Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 82938 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
@ Chad...How did Owen Power look in the game last night?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
@ Chad...How did Owen Power look in the game last night?

Not bad.  Not out of place.  He stopped a 2-on-1 pass from Gio to Matthews early in the 1st.  Although, everyone in the arena knew there was a 1000% chance that Gio was gonna pass it, so it wasn't terribly difficult to read.  Not sure how much ice time he had, I didn't notice him out there too much.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Anguyen92

Well...you can scratch off Ryan Hartman from the list of Lady Byng candidates.

Fined only $4,250.00 for that.  Is that the price to pay for giving the finger to Evander Kane?  I feel like some players would want to pay that price to do that in most times.

Offline pg1067

Well...you can scratch off Ryan Hartman from the list of Lady Byng candidates.

Fined only $4,250.00 for that.  Is that the price to pay for giving the finger to Evander Kane?  I feel like some players would want to pay that price to do that in most times.

Considering what he did in the game against the Kings, I imagine you could collect that amount in a couple days at letsgokings.com.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
What in the hell has happened to the Flyers over the last few years?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

They lost Dave Hakstol.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

They lost Dave Hakstol.

Seattle's gain, apparently. :lol

Offline jammindude

They lost Dave Hakstol.

Not necessarily. The Flyers are 7 points over us! Only Montreal is currently worse than us. And with only one point separating us, that’s in jeopardy.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

They lost Dave Hakstol.

Not necessarily. The Flyers are 7 points over us! Only Montreal is currently worse than us. And with only one point separating us, that’s in jeopardy.

You missed Chad’s joke.

Offline romdrums

They lost Dave Hakstol.

:lol
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

They lost Dave Hakstol.

You missed Chad’s joke.

Just like Hakstol is missing the playoffs.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Tarasenko looking like his old self again tonight, with two goals, including a highlight reel one reminiscent of the one he had against the Rangers years ago.

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1514765584587624457

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Tarasenko looking like his old self again tonight, with two goals, including a highlight reel one reminiscent of the one he had against the Rangers years ago.

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1514765584587624457

He got the empty netter also. But he’s not the story…..Robert Thomas, another 5 assists. Kid is becoming next level. 51 assists now…..20 goals. He’s 22
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Yep, it's a thrill seeing the potential with Thomas get realized.  A few weeks ago, the Blues looked like a one and done playoff team, but they are getting hot at the right time. You never know.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice to see the comeback game by the Leafs, bitch-slapping the Caps. Also nice to see the Bruins losing 3 in a row.  Also nice to see Tampa needing OT against the Ducks. They are looking like a very tired team. I think the Atlantic standings are set ... though the Leafs could certainly find a way to lose home ice advantage.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Nice to see the comeback game by the Leafs, bitch-slapping the Caps. Also nice to see the Bruins losing 3 in a row.  Also nice to see Tampa needing OT against the Ducks. They are looking like a very tired team. I think the Atlantic standings are set ... though the Leafs could certainly find a way to lose home ice advantage.

Puleeze...

The Bruns are playing like ass right now, but they're pretty beat up right now.
No top goal scorer
Missing 2 of your top 3 d-men

Swaymen, who took over for Ullmark after HE got injured was nails in the 3rd period. Could've been 6-2.

Calling it now...the Bruins miss the playoffs next year. Guaranteed if Bergeron retires after the season.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Ouch. I did t realize all that. If it were any other team/city, I might feel a little bad for them. But alas, it’s Boston.

Suck it up, buttercup.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I wasn't reacting to you busting Boston's chops, it's your Leafs takes that are vomit inducing. ;D

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Tim is a drama queen Chad.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Tim is a drama queen Chad.

You're being a bitch tonight. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Lolol. I just don't think the demise is one player I admire with all my heart.  Though, I do not trust Sweeney at all.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I just don't think the demise is one player I admire with all my heart. 

I don't know what this means.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I’m sorry, did your healthy team go 1-3 against fucking Buffalo?  Blow a 5-1 lead ... TWICE.  Have a sub .900 save percentage for almost 3 full months?

Nothing is assured with the Leafs.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Except losing in the first round.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I’m sorry, did your healthy team go 1-3 against fucking Buffalo?  Blow a 5-1 lead ... TWICE.  Have a sub .900 save percentage for almost 3 full months?

I think they may have played down to the competition. Didn't the leafs just go 3-0 against Bos/Fla/Tampa? Maybe it's a bad matchup, but guess what...they won't face Buffalo in the playoffs.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Except losing in the first round.

I think they may have played down to the competition. Didn't the leafs just go 3-0 against Bos/Fla/Tampa? Maybe it's a bad matchup, but guess what...they won't face Buffalo in the playoffs.

Close, 2-0-1... Florida was the game they blew a 5-1, 2nd period lead.  As for 'playing down to the competition' ... yeah, that's part of it, and they've done it far too often this year.  In the last 11 games they've played agains playoff-qualifying teams, they're 9-1-1.  These are the things we Leafs fans try to keep reminding ourselves; not the history of what Kev felt the need to remind everyone of.

This team is a Jeckyll/Hyde sometimes.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
RIP Mike Bossy.  One of my earliest favorite hockey players.  Man that guy could put the biscuit in the basket.  Still the all-time goals/game leader

Offline romdrums

Love how the Wings shut out the Canes last night while getting outshot over 2 to 1.  Ned was amazing in goal, and Seider had another great all around game.  I'm really hoping the Wings win the draft lottery and get Shane Wright, although, failing that, Connor Geekie or Brad Lambert would be nice consolation prizes.

