General > General Discussion

NHL (2021-2022) v. Congrats Avs. Jack Johnson is a Stanley Cup Champion.

(1/435) > >>

Anguyen92:
Previous season thread: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=55798.0

Training camp is upon us, but let us revel in what happened in this offseason.  Well, a lot of free agents signed for a buttload of money.  I think the final total of dollars in free agents for the league in the contracts signed has to be over $1 Billion.  Lots of "named" value defensemen had signed to some rather lengthy and huge contracts.

There are still some RFAs that are key players to their respective teams that still needs a deal.  Kirill Kaprizov (Wild), Elias Pettersson and Quinn Hughes (Canucks), Brady Tkachuk (Senators), and many others.

Will guys like Jack Eichel or Vladimir Tarasenko get traded before the season starts?

Also, the NHL stated that they will, reluctantly it seems, move forward with sending their players to the Olympics for the Winter Games next year.  However, and why the question marks in the title, it seems like they will have an out clause if certain things does not look favorable to their decision.  They will have until January to opt out, I think.

Anywho, let's us enjoy this full season and maybe we can go see a game or two live.  I'm looking at the Kings' weekend home game schedules and not many great matchups there for the rest of 2021.  They are playing the Habs on 10/30, but that's the same day as the DT show in LA, and I already bought the tickets for DT, oh well.

Edit: Shoot, I actually have a better subtitle in mind.  I forgot about Seattle.  We'll see what surprises they have for us in their first season.

jingle.boy:
First!  With preseason coming up, I'm glad someone finally started a new thread.

Don't think I'm going back in on my Sabres season tickets, given the US border is still closed to essential personnel only.  I have no idea how Eichel moves, and anyone 'wins' the trade.  That is the most fucked up player situation in the last ... long while.  No idea what the sticking points are for those outstanding RFAs, but I don't think the Canucks are going to see Hughes or Peterson sit.  Kaprizov might "sit" in Russia though.

King Postwhore:
Patrice Bergeron said he will wait until after the season to decide if he will play another season with the B's.  He's in his 18th season.  If this is indeed his last season, no one did it better, classier than he did.

jingle.boy:

--- Quote from: kingshmegland on September 10, 2021, 11:27:33 AM ---Patrice Bergeron said he will wait until after the season to decide if he will play another season with the B's.  He's in his 18th season.  If this is indeed his last season, no one did it better, classier than he did.

--- End quote ---

Ain't gonna argue that.

SchecterShredder:
My group gave up our Oilers season seats before the 2019-20 season, and it honestly hasn't bothered me one bit. Will i miss going to playoff games? Sure, but i found myself not even wanting to go to regular season games because of the inconvenience (travel, cost -a beer or 2, parking if i drove instead of used the train, getting home at 11 or midnight and up at 5 the next morning). Having the benefit of hindsight in regard to covid, it makes it decision that much better. Sportsnet does a good enough job with the broadcast that I'd rather watch at home.

I'm optimistic about the Oilers. As was mentioned by others in the other thread, they're almost a lock for the playoffs in a weak Pacific Division. Overall, i think the team is better this year than last year, and I'll be surprised if they aren't pushing Vegas for the division.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version