Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 80793 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Proud family moment with my nephew playing on the Boston Garden ice today.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's awesome Joe. Make sure we get a heads up when they are broadcast.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Simply amazing!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Will do!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
My nephew gets to play at Roger's Place next weekend for his minor hockey game. It's right after the Edmonton Oil Kings game (WHL team), so all the kids go to the game then suit up for their own after. Amazing experience for these kids. Glad to hear Boston has some kind of program that lets kids have that experience.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
They film them and play them between periods on the Bruins broadcast.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
They film them and play them between periods on the Bruins broadcast.

What, no spoilers?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Oh they got crushed by the eventual winners in their division.

3 minutes,  no stop.  You win, you move on.  You lose, you are out.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh they got crushed by the eventual winners in their division.

3 minutes,  no stop.  You win, you move on.  You lose, you are out.

How was he after the game?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
He was good. Surprisingly.   I think the glow of playing in the Garden took over.

Hell, I was all stary eyed. Lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Been pretty good about not getting too upset about regular season losses but losing to the Canes tonight was about as mad as I’ve been. Simply because we ding the post and outplay them for 2 of the 3 periods and do everything but score in the third and then allow a basic screen shot goal to them for the winner. It is what it is I suppose and it was against a rookie 21 year old goalie but this L ticked me off a bit.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Been pretty good about not getting too upset about regular season losses but losing to the Canes tonight was about as mad as I’ve been. Simply because we ding the post and outplay them for 2 of the 3 periods and do everything but score in the third and then allow a basic screen shot goal to them for the winner. It is what it is I suppose and it was against a rookie 21 year old goalie but this L ticked me off a bit.

It's always a bummer to come back from a 2-0 deficit and have nothing to show for it in the standings (since it was a loss in regulation), but they still played well overall, which was nice to see.  It's a long season, so gotta take the good with the bad. :)

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I would've never thought Anaheim and Calgary would start this strong ... and conversely, I thought Vancouver and the Isles were going to be much better.  Isles are somewhat forgiven, having to start the season on a 5-week road trip; they finally get a home game this weekend.

Vegas and the Leafs (both 8-2 in their last 10) recovered nicely after shaky starts, but Nashville is the hottest team in the league??  Jersey and Detroit are also surprisingly competitive.

Damn it's good to be a hockey fan.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Welp.

The NHL postponed three Ottawa Senators games on Monday amid a COVID-19 outbreak on the team, the first time any of North America’s major professional sports leagues have been hit by rescheduling this fall because of the coronavirus.

Games scheduled for Tuesday at New Jersey, at home Thursday against Nashville and at home Saturday against the New York Rangers were postponed. Ten Senators players are currently in the NHL's COVID-19 protocol.

While Ottawa played shorthanded Sunday in a 4-0 loss to Calgary, the depth of the outbreak led to the decision to postpone games, which the league said was made in light of evidence of continued spread in recent days. The Senators are shut down through at least Saturday, with their training facilities closed to players until then as a precaution.

“The Senators organization has, and will continue to follow, all recommended guidelines aimed at protecting the health and safety of its players, staff and community at large as set by the NHL, local, provincial and national agencies,” the league said in a statement.

Neither the NFL nor the NBA has had to postpone a game so far this fall. Major League Baseball had nine virus-related postponements among 2,430 scheduled games, down from 45 in last year’s shortened 900-game schedule.

Offline Anguyen92

^^ Don't think this could be something that would stop the league from sending players to the Olympics, but certainly a step closer for the league wanting to be trigger happy about pulling out and I'm sure Bettman and co. want to be very trigger happy about wanting to pull out.

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1460345209838002181

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
No way the NHL backs out unless they absolutely have to.  They have almost no presence in the largest market in the world. The Olympics are exactly the exposure they want, otherwise they works have skipped them like the Korea games. It's going to take a lot more than a handful of canceled games for them not to showcase their stars in China.

Offline Anguyen92

Well, Staples Center is going to be renamed into Crypto.com Arena???  Just why AEG?  WHY?  Can't you find a better sponsor that can bring a better name?  Apparently, this is going to be part of a 20 year deal.  Is Crypto still going to be a thing for the next 20 years?

https://theathletic.com/news/staples-center-to-be-renamed-cryptocom-arena-as-part-of-20-year-naming-rights-deal-sources/tKIBSv6jWb1b/

The link is a paywall, but that was the source.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 10:39:59 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Losing at home to the Coyotes is embarrassing. I know it's a long season and there will be ups and downs, but jeez. Come on, Blues, get it together.  :censored :censored

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Losing at home to the Coyotes is embarrassing. I know it's a long season and there will be ups and downs, but jeez. Come on, Blues, get it together.  :censored :censored

Zoinks!

