Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 82852 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Nothing will ever top him telling Dutch that “you’re an announcer with a long stick” while giving him googlie eyes, and just a bit too far into his personal space.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TheCountOfNYC

I hate the Penguins. So fucking much.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Rangers are falling apart like a cheap pair of pants.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Have you ever been so mad that you’re completely calm? That’s where I’m at with this Penguins game. I’d say Rangers game but they didn’t show up.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Have you ever been so mad that you’re completely calm?

Pertaining to professional Hockey? That’s a hard no.  :lol

In all seriousness though……yeah, i think we all know that feeling.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Yup. It usually manifests itself in ....if they don't fucking care, why should I?.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah, you’ve never been completely calm.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Sullivan is a helluva coach, to get that team to do what they’re doing without Doumalin or Rakell, and with their 3rd string goalie.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!

Like we don't know that. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Yup. It usually manifests itself in ....if they don't fucking care, why should I?.

For me it’s a vicious cycle, because I get really worked up about two sports (football and hockey) and two teams specifically (the Jets and Rangers) and also their rivals. With hockey starting in the middle of the football season and both teams having rivals who tend to go deep into the playoffs (the Patriots and Penguins) the only calm I get is the brief two month period between the Stanley Cup Finals and the start of the NFL regular season.

-MirrorMask

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Ya know, he kinda brought it on himself by mocking/taunting them at the end of the 3-0 win towards the end of the season after he shut them out.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/igor-shesterkin-waves-goodbye-to-penguins-after-shutout-victory/ar-AAW0OhH

You don't think the Pens remember this, and is using it as 'bulletin board' material to stay motivated to bitch-slap him?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Isn't Shesterkin supposed to be a great goalie?  He has looked like a clown show the last two games.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Isn't Shesterkin supposed to be a great goalie?  He has looked like a clown show the last two games.

This coming from a guy who's watched Binnington the past couple of years.  :lol

Seems he's in a funk / case of the yips.  If only Vailevsky could catch it too!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I think Barkley is spot on with the prediction that whoever wins Leafs/Bolts tonight will win the series.  I'm still predicting Tampa in 6 .... but would be thrilled to be proven wrong.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Lack of playoff experience against a team with plenty of it. The Rangers aren’t playing well in front of him either. Some of those turnovers last night were absolutely brutal. The whole team is learning the hard way that playoff hockey is a very different animal.

-MirrorMask

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
It's a game of inches.... Wash was about 3 inches from getting an EN to seal the victory, and 3-1 series lead.  Instead, it's now a best of 3, and Fla has home ice adv.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Vezina finalists just announced - Sarros, Markstrom, Shersterkin.  Not terribly surprising.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5

Lack of playoff experience against a team with plenty of it. The Rangers aren’t playing well in front of him either. Some of those turnovers last night were absolutely brutal. The whole team is learning the hard way that playoff hockey is a very different animal.

Yep.....and that's what makes the SC Playoffs so much fun to watch. The cream rises to the top. Some folks crumble and some step it up and a lot of times in both scenarios it's players you'd never expect
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Anguyen92

Patrick Marleau has officially called it a career.  Here's a nice lovely read from him in the Player Tribune reflecting on his career.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/patrick-marleau-nhl-hockey-retirement-san-jose-sharks

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Yep.....and that's what makes the SC Playoffs so much fun to watch. The cream rises to the top. Some folks crumble and some step it up and a lot of times in both scenarios it's players you'd never expect

Technically the series isn’t over, but the Rangers look defeated. This team has a lot of young talent, and hopefully they learn from this experience. They’ll be back, and now they’ll have something to prove.

-MirrorMask

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
McAvoy seen walking into PNC Canes building with a mask.  Surprisingly passed the tests and playing tonight.

Covid this Sunday: Sorry Charlie

Charlie McAvoy today:

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Anguyen92

For those that follows the Draft Lottery, here are the notables.

The Habs will pick #1
The Devils somehow moved up to pick #2 (this is the issue I have with the draft.  How many bloody top 3 picks do you need in recent times before being a legit team?)
Coyotes moved down from #2 to #3.

Offline pg1067

For those that follows the Draft Lottery, here are the notables.

The Habs will pick #1
The Devils somehow moved up to pick #2 (this is the issue I have with the draft.  How many bloody top 3 picks do you need in recent times before being a legit team?)
Coyotes moved down from #2 to #3.

"Five in six years."  Edmonton Oilers GM (probably).

Nice not to give a rat's tuchus about the lottery for the first time in a few years.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Canes dominating the whole 1st period

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
B's aren't doing any better in the 2nd.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Refs are dominating the Leafs/Bolts game. 6 penalties in the 1st period. They’ve shown the players all ya gotta do is fall down, and it’ll be a penalty. 3 of the pussy-est calls I’ve seen - even for a regular season game.

Correction... 7 penalties in the first period. This is ridiculous. Let them fucking play.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 06:32:36 PM by jingle.boy »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
B's aren't doing any better in the 2nd.

Seems a little more pressure now. Changing up lines too.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Unlucky goal that the Canes scored on for the B's.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Unlucky goal that the Canes scored on for the B's.

Gee, which one? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Only one. If you only watched Tim.  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
What a 3rd period.  What a rollercoaster of a game.

I’m counting on Barkely’s guaranteeeeeee!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I watched the Leafs game instead. :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
4 penalties the rest of the game, 2 of which were basically off-setting and ended up as a 1:50 4-on-4. That was an exciting couple of periods - aided by the fact “my” team got the W.