Author Topic: The Matrix: Resurrections - NEW TEASER - SPOILERS ahead  (Read 6867 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 03:36:34 PM by MinistroRaven »

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: The Matrix: Resurrections - Trailer premieres in 2 days
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 01:45:17 PM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 01:54:56 PM »
I hope it's not awful.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 03:42:58 PM »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 04:20:41 PM »
:lolpalm: Oh dear. back when I first heard about a Matrix 4 - I just knew instantly it would be called Matrix Resurrections.

The least imaginative title ever. Makes me think of Alien Resurrection - also the 4th film in the franchise - and frickin terrible.

But at least it didn't go with The Rise Of The Matrix. Which is a straight to DVD sequel title.

Anyway - loved the trilogy ( Revolutions is better than its Reputation - whilst Reloaded adds NOTHING to the story ) - So looking forward to this in the cinema.

Edit : Cool how they got Neo to say the exact time I was watching. Although He said " it's 11:22 " and it's actually 23:22 HAHA YOU LOSE IDIOT!!!!

Edit 2  : Bit weird how Bill Pope isn't the DOP when his cinematography DEFINED those films. However the brief clips we see look like Matrix 1 - just...modernised and updated.

So we shall see.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 04:25:57 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 05:18:38 PM »

Edit 2  : Bit weird how Bill Pope isn't the DOP when his cinematography DEFINED those films. However the brief clips we see look like Matrix 1 - just...modernised and updated.

So we shall see.

Just got to watch the teaser myself and I got that sense as well. It's got the feel of Matrix 1, so I'm on board.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 03:55:44 AM »
I am fully expecting this film to be at least decent. The Wachowski(s) haven't done much of note since Matrix Revolutions.

Jupiter Ascending *looked* good but the story was just terrible. They're great directors and they can shoot action. But they need someone else to write their scripts

and dialogue.

Secondly - I am also fully expecting a Jurassic World / Force Awakens / Tron Legacy style Soft Reboot - where it's essentially the original film again but it's also a sequel to it.

If the original film wasn't just " The Matrix ". Then this one definitely would be.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 07:02:28 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ix7TUGVYIo

ITS HERE

FOLLOW THE WHITE REBOOT !!  ;D ;D

EDIT :o OMG. In one way i'm glad that it doesn't have the look of the first 3. This looks intriguing and ridiculously epic. I got chills and teared up when the original theme played right at the end.

Holy cow I can't wait for this. Please don't suck   :sadpanda: :sadpanda:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 07:08:36 AM by Kotowboy »

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 07:18:23 AM »
I have no idea what the story is supposed to be about, but there's Keanu Reeves, Carrie Ann Moss and it looks like The Matrix!

I love The Matrix trilogy, even Reloaded and Revolutions. I truly hope this is going to be good!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 07:20:53 AM »
Back before Revolutions came out - people were hypothesising about a Matrix-within-a-matrix.

What if Neo defeating Smith and ending the war was just another way of controlling the anomaly in the program ( Neo )

And "Neo" never actually exited the Pod at all ?

He 'defeats' Smith - ends the war etc. Then they just erase his memory and he goes back to his normal life.

Dunno. No idea. We shall see.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 07:21:54 AM »
So we don't get Laurence Fishburne (Morpheus), and instead we have Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. I hope Laurence makes at least an appearance.

Looks good though, I'm in  :corn
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 07:23:36 AM »
Watched it twice now in 1080HD and full screen on my big monitor ;D

Looks great and as I sad - intriguing. I said the cinematography defined the look of the trilogy. But now i'm GLAD it doesn't look like them

as it would have looked too much like " AND WE'RE BACK !!! ". It *NEEDS* to be its own thing. And it looks like it is.

I'm so excited now. Can't wait to see this on the big screen.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 07:31:12 AM »
There are gonna be some people who cannot wait to rip this film to shreds - but even if it's bad - i'm sure gonna enjoy the heck out of watching it.  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2021, 08:06:35 AM »
Looks very cool and fun. I just hope the story is as good. If the story is good like the first one, then it looks like a great time. If they try to go super convoluted like in almost everything else they've done, then not so much. But, depending on COVID, I will be seeing this in theaters.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2021, 08:10:30 AM »
Really liked the trailer. I'm all in.

Hopefully it can delivery. Can't wait to see it in the theater.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2021, 08:11:48 AM »
There is no way that i'm not seeing this in a cinema.

Offline Adami

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2021, 08:16:39 AM »
There is no way that i'm not seeing this in a cinema.

This totally depends on Covid for me. I saw Shang Chi in a local small cinema and it was....lacking. If I'm going to see a movie like The Matrix in theaters, it better be a big IMAX with great sound. Anything less just feels pointless for this kind of thing. Those theaters, however, tend to be VERY packed and crowded. So we'll see where covid is.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2021, 08:34:17 AM »
I'm hyped for this and something I really liked with the trailer were the things it didn't do. We didn't get a techno or nu metal sounding song to go with a green filter to show us "Hey guys it's a new Matrix movie" but instead they went for a different look and a different feel, and I did like the song pick. Very curious to see how this will play into the bigger story.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2021, 08:48:45 AM »
Trailer did it's job on me......pretty pumped to see that  :metal
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2021, 03:53:30 PM »
I'm hyped for this and something I really liked with the trailer were the things it didn't do. We didn't get a techno or nu metal sounding song to go with a green filter to show us "Hey guys it's a new Matrix movie" but instead they went for a different look and a different feel, and I did like the song pick. Very curious to see how this will play into the bigger story.

