Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 82845 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Don't worry, they still would have to win in Carolina. That hasn't gone well at all this series.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I want a picture tonight!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I want a picture tonight!

But of course!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online faizoff

Bolts are going home today for sure...or rather staying home. The Leafs are ripping them up.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Bolts are going home today for sure...or rather staying home. The Leafs are ripping them up.

Toronto needs to close it out tonight in order to avoid giving their fans that itchy feeling that comes from the Maple Leafs playing in Game 7.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online Dittomist

I’m so nervous for Toronto fans right now. They need and deserve this win!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
No they don't. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Man, I feel bad for the Leafs fans right now. Even if they end up winning. Just seeing this tight game go to game 7 with the Leafs history the amount of butt clenching between now and Saturday's conclusion has to be huge.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online faizoff

Ok nevermind then, game 7 it is.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I really thought Toronto was going to win that.  Poor Leafs fans.

Meanwhile, the Blues game is going well so far...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Good pics!

The Blues finish off the Wild with another ass-whipping.  Wild were lucky the Blues D was decimated for a few games, otherwise this could have been over in 4 or 5.  :hat :hat

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Good pics!

The Blues finish off the Wild with another ass-whipping.  Wild were lucky the Blues D was decimated for a few games, otherwise this could have been over in 4 or 5.  :hat :hat

Time to see if the juggernaut Colorado can be stopped or not. I hear the AVs are already on a Power Play to start the series  because MacKinnon stubbed his toe at home.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Anguyen92

That was a tough game to lose.  Other than the usual, "This power play is garbage," and "We got to find a way to limit McDavid's space when he has the puck," I can't find many faults in that game from the Kings.  Oilers, obviously, wanted it more today with their backs against the wall.  Hard to really tell how game 7 will go based on this series.  3 Game 7s on Saturday.  Should be fun watches.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Well, 2 days, and 60 minutes of butt-puckering is in store.  It's a game of inches - just before Point's winner, Matthews slid one by Vasi about 2 inches outside the post.  Tampa eeked that one out - the Leafs gift-wrapped those first two goals, with the only two turnovers of the first 2 periods.  Otherwise, the Leafs were handling Tampa rather nicely.  And that 5-on-3 was horseshit.  The call on Kampf was a nice 'phantom' head flop by Foote - he goofed the refs nicely there.  Sure, Kerfoot's was legit, but Tampa should've never been on the power play.

The Hockey Gods will either bless, or continue to punish us Leafs fans on Saturday.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Oh... and congrats to Gary and Kev.  The way the Blues are playing, it could/should be quite the series against the Avs.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
It's too bad the Wild broke the shutout in the 3rd period, otherwise the GWG would have gone to Nick Leddy, the secret sauce of the current Blues squad.  :hat :hat

What is notable is that Binnington has looked like the 2019 Binnington the last few games.  If he keeps this up, Blues might beat the Avs in 5 instead of 6 or 7.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
It's too bad the Wild broke the shutout in the 3rd period, otherwise the GWG would have gone to Nick Leddy, the secret sauce of the current Blues squad.  :hat :hat

What is notable is that Binnington has looked like the 2019 Binnington the last few games.  If he keeps this up, Blues might beat the Avs in 5 instead of 6 or 7.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

I have a rule in life to "never deprive anyone of hope .... it might be all they have".

You hold on to that dream there, Kev.   :tup

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Oh... and congrats to Gary and Kev.  The way the Blues are playing, it could/should be quite the series against the Avs.

Thanks Chad. While I'm fully aware of how good the AVs are and that everyone and their mother already have the AVs players names etched into the cup.....I don't think they're going to steamroll the Blues in the series. It'll come down to what the Minnesota series ultimately came down to and what most SC Playoff Series come down to....Goaltending and Special Teams. If that truly is the decider then I'm more than happy with the Blues chances. Plus, the Blues have ZERO pressure on them. They're not the team that has been deemed the Cup champs for the past two seasons and come up short each time. The AVs are. They've still yet to prove or show that they're 'worth' the praise. Blues will make them earn that for sure.

