Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 80845 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. Olympics in China possibly in Jeopardy?
« Reply #525 on: December 18, 2021, 12:52:07 PM »
Yep, the odds of NHL players being at the Olympics are lower than zero at the rate this is going.

They're going to need to reschedule games lost here during that break. No idea what their plan is.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Anguyen92

Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. Olympics in China possibly in Jeopardy?
« Reply #526 on: December 18, 2021, 12:55:58 PM »
Rescheduling games is tough because you have to plan it around other events that’s already scheduled at the various venues.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Anguyen92

Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. No NHL players in Olympics 2022. Can't even blame Bettman.
« Reply #528 on: December 21, 2021, 11:55:57 AM »
At least, the main reason why they didn't go had nothing to do with the owners and the players having huge disagreements on whether or not the players should be sent.  We can't even blame Bettman for this and he's the easy punching bag for stuff like this.  That's what really makes me mad.  Can't even blame Bettman.

Online Anguyen92

Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. No NHL players in Olympics 2022. Can't even blame Bettman.
« Reply #529 on: December 28, 2021, 05:20:04 PM »
Wooo.  Games are back.  I guess.  Three games today.  Kings are playing their first game back at the newly named Crypto.com Arena against the Golden Kngihts.  Alex Turcotte (their first round pick, 5th overall in 2019) finally makes his NHL debut.  Let us rock.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #530 on: December 28, 2021, 05:29:15 PM »
Last night’s Kraken game was postponed and now they are postponing another game against the Jets next week. This is ridiculous.

Are they still having the winter classic on NYD?
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #531 on: December 28, 2021, 05:33:03 PM »
I mean as of right now, yes.  We'll see what happens in four days.  Hopefully, Blues and Wild don't end up having their guys on protocols which can cause a big downer to what's typically a nice yearly game, outdoors in a stadium.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #532 on: December 28, 2021, 05:44:49 PM »
So, ESPN+ isn't actually a TV channel? WTF?? Hockey for the first time in a week, and neither of the two channels are fucking carrying the game? This blows. >:( :censored >:(
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #533 on: December 28, 2021, 06:09:48 PM »
Apparently, regarding the ESPN side of things, the games are on their streaming platforms rather than on the tv channels (not like the TNT games where they are on the tv channel on Wednesdays).  Is that right?

Edit:  Also, for those watching the World Juniors tourney, I'm reading that Canada is kicking Austria's asses pretty hard at the moment. 11-2.  Connor Bedard (a guy that could be picked #1 in the 2023 draft, it seems) has scored four goals in that game.

Edit x 2:  Well, the Kings got slaughtered.  That wasn't fun.  I don't want to talk about it.  On another note, the Sharks/Coyotes game ended with the score being 8-7 and ended in a shootout???
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 11:46:40 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #534 on: December 29, 2021, 05:30:38 AM »
Edit:  Also, for those watching the World Juniors tourney, I'm reading that Canada is kicking Austria's asses pretty hard at the moment. 11-2.  Connor Bedard (a guy that could be picked #1 in the 2023 draft, it seems) has scored four goals in that game.

I didn't bother watching that game, as I knew it was gonna be a blow out.  But yeah, Bedard is only the 7th Canadian to ever play at the world juniors as a 16 year old ... joining the likes of Gretz, Lindros, Spezza, Crosby, McDavid.  He's likely the next coming of McDavid.  Also, the USA had to forfeit their game due to 2 positive tests.  Hopefully they turn out to be false positives.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #535 on: December 29, 2021, 01:23:00 PM »
Well, per Bob McKenzie, the World Juniors is looking to be cancelled.  Players testing positive, forfeited games.  It's a clusterf*** it seems.  This ain't going to be a good week for the IIHF.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/1476285734717779972

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #536 on: December 30, 2021, 05:44:01 AM »
Well, per Bob McKenzie, the World Juniors is looking to be cancelled.  Players testing positive, forfeited games.  It's a clusterf*** it seems.  This ain't going to be a good week for the IIHF.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/1476285734717779972

Yeah, this royally sucks - mostly for these kids, but for the fans as well.  I always love this tournament.  I guess a 2-day pre-tourney quarantine for players wasn't sufficient.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #537 on: December 30, 2021, 10:12:49 PM »
Any of you guys that have been hockey fans for a long time ever been fans of a team that ended up just doing really poorly all season without ever (or maybe rarely) actually getting blown out? Like they just seem to be in almost every game, but the breakaways always seem to bounce off a post, or the perfect open pass seems to always bounce over a stick. Or like most games are just lost by a single goal that came so close to going the other way?

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #538 on: December 30, 2021, 10:14:24 PM »
Kev…..do you want to take that one or should I?  :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jammindude

« Reply #539 on: December 30, 2021, 10:27:15 PM »

Oh boy…I got a feeling I’m in for some stories.  :rollin

Offline romdrums

« Reply #540 on: December 31, 2021, 06:57:08 AM »

Oh boy…I got a feeling I’m in for some stories.  :rollin

They're both Blues fans, so prepare yourself!  ;D
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #541 on: December 31, 2021, 07:10:06 AM »

The floor is yours, sir. ;) :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #542 on: December 31, 2021, 02:08:56 PM »
Any of you guys that have been hockey fans for a long time ever been fans of a team that ended up just doing really poorly all season without ever (or maybe rarely) actually getting blown out? Like they just seem to be in almost every game, but the breakaways always seem to bounce off a post, or the perfect open pass seems to always bounce over a stick. Or like most games are just lost by a single goal that came so close to going the other way?

