Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 83010 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I guess DeSmith had more than just cramps/dehydration.  Out for the rest of the playoffs - core muscle surgery yesterday.

When was the last time that TWO teams were down to their 3rd string goalies in the playoffs??  Hopefully Campbell stays healthy, or the Leafs will be in that situation.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I can't even be mad at this debacle tonight.  The Wild are too good and too hot to beat when you're down three of your starting six defensemen.

Yeah. Looks like the Blues are the injury sacrifice in the first round. Add in not getting the bounces and ‘puck luck’ that teams that go deep get and you’ll get a first round exit. Just no way to make much noise with missing three of your starting D.

Nope. It is a bummer to see such a promising season end this way, with not even really having a chance due to injuries, but it is what it is.  The sports gods are random and they are not fair.  :lol :lol

Offline Anguyen92

I guess DeSmith had more than just cramps/dehydration.  Out for the rest of the playoffs - core muscle surgery yesterday.

When was the last time that TWO teams were down to their 3rd string goalies in the playoffs??  Hopefully Campbell stays healthy, or the Leafs will be in that situation.

I thought it was three, unless you don't count the Predators.  They may have lucked out with Connor Ingram, since clearly Dave Rittich ain't going to get the job done against the Avs.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I can't even be mad at this debacle tonight.  The Wild are too good and too hot to beat when you're down three of your starting six defensemen.

Yeah. Looks like the Blues are the injury sacrifice in the first round. Add in not getting the bounces and ‘puck luck’ that teams that go deep get and you’ll get a first round exit. Just no way to make much noise with missing three of your starting D.

Nope. It is a bummer to see such a promising season end this way, with not even really having a chance due to injuries, but it is what it is.  The sports gods are random and they are not fair.  :lol :lol

Really guys??

Who is out. ?
O’Reilly?
Thomas?
Pareyko?
Perron?
Taresenko?
Faulk?
Saad?

Sorry, Nick “Norris” Leddy is not the difference between winning and losing this series.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Bortuzzo and Krug as well.

Sorry, but when three of your starting defensemen are out, you aren't beating a team as hot as the Wild.

I also think Husso let them down last night with that 2nd goal. You cannot let that go in.  As great as he has been this season for the Blues, he gave up goals on the first two shots in G2 and on two of the first three shots in G3 (or I might have that backwards).  Your goalie has to be better than that at the start of games.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Bortuzzo and Krug as well.

Sorry, but when three of your starting defensemen are out, you aren't beating a team as hot as the Wild.

You weren’t beating them with them.

Oh did you say Kruggie? Yup you’re toast.  ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I thought it was three, unless you don't count the Predators.  They may have lucked out with Connor Ingram, since clearly Dave Rittich ain't going to get the job done against the Avs.

Nope, I was counting Domingue and Ingram.  Duh... I was forgetting Kochetkov.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
You weren’t beating them with them

False statement. We shut them out with our full starting D corps. Blues were 16-3-1 since Leddy came over as his presence allowed Berube to get the D lines they needed. Horrible boarding from behind takes him out.

Bortuzzo goes out blocking a shot…..which oh by the way that’s what he does. He blocks at least 5-10 shots a game and he’s physical and not to shabby a defender.

Krug quarterbacks the #1 PP in the regular season. Going to hurt big time.

Blues have man handled the Wild for the better part of three years now so yeah…..they’ve been beating them for quite some time with those guys. Losing one, you can fill in…..two, butt pucker time….three, almost impossible to overcome.

Wild have taken advantage of it and good for them. It was always going to be a toss up between these two teams when they were evenly matched. Wild should have no problem taking the series if none of those guys return.

But your statement is and was false

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well, I was of the opinion that the Wild were going to win the series anyway.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

That’s fair. They’re a good team and probably the best suited to take out the AVs honestly.

Even healthy the Blues don’t have the D corps to make any type of deep run.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

That’s fair. They’re a good team and probably the best suited to take out the AVs honestly.

