Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 80773 times)

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
The times I've intentionally stayed up past 1:00 a.m. in the last 20 years have been few and far between.

Same here. Something must have gone horribly wrong with my day if I'm still awake at 1am

Offline jammindude

Arrrgggg….posting image links from Imgur used to work! I did it exactly like this for a few posts in the AC/DC thread and then it just stopped working and I can’t figure out why!

[old man yelling at cloud]
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich

Arrrgggg….posting image links from Imgur used to work! I did it exactly like this for a few posts in the AC/DC thread and then it just stopped working and I can’t figure out why!

[old man yelling at cloud]
Worked fine for me yesterday...

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Hey whaddya know..there's a game on tonight.

At 10 fucking PM! :censored

When do west coast games usually come on for you?  :angel:

Right?

It's why I always say I could never live on the east coast.  When the Kings play in other time zones, the games start between 4:xx and 6:xx, and Pacific time zone games start at 7:xx, and every regular season game is done by 10:30.  However, if you're in the eastern time zone, the games end no earlier than 10:00, and games in the Pacific time zone aren't likely to end until after 1:00 a.m.!  The times I've intentionally stayed up past 1:00 a.m. in the last 20 years have been few and far between.

It's only an issue in May/June to tell you the truth.  I don't remember the last time there was a west coast regular season game so compelling that I wanted to stay up for it.

I was a big Calgary fan back in the 80s and 90s, and fuck me hard back in '90 when they went to double OT against LA in Game 6, and again in '94 with game 7 vs Vancouver!  Thank god I was young, and not in school at the time.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Game 1 in the 1990 Stanley Cup finals between the Oilers & Bruins was so damn long I fell asleep and missed the Oilers goal in the 3rd overtime.  I was only 22 but I was working early at the time 6 am.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Anguyen92

I remember those days back in the 2014 Olympics where I was able to stay up until 2AM and 3AM to watch the hockey tournaments.  Don't think I can do that kind of stuff in 2022.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Game 1 in the 1990 Stanley Cup finals between the Oilers & Bruins was so damn long I fell asleep and missed the Oilers goal in the 3rd overtime.  I was only 22 but I was working early at the time 6 am.

I swear, there have been a few Blues playoff games that went so long that in my trying to stay awake phase, there were a few times where I thought, "I don't even care if we win, just somebody please score!" :eek :eek

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Petr fucking Klima!

I was at the end of my senior year of college and I watched it at the the TV room in the campus center. I was the only one sitting there when the GWG was scored. The Bruins never recovered.

That room was called Nick's Place, in honor of Nicholas Colasanto, who was also a graduate of Bryant College.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Petr fucking Klima!

I was at the end of my senior year of college and I watched it at the the TV room in the campus center. I was the only one sitting there when the GWG was scored. The Bruins never recovered.

That room was called Nick's Place, in honor of Nicholas Colasanto, who was also a graduate of Bryant College.

50/50 chance you don't know who that is.   :lol

Lots of close games last nigh - I think 3 went to shoot-out?

I sure hope the Leafs aren't 'peaking' right now, but man they look good.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It’s Coach from Cheers! :P :P :P
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
 :lol

How about this for a nugget.

The Pats have played more games than the Bruins this week. :lol

WTF NHL.  13 games so far. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jammindude

So this seems a little weird to me. Seattle just got called for high-sticking which I suppose it technically was. But the replay clearly showed that a Colorado player behind him hooked his stick and lifted it up so that it hit another player in the face.

Have you guys seen this kind of thing before? Because that seems pretty lame

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It's possible the ref didn't see that in real time.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
So this seems a little weird to me. Seattle just got called for high-sticking which I suppose it technically was. But the replay clearly showed that a Colorado player behind him hooked his stick and lifted it up so that it hit another player in the face.

Have you guys seen this kind of thing before? Because that seems pretty lame

Not uncommon.  The only time that can be reviewed, is if it is a 4-minute double minor (ie, blood was drawn from the high-stick).  If replays show it was the stick of a player from his own team, the penalty can be reversed.  If it's just a 2-minute penalty, it can't be reviewed, and it's a "whoops ... shit out of luck"

Shit happens.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Happy the Rangers won, but you gotta feel for the Sabres there, literally conceding the game winning goal in the last second of the game.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jammindude

Happy to see the Kraken breaking a six game losing streak by handing the Caps their first loss in 7.  :angel:  And Grubauer finally looked like Grubauer tonight (22 saves and 0 GA in the 3rd)

They are giving me more hope than the Seahawks right now. So bring on the Canes!

Offline Anguyen92

Happy to see the Kraken breaking a six game losing streak by handing the Caps their first loss in 7.  :angel:  And Grubauer finally looked like Grubauer tonight (22 saves and 0 GA in the 3rd)

They are giving me more hope than the Seahawks right now. So bring on the Canes!

