Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 80778 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. New Jersey has a new Jersey with the word Jersey in front.
« Reply #385 on: December 02, 2021, 05:01:17 AM »
What a glorious ass-raping the Leafs handed the Avs last night.  Their 3rd string goalie got put in unexpectedly after Kuemper was injured in the morning skate, and the team left him hanging out to dry on at least 4 of the Leafs' goals, while he let in a couple of ones that he should've played better.  Matthews with the hattie, and all three goals were nasty - the first was particularly filthy.  Check out the highlights if you haven't seen it already.

@ JD... NHL fans are always glad to have "new" ones come into the fold.  Nice to see the Kraken looking decent (last nights loss notwithstanding) lately.  I mean, they have more regular time wins than Dallas and Tampa - the latter leading the league in "ties"
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jammindude

Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. New Jersey has a new Jersey with the word Jersey in front.
« Reply #386 on: December 02, 2021, 03:45:40 PM »
I'm actually really impressed with their play since the 6 game losing streak.   2-1-1 on the recent road trip and 4-1-1 in their last 6.   And a few of those wins have been against really good teams.   But I think a real test is coming tomorrow when we get a rematch with the Oilers at home.   The wins against the Canes, Capitols and Panthers on the road prove that we are capable of pulling off a win, and we are certainly playing better now than we were when we went to Edmonton in October. 

What I was not expecting is the 3+GAA from Grubauer.  I haven't looked at all the stats line by line, but so far Driedger is playing better...but suddenly turned up on the injured list after his last win, so I'm not sure what's going on there.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #387 on: December 02, 2021, 05:31:55 PM »
Blues season just got even more interesting. Binnington and Faulk out the next (10) days with COVID protocols. 6 games in the next 11 days out your #1 goalie and a defender who has been a beast the last two years. Already down Bozak from COVID and you know there will be more.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #388 on: December 02, 2021, 11:18:18 PM »
I didn't watch the Kings/Flames game due to recovering from the booster shot.  Looking at the stats, once again, the Kings lose a one goal game.  17 of the 22 games has came done to being either tied or the score being within one goal in the last 5 min. and the Kings haven't been winning those battles.  Don't think this team is as bad on paper as it seems, but man, it's disheartening to continuously lose these kinds of one-goal games and it brings up all of the what-ifs at seasons-end.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #389 on: December 03, 2021, 04:57:16 AM »
Man alive can Forsberg (G, Ott) be streaky.  49 SOG by the 'Canes last night, and he looked like a 2-time Vezina winner.  He's done the same to Toronto in the past.

Buffalo buffalo'g last night.  Up 4-1 half way thru the 2nd, and lose 7-4.  :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #390 on: December 03, 2021, 06:16:37 AM »
Blues season just got even more interesting. Binnington and Faulk out the next (10) days with COVID protocols. 6 games in the next 11 days out your #1 goalie and a defender who has been a beast the last two years. Already down Bozak from COVID and you know there will be more.

Yep, should be interesting to see how they do in the next two weeks. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #391 on: December 03, 2021, 10:59:12 AM »
I didn't watch the Kings/Flames game due to recovering from the booster shot.  Looking at the stats, once again, the Kings lose a one goal game.  17 of the 22 games has came done to being either tied or the score being within one goal in the last 5 min. and the Kings haven't been winning those battles.  Don't think this team is as bad on paper as it seems, but man, it's disheartening to continuously lose these kinds of one-goal games and it brings up all of the what-ifs at seasons-end.

This game had all the earmarks of the Sutter-era Kings.  Obviously, that's not surprising since Darryl Sutter coaches the Flames.  Once the Flames went up 3-1, it was over.

The Kings aren't a bad team, but there's so much youth on the roster.  They're not there yet, but they're getting there and might be there by the end of the season.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #392 on: December 03, 2021, 07:51:29 PM »
Apparently the Krakken have yet to win against anyone in the division. This might jinx it,  but i don't think that stat will be any different after the Oil  roll through tonight.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #393 on: December 03, 2021, 07:54:32 PM »
Apparently the Krakken have yet to win against anyone in the division. This might jinx it,  but i don't think that stat will be any different after the Oil  roll through tonight.