Another very entertaining game last night between the 2 hottest teams in the league... and a nice outcome too.  Leafs also get Kyle Clifford back, so the trade that brought Campbell to the Leafs is definitely looking more and more like a very big win for the Leafs - Trevor Moore and a couple of 3rd rounders was the cost for what is (currently) the best goalie in the league.  Hard to believe that James Reimer is also tied for 1st in GAA and SV%... on San Jose no less!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. Everyone still getting injured
« Reply #299 on: November 17, 2021, 06:45:58 AM »
I couldn't watch hockey last night other than live look-ins on the NHL network.

Just to reiterate what I said a couple of weeks ago...

How is it, with TWO networks carrying games, that there's never any fucking games on?? >:( :censored >:(

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #300 on: November 17, 2021, 07:21:21 AM »

How is it, with TWO networks carrying games, that there's never any fucking games on?? >:( :censored >:(

Sorry 'bout your luck (sincerely).  No problem up here - between TSN and SportsNet (both of which have 5 distinct broadcast channels), every Leafs game is aired, and (depending on blackout rules), I can view at least 1 or 2 other games any given night with the other 6 Canadian teams if I wanted to.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5

That was pretty bad. All sorts of chances to score but couldn’t bury the puck…..another soft game by Binnington who was playing on fire for a while…..last two games he’s looked wretched. Just an all around bad game. The best part about it for me was after the game when my youngest went full anger mode at the TV when they lost. A chip off the ol block  :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #302 on: November 17, 2021, 08:32:29 AM »

Sorry 'bout your luck (sincerely).  No problem up here - between TSN and SportsNet (both of which have 5 distinct broadcast channels), every Leafs game is aired, and (depending on blackout rules), I can view at least 1 or 2 other games any given night with the other 6 Canadian teams if I wanted to.
Yeah,  we're pretty fortunate up here.  Tons of coverage.  One of the only reasons i still have cable. Well, sports and the trash reality tv Mrs Schecter enjoys.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well I think the Bruins have played the least amount of games and they’re on a 5 day layoff this week.

It seemed like last year, the NHL network was also broadcasting games. I felt there was a game on every night.

Now I can’t find them.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Well I think the Bruins have played the least amount of games and they’re on a 5 day layoff this week.

It seemed like last year, the NHL network was also broadcasting games. I felt there was a game on every night.

Now I can’t find them.

Odd that they'd have a 5 day break this early in the season, or at all in a compressed Olympic year schedule.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
While the Avs have played the fewest games at 12, the B’s have only played 13. On our division, Montreal and Detroit have already played 18!!

And of the 13 Bruins games, one was on ESPN+, which is a subscription service and another one was opposite a Pats game at 1:00 on a Sunday! WTF??

Offline Anguyen92

Zoinks!

Another very entertaining game last night between the 2 hottest teams in the league... and a nice outcome too.  Leafs also get Kyle Clifford back, so the trade that brought Campbell to the Leafs is definitely looking more and more like a very big win for the Leafs - Trevor Moore and a couple of 3rd rounders was the cost for what is (currently) the best goalie in the league.  Hard to believe that James Reimer is also tied for 1st in GAA and SV%... on San Jose no less!

Congratulations.  They going to resign him at a fair price in the offseason?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Some people think he might take a bit of a discount to stay in Toronto; I'm not so sure.  I can see a 4x4 kinda deal.  One (arguably 1 1/2) terrific season isn't going to launch a 30-year old with only 150 NHL games under his belt into Grubauer territory or anything.

Offline pg1067

Well, Staples Center is going to be renamed into Crypto.com Arena???  Just why AEG?  WHY?  Can't you find a better sponsor that can bring a better name?  Apparently, this is going to be part of a 20 year deal.  Is Crypto still going to be a thing for the next 20 years?

Utterly stupid.

That building will never not be "The Stapler."
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Just for you, Chad. My friend's new pin.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Cheaper too!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hey whaddya know..there's a game on tonight.

At 10 fucking PM! :censored

Offline jammindude

When do west coast games usually come on for you?  :angel:
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jammindude

Ah… I see I’m not alone in being immediately drawn to Brandon Tanev.

And according to this quote from an ESPN article, there’s a reason he’s become a quick fan favorite in Seattle.

Tanev's cult status started with the headshot. The one he took while playing for the Penguins, bulging his eyes widely with a concerned look on his face. His explanation at the time: "I did actually see a ghost. It was walking behind the gentleman who was taking our pictures. Kinda caught me off guard."

When Tanev was drafted by the Kraken, he was one of the players who showed up in Seattle for the roster unveiling. The photo was shown to the crowd, to rolling laughter.

"We're a quirky set of people up here. Anyone that looks like he's a member of a grunge band in a mugshot is going to endear himself quickly," Patrick M said.

"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline pg1067

When do west coast games usually come on for you?  :angel:

Right?

It's why I always say I could never live on the east coast.  When the Kings play in other time zones, the games start between 4:xx and 6:xx, and Pacific time zone games start at 7:xx, and every regular season game is done by 10:30.  However, if you're in the eastern time zone, the games end no earlier than 10:00, and games in the Pacific time zone aren't likely to end until after 1:00 a.m.!  The times I've intentionally stayed up past 1:00 a.m. in the last 20 years have been few and far between.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung