Author Topic: NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.  (Read 81671 times)

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
Good fucking lord.
 Smith....

Goal against from the opposing blue line

Alls well that ends well regardless.
Thankfully,  but it was definitely trending the other way

Oilers looked like the better team for most of the game. McDavid continuing to leave defenders in the dust, so if I'm Calgary, there's no way to justify giving the Oilers ANY power play opportunities. And even with that stupid short-handed goal against, I'm taking Smith over Markstrom.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Because it's not close.  That's how.

The only reason one might consider “It’s not even close” is A) because Perron missed, or B) Homerism.  If he’d have landed with that elbow, that would’ve been worse than anything Kadr has done, because it was a clear attempt at a headshot AND a free the goal AND an attempt to injure. And just as bad as the Hunter hit.

Tim’s got it right on this one.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
But, heaven knows, that true objective analysis on this is going to come from an Avs Blues fan.

Fixed for this instance.   :biggrin:

Cumin dude. If ANY Avs player had thrown that kind of elbow at Khyru or Tarasenko after a goal, you’d be losing your ever-loving mind.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Because it's not close.  That's how.

The only reason one might consider “It’s not even close” is A) because Perron missed, or B) Homerism.  If he’d have landed with that elbow, that would’ve been worse than anything Kadr has done, because it was a clear attempt at a headshot AND a free the goal AND an attempt to injure. And just as bad as the Hunter hit.

Tim’s got it right on this one.

I'm torn....honestly. Perron clearly tried to drill him....would have been a cheap ass BS play that would warrant a hefty suspension and fine.....but I personally would have loved to see it land because Kadri's a POS and essentially deserves something like that. Only difference is I'd wait until an actual hockey play and not after the play has stopped.

What the big joke is in all of this is that there are a few articles on The Athletic that are hailing Kadri as some sort of 'hero' in the wake of the online bullying and crap he faced after targeting Binnington and ending his season. Like he's some sort of role model or something. Give me an F'n break...seriously. Maybe try not injuring yet another player during the playoffs and you won't face the 'hate'.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Cumin dude.

:neverusethis:

I mean, I know we're all excited about the playoffs but jeesh..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

What the big joke is in all of this is that there are a few articles on The Athletic that are hailing Kadri as some sort of 'hero' in the wake of the online bullying and crap he faced after targeting Binnington and ending his season. Like he's some sort of role model or something. Give me an F'n break...seriously. Maybe try not injuring yet another player during the playoffs and you won't face the 'hate'.

All it took were some idiots on Twitter lobbing racist crap at him to make him the victim.  It is not surprising that the media would then jump on and throw him some love.

Offline pg1067

Cumin dude.

It's critical to good taco seasoning.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Cumin dude.

:neverusethis:

I mean, I know we're all excited about the playoffs but jeesh..

Damn auto correct.  It was a spicy take though, eh?

All it took were some idiots on Twitter lobbing racist crap at him to make him the victim.  It is not surprising that the media would then jump on and throw him some love.

Yeah, I mean.... it's like some people can actually separate their feelings within the game for a general respect towards humanity.

Gary/Kev, I know you aren't these kinds of guys, but the comments almost suggest the hate was warranted.  I'm no fan of Kadri, but I'd never actively wish harm on anyone, and NOTHING warrants the kind of crap he was getting spewed towards him.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Agreed Chad. There were some real ignorant comments, inexcusable for sure.

I'm not suggesting I agree with the comments.......I'm lamenting the fact that Kadri somehow now is some sort of pillar of excellence in how he 'handled' the comments....comments that....while they were vulgar and not helpful.....he ultimately induced by yet again playing dirty and injuring yet another player. I'm just not a fan of him getting praise for handling backlash from an avoidable situation that his own dirty style of play caused.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 11:27:41 AM by gmillerdrake »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I'm not suggesting I agree with the comments.......I'm lamenting the fact that Kadri somehow now is some sort of pillar of excellence in how he 'handled' the comments....comments that....while they were vulgar and not helpful.....he ultimately induced by yet again playing dirty and injuring yet another player. I'm just not a fan of him getting praise for handling backlash from an avoidable situation that his own dirty style of play caused.

