Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 82831 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Blues had control of the first period until two pretty weak penalty calls resulting in two PP goals.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
That was an epic comeback by Toronto.  :metal :metal

Blues good for much of the period, but a couple of PP goals, and they trail 2-1.  Neither goal was his fault, but Binngington looks like a hot mess back there. 

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
Kaprizov is filthy.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Kaprizov is filthy.

While this is true it’s also utter BS that if you even come close to skating in his personal space a penalty gets called on your team…..so, while yes he’s filthy it’s also horse shit that you can’t touch the dude.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That was an epic comeback by Toronto.  :metal :metal

Blues good for much of the period, but a couple of PP goals, and they trail 2-1.  Neither goal was his fault, but Binngington looks like a hot mess back there.

Leafs were slapped around in the first, and Campbell made some top-shelf saves to keep the team in it, and give them time to get their shit together. 3 goals in the third against Tampa was most impressive. Vasilevsky has given up at least 3 goals in all 5 games.  :omg:  And an .840 save percentage tonight.  :omg: :omg:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
That was an epic comeback by Toronto St Louis.  :metal :metal
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Gritty road win by the Blues. Binnington was shaky in the first period but looked pretty sharp in 2 and 3. Hopefully they can get it done at home on Thursday.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
There is no two ways about it: the Blues completely pantsed the Wild in that 3rd period. They outscored them 3-0, and I am not sure it was even that close.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
That was an epic comeback by Toronto St Louis.  :metal :metal

:metal

Controlled the 5v5 play. Only momentum Wild has was the two PPs they were given in first period. I’ll take it!

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Here's hoping the oil can finish off their comeback tonight.  That was a doozy of a third period.

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
For fuck sake...

Offline Anguyen92

All right, aside from the fact that the special teams has burned the Kings in the 3rd period, thank goodness the OT was short and easy and dominated by the Kings.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
There is no two ways about it: the Blues completely pantsed the Wild in that 3rd period. They outscored them 3-0, and I am not sure it was even that close.

A truly "natural" hattie by Tarasenko - 3 straight goals on 3 shots.

Shame about the Oil.  The deserved a better fate with that OT.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Calder - Bunting, Zegras, Seider.  I think the solid money is on Seider ... but I think Bunting should get serious consideration (despite his age).  Some will say that "well, he played with Marner and Matthews"... to which I counter that Hyman did as well, and didn't put up the kind of numbers Bunting did.

But Seider is likely to win it.

Online pg1067

That Kings game was nerve wracking!  For the first time in at least a few years, I got together with some friends at a bar to watch.  Not particularly crowded, and only a couple other groups were interested in the game.  Felt a LOT like game 1, except Edmonton seemed a bit more timid.  Feeling pretty good after 2, but then the Kings special teams let us down in the 3rd.  After the tying goal, we had to leave because the parking lot we used closes at 10pm.  Listening to the last 4 minutes of regulation on the way home was pretty white-knuckle.  It felt like the Kings were THIS close to yacking it away.  Got home during the OT intermission and turned on the TV.  Fortunately, I didn't have to wait long.  Kings absolutely controlled the OT.  First shift almost entirely in the Oilers' zone, and BOOM...Adrian Kempe absolutely schooled McDavid, Duncan "Yeah...Right...I'm One of the 100 Greatest Players in NHL History" Keith and, finally, Mike Smith.  Thing of beauty.

Need to close it out tomorrow!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline SoundscapeMN

Minnesota sports are jinxed (sans for The Lynx).

But that's nothing new.

Offline romdrums

Calder - Bunting, Zegras, Seider.  I think the solid money is on Seider ... but I think Bunting should get serious consideration (despite his age).  Some will say that "well, he played with Marner and Matthews"... to which I counter that Hyman did as well, and didn't put up the kind of numbers Bunting did.

Seider better win it.  Wings fans need some consolation after getting shafted in the draft lottery once again. :censored
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Seider better win it.  Wings fans need some consolation after getting shafted in the draft lottery once again. :censored

Um... with all due respect.  Boo-fucking-hoo.  :D  I think a quarter century of playoffs and cup contention doesn't leave much room for sympathy for Detroit hockey fans.

Online pg1067

Being the team with the 8th worst record picking 8th = shafted?!  Holy hell...I guess I forgot to be outraged in 2021 and 2017...to say nothing of 2019.   :lol
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online pg1067

Online pg1067

And here’s Nurse from the previous game.  Is Raffi Torres a special advisor for Edmonton or something?  Fuckin’ A….

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Anguyen92

And here’s Nurse from the previous game.  Is Raffi Torres a special advisor for Edmonton or something?  Fuckin’ A….

Nurse is becoming a marked man against the Danault line.  The post-goal trip on Moore.  The trip on Grundstrom (where Grundstrom really did a great job hustling to fend Nurse off before the trip) before the goal.  The headbutt on Danault.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

This is shtick, right?   :lol :lol :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I turned on the Pens/Rangers 40 seconds into the game, and Pittsburgh was already on a 2-man advantage.  I was like, damn, what the hell happened in those first 40 seconds?  :lol :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

I’m exhausted and there’s still one period left.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I don't even have a rooting interest in this Pitt/NYR game, and it's giving me a heart attack.  :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

IT’S NOT OVER YET!!! WE’RE STILL ALIVE!!!
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Not saying that I wouldn't want Matthew Tkachuk on my team, but some really needs to kick his ass.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I am happy the Rangers won simply because I didn't want the series to end.  I am a greedy sports fan. More hockey!!

And what a collapse by the Capitals.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I am happy the Rangers won simply because I didn't want the series to end.  I am a greedy sports fan. More hockey!!

That second period was bonkers!

And what a collapse by the Capitals.

Florida’s been doing this all year. No lead is sad against them.

Offline Anguyen92

And in the battle of who can outstrangle the other in a tight game, round 5 goes to Flames.  Let's see if the Stars pull it together for their goalie in Game 6.  Otherwise, it will be a frustrating offseason for the Stars.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
Um... with all due respect.  Boo-fucking-hoo.  :D  I think a quarter century of playoffs and cup contention doesn't leave much room for sympathy for Detroit hockey fans.

This. As a Detroit fan (who has admittedly nearly completely retreated from viewership), there's nothing to be sympathetic about. 25 years of relative success and 4 championships come at a cost; so what?

This is shtick, right?   :lol :lol :lol

One would hope.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Well, do or die tonight for the B's and I will be there with the Callahan boys. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Well, do or die tonight for the B's and I will be there with the Callahan boys.

I'm torn Joe.  I want them to win for the Princeshmegland, but it's still the Bruins.