Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 81723 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.
« Reply #2170 on: July 01, 2022, 10:23:05 AM »
That would be a huge redemption story. It would be one thing for him to make a return for the Coyotes or something, but to get another shot in a place like Boston is huge.

He’s been great in St. Louis……on and off the ice. Extremely happy for him if this rumor holds to be true.

LaLonde it is, he's been announced as the Red Wings head coach. I don't know much about him except for what I've recently been reading, but anytime you can take something from the Tampa organization you have to be going in the right direction I'd think.

I checked out his background after he was hired yesterday. He's been highly successful at a number of stops in various lower leagues before joining the Lightning 4 years ago. It's still going to be another year (at least) before the Red Wings are in playoff contention. Their backline needs a lot of work and they need to continue to develop offensively. It's hard to be patient, especially as a fan of such a highly-successful organization with a history of being in playoff/cup contention.

One of the things to be excited about though is they accepted what had to be done and are doing it right, unlike certainly other organizations. They are basically at the cap floor right now, so they can build, and if they see the right opportunity to trade for someone or sign someone they can, but they don't have to force it. They can build where appropriate.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline romdrums

Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.
« Reply #2171 on: July 01, 2022, 01:45:18 PM »
The main thing the Wings are missing is another legit Top 6 center.  I think, last season, Dylan Larkin proved he can play top line center.  I think Brad Lambert could be a great fit at 2C if he can put it all together, but that's a big risk that I don't know I would take with the 8th overall pick.  Matthew Savoie would be a great pick if he's there, but I think he probably works better on the wing.  Then again, Yzerman plays things so close to the vest that trying to project who he'll pick is a fools errand.  The Wings have talent in the organization, but the big club is playing guys higher than they should be slotted.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.