First... I never thought for one second you were.

I think where you're coming from is the action (Kadri not avoiding the crease and injuring Binnington), caused a reaction (though, hardly "equal and opposite").  Your stance simply recognizing that the reaction (while deplorable/uncalled for/inappropriate etc ...) was just that ... a RE-action.  If that's the take, I get it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

I'm still amused at how Avs fans are cheering for Kadri like he's their first born.  I saw a pic where tons of fans have signs in support of him tonight.  Those are probably the same genius Colorado fans who would have been talking about how Bill Romanowski (another POS human being) was the second coming back in the late 90s (as a Broncos fan, having that guy on my favorite team was a bit nauseating).  And I get it, we all are fans of teams that have players who have done this or that or who aren't good guys or whatever, but there is a big difference between rooting for them because they are on your favorite team and digging your heels and rooting for them like they are your favorite player, but Avs fans just can't help but show their asses.  But hey, they haven't been past the second round in 20 years and are on the verge of doing so, so they are excited. I get it.  Sure, it took running over the hottest goalie in the playoffs to make it happen, but hockey is a physical battle, and you do what you have to do.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Sorry Gary. No matter how he plays, death threats and such are out of line, and as long as he has to deal with it, he's gonna come out on top. He's just a fucking hockey player at the end of the day.

I get it. Kadri is a dick. But well, I'm not going to take this any further, other than to say that I think you're out of line.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Choke on it, Avs.  That was highly enjoyable.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Choke on it, Avs.  That was highly enjoyable.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

That 4th clinching game is the toughest one to win. Glad the Blues were able to pull that one off…..heck of a comeback and another gritty win.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Watched the game on TV while watching the Celts on my computer.  Big boy win.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
That was a Berube win.  The Blues under Hitchcock would have given up and skated it out to the finish once they fell behind 2-0 in an elimination game, but not a Berube team.  They kept fighting and found a way.  Win or lose this series, I love the mental toughness this team has now.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
That was a Berube win.  The Blues under Hitchcock would have given up and skated it out to the finish once they fell behind 2-0 in an elimination game, but not a Berube team.  They kept fighting and found a way.  Win or lose this series, I love the mental toughness this team has now.

Yep. They could have mailed it in after going down 3-0 and nobody would have thought any worse I’d them. Glad they’re making Colorado earn the next round.

Offline romdrums

Yep. They could have mailed it in after going down 3-0 and nobody would have thought any worse I’d them. Glad they’re making Colorado earn the next round.

I know you're trying to be cautious here, but I hope the Blues ride the momentum from this win into the Conference Finals.  The Avs may have more talent, but the Blues are the better team.  I'll take that any day.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

I know you're trying to be cautious here, but I hope the Blues ride the momentum from this win into the Conference Finals.  The Avs may have more talent, but the Blues are the better team.  I'll take that any day.

A bit...yeah. I mean, Colorado is stacked with talent but they have the history of crapping the bed when crunch time comes. I don't know how much more perfect a scenario they needed than last night to get over the hump and back to the Finals. Up 3-0 with over half the game played, on home ice with the crowd fired up...c'mon...that should have been a slam dunk victory

I'm hoping that this screws with their psyche now and the pressure starts to set in. The Blues players have been there and know how to handle it. It'll be interesting to see for sure. Obviously I'm hoping for a Game 7 now but the AV's have a great team.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

The Rangers are running out of gas. Even if they pull this one out, I don’t know how much they have left in the tank, and the winner of this series has a well rested Lightning team waiting for them.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Anguyen92

SchecterShredder.  Your team did it.  Oilers in the final four now.  McDavid with another final goal of the series, this time in OT.  You feel good against either Blues or Avs?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
SchecterShredder.  Your team did it.  Oilers in the final four now.  McDavid with another final goal of the series, this time in OT.  You feel good against either Blues or Avs?

Happy for SchecterShredder because that’s exciting. All the years of them not making any noise with the best player in the world and they’re finally in the finals. Gotta feel good.

