Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 80792 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. New Jersey has a new Jersey with the word Jersey in front.
« Reply #350 on: November 25, 2021, 05:09:14 AM »
Speaking of helmets, what the fuq was with those mirrors the Kings had on their heads last night?  Aye carumba!  Nice to see the Leafs offense come alive. 

^^ This is how they get you.  They just give you some form of hope, when all seems futile, until it gets crushed in some way later down the line.  The Kings gave me that hope in that 7 game winning streak and naturally, they have fallen hard in the last five.  Sometimes, hope is what we are looking for in our hockey teams and what keeps people around if they are not perceived to be good.

Pretty much.  Impressive to beat the Canes, though.

The Canucks and Islanders simply do not look good, and it's gonna be a tough haul for them to get into the playoffs.  Calgary is surprisingly excellent - though, I guess it shouldn't really be too surprising with Sutter behind the bench.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. New Jersey has a new Jersey with the word Jersey in front.
« Reply #351 on: November 25, 2021, 06:27:54 AM »
Just checked in on the scoring leader board...Kadri is top five with 25pts? How on earth did that happen?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #352 on: November 25, 2021, 06:45:25 AM »
Just checked in on the scoring leader board...Kadri is top five with 25pts? How on earth did that happen?

Yeah... I noticed that this morning as well.  Likely because MacKinnon has only played 8 games so far this year.  He's actually a pretty talented player, just a complete douche-waffle (dare I say even bigger than Marchand  :omg:)

Another stat I just noticed, TB only has 6 regular time wins, and leads the league in ties (going 5-3 in OT/SO). I wonder what the split on those ties is where they blew the lead, or came back.  Also, Seattle has 6 regular time wins.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #353 on: November 25, 2021, 07:28:25 AM »
Calgary is surprisingly excellent - though, I guess it shouldn't really be too surprising with Sutter behind the bench.

Was Jakob Markstrom not healthy the last couple of years? I thought he ws on his way to becoming one of the game's best goalies. He's playing great this year. #2 in both GAA and Save%.

And yes, Sutter makes a huge difference.

I guess they were ready to move on from Giordano. Perhaps the chemistry in the room is better without him.

The Flames made the Briuns look like an ECHL team last week.

And I also wanted to say that the Flames have one of my favorite uniforms in the league.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #354 on: November 25, 2021, 08:37:11 AM »
Clearly, Vancouver made the wrong bet on Demko vs Markstrom.

Flames logo has always been one of the better ones in the league.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #355 on: November 25, 2021, 08:38:39 AM »

Flames logo has always been one of the better ones in the league.

But it's not just the logo. Think the whole color scheme is awesome.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #356 on: November 25, 2021, 09:23:45 AM »
Calgary is probably the biggest surprise in the West for me (aside from Kadri's points, that is). Shocked the Flames only have 3 regulation losses. I thought they'd be battling for that 3rd spot in the Pacific, not for first with Vegas and the Oil.

As for Kadri, I would have figured he'd benefit from having MacKinnon in the lineup, not out of it. I know he's got some skill, but not point-a-game skill.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #357 on: November 25, 2021, 09:39:57 AM »
It’s nice of the Islanders to open up a third home arena for the Rangers. USB Arena will go nicely with MSG and Prudential.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #358 on: November 25, 2021, 09:55:12 AM »
It’s nice of the Islanders to open up a third home arena for the Rangers. USB Arena will go nicely with MSG andPrudential.

Adorable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CwrW3Sr-EI
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #359 on: November 25, 2021, 11:07:57 AM »
Another frustrating thing about that Kings/Leafs game yesterday, and this is outside of the on-ice stuff, was TNT kept showing Justin Bieber who was at the game any chance they could.  I will say this.  Biebs and the Leafs make a decent combo since a fair amount of people hate both of them anyway.  Who does the Kings have in that end?  Well, Snoop Dogg (which I don't think the Kings could actually claim, since I always thought he was a Ducks fan first), B-Real of Cypress Hill (who contributed to the winning ending song for games in The Crypt), and Wolfgang Van Halen.

Michael Buble remains the best of the famous musician hockey fan.  I'm sure he and The Hockey Guy (whose friends with Buble) probably have private conversations on how poorly the Canucks have been doing.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #360 on: November 25, 2021, 11:10:11 AM »
I love the Kings chrome helmet. 

the Devils new jersey reminds me of 80's grocery plain wrap.  Google it.  It was hilarious.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #361 on: November 25, 2021, 04:50:29 PM »
It’s nice of the Islanders to open up a third home arena for the Rangers. USB Arena will go nicely with MSG andPrudential.

