Author Topic: Twosuitsluke's Second Roulette v. Final Results Part 2  (Read 64441 times)

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Re: Twosuitsluke's Second Roulette v. Final First Impressions
« Reply #1820 on: January 27, 2023, 09:32:03 AM »
On Beyond the Pale.  And Kip's brother Paul was an engineer on Squeeze.  Good lord, how deep is this rabbit hole of Kevin Bacon?  TAC is beside himself with all this Winger and affiliates talk!  Luke better save us all from the conniption with some results before this turns into the official thread for them. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1821 on: January 27, 2023, 02:44:41 PM »
Luke, how about an impression update before these guys go all Winger here.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1822 on: January 27, 2023, 02:49:43 PM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1823 on: January 27, 2023, 03:16:43 PM »
Not sure Bosk would approve of that around here. Wolfking..would definitely approve.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1824 on: January 27, 2023, 03:44:01 PM »
Is there a story behind his avatar?  It seems like a troll move, but maybe there's more to it. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1825 on: January 27, 2023, 03:58:03 PM »
Is there a story behind his avatar?  It seems like a troll move, but maybe there's more to it.

Wolfking loves himself some Kip, and the lightning was added after his accident.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1826 on: January 28, 2023, 01:59:03 AM »
Hey-o, just catching up. Weird night, my wife and I used paint stripper to try stripping all the paint off our stairs (yes,this is how we now spend a kid free evening) and the fumes set off our carbon monoxide detector. My wife panicked, we called 111 and they advised we go to hospital for a blood test.

Well we were in and out quicker than expected, and we were all clear, but it ended up wiping out part of our night and we got home really late.

So yea, apologies for getting back to the Winger thread later than planned. Here's the updated First Impressions...

You know what, these vocals are really  refreshing.

TAC: Well, this is straight up [redacted genre] which reminds me of [redacted artist]. Well they released a great album last year so im loving more than ever at the momeng.

Wolfking: Solid and reliable, which will likely be reflected in the score.

Evermind: Music from this country just has something special about it.

Kingshmegland: I think this sound may be too dated for me.

LithoJazzoSphere: You've potentially gained some sneaky guest vocalist points here. Not sure if that was intentional or not?

Ariich: You probably should've sent like this earlier.

Covers a few different styles I enjoy. Also possible influence on some bands I quite like.

There's only two left but I think it's pretty obvious which one belongs to Buddyhunter1 and which to Nick. Better get my ass moving with results now!

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1827 on: January 28, 2023, 08:15:56 AM »
LithoJazzoSphere: You've potentially gained some sneaky guest vocalist points here. Not sure if that was intentional or not?

Now that it's confirmed, it didn't have anything to do with the initial selection of Jeff, but as I tested some different combinations and orders of songs, once I double-checked your list and last.fm, it ensured that I kept the Ihsahn track as "saving the best for last", hoping you'd like it even more than I do. 

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1828 on: January 28, 2023, 08:34:47 AM »
There's only two left but I think it's pretty obvious which one belongs to Buddyhunter1 and which to Nick.

I'm the last one. :lol
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1829 on: January 28, 2023, 03:23:28 PM »
Hey-o, just catching up. Weird night, my wife and I used paint stripper to try stripping all the paint off our stairs (yes,this is how we now spend a kid free evening) and the fumes set off our carbon monoxide detector. My wife panicked, we called 111 and they advised we go to hospital for a blood test.

Wow!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1830 on: January 28, 2023, 03:53:19 PM »

Wolfking loves himself some Kip, and the lightning was added after his accident.

From memory after the whole thing with Tim and Winger years ago, correct me if I'm wrong but bosk I think changed all of our avatars to a picture of the band to troll Tim.  Now, I've always liked the band and Kip is one cool good looking guy, that was about it, but the joke just grew about a man crush and I always play on it. 

Now, everyone else changed their avatar back but myself and Jon (Big Hath) just decided to keep it and roll with it.  After my accident and the thread I made about it, the jokes started to come and I was presented with this avatar by.......was it Joe, or Kev?  Anyway, so this incarnation of the avatar could indeed be considered a troll, but it was all originally a troll on Tim.  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1831 on: January 28, 2023, 03:59:38 PM »

From memory after the whole thing with Tim and Winger years ago, correct me if I'm wrong but bosk I think changed all of our avatars to a picture of the band to troll Tim.  Now, I've always liked the band and Kip is one cool good looking guy, that was about it, but the joke just grew about a man crush and I always play on it. 

Now, everyone else changed their avatar back but myself and Jon (Big Hath) just decided to keep it and roll with it.  After my accident and the thread I made about it, the jokes started to come and I was presented with this avatar by.......was it Joe, or Kev?  Anyway, so this incarnation of the avatar could indeed be considered a troll, but it was all originally a troll on Tim.  :lol

He did that during the infamous Winger Round in my first roulette. The reactions were priceless.  :lol

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1832 on: January 29, 2023, 12:54:27 PM »
So Luke's first impression of everything except king's is at least mildly positive, which means king is coming in at the last moment with the surprise victory. 

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1833 on: January 29, 2023, 01:10:49 PM »
So Luke's first impression of everything except king's is at least mildly positive, which means king is coming in at the last moment with the surprise victory.

I'm hoping for an 8 way tie personally

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1834 on: January 29, 2023, 01:21:33 PM »
I'm totally up for a sudden death single song finale. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 08:25:34 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1835 on: January 29, 2023, 01:23:27 PM »
I'll totally up for a sudden death single song finale.

I will only expect music with Cyborg Monologues

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1836 on: January 29, 2023, 04:00:31 PM »

He did that during the infamous Winger Round in my first roulette. The reactions were priceless.  :lol

Definitely one of the biggest mic drops of all time in my time being on here.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1837 on: January 29, 2023, 04:29:34 PM »
It was me that added the lightning.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1838 on: February 04, 2023, 01:03:06 AM »
Better get my ass moving with results now!

:biggrin:
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1839 on: February 05, 2023, 04:42:07 AM »
Sorry guys, been kinda out of action the last few days, as I've been having bad stomach cramps. I'll be taking the day off work tomorrow and trying to get in to see my doctor, so my plan is to try and smash out a load of writeups if I'm not feeling too uncomfortable.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1840 on: February 06, 2023, 06:30:13 AM »
How’s your tummy today?

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1841 on: February 06, 2023, 12:03:36 PM »
Good enough that I ended up working today  :tdwn

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1842 on: February 06, 2023, 06:19:26 PM »
Good enough that I ended up working today  :tdwn

Oh no!  :lol

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1843 on: February 10, 2023, 02:44:28 PM »
OK, I can only apologise for how behind I am with this final round, and the lack of updates.

I've put in the hours this evening and drafted up the writeups for everything. This round feels like a bitch to try and score to be honest. Don't expect results in the next 24 hours or anything, but we are getting closer!

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1844 on: February 10, 2023, 03:50:51 PM »
It's okay, results have taken so long I've already made it to the acceptance stage of grief. :biggrin:
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1845 on: February 10, 2023, 03:53:52 PM »
It's okay, results have taken so long I've already made it to the acceptance stage of grief. :biggrin:

As long as he beats 425 I think I can live with it.   :police:   As to what the results are, I don't know if I'll be able to live with those.   ;D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1846 on: February 10, 2023, 03:54:17 PM »

Me too.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1847 on: February 10, 2023, 03:57:53 PM »
The one thing that I am upset about is that I discovered a new band like one week after sending for the final round that would have been perfect for it. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1848 on: February 10, 2023, 03:59:04 PM »
Yeah, that's really upsetting...

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1849 on: February 10, 2023, 04:00:31 PM »

I'll send them to you in your roulette eventually and then you can decide if they upset you or not. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1850 on: February 10, 2023, 04:02:32 PM »

I'll send them to you in your roulette eventually and then you can decide if they upset you or not. :lol

Yeah, why stop now?  ;D

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1851 on: February 10, 2023, 04:06:13 PM »
I have more rounds to be upset in as well.  :p

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1852 on: February 12, 2023, 03:59:25 PM »
It's damn fucking impressive that this thing started on the 1st of September 2021!

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #1853 on: February 13, 2023, 12:30:51 AM »
By impressive I assume you mean infuriating.

I don't know what the record for the longest running roulette (that reaches completion) is but it was no intention of mine to try to beat it. I just really such at hosting roulettes  :loser:

I know we are inundated with roulettes at the moment but remember, when I started this it was the only one running,and the first in some time.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1854 on: February 13, 2023, 12:39:11 AM »
Also it's important to remember that apart from a bit of a delay for this final round, the general pace was never slow. There was just a full year hiatus.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.