My hopes are 50/50. I think I’d be happy if we just made them nervous.

BTW….Kraken Dark Rum + a good root beer = a Kraken Barrel. You’re welcome.  :yarr

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #394 on: December 03, 2021, 08:17:54 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jammindude

Offline jammindude

« Reply #396 on: December 03, 2021, 10:45:22 PM »
WHAT A NERVE WRECKING THIRD PERIOD!!!

I’ll take the win…but I need another drink! :xbones

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #397 on: December 04, 2021, 04:41:27 AM »

you fool... you should've known better than to post this!

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #398 on: December 04, 2021, 07:50:38 AM »

Was bound to happen at some point.  If i start believing in that kind of superstition, then i might as well start believing in all of them.  Next thing you know I'll be wearing the same underwear every game day,  sleeping in my jersey the night before games,  and foregoing shaving during playoffs

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #399 on: December 04, 2021, 11:11:16 AM »

Was bound to happen at some point.  If i start believing in that kind of superstition, then i might as well start believing in all of them.  Next thing you know I'll be wearing the same underwear every game day,  sleeping in my jersey the night before games,  and foregoing shaving during playoffs

You mean you don't!?!?!  I thought this was common practice.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #400 on: December 04, 2021, 04:51:10 PM »
My nephew is playing in between periods of the B's/Lightning on the garden ice tonight.   Earlier today, he got his 1st ever penalty.   Lol

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #401 on: December 04, 2021, 05:43:43 PM »
Someone wearing those colors and sitting in the penalty box just seems so right. :P

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #402 on: December 04, 2021, 05:49:15 PM »
 :lol

It's blue and gold.  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #403 on: December 04, 2021, 05:51:06 PM »
Close enough!!  :biggrin:

Jokes aside, good for him though, seriously.  :tup :tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #404 on: December 04, 2021, 05:57:48 PM »
He is a hockey nut.  My brother's work is done. Lol

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #405 on: December 04, 2021, 10:25:01 PM »
My nephew is playing in between periods of the B's/Lightning on the garden ice tonight.   Earlier today, he got his 1st ever penalty.   Lol

Looks like he’s indeed feeling shame… ;)

That had to be an awesome experience for him though!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #406 on: December 05, 2021, 01:39:06 PM »
Bruins,without Marchand and MvAvoy, played their best game of the year last night and lost to the Lightning in OT. I didn't like how Swayman played Stamkos' GWG, but for the first time this season, the Bruins take a point out one of their losses.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #407 on: December 05, 2021, 06:23:48 PM »
Here's something I don't think we've talked about much this season, but I know we are all keeping an eye on.  Alex Ovechkin has made it to 750 goals in his NHL career yesterday. 

16 goals away from Jagr.  51 goals away from Howe. 144 away from Gretzky.  Ovi started a 5 year deal this season.  I think he can do it.  I think he can beat Gretzky.  Didn't think that last season, due to him not playing a lot due to protocols, etc. and that lockouts and the Covid stoppage definitively put that quest in doubt.  Nowadays, I'm leaning more towards I think he can break all-time goal record.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #408 on: December 05, 2021, 06:47:08 PM »
Sorry wrong thread.  :blush
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 08:18:29 PM by jammindude »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #409 on: December 05, 2021, 06:53:05 PM »
Sooooo

This Chiefs/Broncos Game is looking ugly early. And it’s my understanding that this is the one that they flexed in in order to remove the Seahawks 49ers game? The one that ended on a dramatic final play? And was infinitely entertaining to watch?

Wouldn't this be more appropriate for the ...um..NFL thread, or should we go there to get our Kraken update?

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #410 on: December 05, 2021, 07:03:44 PM »
Sooooo

This Chiefs/Broncos Game is looking ugly early. And it’s my understanding that this is the one that they flexed in in order to remove the Seahawks 49ers game? The one that ended on a dramatic final play? And was infinitely entertaining to watch?

