Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 82894 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Well, when you lose your #1 d man you do cry a bit. 

Did you hear me cry when the Blues beat us in the SC?   :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's not helping. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That was a sick goal by Kyrou.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
As soon as the Blues went up 3-1, I thought...OK time for the refs to make their move....

...and within minutes the Wild were on a 5 on 3. :lol

Online Anguyen92

Yeah, people do that when that happens. 

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=56826.msg2874387#msg2874387

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Gritty win for the Blues. Whew.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Gritty win for the Blues. Whew.

Perunovich and Mikkola played really good…..what a game to come back from surgery on for Perunovich. Out since January and thrown into that. He looked good.

Was glad to see Binnington not suck but I’d personally still prefer Husso right now. But I’m sure Binnington will get the next start.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Yeah, people do that when that happens. 

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=56826.msg2874387#msg2874387

And Chad there to pile on both times.  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Well, THAT was not a good first period. I guess maybe it’s better not to go up 3-1 in a series?  I mean, if they couldn’t put away the Canadiens in 3 tries last year, they’d not likely be able to put away the Bolts in the same scenario.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I’ve fuckin had it with these refs. Look, the game is already over, but 7 fucking penalties against one team in 2 periods?!?!?!  Let them flicking play. This is like watching a preseason game, there’s no fucking life in it. Not terribly enjoyable always watching someone on the PP. Even the Tampa crowd is dead at this point.  The Leafs had ONE game in 82 where they had 6 penalties. They’ve had 2 now out of 3 + 2 periods with more than that now.

14 fucking penalties in the Bos/Car game this afternoon.

The refs are sucking the joy out of playoff hockey.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I’m with ya in the refs Chad. It’s pretty bad.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I’m with ya in the refs Chad. It’s pretty bad.

8-3 were the penalties.  Yeah I care that it was “my” team that had the 8, but that’s just a brutal disparity.

Offline pg1067

Kings finally came to play tonight.  Outplayed the Oilers nearly all night, and then the Oilers started playing dirty.

Either way...series all tied up.

Go Kings go!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Anguyen92

We get at least a game 6!  This is what I really wanting out of this series and here we are.  This always has been a series of adaptation and let's see which coach makes the better changes that's needed the rest of the way.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
A LOT of lopsided scores so far.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

No kidding. Although, Minnesota was pouring it on the Blues yesterday in the third period from around 8 minutes to go until Perron scored the empty netter from full ice with a minute something left.....I had prepped myself for them tying it and there being an OT. It was the most nerve racking stretch of 'bend don't break' hockey I've watching in a while....

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

No kidding. Although, Minnesota was pouring it on the Blues yesterday in the third period from around 8 minutes to go until Perron scored the empty netter from full ice with a minute something left.....I had prepped myself for them tying it and there being an OT. It was the most nerve racking stretch of 'bend don't break' hockey I've watching in a while....

I should've put the caveat that there also seem to be a LOT of EN goals.  Leafs have 2 in the series, as do the Bolts.  I think Boston had one yesterday?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

I should've put the caveat that there also seem to be a LOT of EN goals.  Leafs have 2 in the series, as do the Bolts.  I think Boston had one yesterday?

In both the Wild Wins they've had two in game two and one in game three. Blues had one yesterday.

Blues were super fortunate yesterday that Perron scored that EN from about 5 foot in front of the goal line in our end...from the corner. As I said, the Wild were coming in waves for a solid 5 minutes and it was everything to keep them on the outside and just block shots....Binnington made a handful of good saves....had they gotten set up with the goalie pulled I think they'd have tied it for sure. Perron threw a hail mary and thankfully it worked. Fleury may have been on the bench all of a couple seconds when Perron scored.

Offline pg1067

We get at least a game 6!  This is what I really wanting out of this series and here we are.  This always has been a series of adaptation and let's see which coach makes the better changes that's needed the rest of the way.

This is the most Jekyll and Hyde series I can recall.  Game 1 was a REALLY good game and was very even.  Kings didn't show up at all in games 2 and 3 (beyond the first period of game 2).  Game 4 seemed relatively similar to game 1 from a gameplay aspect, but Edmonton didn't get the bounces they got in game 1.  Both teams had a lot of energy last night, and it felt like the Kings finally stood up to the heavy/borderline dirty things the Oilers were doing (68 minutes of penalties given out in the last 10 minutes of the game!).

Also, I can't stand the idiot PA operator who didn't turn the damn music off when the ref was talking after the third goal (where Kane and Edler got misconducts but we couldn't hear the ref), and the PA announcer seems awful as well.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Anguyen92

Well, offseason moves are being made.  Barry Trotz has been fired by the Islanders and Lou Lamoriello is taking full responsibility for it.

Pierre McGuire is no longer working with the Senators in an office role, but really, would anyone note the difference (good and bad)?  I say send him to ESPN.  PK Subban is working in an analyst role there for the rest of the playoffs.  I think they would gel well together.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Was just coming in here to post about "Creepy" McGuire.  Nobody saw that coming... and by "nobody", I mean "everybody".

Trotz, oth... I'm surprised at that.  Prediction - he'll land in Detroit.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Trotz, oth... I'm surprised at that.  Prediction - he'll land in Detroit.

Ninja'd

Was going to say the same thing. I can see Yzerman luring him there....even though it's more or less a rebuild situation Detroit isn't far off from being a playoff team. Trotz would be super valuable to have coaching those kids.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
I don't get the Trotz firing. Sure the Isles missed the playoffs, but a lot of that had to do with circumstances outside their control. I think they could have rebounded to a playoff spot next season no problem. Barry will easily be re-hired in short order. 

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
I don't get the Trotz firing. Sure the Isles missed the playoffs, but a lot of that had to do with circumstances outside their control. I think they could have rebounded to a playoff spot next season no problem. Barry will easily be re-hired in short order.

Agreed. Most fans here in Isles country were taken by surprise.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Lou is an enigma sometimes.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte

Lou is an enigma sometimes.

Yeah. Here’s some local flavor on the move.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/09/barry-trotz-firing-is-right-out-of-lou-lamoriellos-playbook/amp/

--Camille Saint-Saëns

--Frank Zappa

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Pierre McGuire makes it less than a year in the Senators front office. :lol

But...

Now what if someone in TV land hires him?

For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Pierre McGuire makes it less than a year in the Senators front office. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't think anyone should be surprised with head coach firing when Lou Lamoriello is involved.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
Personally, I love me some awkward Pierre McGuire TV broadcast moments. One of my favorites was a post game interview when he asked Phil Kessel how his “breath” was.
--Camille Saint-Saëns

--Frank Zappa

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
He never bothered me with his color commenting. I know some guys hate him here.

Online Anguyen92

I thought this was a funny moment.  I think both had a valid side about the topic, but these aren't the right guys to do the debate.

Mike Milbury vs Pierre "Soccer Mom" McGuire

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
What kind of circus are you running when Pierre McGuire and Mike fucking Milbury are on the same broadcast together. Ridiculous

Online Anguyen92

They were both around NBC Sports for around 12 years.  I don't think they were actually together that much since McGuire's role was the in-between the benches guy and Milbury was the studio "analyst."

Here's another fun Pierre McGuire moment.

Hockey gods on Pierre McGuire's side after puck flies between the benches