Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 80783 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. Preseason Galore!
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2021, 08:12:33 PM »
I still can't believe Adam Fox win the Norris. I admittedly don't watch a ton of Rangers games, but I have literally never noticed him before.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2021, 05:33:03 AM »
Will the Rangers be good this year? Should I get my hopes up? In a stacked Metro division probably not, but I’m nothing if not stubbornly loyal to my teams. Hey at least we’re back to the regular alignment and don’t have to deal with Boston in the division this year.

I think they've got a very good shot at a WC, and maybe even 3rd this year.  I think Carolina and NYI are the top 2, but even though Pitt and Wash continue to age, they are still formidable.  Depending on how Boston and Toronto fare with all their changes, I have a strong suspicion the Metro could send 5 teams to the playoffs.

I guess we should all be coming up with predictions soon - both standings and individual awards.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2021, 06:42:14 AM »
https://twitter.com/TheHockeyNews/status/1445548717445054464?t=yxWWX40zUsinnieCo6hZFQ&s=08

For the Evander Kane fans out there (jk, i know there aren't any).

I sure hope this clown is done in the league

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2021, 07:00:03 AM »
Yeah... he's a bit of a shit show.  It's hard to believe all of these allegations are unfounded.  Unless his ex is Nikki Minaj cray-cray.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2021, 12:10:46 PM »
I just wish if we read news on Evander Kane that it's something positive towards his well-being. That's not happening much nowadays.

Also, yesterday's preseason Kings/Yotes was a huge downer.  Kings did everything well in the first 40 minutes to give me that hope that they look like a good team.  Byfield and Vilardi was creating scoring chances in most of the scenarios they were in.  Byfield having a awkward collision that resulted in what looks to be an ankle injury in the 3rd really killed the mood of the team pretty hard.  I just hope it's nothing too serious for Byfield.  Early thoughts doesn't look that way.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2021, 07:49:26 PM »
Wow, Linus Ullmark fucking blows.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2021, 04:29:28 AM »
Wow, Linus Ullmark fucking blows.

So it wasn't the team in front of him for the last couple of years?

Ok... just watched the highlights.  You can't really fault him on goals 1, and 3.  The OT goal ... blame goes more to Bergeron or Marchand for both attacking Oshie right at the net, giving up a clear 2-on-1.  Honestly, Vanacek looked worse on the goals he gave up.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 04:36:26 AM by jingle.boy »

Offline Anguyen92

All right, regular season starts today, I think.  I also updated the title since people are getting injured left and right or is on COVID protocol.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Matthews is gonna miss the first 3 games until he's fully healed from his surgery
Mikheyev is out 8 weeks (he's on the 2nd line wing).  The team has already put him on LTIR
Marner apparently got bowled over by Simmonds in practice, and had to leave the ice.  No one dropped the gloves to set Simmonds straight though.  Nice teammates!   :lol

Offline dparrott

Let's get it Kraken!!!  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Anguyen92

Found this commercial from MassMutual.  It's a nice way to breath some laughter out of a not so ideal scenario for Capitals fans where Ovi and Backstrom is on the shelf at the moment.  A commercial of Ovi and Backstrom lounging in Ovi's house.

https://twitter.com/massmutual/status/1447986675116699659

Edit: Even Misha Mansoor of Periphery liked this.

https://twitter.com/mishaperiphery/status/1448034223428751361

Offline jammindude

Watching the Seattle Kracken on ESPN. Looks like we are continuing a Seattle legacy of coming out of the gate as losers. LOL

Is anyone else getting a weird echo from the play on the ice?
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh shit, it's 2-0 already. :lol They had such a great first shift too.

I went back to the baseball game after the PP.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Watching the Seattle Kracken on ESPN. Looks like we are continuing a Seattle legacy of coming out of the gate as losers. LOL

We have 5 players, and the radio play-by-play guy, in Covid protocol. How fail is that?!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline jammindude

In spite of the score, I really like the way they’re playing. Very aggressive, and they’ve had some good opportunities that just got a bad bounce.

That missed breakaway broke my heart. That would have been a fantastic “1st goal in franchise history.”

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
In spite of the score, I really like the way they’re playing. Very aggressive, and they’ve had some good opportunities that just got a bad bounce.

That missed breakaway broke my heart. That would have been a fantastic “1st goal in franchise history.”

First broken heart in franchise history. :lol

Offline jammindude

I’m sure there will be many many more.  ::)

Offline jammindude

This game suddenly got interesting

Offline jammindude

TIED!!!

Offline Anguyen92

^^ Only for a brief moment sadly.

Offline jammindude

Well…at least they made it interesting

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I watched the first period, then caught the recap this morning.  Looks like it was at least a more entertaining game than Pitt/TB.  Kraken looked pretty competitive against what (should be) a top-5 team in the league.   :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Crushing hockey losses are 10 times worse than in any other team sport.  I've experienced plenty of crushing losses in both baseball (back when I cared about it) and football, but none of them compare to the most crushing Blues losses, of which there have been way too many.  :facepalm: :facepalm: :lol :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Feisty third period tonight between the Habs/Leafs. It's a shame both teams can't lose.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Feisty third period tonight between the Habs/Leafs. It's a shame both teams can't lose.

Suck on it.  Leafs are on pace for an 82-win season.  Woohoo!!!!  First couple periods looked like pre-season, but the third was a banger.

Also, I didn't mention it yesterday, but how in the hell was that winning goal by Stephson on Tuesday not ruled a kick??  I personally think any 're-directing' motion should be disallowed, but I get that players can do that.  It looked pretty fucking clear to me that his foot had a forward motion and the blade came off the ice.  If that's not a kicked in goal, I don't know what is.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Ok, time for some predictions then.  Meant to do this earlier, but it's been a crazy week with work.

