Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 80841 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I LOVE HOCKEY!!!

Of course you do - a shutout of the defending champs and best team in the league will do that for ya!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TheCountOfNYC

I LOVE HOCKEY!!!

Of course you do - a shutout of the defending champs and best team in the league will do that for ya!

I’m beyond happy with how the Rangers have been playing this season.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online TheCountOfNYC

People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jammindude

Did anybody see this incredible story?

https://www.nhl.com/news/kraken-fan-warns-canucks-equipment-manager-of-cancerous-mole/c-329375240

I just heard about it when I was watching the game Saturday night. That’s truly amazing!
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Did anybody see this incredible story?

https://www.nhl.com/news/kraken-fan-warns-canucks-equipment-manager-of-cancerous-mole/c-329375240

Yep, read about that in the Athletic yesterday. Really cool.

Yeah, I caught it on nhl.com, and it also made the national news last night.   :tup
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I have decided that I'm going to buy the Center Ice package next year. There's never any games on. I'll be fine the rest of this year as the Bruins are basically playing every other night.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Anguyen92

Thanks Rangers for beating the Oilers today in regulation.  All of these other teams in the Pacific in this screenshot appreciate it.

Online TheCountOfNYC

Thanks Rangers for beating the Oilers today in regulation.  All of these other teams in the Pacific in this screenshot appreciate it.

Ugh. We helped the Kings? Gross lol.

-MirrorMask

Online Anguyen92

I mean you also helped the Sharks and Canucks and I'm not excited about that.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
McDavid has COVID.  Guess a bunch of the Devils, Isles and Rangers are bound to get it now

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
McDavid has COVID.  Guess a bunch of the Devils, Isles and Rangers are bound to get it now

McCovid. ;D

Devils in Boston tonight!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline romdrums

Doesn't he wear #63 for the Bruins?  ;)
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online pg1067

Is he lookin' for a soul to steal?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Is he lookin' for a soul to steal?

The B's were in a bind, they were way behind..

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Damn, PK Subban is a shell of himself. WTF happened to him? He fell off a cliff after Montreal traded him.

Online Anguyen92

I don't know.  He was still all right when he was in Nashville in the first few years after that trade.  In the last few years with the Devils... Not so much.  Chalk it up to injuries perhaps and not able to return to solid form?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn, PK Subban is a shell of himself. WTF happened to him? He fell off a cliff after Montreal traded him.

Ehh…..even when he was at his best he was overrated. He’s a POS anyway…..egotistical…..horrible for a locker room and has received entirely too many accolades for being an average to slightly above average defenseman.

It’s befitting he’s a shell of his former self.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Ehh…..even when he was at his best he was overrated. He’s a POS anyway…..egotistical…..horrible for a locker room and has received entirely too many accolades for being an average to slightly above average defenseman.

It’s befitting he’s a shell of his former self.

Gary, I know he wasn't in your division, but we saw him 8 times a year and he was a beast when he was younger. I totally understand not liking him, but he was a great player in Montreal. His prime would prove to be quite fleeting as it turns out, but he deserved whatever accolades he received when he was in Montreal.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Yeah, I gotta agree with Tim and Chad. Norris trophy PK was elite in the league. Something happened to him along the way. Maybe the breakup with Lindsey Vonn destroyed his confidence or something, but, then again, he was already on the decline by then (if I have my timing correct).

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll defer to you guys who got to see him multiple times a year in his 'prime' and take your word for it. Maybe there was a short time there where he was 'elite'. The Subban I saw after he was traded to the Predators never hinted at being anything other than a slightly above average defender.......an egotistical, selfish, POS player......and horrible locker room guy. Who also got away with (and still does) egregious penalties because that was just PK being PK.

What your teammates say about you, the way you carry yourself and type of person you are go a long way.....and for me especially, I don't think you have the right to be included in the conversation as elite or the best if your a POS person.

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
I'll defer to you guys who got to see him multiple times a year in his 'prime' and take your word for it. Maybe there was a short time there where he was 'elite'. The Subban I saw after he was traded to the Predators never hinted at being anything other than a slightly above average defender.......an egotistical, selfish, POS player......and horrible locker room guy. Who also got away with (and still does) egregious penalties because that was just PK being PK.

What your teammates say about you, the way you carry yourself and type of person you are go a long way.....and for me especially, I don't think you have the right to be included in the conversation as elite or the best if your a POS person.

Hard to call him a POS person. His philanthropy speaks for itself, and goes much further than many professional athletes. I won't argue he's not selfish or egotistical (most NHL players are the latter to some degree), but I wouldn't call him a POS person. Brett Hull called St. Louis fans a bunch of losers. Does that make him a POS person, too? Probably not.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Hard to call him a POS person. His philanthropy speaks for itself, and goes much further than many professional athletes. I won't argue he's not selfish or egotistical (most NHL players are the latter to some degree), but I wouldn't call him a POS person. Brett Hull called St. Louis fans a bunch of losers. Does that make him a POS person, too? Probably not.

I guess to me there's philanthropy that's bore from a genuine spot in your heart and soul and then there's philanthropy that bore from a need to feel good about yourself and feed your ego....and try and buy your way out of being a horrible person and have the ability to point to it in times when your true colors are exposed and say "look...see...Look what I did for......"

I have my opinion as to which sect PK's philanthropy falls into. Could be entirely off base. Hope that's the case.

As far as Brett Hull goes Brett Hull has said a LOT of things that are brutal. He also said he wouldn't piss on Mike Keenan if he were on fire. But to a man every single player or coach you talk to said they'd take him as a teammate any day of the week. He has an ego the size of every city he's played in as well but the difference is he never let that get in the way of him being a great teammate and a player who played the game 'right'. You won't get that consensus with PK. There are no equal comparisons to be made between those two players anyway.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Oh Brett Hull is definitely a POS.

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich

I guess to me there's philanthropy that's bore from a genuine spot in your heart and soul and then there's philanthropy that bore from a need to feel good about yourself and feed your ego....and try and buy your way out of being a horrible person and have the ability to point to it in times when your true colors are exposed and say "look...see...Look what I did for......"

I have my opinion as to which sect PK's philanthropy falls into. Could be entirely off base. Hope that's the case.

As far as Brett Hull goes Brett Hull has said a LOT of things that are brutal. He also said he wouldn't piss on Mike Keenan if he were on fire. But to a man every single player or coach you talk to said they'd take him as a teammate any day of the week. He has an ego the size of every city he's played in as well but the difference is he never let that get in the way of him being a great teammate and a player who played the game 'right'. You won't get that consensus with PK. There are no equal comparisons to be made between those two players anyway.

On that, we can certainly agree.

As for the philanthropy, it's entirely possible he does it for those reasons you listed. Doesn't change the fact that there's many, many others who don't donate millions of dollars AND are genuine pieces of shit. I'll take a charitable shit over a regular one any day.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Ha. Crosby’s a freaking baby.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Was wondering when the league I mean refs would show up for the home team

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
So is this what it’s like playing the Penguins? Home cooked calls to make sure they don’t get embarrassed?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
So is this what it’s like playing the Penguins? Home cooked calls to make sure they don’t get embarrassed?

Yep.

The defensemen pushes a Blue into their own goalie and we get a penalty for goalie interference.

And then Crosby gets away with interfering with Binnington on the tying goal, we lose the challenge, and then Pittsburgh scores on the PP.

NHL officiating at its best tonight.  :lol :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

And then Crosby gets away with interfering with Binnington on the tying goal, we lose the challenge, and then Pittsburgh scores on the PP.

That was a legit goal, sorry.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

That was a legit goal, sorry.

The Blues defender should have been smart and just cross checked Crosby into Binnington. Based on the standard the refs had set earlier in the period, that would have been goalie interference for allowing yourself to be physically pushed into the goalie by a defender. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I didn't see the earlier play. I just tuned in right before that goal. In a vacuum, the Crosby goal is a goal. But the refs can sure be inconsistent.

Online TheCountOfNYC

Ha. Crosby’s a freaking baby.

Was wondering when the league I mean refs would show up for the home team

Just a taste of what it’s like to be a fan of one of the other seven teams in the Metro division. There’s a reason why I hated the Penguins more than the Devils, Flyers, and Islanders for a long time, and I still hate them more than any other team that isn’t the Islanders.

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
That's the problem.  Goalie interference, like PI in football, is never called the same way, and it's basically like throwing a dart as to how it will be called.  It blows because Binnington played lights out for most of the game and it was all for naught, but it's just one game in the middle of the season.