance than the Bruins. :D
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
Well, I CAN, in good conscience, root against Washington!
Ditto.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Well, I'd say at the moment it's looking like he at least has a much better chance than the Bruins. :D

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Feel for ya Chad. That was brutal.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wow, I feel bad for the Leafs. They had the toughest draw in the Eastern Conference. Tampa slept walked through that season.

I had the Leafs in the Finals this year.

So far of the 4 series completed, I am 1-3 in my picks! :facepalm: :lol

Online Anguyen92

That was pretty brutal for them.  Tampa Bay did a great job shutting down the Leafs when it mattered in the 3rd, which seems to be a solid trend given their last couple of series-clinching games.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

So far of the 4 series completed, I am 1-3 in my picks! :facepalm: :lol

That's what you get for doubting Nick Leddy.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Online Anguyen92

I mean, at this point, I don't know what the heck you can do for the Leafs' offseason to get a playoff series win.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well, I think they would've beaten everyone other than the Lightning, but if they're gonna take the next step, it's the Lightning they had to get past.

So, was it better to play them in the first round, with home ice, or the second round? The Leafs better win the Division next year.

We may be asking the same of the Oilers in a few hours. Though I'd argue that the Kings are NOT the Lightning.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
I mean, at this point, I don't know what the heck you can do for the Leafs' offseason to get a playoff series win.
I don't think they need to do anything.  Leafs easily could have,  maybe even should have,  won that series.  They could roll that same roster into next season, and i think leaf's fans would be fine with that.  Tampa is still a top flight team,  and undisputed winners of the covid seasons.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't think they need to do anything.  Leafs easily could have,  maybe even should have,  won that series.  They could roll that same roster into next season, and i think leaf's fans would be fine with that.  Tampa is still a top flight team,  and undisputed winners of the covid seasons.

Yep. Maybe tinker a bit…..not sure Campbell is the answer in goal BUT he did play well. A bounce here or there and they win that game and this isn’t a conversation. I think TBs experience was the difference in that game.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I was impressed with Morgan Reilly. He's really grown his game.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
First ... the Bolts were the better team tonight.  Leafs had 73 shot attempts, but only 31 made it to the net - most of those non-shots were blocks - probably 30+.  The Leafs will regret laying a turd in Game 4, and not closing out game 6.

Second ... Vasilevsky finally played like the best goalie in the world, and stole a game.  He also had the hockey Gods on his side, with a THIRD save in the series via the shaft of his stick.  It's a game of inches, and any one of those three go in, and the Leafs likely take the series.

Third ... nice of the refs to let them play tonight - only 5 penalties (3 against TB; 2 against Leafs).  However, what wasn't nice was them giving TB a 5-on-3 in the 3rd of Game 6 that produced the game-tying goal.  When TB committed a blatantly obvious trip on Nylander while on their 3rd period PK tonight - right in front of the ref no less - no call.  That could've made as big difference in the game tonight as it did for TB on Thursday.

I do hope they sign Campbell... they can probably get him for about $4m AAV for 3-4 years.  I also hope they can re-sign Gio for something around the $4M range as well.  As for what else they can/need to do ... how do you improve on a team that had the #1PP in the league, your core young players had career years, and were 4th overall in the league.  Tough draw to get the Bolts.

Really not sure what the rest of the answers are.  But when you're team is 0-10 in series clinching games in the past 5 years, something's gotta give.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TheCountOfNYC

I know the Leafs choking in the playoffs has become a meme, but you gotta feel for Toronto fans.

-MirrorMask

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
As a Flyers fan I have a hard time feeling bad for anyone right now, but year, I do feel for Chad and other Leafs fans. Don't know what the answer is or what you possibly do at this point.