Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 82240 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: NHL (2021-2022) v. Stanley Cup Finals. Avalanche vs Lightning.
« Reply #2065 on: June 20, 2022, 08:02:37 PM »
Lightning answering big time tonight!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2066 on: June 20, 2022, 08:02:52 PM »
Whole different game at sea level
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #2067 on: June 20, 2022, 09:11:15 PM »
Do not bury the casket just yet.  Bolts will not quit on this series as it progresses.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2068 on: June 21, 2022, 05:53:09 AM »
Tampa this morning.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2069 on: June 22, 2022, 09:28:15 PM »
  :censored Colorado

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2070 on: June 22, 2022, 09:28:33 PM »
In before epic Gary and Kev anger.

Edit: Or just after. :lol
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #2071 on: June 22, 2022, 09:29:14 PM »
That was a fun OT.  Kadri scored the game-winner with the puck stuck inside the top of the net.  Like, that's a thing that can happen?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2072 on: June 22, 2022, 09:30:33 PM »
No anger here.  I have barely watched the finals because I am assuming the Avs are going to win.  I usually check Twitter for updates. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2073 on: June 22, 2022, 10:33:19 PM »
My anger is more at the utter salivation and knob slobbing that every announcer/expert is pasting all over Colorado. It’s reminiscent of the blind adoration the league and ESPN had for those 90’s Redwings teams. I mean, there’s a 50/50 chance that Messier and Ferraro took turns blowing every AVs player tonight after the game.

Colorado is and has been the best team……we all get it. But let’s not act like they’re the greatest thing since Gretzky. Every bounce they can get they’re getting…..lots of favorable calls…..they’re getting what the majority of the past Cup winners get…..all the puck luck and calls. That usually coincides with working your butt off as a team to win and they have been.

Just lamenting the fact that I now have a solid 4-5 years of listening to how much Cale Makars shit doesn’t stink and on and on and on……MacKinnon this……Landeskog that……makes me want to vomit. Not to mention that POS Kadri getting the GW goal and is going to have his name on the cup…..one of the dirtiest players in the game.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2074 on: June 22, 2022, 11:05:32 PM »
Yeah, it’s only a matter of time now. Tampa is just too banged up.

Anyone catch the awards the other night? Best part, literally 2 seconds before it went off the air, as Thompson is walking back to the stage to say goodnight, he congratulates Matthews and says “Nice to see The Leafs winning something in June”. Lmfao!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2075 on: June 23, 2022, 05:25:58 AM »
Crazy to think that when it's all said and done, it is likely that the Blues were the toughest out for the Avs in this run.  And I am not one of those "I hope the team that beats my team wins the Cup so we can at least say we lost to the champs" fans.  I want the team that beat the Blues to go down in flames (cue the Taylor Swift line from Blank Space), but it is what it is.  I won't be watching any of it, so if I don't see it, it's like it didn't happen. :P :biggrin:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2076 on: June 23, 2022, 05:28:54 AM »
Crazy to think that when it's all said and done, it is likely that the Blues were the toughest out for the Avs in this run.  And I am not one of those "I hope the team that beats my team wins the Cup so we can at least say we lost to the champs" fans.  I want the team that beat the Blues to go down in flames (cue the Taylor Swift line from Blank Space), but it is what it is.  I won't be watching any of it, so if I don't see it, it's like it didn't happen. :P :biggrin:

Fairweather hockey fan, eh?  :biggrin:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2077 on: June 23, 2022, 05:30:43 AM »
Nah, if I wanted to ingest something that I knew was going to make me sick, I'd listen to Kiss or watch the Kartrashians.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2078 on: June 23, 2022, 06:03:53 AM »
My anger is more at the utter salivation and knob slobbing that every announcer/expert is pasting all over Colorado. It’s reminiscent of the blind adoration the league and ESPN had for those 90’s Redwings teams. I mean, there’s a 50/50 chance that Messier and Ferraro took turns blowing every AVs player tonight after the game.

Colorado is and has been the best team……we all get it. But let’s not act like they’re the greatest thing since Gretzky. Every bounce they can get they’re getting…..lots of favorable calls…..they’re getting what the majority of the past Cup winners get…..all the puck luck and calls. That usually coincides with working your butt off as a team to win and they have been.

Just lamenting the fact that I now have a solid 4-5 years of listening to how much Cale Makars shit doesn’t stink and on and on and on……MacKinnon this……Landeskog that……makes me want to vomit. Not to mention that POS Kadri getting the GW goal and is going to have his name on the cup…..one of the dirtiest players in the game.