Atlantic
1. Tampa
2. Florida
3. Toronto

4. Boston
5. Montreal
6. Ottawa
7. Detroit
8. Buffalo

Ottawa might sneak past Montreal, and I'm not going to rule out Boston finishing ahead of Toronto

Metropolitan
1. New York Islanders
2. Washington
3. Carolina
4. Philadelphia
5a. Pittsburgh
5b. New York Rangers

7. New Jersey
8. Columbus

I think it's a coin toss between Pitt/NYR - depends now much Pitt can hold on thru the first few weeks without Sid and Gino.

Central
1. Colorado
2. Winnipeg
3. Chicago
4. Dallas

5a. Minnesota
5b. St. Louis
7. Nashville
8. Arizona

There's a lot of change in Minnesota, so I'm not entirely confident they'll make it in.  I think Chicago is gonna have a pretty significant improvement.

West
1. Vegas
2. Vancouver
3. Edmonton
4. Seattle

5. Calgary
6. LA
7. San Jose
8. Anaheim

I'm going bold with the Kraken and Canuck rankings.  I wouldn't be surprised if 5 teams from the Central get in.

Awards:
Hart - McJesus (Matthews, Barkov)
Art Ross - McJesus (Panarin, Point)
Rocket - Matthews (Debrincat, Rantanen)
Norris - Makar (Hedman, Jones)
Vezina - Vasilevsky (Lehner, Varlamov or Sorokin ... whoever wins the #1 job)
Adams - Colliton (Gallant, Green)
Calder - Caufield (no clue)
Selke - no clue

Offline jammindude

:victorydance:

Congratulations to the Kraken! It’s not often a guy gets to celebrate the first NHL win in his hometown’s history!!!

Sure wish they hadn’t been SOOOOO conservative in the 3rd period. Exactly ONE shot on goal in the entire 3rd period. (An empty net goal) But you can’t put a one goal lead entirely on the shoulders of your defense/goalie like that.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Sens / Leafs game was crazy.  Leafs were asleep in the 1st 10 minutes, then gave up 2 unfortunate late goals; were in a coma in the 2nd; then then poured it on in the third like as though their gameplan was rope-a-dope.  Check out this SOG line:

Tor - 17 / 6 / 25 -- 48
Ott - 12 / 14 / 10 -- 36

Forsberg (Sens goalie) played like a Vezina candidate.  At one point in the 3rd, SOG were 12-0 for the Leafs, and they had 8 on the PP where they got their first goal.  Just gotta say, I clearly don't know what defines a "kicking motion", or my interpretation of the word "kick" is very different than the NHL's.  Also, apparently lifting a players stick is a hooking penalty (which the Leafs were called for twice).

Looks like the Red Wings/Bolts game was bonkers too! 

Montreal blown out by Buffalo; Coyotes blown out by Columbus.  Battle of the shit-kicker teams right there.

Offline Anguyen92

Can't ask for a better start than in today's game for the Kings against the Golden Knights.  Kopitar came rolling with a 5 point game (includes a hat trick).  For this team to do well, everything needs to go right regarding the old guys (Kopitar, Brown, Doughtry, Quick when he starts) and hope the young guys and the in-between gets better.  Their signing of Vladimir Tkachev could be a shot in the arm they needed in regards to their power play.

https://twitter.com/LAKings/status/1448878807541174275

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Charlie McAvoy. 8 x 9.5. Wow!

Offline pg1067

Can't ask for a better start than in today's game for the Kings against the Golden Knights.  Kopitar came rolling with a 5 point game (includes a hat trick).  For this team to do well, everything needs to go right regarding the old guys (Kopitar, Brown, Doughtry, Quick when he starts) and hope the young guys and the in-between gets better.  Their signing of Vladimir Tkachev could be a shot in the arm they needed in regards to their power play.

https://twitter.com/LAKings/status/1448878807541174275

I didn't see a second of the game because of baseball, but damn, that's nice.

And fuck Seattle in fourth place all to hell.  The aberration of Vegas aside, an expansion team must finish last.  Demanded by the hockey gods it is!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Charlie McAvoy. 8 x 9.5. Wow!

I'm just gonna post what I had from the last thread at the FA signings:

Hamilton contract is great for him, terrible for the Devils.  He's a $6-$7 guy at most.  D-men who are UFAs next year are licking their chops (see, Morgan Reilly, Darnell Nurse, Parayko, Werenski, McAvoy, Klingberg).

Yup... Nurse and McAvoy should both send Hamilton and his agent a Rolex.  Werenski and Klingberg are guaranteed $9M AAV paydays now.  Reilly and Parayko might be in the $8-$9 range depending on what kind of year they have.

McAvoy is not on par with Point, Kuch, or Vasilevsky.  I know, I know... different positions, but in terms of value to the team, skill, and what he's accomplished ... not even close.

Offline Anguyen92

Parayko already got extended beyond 2022.  AAV is $6,500,000 for 8 years.  Found the Twitter confirmation in the Capfriendly link.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/colton-parayko

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/1433162561483165702

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Parayko already got extended beyond 2022.  AAV is $6,500,000 for 8 years.  Found the Twitter confirmation in the Capfriendly link.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/colton-parayko

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/1433162561483165702

I either missed that, or completely forgot about it.  That's a very good contract for the team, imo - especially seeing what others are getting.  Sure, he's not gonna put up the kind of points that a McAvoy is bound to, but he's going to be a crucial part of the D-line for the Blues.