Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 82402 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
The last time the Avs made it past the 2nd round was also the last time the Leafs made it past the 2nd round, and we know how long that has been.  :lol :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The last time the Avs made it past the 2nd round was also the last time the Leafs made it past the 2nd round, and we know how long that has been.  :lol :lol

No reason to go at Chad like that! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The Knights/Bolts OT was  :omg:

Followed by a 7 round shootout!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 07:51:22 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
It's getting to the point where the Avs of this era have to be considered huge underachievers. Have they even made a CF?

Like the 90s Blues??   :neverusethis:

P.S.  And I typed that before I saw Kev's shot at the Leafs!!  Who, as I remember, clowned the Blues about 10 days ago.   :biggrin:  :P
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Work has been kicking my ass so I’ve been less active, but just wanted to comment on how special Lundqvist’s jersey retirement ceremony was.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Man, and I thought the Leafs were a ba 3rd period team. Detroit giving up 5 (albeit 2 EN).  And they’d given up 4 in the 3rd just two games ago to Chicago.  Leafs were sloppy the first two periods, but the Wings looked gassed by the third - it being the 2nd game of a b2b + travel from Pitt.

I’ll take the 2 points! 
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline romdrums

The Wings have rarely played a full 60 minute game this season.  Seems they either start slowly or fade in the third.  The defense, outside of Moritz Seider and Gustav Lindstrom, is mostly hot garbage.  Danny DeKeyser is done, Nick Leddy is getting cratered, Filip Hronek has the accuracy of a storm trooper, and Mark Staal is inconsistent at best.  Simon Edvinsson is probably a year away, same with Albert Johansson.  I think the Wings are starting to regress back to the mean after they had a decent start to the year.  I think they’re a few years away from eliminating the Leafs in the first round.   ;)
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
It's getting to the point where the Avs of this era have to be considered huge underachievers. Have they even made a CF?

Like the 90s Blues??   :neverusethis:

P.S.  And I typed that before I saw Kev's shot at the Leafs!!  Who, as I remember, clowned the Blues about 10 days ago.   :biggrin:  :P

Colorado is annoying because they have yet to earn the accolades. When they win a big series or game then they can somewhat deserve the praise. Until then it’s all BS and handjobs.

And c’mon Chad…..you know as well as I do the Leafs beat the minor league Blues team that day. We (like many others) were down essentially half our regulars in that game and still could have won that game. But whatevs…..the main point is until Colorado actually does something to earn the smoke being blown up their asses it’ll continue to be annoying. They’ll bow out again this year early and next season be the cup favorites.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline crazy climber dude

Agree the Avs have underachieved in playoffs in recent years...I was just referring to this (regular) season. They started very slow.

But yes, they have to prove that they have grit commensurate with their talent level IN THE POSTSEASON. They need to understand you don't win the Stanley Cup on paper. In fact, if they don't have someone on the team that has won a Cup before (?)....maybe that should be their next move. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Those Dallas 3rd jerseys look like they belong in a Tron movie.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Those Dallas 3rd jerseys look like they belong in a Tron movie.

My eyes hurt when I see them.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Like the Bruins play tonight.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Ouch. I'm watching the football game. Had the B's on tape. Oh well, guess I won't have to bother.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Sorry. Still can change but disappointing when I clicked over.

Offline pg1067

Edit: Also, another note.  A solid Kings win against the Islanders today.  Quinton Byfield scored his 1st goal today.  Youngest guy since Drew Doughty in his 1st season to score a goal for the Kings and it was in Doughty's 1000th game.  It's all coming together piece by piece.

https://twitter.com/LAKings/status/1486860876095242240

5 out of 6 points in the three NY/NJ games is very nice (although the last couple minutes of that Islanders game was sloppy).  Hope they keep it up in Pennsylvania over the weekend and Detroit on Tuesday before getting nearly two weeks off.  Over that break they're going to need to figure out how to beat Western Conference teams.  The Kings are 15-5-2 against the East but only 7-11-4 against the West and, after the break, 29 of their remaining 35 games will be against Western Conference teams.  At least Petersen's been looking a little better in his last few games.

Three more points in two games in Pennsylvania, and we got two 10 a.m. games this weekend (as a result of which, I missed about the first quarter and a half of the Bengals/Chiefs game).  Third place in the division -- a point behind the Sucks with a game in hand and two points out of first place.  Not too shabby (although the Kings are only 5 points ahead of the Flames who have SIX games in hand).  It'll be interesting to see how things change once some of these teams make up the missed games from December.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Anguyen92

I'm so frustrated on people bagging on the Pacific division being a weak division, while I'm sitting here thinking, "there's like 4 teams with games on hand and I need a lot of teams to lose if the Kings have a better shot at making it."

Like I'm sorry like all three other divisions has their playoff teams figured out by now, but I think it's probably for the better in a general stance that there are a couple of teams outside of the bubble in the West that still has a solid chance of making it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Another beauty 3rd period / 2-goal comeback by the Leafs.

Sorry, Bill.

Offline jammindude

Our game against the Rangers last night just killed me. I really felt like we played them blow for blow. Then to fight so hard the whole game and finally tie it with one minute left to play just to blow it 30 seconds later.  :facepalm:
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. No NHL players in Olympics 2022. Can't even blame Bettman.
« Reply #754 on: February 01, 2022, 05:37:43 AM »
Our game against the Rangers last night just killed me. I really felt like we played them blow for blow. Then to fight so hard the whole game and finally tie it with one minute left to play just to blow it 30 seconds later.  :facepalm:

Ouch... that hurts for sure.  Rangers have done that at least a couple of times this year (did it with less than 5 seconds left against Buffalo.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. No NHL players in Olympics 2022. Can't even blame Bettman.
« Reply #755 on: February 01, 2022, 07:03:26 AM »

Ouch... that hurts for sure.  Rangers have done that at least a couple of times this year (did it with less than 5 seconds left against Buffalo.

It would be nice if the Rangers would just hold a lead. It’s frustrating for me to watch as well because I know that eventually the bounces in these close games are gonna start going the other way, and the Rangers inability to hold a lead is gonna come back to hurt them, especially come playoff time when the competition is tougher.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline pg1067

« Reply #756 on: February 01, 2022, 04:44:02 PM »
Fucking WHO?

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #757 on: February 01, 2022, 04:47:33 PM »
 :lol

No shit. Apparently Nicky Spanjaards wasn't available.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #758 on: February 01, 2022, 05:24:16 PM »
People.  That's who.  You think that's bad.  Machine Gun Kelly will be doing something there as well.  Which one is worst?  MGK or Green Day.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #759 on: February 01, 2022, 09:15:34 PM »
People.  That's who.  You think that's bad.  Machine Gun Kelly will be doing something there as well.  Which one is worst?  MGK or Green Day.

Machine Gun Kelly is worse. Green Day is actually good.

-MirrorMask

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #760 on: February 02, 2022, 04:15:58 AM »
Maybe these are big hitters/playas on the Vegas strip?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #761 on: February 02, 2022, 12:04:10 PM »
Machine Gun Kelly will be doing something there as well.  Which one is worst?  MGK or Green Day.

Yeah...I saw a picture of...him (?)...I guess, and he was just referred to as "MGK."  "Who?" was, once again the first thing out of my mouth.

Green Day has at least two songs I don't dislike, so....

Maybe these are big hitters/playas on the Vegas strip?

Playas?  The Spanish word for beaches?

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #762 on: February 02, 2022, 12:25:21 PM »
MGK is wildly popular. I wouldn't expect his music to resonate on a prog forum though. Personally, I can't stand the guy or his music. He's currently feuding with Corey Taylor from Slipknot, so the internet algorithms keep sending me occasional MGK articles.

I have to admit that I'm very surprised by the scoring leaderboards this year. Huberdeau on top, Kadri in the top 5, Chris Kreider leading in goals...how is that even possible? Is anyone else surprised by this, or am I out to lunch?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #763 on: February 02, 2022, 09:24:18 PM »
HEY! Whaddaya know!!! The first time I miss a game, and we had the first shutout in franchise history!!

Anyway, I’m happy for Grubauer. He’s been playing much more like his reputation suggested the last few games.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Anguyen92

Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. NHL All-Star Game this weekend. Does anyone really care?
« Reply #764 on: February 02, 2022, 11:41:30 PM »
All right, today was actually the last day of games before the All-Star break.  A title change should be appropriate.

On second thought, at least the All-Star weekend gave us this moment.  NSFW or maybe not suitable ever.  Don't say I didn't warn you before clicking this link.

https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1489114311473524744
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 12:44:15 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #765 on: February 03, 2022, 04:18:02 AM »
How is Gritty both the best and worst mascot ever?

-MirrorMask

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #766 on: February 04, 2022, 05:13:30 PM »
So I totally get the fatigue of seemingly seeing the same teams in the Winter Classic. I mean, as an out of towner, how many times can I see the Blackhawks or the Capitals.....or the Bruins?
But apparently the Bruins will be hosting the 2023 Winter Classic at Fenway Park. As a homer, cool, but I totally understand someone not being into this. This will be the 4th Winter Classic appearance for Boston. The second since 2019, and the second at this venue.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #767 on: February 04, 2022, 05:25:28 PM »
I mean it has been proven that you can get two non-original six teams and still draw a lot of tickets.  2020, you had Stars and Predators at the Cotton Bowl and that drew like 85k people.  The 2nd largest attended Winter Classic game ever.

You know, if the Kings get a lot better in the next few years, I wouldn't mind if they get to host a Winter Classic (not a stadium series game) at a place like the USC Coliseum or Rose Bowl.  Traffic would be horrible, as usual, but it would be a nice notch to add in addition to a lot of things that's happening in the LA area in the next couple of years.  Super Bowl this year.  Wrestlemania in 2023. Olympics in 2028.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #768 on: February 04, 2022, 05:59:22 PM »
Good to see Kyrou take home the fastest skater! Good for him! First of many All Star games
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline pg1067

« Reply #769 on: February 04, 2022, 08:19:03 PM »
Good to see Kyrou take home the fastest skater! Good for him! First of many All Star games

Kempe was only 0.035 behind him.  Didn't they used to do a final run between the top 2 skaters (like they did with that fountain thing)?