DUDE.  I was just about to write the same thing.  I'm not a fan of either TB or Colorado, but my brother is rooting hard for TB, so I am too by extension.  I missed games one and three, and watched game two in a bar so I couldn't hear the announcers. I watched the second period last night and I was like "Wha?? Is Colorado playing anyone else, because all they keep doing is talking about Colorado this, and Colorado that!"  You would NEVER know that TB is going for the THREE-PEAT based on the announcers in last night's game.  I despite that (I HATE Jim Nantz to this day for doing that against Uconn back in 1999.  23 years to hold a grudge! :) :) :)).

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2079 on: June 23, 2022, 08:13:12 AM »
Even the Canadian broadcast was felating Colorado pretty hard last night - not necessarily the play-by-play, but the pre-game/intermission crew.  If I have to hear Jennifer Botteril call Makar/MacKinnon "special" one more time, I'm gonna rage.  What, did they ride the short bus to school?  FFS, we get it, they've got elite level talent - we have fucking eyes, we can see it on the ice.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2080 on: June 23, 2022, 09:41:51 AM »
Not one for excuses....especially since it was only a matter of time before Colorado scored in that OT....they were utterly dominating and Vasy is the only reason the AV's hadn't won already in OT.....BUT....Cooper does have an argument here. Even 'if' you're trying to use the excuse that MacKinnon was just coming off on a normal change....the other (5) players were across the ice and engaged in the play....this wasn't a close call at the bench between two players hopping on the ice......this was a blown call by the officials.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #2081 on: June 23, 2022, 10:23:20 AM »
^^ There was a lot of clear blown calls for both sides in that game by the officials that could have/should have been penalties. 

I don't hear Cooper mentioning that his team got away with a similar spot last year.  Oh wait, that's because in that moment, it favored his team, so there's no point bringing it up.

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1404978348124610562

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2082 on: June 23, 2022, 10:36:00 AM »
^^ There was a lot of clear blown calls for both sides in that game by the officials that could have/should have been penalties. 

I don't hear Cooper mentioning that his team got away with a similar spot last year.  Oh wait, that's because in that moment, it favored his team, so there's no point bringing it up.

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1404978348124610562

I agree…..there were many missed calls. The year the Blues won it Bostons game winning PP goal in G1 they had 6 guys on the ice. I think it happens a lot but it has to be egregious or something.

The AVs deserved the W because they decided to win the game in lieu of the Bolts who started playing not to lose in the third period.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #2083 on: June 23, 2022, 10:40:33 AM »
Please don't remind our fellow Boston co-horts of that series.  I don't think they can forgive anything after Game 5.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2084 on: June 23, 2022, 11:19:17 AM »
The Bolts have been on the benefit side of many questionable calls - in every series.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2085 on: June 23, 2022, 11:21:01 AM »
The Bolts have been on the benefit side of many questionable calls - in every series.

That play in OT is not why they lost. They lost because they started playing 'not to lose' in the third period and the AVs started playing to win.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #2086 on: June 23, 2022, 02:37:21 PM »
Yeah, it’s not a good look when the coach starts blaming the loss on a questionable call.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2087 on: June 23, 2022, 06:41:45 PM »
Please don't remind our fellow Boston co-horts of that series.  I don't think they can forgive anything after Game 5.

I don't bring up 2019 to needle Joe and Tim (good guys, I wouldn't do that), but to still throw a celebration of sorts, as a big part of me still can't believe the Blues actually won a Cup.   It just felt like something that would never happen, and then it did. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2088 on: June 23, 2022, 06:44:06 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2089 on: June 23, 2022, 06:54:18 PM »
You have 2011.  Focus on that.  :metal :metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2090 on: June 23, 2022, 07:17:11 PM »
It would be one thing if the Bruins were swept or lost in 5. But a loss in the Stanley Cup Finals is the most gut wrenching thing you can go through. Hockey is far and away my #1 sport so that stung. I has just gotten over the 2013 loss to Chicago. It took me like 5 years before I could watch a Blackhawks game. I think the 2019 Winter Classic was the first time I watched the Blackhawks play since the finals in '13, and now I can't even rewatch that fucking game because I know how that season ended.

The Islanders were my childhood favorite team, but as an adult, the Blues were my favorite non Bruins team in the league. I used to watch the epic playoff series in the 90's and 00's and I kept rooting for them to break through.
I looked forward to the Blues/Bruins games every year. I really did.

But until the Blues roster turns over, I can't even watch them play. I literally want to puke.