But not exactly the toughest road to walk to get there. I personally think either the Blues or the AVs take them in 5….maybe 6. I just don’t think they’ve played a real tough team yet. Maybe they’ll surprise me but just not seeing it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Happy for SchecterShredder because that’s exciting. All the years of them not making any noise with the best player in the world and they’re finally in the finals. Gotta feel good.

But not exactly the toughest road to walk to get there. I personally think either the Blues or the AVs take them in 5….maybe 6. I just don’t think they’ve played a real tough team yet. Maybe they’ll surprise me but just not seeing it.

I think seeing McDavid/Draisatl dissect a Sutter-coached / defensive minded team the way they did bodes well.  Mike Smith just needs to play "good enough" for four games (as he did last night).  That 2nd period was bonkers.  4 (combined) goals in 1:11 (fastest NHL Playoff history)!?!?!?  Goaltending was not good throughout this series for either side.

Congrats Rich!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
I got to watch almost all of the Alberta series, how absolutely bonkers the whole thing was.

I still feel like the Avs will move on and would have the upper hand on the Oilers, but if that series proved anything it's that if McDavid and Draisaitl are playing, then anything is possible.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Thanks everyone! I'm pretty excited about them being in the conference final. They played both the Blues and Avs pretty well this season.  2-1 against the Blues; 1-2 against the Avs, and those 2 losses were 1 goal games. I don't expect a win,  but i think it's at least a close series.  And with the likes of McDavid and Draisaitl the Oil could easily steal a series against pretty much any team. 

Either way this shakes out, it's been a fun post season!

Offline romdrums

McJesus and Draisatl are playing at an unbelievable level right now.  26 points in 12 games for each of them?  That's Gretzky-esque.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
McJesus and Draisatl are playing at an unbelievable level right now.  26 points in 12 games for each of them?  That's Gretzky-esque.

Yup. And to think that i once, in this very forum, suggested the Oil trade Leon and the 3rd overall pick for PK Subban. That would have been Milbury-esque bad.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks everyone! I'm pretty excited about them being in the conference final. They played both the Blues and Avs pretty well this season.  2-1 against the Blues; 1-2 against the Avs, and those 2 losses were 1 goal games. I don't expect a win,  but i think it's at least a close series.  And with the likes of McDavid and Draisaitl the Oil could easily steal a series against pretty much any team. 

Either way this shakes out, it's been a fun post season!

If they play the AVs…..which is highly likely…..I’ll become an Oilers fan pretty quickly. Won’t be hard to cheer for them.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

If they play the AVs…..which is highly likely…..I’ll become an Oilers fan pretty quickly. Won’t be hard to cheer for them.

Rooting for Evander Kane, eh? :P

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Rooting for Evander Kane, eh? :P

Honestly I detest the AVs as whole at this point so I guess that’s a reluctant ‘yep’

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I don't think the Avs are an easy team to hate other than Kadri, but I get it.  Easy to develop a little hate for the team that knocks your team out of the playoffs.

Blues were outplayed in the 1st period, but lead 1-0.  The regular season Husso showed up tonight so far.

Offline Anguyen92

Kev, Gary.  You have my sympathies.  That's pretty brutal to witness a team give up a series ending goal with less than 6 seconds to go.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Kev, Gary.  You have my sympathies.  That's pretty brutal to give up a series ending goal with less than 6 seconds to go.

Thanks. Blues deserved that loss. Kyrou has two golden chances to make it 3-1 at the end of the second period and misses both…..Paryako takes a delay of game for some reason to give them a gift PP

Plus….Colorado straight brought it. They came to win. Oh well. I hope they get smoked by Edmonton but I don’t see it happening.

Still think Kadris BS play injuring Binnkngton win the AVs the series. He’s a POS and if karma has any sense of equality his MCL will snap celebrating

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So with apologies to Gary and Kev, I am so happy the Blues are out. 2019 sucked any enjoyment of me seeing them play hockey. Other than my childhood favorite team of the Islanders, the Blues had always been my favorite non Bruins team as an adult, and I want to puke every time they're on TV.

Sorry guys. You'd feel the same, trust me.

Chad, better to lose in the first round..