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
RIP Mike Bossy.  One of my earliest favorite hockey players.  Man that guy could put the biscuit in the basket.  Still the all-time goals/game leader

Oh no!!!!

Literally my all time favorite player.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Mike Bossy was a scoring machine.  I didn't get many memories of him since the Islanders dynasty was coming to a close right when I really started watching hockey and I was really young, but a quick look at the history books tells the tale.  R.I.P.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So when I say I've been a lifelong hockey fan, it's really true. My parents said that my first big word was hockey. My grandfather was a huge Bruins fan and it rolled down from there.

Mike Bossy was my favorite player of all time.

Because we didn't have cable, I remember sleeping at my grandmother's house (who lived in the city and had cable) so I could watch the Stanley Cup Finals in both 1983 and 1984. My father would pick me up on the way to school. I thought a lot about these times today.

I have his autobiography in my attic. It's a great read.

Just watched the NHL network mini package on Bossy, and I was crying like a baby. The world opens up for 12 year old kids, and my eyes were on two things...hockey and music.

Mike Bossy was my hockey idol.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
So when I say I've been a lifelong hockey fan, it's really true. My parents said that my first big word was hockey. My grandfather was a huge Bruins fan and it rolled down from there.

Mike Bossy was my favorite player of all time.

Because we didn't have cable, I remember sleeping at my grandmother's house (who lived in the city and had cable) so I could watch the Stanley Cup Finals in both 1983 and 1984. My father would pick me up on the way to school. I thought a lot about these times today.

I have his autobiography in my attic. It's a great read.

Just watched the NHL network mini package on Bossy, and I was crying like a baby. The world opens up for 12 year old kids, and my eyes were on two things...hockey and music.

Mike Bossy was my hockey idol.

Wow.. I knew the Isles were your second team, but didn't realize how deep that connection was. Those are some great memories TAC.

I attended some of those cup-winning playoff games way back when. Too many Isles memories to recount, but one in particular: Garry Howatt forgot his skates for a photo shoot at our local rink and he spotted me on the sidelines with mine slung over my shoulder. He came over to see if he could borrow them, which was an automatic. When the shoot was over, I ask him how they fit... He said "a little tight" lol. He came back with 2 hockey sticks, a righty Gord Lane and a lefty Anders Kallur and since I shoot left, I snagged the Kallur. And I still have those CCM Tacks. Oh yeah and Lorne Henning was also in on the shoot and when I passed by the dressing room, I had the misfortune of catching him in all his naked glory.

But my favorite player from that era was Bobby Bourne.

More recently, my beer league team managed to recruit Garth Snow to play on D for a few seasons. We also convinced Miro Satan to play in one of our games, but he was clearly embarrassed at being there and never came back.

"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Did you catch this as well, Tim?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8VutLh0N0Q

Man.... I didn't know he was drafted 15th overall?!?!?  Too bad he couldn't have stayed healthy... 1000 goals is not far fetched.  Too many great players with shortened careers - Lemieux and Orr obviously as well.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Wow.. I knew the Isles were your second team, but didn't realize how deep that connection was. Those are some great memories TAC.

I attended some of those cup-winning playoff games way back when. Too many Isles memories to recount, but one in particular: Garry Howatt forgot his skates for a photo shoot at our local rink and he spotted me on the sidelines with mine slung over my shoulder. He came over to see if he could borrow them, which was an automatic. When the shoot was over, I ask him how they fit... He said "a little tight" lol. He came back with 2 hockey sticks, a righty Gord Lane and a lefty Anders Kallur and since I shoot left, I snagged the Kallur. And I still have those CCM Tacks. Oh yeah and Lorne Henning was also in on the shoot and when I passed by the dressing room, I had the misfortune of catching him in all his naked glory.

But my favorite player from that era was Bobby Bourne.

More recently, my beer league team managed to recruit Garth Snow to play on D for a few seasons. We also convinced Miro Satan to play in one of our games, but he was clearly embarrassed at being there and never came back.

Oh hell yes!

Off the top of my head, with no peaking..

Bossy
Trottier
Gillies
Goring
Nystrom
Tonelli
Howatt
Bourne
D. Sutter
B. Sutter
Merrick

Potvin
Langevin
Persson
Morrow

Smith
Resch

Oddly, you referenced 3 guys in that awesome story that I couldn't come up with.

I spent last night staring at the pics from our visit down there for the Goring ceremony. What an amazing time!

Did you catch this as well, Tim?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8VutLh0N0Q

Man.... I didn't know he was drafted 15th overall?!?!?  Too bad he couldn't have stayed healthy... 1000 goals is not far fetched.  Too many great players with shortened careers - Lemieux and Orr obviously as well.

Thanks for the link Chad. I couldn't wait to get home and watch it. That stat about his final year was amazing...still .60 goals per game.
His goals per game was .75. He scored in three out of every four games. For his career. Think about that.

We played hockey when I was a kid up in Pierrefonds Quebec, and there was a junior team there...the Pierrefonds Pirates, and Tim Bossy, Mike's brother played for them. Don't think I didn't refer to myself as Tim "Bossy" when I was playing on the ice or in my driveway.

@Gord, I think you will attest, that it wasn't the goals he and his line did score, but it was the ones they didn't. I mean, they were so close to scoring on every shift.