All of this. I'm intrigued. I actually love that they've gone for a different feel instead of the green filter everywhere and all characters in black.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Matrix: Resurrections - Trailer in 1st post - SPOILERS ahead
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2021, 04:37:39 PM »
Also I saw the trailer for Picard S2. And whilst I love John DeLance and Q and i'm optimistic it will be better than S1... I was like MEH.. That Matrix Trailer gave me ALL. THe. FEELS.  :sadpanda: :sadpanda:

That line in the Picard trailer " I will bring us home...together!!" feels so clunky to me.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2021, 06:54:16 AM »
Yeah, looked tasty to me.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2021, 07:28:02 AM »
Looks like a good movie, but I sure could have done without White Rabbit being played through the whole trailer..  :facepalm:
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2021, 08:06:59 AM »
Looks like a good movie, but I sure could have done without White Rabbit being played through the whole trailer..  :facepalm:

Seemed fitting, since the whole series started with Neo following the white rabbit. Unless you just don't like the song, then it makes sense. :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2021, 08:18:13 AM »
Yeah I actually loved the song choice. As someone else said above they could have gone the easy route and had some 2001 Nu Metal track playing.

That plus the fact that the cinematography is completely different. It looks gorgeous visually. That's what The Wachowskis were always good at.

Jupiter Ascending was a stupid film - but it LOOKED fantastic.

Anyway - the trailer music plus the new look makes me optimistic that Resurrections won't JUST BE a nostalgia fest and a soft reboot of the first movie.

When that guy says " Back to where it all started..back to The MATRIX...." and the code comes down with the original theme and the title came up..

...I got chills. I BADLY want this to be good. . .  :'(

Keanu says the whole film is very meta... So i'm hoping it will be cleverer than just MATRIX 4 for the cash.

Finally it looks like there is a lot to get through in this film. Why is Neo alive? Where is he now? Is this a new Matrix years from now? How does he get to be Neo again?

How does he meet up with Trinity again? What is the new threat ? Is it the start of a new trilogy (trinity?) .. In one way if this film is amazing i'd love more

but on the other hand I'd love this to be a full stop. Like - ok this is a 2.5 hour film to fully wrap up this franchise. We're going out all guns blazing. Enjoy.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2021, 09:16:56 AM »
What I gathered from the trailer is that it seems that Neo has been put into a newer version of the matrix and then somehow convinced over time that the events of the first matrix were all the product of a delusion.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2021, 09:31:23 AM »
What I gathered from the trailer is that it seems that Neo has been put into a newer version of the matrix and then somehow convinced over time that the events of the first matrix were all the product of a delusion.

This is what I suspect as well!

I'm guessing that Yahya Abdul Mateen II is playing either the son of Morpheus, or a younger version of Morpheus. But why would Morpheus be younger, if Neo and Trinity have seemingly aged since we last saw them? ???

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2021, 09:34:33 AM »

Seemed fitting, since the whole series started with Neo following the white rabbit. Unless you just don't like the song, then it makes sense. :lol
Yeah pretty much this.  The song blows!   :xbones
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline jammindude

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2021, 10:04:57 AM »

This is what I suspect as well!

I'm guessing that Yahya Abdul Mateen II is playing either the son of Morpheus, or a younger version of Morpheus. But why would Morpheus be younger, if Neo and Trinity have seemingly aged since we last saw them? ???

To me, the obvious conclusion is that the Matrix has to seem real, and since time has passed, Neo and Trinity would age. Meanwhile, in the real world, Morpheus has died and someone (maybe related, maybe not) is taken his position.

Offline Adami

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2021, 10:08:45 AM »
I think the actor confirmed he’s playing Morpheus.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2021, 10:22:05 AM »

Huh. Well, maybe it’s just his projection. Who of us wouldn’t want to be a physically younger version of ourselves.  ;D

But in the end, it could just as well be a suspension of disbelief thing. We’ve all forgiven a lot greater sins if the story is good enough

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2021, 11:33:08 AM »

Huh. Well, maybe it’s just his projection. Who of us wouldn’t want to be a physically younger version of ourselves.  ;D

But in the end, it could just as well be a suspension of disbelief thing.
And we are entertained..   :corn

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2021, 05:20:13 AM »
Youtube comments are all " this has huge flop written all over it ".

I don't see how. It's a hell of a trailer. It's intriguing as hell.

Plus John Wick fans will wanna see it. Matrix fans will wanna see it. Casual movie / sci fi fans will wanna see it. plus repeat viewings for " the 81,000 things you missed !!! ".

I think at worst it will do well. Not Marvel levels but I predict around £270m - $350m.

I just can't see this being a gigantic turkey. And it's streaming for the first month too so anyone with HBO can watch it at home.

...I wonder if YouTube revenue is counted as profit? The main trailer already has 25 million views. Plus there's gonna be hundreds of

THE NEW TRAILER EXPLAINED!!! videos which i;m assuming all count as royalties. . . I'd love to know.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 05:30:11 AM by Kotowboy »