Be careful what you wish for.  If the Kraken falls behind after two periods, the Hurricanes are just going to suffocate their opponents in the 3rd and not let anything in.  Last Saturday against the Kings was a good example of that.  That one and today's game against the Coyotes was a bummer.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Happy the Rangers won, but you gotta feel for the Sabres there, literally conceding the game winning goal in the last second of the game.

Buffalo be Buffalo'g.  4-4 ties seem to be a kiss of death for them - the Leafs got a 5-4 victory last week with the GWG coming with less than 10 seconds to go.  Not quite as dramatic as yesterday, but still.

Nice bounce-back by the Leafs after they slept-walked thru their game Saturday against the Pens - albeit against a COVID wounded Isles squad.  Cool to see a 23-year old rookie get his first NHL shutout.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 06:54:09 AM by jingle.boy »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Thank you Calgary for a late birthday gift.   :metal

:biggrin: @ Tim/Joe

Offline romdrums

:lol

How about this for a nugget.

The Pats have played more games than the Bruins this week. :lol

WTF NHL.  13 games so far.

And at the other end of that, the Wings and Habs are already at 20 games each!
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Anguyen92

Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. Jersey has a new Jersey with the word Jersey in front.
« Reply #336 on: November 24, 2021, 11:08:48 AM »
So the Devils brought out their 3rd jersey design and this is the end result..... People aren't really digging it.  I mean the non-logo part of the design is all right, but the logo itself.... Yeah....

https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/1463148457691123719

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. New Jersey has a new Jersey with the word Jersey in front.
« Reply #337 on: November 24, 2021, 11:36:40 AM »
Ehh....not a fan of those at all.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. New Jersey has a new Jersey with the word Jersey in front.
« Reply #338 on: November 24, 2021, 12:16:16 PM »
I'll be blunt ... it's fucking terrible.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Thank you Calgary for a late birthday gift.   :metal

:biggrin: @ Tim/Joe

I meant to get back to this...

The Bruins looked awful in this game. They just didn't seem into it. If Bergeron and Marchand aren't going, and they weren't, the Bruins have no offence. Pasta, perhaps still reeling from the loss of his child this summer, has been terrible.

What's worse is that Dan Vladar, the B's 3rd round pick in 2015 draft, shut out the Bruins. I mean, has there ever been a worse draft in the history of drafts? I mean, Brandon Carlo was a find, but when you have 3 mid first round picks, and three more 2nd round picks, and all you get is Brandon Carlo...WTF??

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #340 on: November 24, 2021, 01:00:49 PM »

Players/fans etc etc of New Jersey will be forced to say they like them because Brodeur designed them. I think he should stick to Enterprise commercials and public appearances.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #341 on: November 24, 2021, 01:22:39 PM »

Players/fans etc etc of New Jersey will be forced to say they like them because Brodeur designed them. I think he should stick to Enterprise commercials and public appearances.

I dunno man... those Enterprise commercials are awfully cringey.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #342 on: November 24, 2021, 01:24:21 PM »

I dunno man... those Enterprise commercials are awfully cringey.

I kind of liked them.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #343 on: November 24, 2021, 01:36:24 PM »
So the Devils brought out their 3rd jersey design and this is the end result..... People aren't really digging it.  I mean the non-logo part of the design is all right, but the logo itself.... Yeah....

So...

It's the new New Jersey jersey!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #344 on: November 24, 2021, 02:36:49 PM »

So...

It's the new New Jersey jersey!

Actually, it's the new New Jersey jersey.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #345 on: November 24, 2021, 07:33:44 PM »
In fact I'd go so far as to label it the new New Jersey "jersey" jersey. And yeah, pretty much nobody likes them :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #346 on: November 24, 2021, 08:03:34 PM »
It would be great if the band Helmet bought the ad space on the helmets.  Also, it’s too bad they don’t have anyone one on the team with the last name Shore with the number 69.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #347 on: November 24, 2021, 10:41:34 PM »
After losing six straight, we win two in a row both against winning teams.

Grubauer looks 100% better than he did when the season started. I don’t think it will last through the Florida road trip, but at least I feel a bit more like this team is finding their feet moving forward.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #348 on: November 24, 2021, 10:45:06 PM »
^^ This is how they get you.  They just give you some form of hope, when all seems futile, until it gets crushed in some way later down the line.  The Kings gave me that hope in that 7 game winning streak and naturally, they have fallen hard in the last five.  Sometimes, hope is what we are looking for in our hockey teams and what keeps people around if they are not perceived to be good.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #349 on: November 24, 2021, 11:43:30 PM »
^^ This is how they get you.  They just give you some form of hope, when all seems futile, until it gets crushed in some way later down the line.  The Kings gave me that hope in that 7 game winning streak and naturally, they have fallen hard in the last five.  Sometimes, hope is what we are looking for in our hockey teams and what keeps people around if they are not perceived to be good.

:rollin :rollin :rollin