I remember the Bruins outshot the Blues 12-4 in the 1st period of G7, and the Blues scored 2 goals on shit shots. I didn't watch a minute after the first period. I remember switching over to the MLB network, and Greg Amsinger was hosting MLB tonight, and apparently, he's from St. Louis, and they were just watching a monitor of the hockey game. I fucking hate him now.

I wouldn't wish a Stanley Cup Finals loss on anyone.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2091 on: June 23, 2022, 07:24:58 PM »
I get that, as I would have been scarred for life had the Blues lost that series, so it is sometimes better to lose earlier in the playoffs.

But the Blues first two goals were not shit shots. The first was an awesome deflection by O'Reilly, and the second was Petro scoring a nifty backhander after Marchand went to sleep and went for a change instead of getting back on D. Binnington definitely kept the game at 0-0 when the Bruins dominated for much of the 1st, but once the Blues got the lead, they never let up.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2092 on: June 23, 2022, 07:28:44 PM »
They were both soft goals that Rask should've had. The Blues didn't even have to work for those goals.

My brother maintains that the Bruins didn't even show up for G7. I maintain that they did as they dominated the first period.  Can't speak for the action in the next two periods because I didn't watch.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2093 on: June 23, 2022, 08:07:10 PM »
I maintain that they did as they dominated the first period. 

That they did and Binnington played insane....could have easily scored three or four goals in that period. He should have won the Conne Smyth and had the Bruins not scored that throw away fanned on fluttering shot in the last couple minutes he would have been.

Perhaps the two the Blues scored Rask 'could' have saved but they were far from soft. O'Reily's deflection would have beat any goalie and Petro's goal was just a nice shot.....and a courteous gift by Marchand who wanted to go to the locker room early. Still baffled at why he just jumped off the ice and let Petro have a free lane to the net.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2094 on: June 23, 2022, 08:09:21 PM »
Rask always found a way to blow it at the most important spots. Binnington would've saved both of those shots that night.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2095 on: June 24, 2022, 05:56:15 AM »
The second one maybe, but the first one was such a good deflection that if you are the goalie on a play like that, you just have to hope and pray that it hits you and doesn't go in. No such luck for Rask and the Bruins.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2096 on: June 24, 2022, 07:59:24 AM »
Only in very rare circumstances would I consider a deflection a "soft" goal.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2097 on: June 24, 2022, 08:17:08 AM »
Only in very rare circumstances would I consider a deflection a "soft" goal.

Agreed. NHL goaltending is 85% positioning and the second a shot changes direction it alters every angle the goalie 'thought' he was protecting. That goal Tim is referring to would have been scored on any NHL goalie....Boumeester's shot was going to either miss the net a tad wide right or be right on the post about a foot high.....Rask was sliding over to make the save and O'Reily tips it back against the grain.....literally nothing to be done there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEL0AUHqfZU

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2098 on: June 24, 2022, 12:29:37 PM »
It would be one thing if the Bruins were swept or lost in 5. But a loss in the Stanley Cup Finals is the most gut wrenching thing you can go through. Hockey is far and away my #1 sport so that stung. I has just gotten over the 2013 loss to Chicago. It took me like 5 years before I could watch a Blackhawks game. I think the 2019 Winter Classic was the first time I watched the Blackhawks play since the finals in '13, and now I can't even rewatch that fucking game because I know how that season ended.

The Islanders were my childhood favorite team, but as an adult, the Blues were my favorite non Bruins team in the league. I used to watch the epic playoff series in the 90's and 00's and I kept rooting for them to break through.
I looked forward to the Blues/Bruins games every year. I really did.

But until the Blues roster turns over, I can't even watch them play. I literally want to puke.

I remember the Bruins outshot the Blues 12-4 in the 1st period of G7, and the Blues scored 2 goals on shit shots. I didn't watch a minute after the first period. I remember switching over to the MLB network, and Greg Amsinger was hosting MLB tonight, and apparently, he's from St. Louis, and they were just watching a monitor of the hockey game. I fucking hate him now.

I wouldn't wish a Stanley Cup Finals loss on anyone.

This sums up my feelings on 2014 and the Kings quite nicely. I’ll never forgive that team for the heartbreak they caused me.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2099 on: June 24, 2022, 02:36:14 PM »
Sorry, Count.

I think I've posted this before, but I have a friend who thinks the illegal stick penalty on Marty McSorley was somehow the result of some sort of nefarious behavior by the Habs.  To this day, she holds a grudge against not only Montreal but against all Canadian teams and celebrates when the last Canadian team is eliminated from the playoffs.

For me, it was the Blues after the '96 playoffs.  Dumbass Sean O'Donnell and Jamie "The Sieve" Storr!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung