Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 82674 times)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

I just…can’t believe what is happening.

Let’s see how the Tampa games go before anyone starts panicking.

Oh there’s no panic here. Just excitement.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Marchand out until after Thanksgiving.
McAvoy out until December.
Bergeron likely to retire.

How's that 2023 Draft Class? :lol

I hear really great things at the guy most likely to go #1, Connor Bedard.  So much that I think some middling teams think it's probably best not to push so hard next season and maybe get a good shot at winning the draft lottery to get this guy.

Bedard is the next McDavid.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Gee, then I wonder what Canadian team the league will hand him to. ..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Oh, so this is setting up to where I will have to root for a NY team in the finals?  Very funny, sports gods.  :lol :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Oh, so this is setting up to where I will have to root for a NY team in the finals?  Very funny, sports gods.  :lol :lol

Hey there’s still two games scheduled in Tampa, and two games scheduled in Edmonton for that matter. I want a Rangers/Oilers Finals, but I’m fully aware that the Avalanche are almost definitely taking the West and that the Lightning can very easily crush my dreams.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Hey there’s still two games scheduled in Tampa, and two games scheduled in Edmonton for that matter. I want a Rangers/Oilers Finals, but I’m fully aware that the Avalanche are almost definitely taking the West and that the Lightning can very easily crush my dreams.

Come join me.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Come join me.

Oh I already lived through the atrocity that was the 2015 ECF. I’m not interested in a repeat.

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
You know what Mike Smith's problem is?...  He's too fucking tall.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
That’ll do it for the Oilers. For as good as Smith played tonight that was a brutal go ahead goal to give up in the third after they’d just tied it.

I don’t see anyone beating Colorado at this point. NY is playing good and have a hot goalie but they have to do what Toronto didn’t and not allow TB to gain any momentum. Bury them as quick as they can.

I’m rooting for anyone not Colorado. I detest that team at this point.

Oh and…….Too bad to see Kadri get taken out hard……karma’s a bitch Ain’t it kid?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Yeah... I'm not holding out any hope of a 4 game comeback. Zero chance

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That third goal was brutal. Inexcusable.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
That third goal was brutal. Inexcusable.

Yeah, that goal ended the series.  It reminded me of the 1st goal in the Tor-Mtl Game 7 last year ... soft shot right through the wickets (as Craig Simpson calls it).  Totally deflated the team and the crowd.

Now, Colorado could be in for a rude awakening when they face either Vas or Igor.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah... I'm not holding out any hope of a 4 game comeback. Zero chance

It’s not impossible…..but….Colorado has played 13 games now and only lost twice. I think it’s doubtful that the Oil could run off four wins in a row but it would be awesome to see if they did.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

I didn't see the game, but I saw the hit on twitter this morning.  Kane definitely should get games for that.

As for Kadri, it is hilarious see Avs fans cry about it online.  Yeah, it sucks when you lose one of your best players due to a cheap shot, ain't it? Now they know how we felt last year when we lost Faulk due to Kadri knocking him out of the series with a dirty hit.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

I didn't see the game, but I saw the hit on twitter this morning.  Kane definitely should get games for that.

As for Kadri, it is hilarious see Avs fans cry about it online.  Yeah, it sucks when you lose one of your best players due to a cheap shot, ain't it? Now they know how we felt last year when we lost Faulk due to Kadri knocking him out of the series with a dirty hit.

Kane shouldn’t play again this season. That was a textbook instance of you see the numbers…..you don’t check….we’ve been teaching that to kids since they were Squirts.

But….I’m finding it pretty hard to feel sorry for the guy. Live by the Sword….Die by the Sword……as I said, his karma bank was pretty full and needed a withdrawal

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I think in a situation like this, the suspension should be multiple PLAYOFF games.  So, if Kane gets five playoff games for example, and the Oilers lose the next game, he is out the first four playoff games next spring as well.  If he has to serve the other four at the start of next season, that means nothing.  You have to make suspensions like this really hurt, IMO.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I’m still bugged that the Hagel hit (virtually identical) in round 2 of TB-Fla got no suspension, and was knocked down from major to a minor by the on ice officials.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7aEVUtUBf0

On the hit last night, jingle.son and I joked that Gary must be really torn - happy about the hits but it was delivered by Kane.  :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
😂.  No crap! Two of the nicest players in the league!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
MacKinnon is loving the fact that two of the biggest pricks in the league are headlining most of the conversation this morning and his blatant, cheap shot slew foot is largely being ignored.

If he were on the other end of that play that’s all we’d be hearing about and whoever it was that did it to him would be golfing the rest of the summer. But it’s MacKinnon so it’s ignored and buried.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
😂.  No crap! Two of the nicest players in the league!

I couldn't help but think of this Jesse Pinkman quote:

"So what if this is like, math, or algebra? Now you add a plus douchebag to a minus douchebag, you get like, zero douchebags."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Guys, the Blues are out. Just sit back and enjoy the Playoffs.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Bergeron won his 5th Selke.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Bergeron won his 5th Selke.

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

I'm glad it was a convincing win. Apparently his metrics were off the chart this year.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Guys, the Blues are out. Just sit back and enjoy the Playoffs.  :lol

Nah.. … why do that?

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Trouba has been taking stupid penalties this entire playoffs and it absolutely cost the Rangers today. There should be serious discussion about benching him, because you CANNOT make mistakes like that against Tampa.

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
The Lightning looked like they were shot out of a canon in that 3rd period.  That's why they are the defending champs, I guess.  The hockey fan in me always wants more games, so glad it turned out that way. I would hate for both series this round to be over quickly.

Offline Anguyen92

So the rumors are true.  The Bruins have canned Bruce Cassidy as their coach.  I didn't think there was really anything wrong with them coaching wise in comparison to Vancouver before Boudreau, Vegas, Oilers before Woodcroft, etc.

https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/1533946865988812802

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
The talk was players were tuning him out. The real culprit is Don Sweeney who has failed at the draft for many years.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Barry Trotz….come on down…..you’re the next coach of the Boston Bruins!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I don't know. I don't think they're going to go from one hard ass to another.

Offline Anguyen92

Honestly, I like Trotz as an option over what's out there like Peter DeBoer.  Could be worst.  I wouldn't wish for this to be their options, but the higher office could be old-fashion in bringing in either Torts or Babcock.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 06:05:44 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Peter DeBoer? God I hope not. I actually want to root for the Bruins.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I think Trotz would do well in shaping Detroit, tbh.  The 'established' coaching pool is pretty thin.  I think that's why we're seeing a lot more fresh blood - Woodcroft, Keefe, St. Louis as examples.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I think Trotz would do well in shaping Detroit, tbh.

Yeah…..I could see that.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't know. I don't think they're going to go from one hard ass to another.

Tortorella perhaps?

Peter DeBoer? God I hope not. I actually want to root for the Bruins.

If they sign DeBoer they’re idiots. He should never work in the pros again.