Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 80790 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. Everyone still getting injured
« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2021, 04:56:37 AM »
The Blues lost the game, but mad props to Faulk for fighting his own battle and going at that piece of crap Kadri (who knocked Faulk out of the playoff last year with a dirty hit) and brawling with him.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2021, 04:59:15 AM »
The Panthers got fucked.

What??  That's your response for a 11 year cover up of a sexual abuse incident?  I suggest watching the interview with Kyle Beach, and see if what happened to the Panthers even registers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBpRpaNR2tg

regarding Keith... I just don't know how he (or Kane, or Toews) couldn't have known.  I'm just watching an interview with Paul Maurice, and man.... he looks really shook up.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2021, 06:04:09 AM »
Edmonton already lost the Keith trade.  This just might make it that much worse.  The NHL doesn't seem focused on the players right now though

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2021, 06:42:15 AM »
This whole situation is abhorrent. I read the entire legal report yesterday. It's mind-blowing. Can't say I'm surprised anymore, but its shameful and shows just how far we still have to go.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2021, 06:43:03 AM »
I saw one headline today where they refer to Kyle Beach as "Former Blackhawks Star". I never heard of the kid.

I believe he was a first round draft pick, so chances are you would've heard of him if the Blackhawks organization had a spine of any kind. The abuse ruined his career based on the interview.
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2021, 06:57:03 AM »
Yeah he was the 11th pick in 2008, so he likely would have made at least some sort of splash, even if not huge. He never played in the NHL after this.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline romdrums

« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2021, 07:25:43 AM »
Jonathan Toews' response to this was pretty mind-blowing as well. You're the captain and you don't know what's going on?  The fuck you don't!  And then vouching for the character of the leadership, nice victim blaming there "Captain Serious."  :tdwn >:(
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2021, 08:10:47 AM »
The Blues lost the game, but mad props to Faulk for fighting his own battle and going at that piece of crap Kadri (who knocked Faulk out of the playoff last year with a dirty hit) and brawling with him.

Yeah….and hopefully that’s all done now because that distraction cost them a game. They never were able to recover from the AVs getting the early PP although they didn’t score on it. Just set them behind.

And you knew they couldn’t go a game without the phantom ‘look in Mackinnons direction’ penalty. It’s ridiculous how protected he is. Don’t sneeze towards the dude.

Anyway…..even down OReily and playing an average game they only lost 4-3 so whatever…..they were due to lose
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2021, 09:39:01 AM »
Jonathan Toews' response to this was pretty mind-blowing as well. You're the captain and you don't know what's going on?  The fuck you don't!  And then vouching for the character of the leadership, nice victim blaming there "Captain Serious."  :tdwn >:(

Yeah, his comments really frustrated me the most out of this.  He's talking about Bowman like it was his last day of work in another job and he's moving on to bigger and better things and has nothing but good vibes for the guy.  Dude, read the room.  You can go ahead and say that kind of stuff in private or at a later time, but when all of this is happening and the mood and atmosphere in Chicago is pretty darn grim?  Yikes.  Some Captain.  That title is all garnish.  So much for "going to war" for your teammates (even the guys in the lowest position in the roster list).

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2021, 10:24:44 AM »
And lost in all of this is the young victim that this dude went on to molested due to the neglect of the Chicago Blackhawks, Quinville and the leaders on the team. It’s just and right that Beach is getting his chance to talk and getting some ‘justice’ but there’s at least one other victim if not more.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 11:29:13 AM by gmillerdrake »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2021, 10:28:55 AM »
Indeed.  Watch the interview with Beach if you haven't... that kid comes up and it's clear Beach carries an unfathomable amount of guilt over that.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2021, 11:36:23 AM »
Indeed.  Watch the interview with Beach if you haven't... that kid comes up and it's clear Beach carries an unfathomable amount of guilt over that.

I can tell you that when I was 18 and I heard/learned that the cousin who had 'done' things to me when I was 9 was then at that time babysitting young family members.....all the doubt and haziness that surrounded the memories and the wondering if it really even happened vanished instantly and game me a sense of dread and worry about those younger cousins of mine who he was babysitting and prompted me to admit to others what had happened.

I don't say that to try and piggy back off this horrible story or for even sympathy....I say it because of what you mentioned Chad. The guilt I felt in that moment when I learned that with zero shred of evidence that he had even done anything to them was overwhelming. I cannot imagine what type of burden and guilt Beach carries with him. I don't know if any amount of therapy or even forgiveness from the other victim could help him. That poor man. My heart goes out to him.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2021, 12:38:34 PM »
I was just thinking how much more personal this kind of story is to you, Gary.  Hugs to you man... I'm sure this is digging up a lot of shit for you.

I'm not sure I totally buy the reason for Cheveldayoff skating thru this, but he's safe for now.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2021, 12:50:05 PM »
I was just thinking how much more personal this kind of story is to you, Gary.  Hugs to you man... I'm sure this is digging up a lot of shit for you.

I appreciate the sentiment Chad and thank you. Fortunately, I’m at a spot in life where I’ve reconciled everything that happened to me and have essentially moved past it. When I see and read things like this my heart immediately breaks for the victims because I know how hard it is to handle and manage. I hope that Beach can find peace someday.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2021, 06:17:48 PM »

Yeah….and hopefully that’s all done now because that distraction cost them a game. They never were able to recover from the AVs getting the early PP although they didn’t score on it. Just set them behind.

And you knew they couldn’t go a game without the phantom ‘look in Mackinnons direction’ penalty. It’s ridiculous how protected he is. Don’t sneeze towards the dude.

Anyway…..even down OReily and playing an average game they only lost 4-3 so whatever…..they were due to lose

I think the rough play and sending a message was worth it.  It is just one game out of 82, and sending a message that the Blues will not let their guys get run without there being a receipt is the Berube influence.  After decades of seeing the Blues get pushed around and feeling like they never really fought back in the true sense, it is nice to see them show some balls, and I credit that largely to Berube.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2021, 08:52:21 PM »
^^ It's a good feeling when you are rooting for a team that has those kinds of intangibles.  I'm still wanting something like that out of the Kings in this current age.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2021, 09:15:54 PM »
What is this feeling? Is this…optimism? I still think the Rangers are a few years away from being a real contender, but they’re playing great hockey right now.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline pg1067

« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2021, 06:08:33 PM »
^^ It's a good feeling when you are rooting for a team that has those kinds of intangibles.  I'm still wanting something like that out of the Kings in this current age.

Hopefully today's game was a sign of things to come.  You picked a good one to attend!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2021, 06:56:10 PM »
Yeah, really good game to build on though.  I didn't go to that one as planned.  As stated before. 

Well, change of plans for me.  I was really eyeing seeing the Kings against the Habs next Saturday, but it turns out that my sister, her husband, and their young son is going to go to the game the next day against the Sabres and they got me a seat next to them.  Makes this decision a no-brainer.  It's a joy to see kids at their very first hockey game.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2021, 08:44:16 PM »
MAF was awesome in goal tonight for the Hawks, but the Blues get the one goal they needed and prevail 1-0. Binnington with a shutout. :hat :hat

Offline pg1067

« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2021, 04:20:06 PM »
Yeah, really good game to build on though.  I didn't go to that one as planned.  As stated before. 

Well, change of plans for me.  I was really eyeing seeing the Kings against the Habs next Saturday, but it turns out that my sister, her husband, and their young son is going to go to the game the next day against the Sabres and they got me a seat next to them.  Makes this decision a no-brainer.  It's a joy to see kids at their very first hockey game.

Today's game might be even better.  I didn't turn it on until right after the Bjornfoot goal.  If they played with this much energy every game, it would make for a helluva season!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2021, 06:33:21 PM »
Yeah.  I was nervous when the two Sabres goal back to back came off the rush, but after the first Kings goal, I was surprisingly as calm and assured that this was winnable as one could be after 40 min., down 2-1, in a section full of families and their children. 

Here was my view during the on-ice warmups.

Didn't think this place was going to be more than half-full today, but I think there was a couple thousand more people in attendance than I expected from what my eye sees.  They did ask for vaccine card and license.  That game went pretty faster in real-time than it would have been had I watched it at home.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 07:03:15 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline jammindude

« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2021, 09:22:28 PM »
OK, remember this is my first season of truly following a team on their journey in the NHL.

We currently have one of the best goaltenders in hockey, we have doubled up the shots on goal to the opposing team and yet we are still behind 2 to 1. Is this common? Because this is heartbreaking.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2021, 09:39:51 PM »
I've watched that 3rd period. There was no reason for the Kraken to lose that period.  Rangers goalie was pretty good and Rangers didn't have anything going at all in that period until they got a turnover that lead to the leading goal.  That was a sad uncommon thing to witness.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2021, 09:59:03 PM »
I've watched that 3rd period. There was no reason for the Kraken to lose that period.  Rangers goalie was pretty good and Rangers didn't have anything going at all in that period until they got a turnover that lead to the leading goal.  That was a sad uncommon thing to witness.

That is reassuring. After watching all of our games so far, I really feel like we are pretty scrappy and far more offensive than we were led to believe when the season started.

Before the season started, we were told point-blank that this team wasn’t going to score too many goals and was going to live and die by our defense. While the games have been fairly low scoring, I feel like we’re getting an incredible amount of offensive looks. And the score is not really reflecting how aggressive our offense has been so far this season.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2021, 04:47:50 AM »
OK, remember this is my first season of truly following a team on their journey in the NHL.

We currently have one of the best goaltenders in hockey, we have doubled up the shots on goal to the opposing team and yet we are still behind 2 to 1. Is this common? Because this is heartbreaking.

Yeah, don't be alarmed at that.  Common?  Not really.  Rare?  Not that either.  There are times when any given goaltender will look like a Vezina Trophy finalist (year end award for best goalie in the league), and then the very next game, couldn't stop a beachball.  Shersterkin is one of those goalies - he already stole a victory for the Rangers against the Leafs a couple weeks back.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #166 on: November 01, 2021, 05:29:12 AM »

A goalie who’s playing well can steal a game. It’s glorious to see when it’s your goalie doing it, but it’s infuriating when it’s against your team.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2021, 06:33:25 AM »

A goalie who’s playing well can steal a game. It’s glorious to see when it’s your goalie doing it, but it’s infuriating when it’s against your team.

Agreed... and what's even more infuriating is (as I mentioned), that goalie's very next game they let in 4 goals on 11 shots (or some shit like that).

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2021, 07:14:14 AM »

And, when it’s happening to your team you can usually get the sense of it early on. That it’s just not going to be your night because the opposing goalie just ‘has that look’ and has made a few saves early that shows they’re dialed in.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2021, 07:27:41 AM »

Just wait until the playoffs when a goalie can steal a whole series.  Go look up the 2003 playoffs and read up on the Anaheim v. Detroit series.  JS Giguere gave up almost nothing to the defending Stanley Cup champs and one of the most loaded rosters we've seen in the 21st century.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2021, 07:33:29 AM »

And, when it’s happening to your team you can usually get the sense of it early on. That it’s just not going to be your night because the opposing goalie just ‘has that look’ and has made a few saves early that shows they’re dialed in.

-MirrorMask

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #171 on: November 01, 2021, 07:58:05 AM »

Just wait until the playoffs when a goalie can steal a whole series.  Go look up the 2003 playoffs and read up on the Anaheim v. Detroit series.  JS Giguere gave up almost nothing to the defending Stanley Cup champs and one of the most loaded rosters we've seen in the 21st century.
Giguere was was near unbeatable that whole playoff. Pretty sure he's still one of few, if not the only, player to win the Conn Smythe from the losing side of the finals.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2021, 08:03:12 AM »

Giguere was was near unbeatable that whole playoff. Pretty sure he's still one of few, if not the only, player to win the Conn Smythe from the losing side of the finals.

Hextall in '87.  I'll never forget those finals.  That Phili team was just as stacked as the Oil, but the latter had the experience and Championship pedigree.

I think there's been a few others, I'd have to Google it though - edit... yup, there's been 5 of them - https://thehockeywriters.com/history-conn-smythe-winners-in-losing-efforts/

Offline crazy climber dude

« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2021, 09:57:40 AM »
Patrick Roy was 15-5 for Montreal in their 1986 Stanley Cup playoff run. He had a 1.93 GAA during that run and won the Conn Smythe. He was 20 years old. Now, that's impressive.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #174 on: November 01, 2021, 10:19:55 AM »

Grubauer has the #30 GAA and #37 save percentage.  I think that's the opposite of "one of the best goaltenders," but it's obviously very early in the season, and GAA and SV% don't take into account the quality of shots the goalie is facing, which is largely out of the goalie's control.

As far as doubling up SOG but trailing.  I wouldn't say it's either common or uncommon.  It happens, and it's frustrating as heck.

There are times when any given goaltender will look like a Vezina Trophy finalist (year end award for best goalie in the league), and then the very next game, couldn't stop a beachball.

Yup.

Patrick Roy was 15-5 for Montreal in their 1986 Stanley Cup playoff run. He had a 1.93 GAA during that run and won the Conn Smythe. He was 20 years old. Now, that's impressive.

He's also the only 3-time winner and the only player to win it for multiple teams.