Wouldn't this be more appropriate for the ...um..NFL thread, or should we go there to get our Kraken update?

^^^^^this all day long^^^

Offline jammindude

:facepalm:

Obviously posted in the wrong thread.  >:( :censored

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #412 on: December 05, 2021, 08:50:16 PM »
Here's something I don't think we've talked about much this season, but I know we are all keeping an eye on.  Alex Ovechkin has made it to 750 goals in his NHL career yesterday. 

16 goals away from Jagr.  51 goals away from Howe. 144 away from Gretzky.  Ovi started a 5 year deal this season.  I think he can do it.  I think he can beat Gretzky.  Didn't think that last season, due to him not playing a lot due to protocols, etc. and that lockouts and the Covid stoppage definitively put that quest in doubt.  Nowadays, I'm leaning more towards I think he can break all-time goal record.

He has a real shot, but it will be a matter of  will be how productive he can stay and will he stay healthy.  I am sure he will play as long as possible to try and get the record.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #413 on: December 06, 2021, 04:56:19 AM »

He has a real shot, but it will be a matter of  will be how productive he can stay and will he stay healthy.  I am sure he will play as long as possible to try and get the record.

This exactly.  And how good the rest of the team continues to play.  He still needs good players around him to give him the chances to get this kind of goal production.  Obviously, if he stays health, and if the team keeps talented players, and if Father Time doesn't take a toll on him, he can do it.  Those are 3 big "ifs" though.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Awards:
Hart - McJesus (Matthews, Barkov)
Art Ross - McJesus (Panarin, Point)
Rocket - Matthews (Debrincat, Rantanen)
Norris - Makar (Hedman, Jones)
Vezina - Vasilevsky (Lehner, Varlamov or Sorokin ... whoever wins the #1 job)
Adams - Colliton (Gallant, Green)
Calder - Caufield (no clue)
Selke - no clue

Man, I really am the kiss of death.  At least Gallant is doing well!

Not looking too good on my team standing predictions either (particularly with the Isles, Flyers, Hawks and Canucks).  Vigneault has to be the coach next on the hot seat, no?  Despite the Isles record (and current 11 game winless streak), I can't see Trotz being in trouble.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 06:44:31 AM by jingle.boy »

Offline romdrums

« Reply #415 on: December 06, 2021, 06:56:32 AM »

This exactly.  And how good the rest of the team continues to play.  He still needs good players around him to give him the chances to get this kind of goal production.  Obviously, if he stays health, and if the team keeps talented players, and if Father Time doesn't take a toll on him, he can do it.  Those are 3 big "ifs" though.

Ovi only needed 79 games to go from 700 to 750, which is quite a bit faster than the other guys that scored that many goals.  Gordie Howe took 106 games, Gretzky 116, and Jagr 182.  Ovi's on pace for 70 goals this season.  He'll likely cool off, but still, he can net 50 this year, which is crazy.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. Vancouver/Philly. Coaches ain't safe there, atm.
« Reply #416 on: December 06, 2021, 08:48:21 AM »
And right on cue, Green and Vingeault are out.

I think Vingeault gets another job quick enough. I'm betting  Travis Green is done in the league.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #417 on: December 06, 2021, 08:51:07 AM »
And the thread title change was hilariously  well-timed  :rollin

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #418 on: December 06, 2021, 10:21:14 AM »
Well, it started off with the Canucks' coach being fired with the implication that Benning is next.  Then Benning got fired, so I had to change the title to reflect that Canucks is going through an organizational shift and now Vingeault is out, and there's only so many characters I can use.

On another note, Bruce Boudreau (Caps, Ducks, Wild) is now the coach for the Canucks.  Maybe he can try to inject some heart into that team.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 10:26:48 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #419 on: December 06, 2021, 10:46:06 AM »
Boudreau is a great coach.  He got shafted with the past few years of the Wild.  Clearly, the front office has done a great job at rebuilding that team.