Adorable

That was literally 10 seasons ago.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #362 on: November 25, 2021, 09:32:46 PM »

Adorable

Indeed, I just didn't have time to do more research before while cooking. From what a quick search turns up, the Rangers have won 25 out of 46 games since Prudential opened, so a little over 50%, don't think it qualifies as another "home".
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #363 on: November 26, 2021, 09:49:01 AM »

Adorable

Indeed, I just didn't have time to do more research before while cooking. From what a quick search turns up, the Rangers have won 25 out of 46 games since Prudential opened, so a little over 50%, don't think it qualifies as another "home".

This was also in reference to Rangers fans often outnumbering Devils fans at Prudential. This also happens at Islanders home games against the Rangers, but not quite as much as with the Devils.

EDIT: A fun fact I learned yesterday. The Rangers were the last New York team to win a game at Nassau Coliseum, and were the first New York team to win a game in UBS Arena.

-MirrorMask

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #364 on: November 26, 2021, 10:32:41 AM »
EDIT: A fun fact I learned yesterday. The Rangers were the last New York team to win a game at Nassau Coliseum, and were the first New York team to win a game in UBS Arena.

Well, the Sabres don't really have a high shot in accomplishing either of those anyway.

Edit: Also, wait a min., Islanders won Game 6 against Bolts at Nassau?  That doesn't count?  Unless you are referring to regular season games.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #365 on: November 26, 2021, 12:34:27 PM »

Well, the Sabres don't really have a high shot in accomplishing either of those anyway.

Edit: Also, wait a min., Islanders won Game 6 against Bolts at Nassau?  That doesn't count?  Unless you are referring to regular season games.

So what’s funny is, looking more into it, the Rangers lost their last game in Nassau Coliseum, so whoever came up with that fun fact was just being a troll.

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #366 on: November 27, 2021, 06:45:58 AM »
If the Blues could pull their heads out of their asses any time soon, that would be nice.  Losing to both the Red Wings and Hawks in the span of a few days is both gross and nauseating.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #367 on: November 27, 2021, 09:47:38 AM »
If the Blues could pull their heads out of their asses any time soon, that would be nice.  Losing to both the Red Wings and Hawks in the span of a few days is both gross and nauseating.

Ouch.  Your two most hated franchises!  That'd be like losing to the Habs and Bs for me.

Offline crazy climber dude

« Reply #368 on: November 27, 2021, 03:22:17 PM »
I thought it was funny watch Paranin throw his glove at Marchand, after the Rangers handed the Bruins their ass! Then watching Marchand's indignance....which is quite akin to a pot calling the kettle black! 

Offline jammindude

« Reply #369 on: November 27, 2021, 06:30:07 PM »
Nice bounce back for the Kraken after the shutout last night in TB. I’ll take a split in Florida (and breaking the Panthers 11-0-1 run at home doesn’t hurt).

On to Buffalo!
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #370 on: November 27, 2021, 08:09:01 PM »
Well, the Kings finally got a win on this homestand against the Sens, but that's not the main story I want to highlight here.

Around the 6:00 min. mark of the 3rd, Brady Tkachuk and Brendan Lemieux got into a bit of a scrap and it resulted in Lemieux apparently biting Tkachuk on the hand.  He may get suspended over this.  I kinda wished he saved some of that enthusiasm when the Kings face the Flames on 12/02 and go after Matthew Tkachuk.  The Tkachuk that's more of an annoying bee against the Kings in recent years.  It's also Darryl Sutter's first game in The Crypt against the Kings since he was fired from them in 2017.  I'm sure he'll be extra motivated (well, internally, not sure if he will express it given his typical demeanor) to rally his team to play really hard.

https://twitter.com/DanyAllstar15/status/1464787584882671619
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 08:15:30 PM by Anguyen92 »

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #371 on: November 28, 2021, 05:20:01 AM »
Nice bounce back for the Kraken after the shutout last night in TB. I’ll take a split in Florida (and breaking the Panthers 11-0-1 run at home doesn’t hurt).

On to Buffalo!

Not a bad week for the Kracken - beating the Caps, Canes, and ending Florida's home winning streak - all in regular time!

Now watch - they'll get shutout by Buffalo.   :lol

Weird hockey yesterday.... 2 goals by Pitt while 6-on-5, but 3 EN goals by Montreal.
Islanders finally get some re-scheduling relief - wonder why it took this long for the league to act?
Matt Murray placed on waivers
Jets finally cool off the Flames.  Hellebucyk has looked Hella-bad the last little while.

Lots of games for a Sunday today (6, not including the PPD Isles game).

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #372 on: November 28, 2021, 01:29:32 PM »
Oh boy, busy things are happening on a Sunday.

Evander Kane has been placed on waivers by the Sharks and they are willing to retain half of his cap hit if a trade happens.
Brendan Lemieux will have a on-call hearing about the biting, which would typically lead to suspension.  How many games remains to be seen.
Marc Bergevin is no longer GM of the Montreal Canadiens.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 01:46:40 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline dparrott

« Reply #373 on: November 29, 2021, 04:30:44 PM »

On to Buffalo!

Yessir!  :metal
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #374 on: November 29, 2021, 06:05:32 PM »

On to Buffalo!

Not a bad week for the Kracken - beating the Caps, Canes, and ending Florida's home winning streak - all in regular time!

Now watch - they'll get shutout by Buffalo.   :lol

You were saying?  :angel: :rollin

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #375 on: November 30, 2021, 07:33:33 PM »
Well, it's official.  Brendan Lemieux gets suspended for 5 games for biting Brady Tkachuk, last Saturday.  Honestly.  It's pretty much what I expected.  People wanted 10 games and yeah, that seems fair.  The cynic people probably thought 1-3 games since the DOPS is horribly inconsistent.  5 games is a middle ground sort of decision.  I don't condone the biting at all.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 09:23:53 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline romdrums

« Reply #376 on: December 01, 2021, 08:15:56 AM »
Well, it's official.  Brendan Lemieux gets suspended for 5 games for biting Brady Tkachuk, last Saturday.  Honestly.  It's pretty much what I expected.  People wanted 10 games and yeah, that seems fair.  The cynic people probably thought 1-3 games since the DOPS is horribly inconsistent.  5 games is a middle ground sort of decision.  I don't condone the biting at all.

So the sons of Claude Lemieux and Keith Tkachuk are up to dumb shit?  I'm shocked.  Shocked!!  ;)

Nice to see the Wings hang on to beat the B's last night.  Getting outshot 2-1 is not a sustainable path to success, but it's nice to see the Wings turning a corner.  No quit in this team!
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #377 on: December 01, 2021, 08:17:05 AM »
Nice to see the Wings hang on to beat the B's last night.

It was? :neverusethis:

Offline romdrums

« Reply #378 on: December 01, 2021, 08:23:35 AM »
Nice to see the Wings hang on to beat the B's last night.

It was? :neverusethis:

Yeah, especially considering the previous matchup the Bruins chased the Wings out of the building by a score of 6-1. :neverusethis:
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #379 on: December 01, 2021, 06:16:45 PM »
For you scorekeepers out there… how short is a power-play have to be for it to still be considered a power-play? If you get a power-play, and then 10 seconds later it becomes a 4 on 4, is that 10 seconds still considered a power play opportunity on the scorecard?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #380 on: December 01, 2021, 06:18:53 PM »
For you scorekeepers out there… how short is a power-play have to be for it to still be considered a power-play? If you get a power-play, and then 10 seconds later it becomes a 4 on 4, is that 10 seconds still considered a power play opportunity on the scorecard?

Yes, I believe it is.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #381 on: December 01, 2021, 07:51:27 PM »

Yes, I believe it is.

Yep. Even if it were only 1 second it would still be a power play.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline jammindude

« Reply #382 on: December 01, 2021, 08:34:44 PM »

Yes, I believe it is.

Yep. Even if it were only 1 second it would still be a power play.

That does seem a little dumb although I don’t have a solution. You could hypothetically  log 4 power plays in a night and not even get 20 seconds of power play time. That would look really crappy on the stat sheet.  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #383 on: December 01, 2021, 08:40:24 PM »

That does seem a little dumb although I don’t have a solution. You could hypothetically  log 4 power plays in a night and not even get 20 seconds of power play time. That would look really crappy on the stat sheet.  :lol

Don't forget at the end of a 1-goal game when one team gets a penalty when the goalie is pulled.  If the team winning gets a penalty, and can then shoot for the empty net without fear of a whistle for icing, scores in the empty netter when it is 4 on 6, they get credit for a short-handed goal.  That is a nice way to pad the stats. :lol

Realistically, instances like that probably do not happen often to where over the course of an 82-game season, they won't affect a team's PP or PK numbers much at all.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #384 on: December 01, 2021, 10:06:15 PM »
I want you all to know that even though I’ve been loosely following the NHL since 1982, I appreciate all of you holding my hand through my first full season as an NHL follower.

Let’s face it, there’s been a lot of rule changes since then anyway. :lol