I've not looked at any stats, but I image that, at least for the past 25 years, the average margin of victory in all NHL games is somewhere between 1-2 goals.  Blowouts are the exception, not the rule.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #543 on: December 31, 2021, 02:42:51 PM »
Wild one for the Devils this afternoon against Edmonton. We blew leads of 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, and 4-3, and then when the game was tied at 4 in the third got absolutely hosed on a (non) call to give Edmonton a 5-4 lead. The refs signaled for a delayed penalty called against NJ and despite multiple Devils touching the puck play wasn't whistled dead until Edmonton had scored a goal. We challenged and the refs spent about 5 minutes reviewing before coming back and saying that a missed stoppage isn't a reviewable call so the goal would stand. Tied it at 5 with 30 seconds left and then won it in OT.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #544 on: December 31, 2021, 04:42:14 PM »
That blown call was brutal. Look for a rule change in the off season to prevent that in the future.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #545 on: December 31, 2021, 05:34:10 PM »
The refs signaled for a delayed penalty called against NJ and despite multiple Devils touching the puck play wasn't whistled dead until Edmonton had scored a goal.

I didn't see it, but merely touching the puck doesn't cause a stoppage.  The team being penalized must gain "control of the puck," and it's possible to touch the puck without gaining control.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #546 on: December 31, 2021, 05:42:59 PM »
The refs signaled for a delayed penalty called against NJ and despite multiple Devils touching the puck play wasn't whistled dead until Edmonton had scored a goal.

I didn't see it, but merely touching the puck doesn't cause a stoppage.  The team being penalized must gain "control of the puck," and it's possible to touch the puck without gaining control.

When you see the replay, you’ll see it was BS.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #547 on: December 31, 2021, 07:56:57 PM »
Especially because there was a specific example from earlier in the game where there was a delayed penalty on Edmonton and the play was whistled dead immediately when the one of their players touched the puck. All good though, still got the win. And Hughes sniping home the game-winner through McDavid's legs was a nice touch :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #548 on: December 31, 2021, 08:18:35 PM »
The Rangers beat the two time defending champions. God I love hockey.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #549 on: December 31, 2021, 08:19:45 PM »

When you see the replay, you’ll see it was BS.

I just watched it. WOW!

I mean, Hamilton clearly SHOT THE PUCK!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
And there is NO WAY the ref couldn’t have seen that - he was less than 5 feet away, with his arm already up. Not to mention the Hughes touch a few seconds later.

The Hockey Gods got the call right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
It’s so weird watching the outdoor games because of how slow the ice surface is…..and how choppy…..it’s like slo mo.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
It’s so weird watching the outdoor games because of how slow the ice surface is…..and how choppy…..it’s like slo mo.

I'm getting frostbite just watching the game. :lol

For those unaware, the temp around the start of the Blues/Wild game tonight at the outdoor Winter Classic was -6 (and it was said to feel like -25).

Online Anguyen92

I read that the ice condition was so cold that they actually had to warm it up to improve the quality.  Something that would never happen if an outdoors game would be either in California or Vegas.

Earlier today, the Blues didn't think the weather was going to be an issue for them.  It was like their dress code today was wear shorts and unbuttoned shirts.  Sandals optional.

https://twitter.com/StLouisBlues/status/1477388813454487560
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 07:51:24 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I saw that earlier.

Hockey players are a different breed.  :lol :lol

Offline jammindude

The first couple of Kraken/Canuck games were just fairly standard hockey games.

But I’m starting to see a true rivalry form. There’s a lot more (and harder) hitting. Two majors for fighting in the first 5 minutes, a lot of pushing and shoving and taunting in the aftermath…

I think it’s starting to get personal.  :xbones

Offline TheCountOfNYC

The first couple of Kraken/Canuck games were just fairly standard hockey games.

But I’m starting to see a true rivalry form. There’s a lot more (and harder) hitting. Two majors for fighting in the first 5 minutes, a lot of pushing and shoving and taunting in the aftermath…

I think it’s starting to get personal.  :xbones

That’s amazing to hear. Sports rivalries are always fun, and the prospect of a Vancouver-Seattle rivalry is one of the things that excited me most about the Kraken coming into the league.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Hey Rich... what's the talk on Edmonton up there?  Is Tippett on the hot seat.  They have not fared too well lately.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Hey Rich... what's the talk on Edmonton up there?  Is Tippett on the hot seat.  They have not fared too well lately.

I think he's on the hot seat, and i know my friends would like him fired today.  Sportsnet had an article this weekend suggesting that consistency is more important now than a change, but Tippett's coaching decisions lately have been abysmal.  A few more games like the back to back this weekend and he's done for sure. The McDavid Draisaitl window won't be open forever. TSN talk radio is flooded with angry fans

Offline TheCountOfNYC

I LOVE HOCKEY!!!

-MirrorMask