I know for a team like the Blues, and the Bruins, for that matter, any injury affects the proper "slotting" of the lineup.

But geez, the way you guys were carrying on.. :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

I know for a team like the Blues, and the Bruins, for that matter, any injury affects the proper "slotting" of the lineup.

But geez, the way you guys were carrying on.. :lol

It’s all part of a process to prepare one’s mind for the inevitable…..so when it happens I don’t kick my dog…..I just accept it and move on.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Yeah, I am by no means saying, "The Blues would have won the series if not for the injuries."  The series was basically a pick 'em, and something like this really tilts it.  The bummer is that it sounds like Krug won't return any time soon, and he is a big loss on the PP.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Florida be Florid'g.  I didn't think they were legit.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Florida be Florid'g.  I didn't think they were legit.

Neither did I, but I thought they'd get by Washington. Washington sleepwalked through the season and I was worried about them, but they have shown up for the playoffs a different team.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I can't believe they let that goal stand against Nashville. The Avs guy clearly went skate to skate with the goalie.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
It was the Avs, so I believe it. :lol

The 5th goal was one of those WTF goals.  You can't expect to win a playoff game when your goalie has his head that far up his ass.  Good gracious.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I can't believe they let that goal stand against Nashville. The Avs guy clearly went skate to skate with the goalie.

Yeah. That was bad. Clear interference

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
This Rangers/Pens game is weird, wild stuff. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I have no idea how Rick Bowness can even concentrate on the game! :omg:

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah, that was bonkers.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Dallas was one team I would have never expected had a chance.  Flames better get their heads out their asses.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
With the exception of Colorado, I felt any of the other #1 Seeds could be vulnerable.

Offline crazy climber dude

With the exception of Colorado, I felt any of the other #1 Seeds could be vulnerable.

Well, they might be up 3-0....and it seems like they are playing with a different mindset/confidence from the last couple of years. But..

- Kuemper's eye injury not supposed to be "serious", but he's questionable for Game 4. And even moving forward, it's difficult to know how it might affect him in the coming games.

- Francouz is a very credible backup, but initially you could see Nashville gaining more confidence when they tied it up at 2-2 in Game 3....the first goal against Francouz. Granted, Ingram looked human after a stellar 49 save showing in Game 2. But the goaltending musical chairs is not typically a good thing for any team in the playoffs.

- This core team still hasn't done it in the playoffs yet, so there's always some trepidation until they get over that hurdle of advancing past the second round. I noticed in spite of the great regular season (as they did in previous years), a lot of the predictions in this thread had them losing their second round matchup again.

- Even with Kuemper unaffected by the injury, the competition gets tougher in each round....and he has to prove he's ready for THAT as well.

So I think they are looking VERY good, but every team is vulnerable. The Kentucky Derby favorite was winning the race down the backstretch yesterday, but the 80-1 odds horse came from behind and won at the wire.  :o

Offline Anguyen92

Dallas was one team I would have never expected had a chance.  Flames better get their heads out their asses.

All right, well, I didn't think the Flames was going to murder the Stars on the scoresheet like the Avs have done against the Predators or what the Oilers have done to the Kings.  That stated, I expected a lot of suffocating, physicality, and tight low one-goal games, which is what this series has brought.  Joe Pavelski just keep finding ways to score against the Flames.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

I don’t wanna talk about it.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Charlie McAvoy ruled out for Game 4....Covid protocols.  WTF?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Huge loss. Huge.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well, he's no Nick Leddy.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
WOOOOT!  GAME 6 I WILL BE THERE!!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Worst part, I have game 6 tickets. 

Fantasy!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Seriously. After the 1st 2 games, they were outclassed. Crazy.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Charlie McAvoy ruled out for Game 4....Covid protocols.  WTF?

Huge loss. Huge.

Fuck all you guys do is complain!!   :biggrin:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
The Blues outshoot the Wild 18-5 in the 1st period.

Score is 1-1.

Of course.  :facepalm: :facepalm: