Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. New Jersey has a new Jersey with the word Jersey in front.  (Read 4333 times)

fadetoblackdude7 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. New Jersey has a new Jersey with the word Jersey in front.
« Reply #350 on: November 25, 2021, 05:09:14 AM »
Speaking of helmets, what the fuq was with those mirrors the Kings had on their heads last night?  Aye carumba!  Nice to see the Leafs offense come alive. 

^^ This is how they get you.  They just give you some form of hope, when all seems futile, until it gets crushed in some way later down the line.  The Kings gave me that hope in that 7 game winning streak and naturally, they have fallen hard in the last five.  Sometimes, hope is what we are looking for in our hockey teams and what keeps people around if they are not perceived to be good.

Pretty much.  Impressive to beat the Canes, though.

The Canucks and Islanders simply do not look good, and it's gonna be a tough haul for them to get into the playoffs.  Calgary is surprisingly excellent - though, I guess it shouldn't really be too surprising with Sutter behind the bench.
If I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Happy is the dog that stops and licks his balls.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Offline SchecterShredder

Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. New Jersey has a new Jersey with the word Jersey in front.
« Reply #351 on: November 25, 2021, 06:27:54 AM »
Just checked in on the scoring leader board...Kadri is top five with 25pts? How on earth did that happen?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #352 on: November 25, 2021, 06:45:25 AM »
Just checked in on the scoring leader board...Kadri is top five with 25pts? How on earth did that happen?

Yeah... I noticed that this morning as well.  Likely because MacKinnon has only played 8 games so far this year.  He's actually a pretty talented player, just a complete douche-waffle (dare I say even bigger than Marchand  :omg:)

Another stat I just noticed, TB only has 6 regular time wins, and leads the league in ties (going 5-3 in OT/SO). I wonder what the split on those ties is where they blew the lead, or came back.  Also, Seattle has 6 regular time wins.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kip Rolled
« Reply #353 on: November 25, 2021, 07:28:25 AM »
Calgary is surprisingly excellent - though, I guess it shouldn't really be too surprising with Sutter behind the bench.

Was Jakob Markstrom not healthy the last couple of years? I thought he ws on his way to becoming one of the game's best goalies. He's playing great this year. #2 in both GAA and Save%.

And yes, Sutter makes a huge difference.

I guess they were ready to move on from Giordano. Perhaps the chemistry in the room is better without him.

The Flames made the Briuns look like an ECHL team last week.

And I also wanted to say that the Flames have one of my favorite uniforms in the league.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D
that's next level, man.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #354 on: November 25, 2021, 08:37:11 AM »
Clearly, Vancouver made the wrong bet on Demko vs Markstrom.

Flames logo has always been one of the better ones in the league.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kip Rolled
« Reply #355 on: November 25, 2021, 08:38:39 AM »

Flames logo has always been one of the better ones in the league.

But it's not just the logo. Think the whole color scheme is awesome.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D
that's next level, man.

Offline SchecterShredder

« Reply #356 on: November 25, 2021, 09:23:45 AM »
Calgary is probably the biggest surprise in the West for me (aside from Kadri's points, that is). Shocked the Flames only have 3 regulation losses. I thought they'd be battling for that 3rd spot in the Pacific, not for first with Vegas and the Oil.

As for Kadri, I would have figured he'd benefit from having MacKinnon in the lineup, not out of it. I know he's got some skill, but not point-a-game skill.

Online TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #357 on: November 25, 2021, 09:39:57 AM »
Itís nice of the Islanders to open up a third home arena for the Rangers. USB Arena will go nicely with MSG and Prudential.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.Ē

-MirrorMask

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #358 on: November 25, 2021, 09:55:12 AM »
Itís nice of the Islanders to open up a third home arena for the Rangers. USB Arena will go nicely with MSG andPrudential.

Adorable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CwrW3Sr-EI
Photobucket sucks.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #359 on: November 25, 2021, 11:07:57 AM »
Another frustrating thing about that Kings/Leafs game yesterday, and this is outside of the on-ice stuff, was TNT kept showing Justin Bieber who was at the game any chance they could.  I will say this.  Biebs and the Leafs make a decent combo since a fair amount of people hate both of them anyway.  Who does the Kings have in that end?  Well, Snoop Dogg (which I don't think the Kings could actually claim, since I always thought he was a Ducks fan first), B-Real of Cypress Hill (who contributed to the winning ending song for games in The Crypt), and Wolfgang Van Halen.

Michael Buble remains the best of the famous musician hockey fan.  I'm sure he and The Hockey Guy (whose friends with Buble) probably have private conversations on how poorly the Canucks have been doing.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #360 on: November 25, 2021, 11:10:11 AM »
I love the Kings chrome helmet. 

the Devils new jersey reminds me of 80's grocery plain wrap.  Google it.  It was hilarious.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #361 on: November 25, 2021, 04:50:29 PM »
Itís nice of the Islanders to open up a third home arena for the Rangers. USB Arena will go nicely with MSG andPrudential.

Adorable

That was literally 10 seasons ago.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.Ē

-MirrorMask

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #362 on: November 25, 2021, 09:32:46 PM »

Adorable

Indeed, I just didn't have time to do more research before while cooking. From what a quick search turns up, the Rangers have won 25 out of 46 games since Prudential opened, so a little over 50%, don't think it qualifies as another "home".
Photobucket sucks.

Online TheCountOfNYC

Adorable

Indeed, I just didn't have time to do more research before while cooking. From what a quick search turns up, the Rangers have won 25 out of 46 games since Prudential opened, so a little over 50%, don't think it qualifies as another "home".

This was also in reference to Rangers fans often outnumbering Devils fans at Prudential. This also happens at Islanders home games against the Rangers, but not quite as much as with the Devils.

EDIT: A fun fact I learned yesterday. The Rangers were the last New York team to win a game at Nassau Coliseum, and were the first New York team to win a game in UBS Arena.

-MirrorMask

Online Anguyen92

EDIT: A fun fact I learned yesterday. The Rangers were the last New York team to win a game at Nassau Coliseum, and were the first New York team to win a game in UBS Arena.

Well, the Sabres don't really have a high shot in accomplishing either of those anyway.

Edit: Also, wait a min., Islanders won Game 6 against Bolts at Nassau?  That doesn't count?  Unless you are referring to regular season games.

Online TheCountOfNYC

Well, the Sabres don't really have a high shot in accomplishing either of those anyway.

Edit: Also, wait a min., Islanders won Game 6 against Bolts at Nassau?  That doesn't count?  Unless you are referring to regular season games.

So whatís funny is, looking more into it, the Rangers lost their last game in Nassau Coliseum, so whoever came up with that fun fact was just being a troll.

-MirrorMask