Should be a fun series to watch although I'm already mad at the handful of BS PP's the AV's will undoubtedly get because MacKinnon gets touched or looked at. It won't shock me one bit for the AV's to be on a PP within the first five minutes of game one on a weak ticky tac call.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Obviously the key to the series.  :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Should be a fun series to watch although I'm already mad at the handful of BS PP's the AV's will undoubtedly get because MacKinnon gets touched or looked at. It won't shock me one bit for the AV's to be on a PP within the first five minutes of game one on a weak ticky tac call.

Pre-emptively pissed at the Blues getting screwed by the Refs. I would expect nothing less  :tup   :lol :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Pre-emptively pissed at the Blues getting screwed by the Refs. I would expect nothing less  :tup   :lol :lol

I thought you and Tim would get a kick out of that  :biggrin:

Offline romdrums

Fun fact about the Blues eliminating the Wild yesterday, is that it also means the Blackhawks will only receive Minnesota's second round pick in this year's draft, rather than their first.  So by eliminating the Wild, the Blues also screwed the Blackhawks.   Combine that with the Seth Jones trade, and the Blackhawks could have had 2 first round picks this year.  Instead, they have zero! :tup

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline crazy climber dude

Sandbagging already. Wow. Nice to have a built in excuse if your team loses. That is skim milk, my friend. I think Tarasenko will get some calls.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Sandbagging already. Wow. Nice to have a built in excuse if your team loses. That is skim milk, my friend. I think Tarasenko will get some calls.

First time reading Gary's posts? :lol

Offline pg1067

That was a tough game to lose.  Other than the usual, "This power play is garbage," and "We got to find a way to limit McDavid's space when he has the puck," I can't find many faults in that game from the Kings.  Oilers, obviously, wanted it more today with their backs against the wall.  Hard to really tell how game 7 will go based on this series.  3 Game 7s on Saturday.  Should be fun watches.

That game was, hopefully, an aberration.  The McDavid wrap-around was played well by Quick...it just found a hole.  Kempe's defense on the rush was terrible, and there was another defender who gave him little more than an olay (phonetic).  Kings were 1 of 4 on the PP, which isn't bad at all, and they only took one penalty.  The one that was really botched was the game winner.  Absolutely NO ONE looking for the trailer on the play.  Barrie had WAY too much room to walk in between the circles.  The thing that was weird was that they were outshot all game and seemed to have little energy.  Nothing better than a game 7...unless your team lost game 6.  Hoping to find a big gathering of Kings fans at a sports bar in Long Beach to watch the game on Saturday.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

I actually think the Blues are going to upset the AVs and win the series.....and even if they don't, they'll give the AVs a tough battle because it's one of those two teams that are going to rep. the Western Conference in the SC. Not to diss the remaining WC teams that will move on but I don't see any of them being able to hang with either the Blues or the AVs.

But if you're trying to contest that MacKinnon doesn't receive the kit glove treatment by the NHL and refs then that's a losing battle because the evidence is out there for all to see. Tarasenko isn't a part of that realm of NHL player that you can't touch....he gets the crap beat out of him.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

:spitcoffee:

Offline romdrums

:spitcoffee:

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline crazy climber dude

I read without correlation to the poster, I suppose. I have seen some comments of that ilk before.....but didn't know there was a reputation that preceded! I will pay more attention as the  playoffs, and esp. this series, moves forward.    :laugh:

Online Anguyen92

I read without correlation to the poster, I suppose. I have seen some comments of that ilk before.....but didn't know there was a reputation that preceded! I will pay more attention as the  playoffs, and esp. this series, moves forward.    :laugh:

Just note, it's not a reflection of you or the team you follow.  That sort of stuff happens as well when the Blues/Bruins or Blues/Sharks clash.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

It’s too bad that the original hosting site of my linked pics is gone or I’m sure Chad could link the great middle finger post of an ousted Blues team from I believe 2014.

I will give you one hundred different reasons why the Blues lose or get screwed before admitting any wrongdoing on their part. It’s all a conspiracy against St. Louis.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
That was in my top 2 greatest 'rage-post' of all-time here at DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
We love how much Gary bleeds Blues blue.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

It’s too bad that the original hosting site of my linked pics is gone or I’m sure Chad could link the great middle finger post of an ousted Blues team from I believe 2014.

I will give you one hundred different reasons why the Blues lose or get screwed before admitting any wrongdoing on their part. It’s all a conspiracy against St. Louis.

That is my all time favorite post on these forums.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask