Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 82872 times)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

That game should have ended in regulation. Instead, Igor makes the second most saves ever in a playoff game but the Penguins still win. The refs owe the Rangers a win.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
While I personally think that ruling on the GI was wrong, I can see the case for why it was GI.  And there was still 3 minutes left - enough time for the Pens to potentially tie it up again.  As I said, the Hockey Gods ruled. 

Puck don't lie.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Is it possible for the Bruins to suffer a 4 game sweep in just two games?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Anguyen92

I noted that at this beginning of the playoffs, three teams have already resorted to playing their 3rd string goalies due to injuries.  Hurricanes, Penguins, and Predators.  I hope this is not a trend moving forward.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 08:10:38 PM by Anguyen92 »

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
I Fn hate hockey. Blues dominating the Wild holding them shot less for the first 11 minutes of the game then……broken stick on a pass from our D leads to a Wild goal and a gift wrapped PP for the Wild for breathing heavy in the direction of Kaprizov and they go up by 2. This sport is determined to give me a coronary.

***edit**** make that two horse crap calls for touching Kaprisov
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 08:22:19 PM by gmillerdrake »
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Is it possible for the Bruins to suffer a 4 game sweep in just two games?

Don't watch the next 2 games. Mission accomplished. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
They are overmatched.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
They are overmatched.

Yup. I feel like you and I knew this going in.

Worst part, I have game 6 tickets. 

Fantasy!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Boston looks bad.

Leafs almost made it interesting. Matthews had the puck wired for top corner, blocker side .... that went off the shaft of Vasilevsky’s twig. That would’ve made it 5-4 with about 2 mins to go. That place would’ve been rocking had that happened.

Refs again were whistle happy again - 7 PPs for the Bolts.  11 total in each of game 1 and 2. FFS, just let them fucking play.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Leafs and Canes are the B's Kryptonite this year.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
5 - 0. I'm going to bed.  I will be fucking upset if i wake up tomorrow to a 6-5 loss.

Online Anguyen92

5 - 0. I'm going to bed.  I will be fucking upset if i wake up tomorrow to a 6-5 loss.

Oh don't worry about it, it ain't happening today.  The Kings aren't playing like they are going to pull that off today.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Still lots of scoring.  Where's the 'playoff' defense!?!?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Still lots of scoring.  Where's the 'playoff' defense!?!?

In Carolina…

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Where's the 'playoff' defense!?!?

Speaking of....the Blues may be F'd. Nick Leddy, who...while I hated the trade at the time has been rock solid since coming to the Blues and stabilized our D....was out of last nights game dealing with the aftermath of being boarded from behind with no call. And then, in last nights game....Bortuzzo took a puck to the head while blocking a shot from about 8 foot away. It looked brutal. He didn't return and I'm guessing the dude has a concussion....wouldn't be shocked if they said his skull was fractured. Right off the side of the head at the edge of the helmet where it meets the skin. Ooof.

'If' neither one of those guys return this series just took a major turn because the rest of the Blues defenders are greener than crap. Still infuriated at the hockey Gods for the broken stick that led to a turnover that changed the tide of that game last night but I also wasn't expecting a sweep or the Blues to win that one anyway....just frustrating.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Tough break Gary.  I hear ya man.  I wasn't expecting a W last night either (TB hasn't lost 2 games in a row since they were swept by CBJ), so it's gonna be a tough slog, even if they remain fully healthy.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Holy fuck.  That kind of shit is scary, and amazing it doesn't happen more frequently.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Holy fuck.  That kind of shit is scary, and amazing it doesn't happen more frequently.

It truly is.

A few weeks back I took a slapshot to the elbow in my Sunday Night League standing in front of the net looking for a tip play......

In the immediate aftermath I literally could not move my hand or fingers...it was freaking weird....and this small knot started to form:

With some help I managed to get my gear off and get home....was icing it and finally started to be able to move my fingers and hand but then it just started to blow up I went to a 24 hour urgent care because it was freaking killing me anytime I move my arm:

XRays showed no fractures or breaks so I just had to deal with it and it just kept blowing up and filling with fluid....on Wednesday I went in to an Orthopedic Surgeon to see if the fluid should be drained and he told me nope. That I'd essentially bruised my radial nerve and that I was lucky to get mobility back in my hand and fingers so quick because he's seen it last for weeks sometimes months..

Those pics were from that Wednesday.....went on a fishing trip with my Dad from Thursday through Sunday and while the reeling of the poles was uncomfortable I think it helped moving it around. Just kept popping Ibuproferin

Offline pg1067

Oh don't worry about it, it ain't happening today.  The Kings aren't playing like they are going to pull that off today.

We're just going to pretend that game didn't happen.  JFC!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I went to bed at 3-0 last night as I was sick and exhausted and could tell it was one of those nights.  The Blues probably outplayed the Wild in the 1st period, yet the Wild seemingly scored on every decent chance they had.

Leddy and/or Bortuzzo (ouch indeed!) being out could definitely be a series changer.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Blues are F’d. Just recalled Santini so that doesn’t bode well on the injury front.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Now THAT’S more like it! More of that please Rangers!
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline romdrums

No kidding. Hope he's okay!

I know shot blocking has gained prominence over the last decade or so, but man, let the goalie have that one and take out the guy next to your goalie so he doesn't get a chance at a rebound.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

I know shot blocking has gained prominence over the last decade or so, but man, let the goalie have that one and take out the guy next to your goalie so he doesn't get a chance at a rebound.

Hockey players are a rare breed, as dropping down to block shots is almost a source of pride for them.  It is amazing that more do not get hurt like the way Bortuzzo did. 

I did chuckle a while back when Colton Parayko (who has a wicked slap shot) said Al MacInnis (who was known for having a crazy hard shot) once told him, "If guys drop down to block your shots, just keep shooting. Trust me, they will eventually get out of the way."  :lol :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I know shot blocking has gained prominence over the last decade or so

It's not just in the Pro's either....the kids on my 12U team I coached this year were big on blocking or trying to block shots and pumped each other up when someone got a block. Like Kev said....it's a big 'pride' and recognition thing that's filtered it's way into youth as well.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich

It's not just in the Pro's either....the kids on my 12U team I coached this year were big on blocking or trying to block shots and pumped each other up when someone got a block. Like Kev said....it's a big 'pride' and recognition thing that's filtered it's way into youth as well.

Not just youth. I see it in men's league too.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

True....I am one of those who goes out of my way to block shots in my Sunday night league. It's just the way I am when it comes to competing....was catcher in baseball that got beat up by foul tips and blocked pitches....and just carry that mind set.

But there's really no need to be doing so given there are no scouts at our games, no league standings or prizes.....and I'm 46.  :lol

Offline pg1067

Just for funsies...10 years ago today!

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich

True....I am one of those who goes out of my way to block shots in my Sunday night league. It's just the way I am when it comes to competing....was catcher in baseball that got beat up by foul tips and blocked pitches....and just carry that mind set.

But there's really no need to be doing so given there are no scouts at our games, no league standings or prizes.....and I'm 46.  :lol

I hear ya. I'm a D man with precisely zero offensive capabilities. Shot blocking was my bread and butter

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I can't even be mad at this debacle tonight.  The Wild are too good and too hot to beat when you're down three of your starting six defensemen.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Big win for the B's. My brother and I need them to win one more so we can go to game 6.  We have tickets and want to surprise my nephew.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I can't even be mad at this debacle tonight.  The Wild are too good and too hot to beat when you're down three of your starting six defensemen.

Yeah. Looks like the Blues are the injury sacrifice in the first round. Add in not getting the bounces and ‘puck luck’ that teams that go deep get and you’ll get a first round exit. Just no way to make much noise with missing three of your starting D.

Online Anguyen92

The Kings ain't fairing so hot as well so far.  Getting crushed by the special teams and obviously hard to stop McDavid/Draisaitl when they get going.  Plus, Mike Smith seems to be reigned in from his crazy antics when he has the puck.  Could use Doughty or Arvidsson atm.  Having Arvidsson could maybe just be a little enough on the offense that can turn into something big.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah. Looks like the Blues are the injury sacrifice in the first round. Add in not getting the bounces and ‘puck luck’ that teams that go deep get and you’ll get a first round exit. Just no way to make much noise with missing three of your starting D.

That's tough luck guys, seriously.  Any team would be fucked with only 50% of their D.

Leafs hung on for a solid one-goal playoff victory ... with 2 x ENs just so that we all didn't have palpitations right up to the final buzzer.  Campbell made a pair of unreal saves in the 3rd when it was 3-2 - one in particular on the PK .... a cross ice one-timer from Kuch-to-Stammer in the faceoff dot.  I had already screamed out FUCK before the puck went in Campbell made the save, and I seriously... 1/2 the arena had already left their feet to cheer the goal.  Check the highlights boys.  I was dumbfounded.

NHL.COM has the clip - https://www.nhl.com/video/campbell-shuts-down-stamkos/t-333417390/c-11620316

The other save (which led to the PP for Tampa and the save on Stammer) is at 6:55 of the 'condensed game' video - https://www.nhl.com/video/first-round-gm3-tor--tbl/t-278313242/c-11618364
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 05:42:05 AM by jingle.boy »