Twosuitsluke's Second Roulette v. Final Results Part 2

Started by twosuitsluke, September 01, 2021, 04:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacul

QuoteFeel like I've heard it all before, which could go one of two ways.
:corn

HOF

I don't think this is mine but I don't know what else could be mine:

I don't actually really know anything about this band, but I know this is some funky ass bass.

King Postwhore

You've got balls kid, I respect that. My thoughts went from 'nope' to 'this is actually a bit like something I enjoy'.

Mine?
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

twosuitsluke

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on November 17, 2022, 06:40:20 AM
Quote from: twosuitsluke on November 16, 2022, 11:54:05 PM
I love Opeth! But Opeth imitators...

Eh I wouldn't say that, the song I sent is heavier than anything post-Watershed but more overtly proggy than anything pre-Heritage.

You all should be able to guess mine pretty easily now. :lol

Just stirring the pot  :lol  yea, wouldn't say they were imitators, but definitely some shared similarities.

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on November 17, 2022, 06:40:25 AM
Barren Earth, I'm pretty sure.  More of an Opeth-Amorphis blend. 

I guess the melodeath components in Orpheus Omega have things in common with Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Trivium, and such from the NWOAHM, but the lack of -core elements and the presence of more Europower melodies and keyboards put it in a quite different wing.  I suppose this is all quibbling about relatively minor differences, but this stuff is important to me.  :p 

I know this stuff is important to you dude. Hell we're all nerds here.

Yea, I think what I picked up on was how some of those NWOAHM bands were influenced by the 90s melodeath scene. Something on that first listen struck me, so I jotted it down.

Quote from: Sacul on November 17, 2022, 06:42:09 AM
QuoteFeel like I've heard it all before, which could go one of two ways.
:corn

When you've finished your popcorn you'll still not have guessed correctly.

Quote from: HOF on November 17, 2022, 06:47:42 AM
I don't think this is mine but I don't know what else could be mine:

I don't actually really know anything about this band, but I know this is some funky ass bass.

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

twosuitsluke

Quote from: kingshmegland on November 17, 2022, 07:34:28 AM
You've got balls kid, I respect that. My thoughts went from 'nope' to 'this is actually a bit like something I enjoy'.

Mine?

See Wayne's World gif above
Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

Sacul

Well my song is hauntingly beautiful but not sci-fi at all, so the only impression left that makes sense is

QuoteI've already spun this album a few times this year, it's good but can it reach 'great'?

HOF

I guessed this one before but don't think I got a direct no on it:

Feel like I've heard it all before, which could go one of two ways.

twosuitsluke

Quote from: Sacul on November 17, 2022, 07:56:48 AM
Well my song is hauntingly beautiful but not sci-fi at all, so the only impression left that makes sense is

QuoteI've already spun this album a few times this year, it's good but can it reach 'great'?

Yours is the hauntingly beautiful one. To me those synths give it a real sci fi feel. I just call em as I see em.

Quote from: HOF on November 17, 2022, 08:01:54 AM

Sorry dude yea, this is you.

romdrums

I've already spun this album a few times this year, it's good but can it reach 'great'?

This one makes sense for mine, I think.

HOF

Quote from: twosuitsluke on November 17, 2022, 08:09:44 AM
Quote from: HOF on November 17, 2022, 08:01:54 AM

Sorry dude yea, this is you.

I've seen worse first impressions!

Revenge319

QuoteYou've got balls kid, I respect that. My thoughts went from 'nope' to 'this is actually a bit like something I enjoy'.

Thinking about it again, maybe mine is this one? Although that's assuming my previous guesses were incorrect.

LithoJazzoSphere

nick_z

Quote from: twosuitsluke on November 16, 2022, 11:54:05 PM

Nick_z: Vocals are a bit dreary, and why can't he enunciate? Guitars sound lovely though.

Well, yes, Carmelo Orlando's vocals are a bit of an acquired taste (although he did progressively get better over time)...they might not be great by any objective standards of, um, great singing, but for me they fit the music and the mood just fine. Dreariness is kind of appropriate in this case  ;)

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Evermind

Hey LithoJazzoSphere, I seem to recall you wanted to have my score in this roulette, we can swap scores now if you wish.

QuoteWell this is better I remembered it! Epic and brutal in the best way. Reminds me a bit of Ihsahn.

Hopefully this is mine then.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

twosuitsluke

Sacul: Hauntingly beautiful and sci fi? Who'd have thought this would work.

Puppies: Is this Lars drumming?

Buddy: Kinda like Opeth, with weirder instruments.

Litho: Wolverine Blues era Entombed playing punk, but the vocals are screechier! No surprises what this one is.

Nick_z: Vocals are a bit dreary, and why can't he enunciate? Guitars sound lovely though.

Romdrums: I've already spun this album a few times this year, it's good but can it reach 'great'?

TAC: Ahh, you went the opposite direction this time (well at least for two thirds of it).

Wolfking: This has that early 00s New Wave of American Heavy Metal sound. Guitar solo should be longer!

Ariich: Like a less Industrial Rammstein fronted by the singer from Bent Knee? Seems accurate.

HOF: Feel like I've heard it all before, which could go one of two ways.

Evermind: Well this is better I remembered it! Epic and brutal in the best way. Reminds me a bit of Ihsahn.

In the words of Coheed and Cambria "What did I do to deserve,
What did I do to deserve,
This? this?"

Maybe it's the cheesiness I like.

Quote from: Evermind on November 18, 2022, 01:47:33 AM
Hey LithoJazzoSphere, I seem to recall you wanted to have my score in this roulette, we can swap scores now if you wish.

QuoteWell this is better I remembered it! Epic and brutal in the best way. Reminds me a bit of Ihsahn.

Hopefully this is mine then.

Certainly is.

Quote from: romdrums on November 17, 2022, 08:53:18 AM
I've already spun this album a few times this year, it's good but can it reach 'great'?

This one makes sense for mine, I think.

Yep, you got it.

Quote from: Revenge319 on November 17, 2022, 10:04:29 AM
QuoteYou've got balls kid, I respect that. My thoughts went from 'nope' to 'this is actually a bit like something I enjoy'.

Thinking about it again, maybe mine is this one? Although that's assuming my previous guesses were incorrect.

None of your guesses have been right yet I'm afraid dude.

I think that's everyone who's guessed correctly so far.

Sacul

King Postwhore

Are you telling me this is mine?  NOOOOOOO!!!

This? this?"
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

LithoJazzoSphere

Quote from: Evermind on November 18, 2022, 01:47:33 AM

No no no, I warned you guys about this.  ;)

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on October 26, 2022, 06:57:39 AMI'd be fine with leaving Evermind's points alone and just starting from scratch, in case he comes back at some point.

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on October 27, 2022, 03:22:14 AMNow you're gonna wish I'd just accepted Evermind's middling points when all my submissions get 10s.   :P

Now I just have to figure out whether it's the result of the smack talk or just beginner's luck.  :p 

twosuitsluke

Quote from: kingshmegland on November 18, 2022, 08:02:10 AM

This? this?"

No, this ain't yours! I don't think you've guessed yours right ready and I missed it, but it ain't this one!

Crow

King Postwhore

Quote from: kingshmegland on November 16, 2022, 02:16:06 PM

Or

Maybe it's the cheesiness I like

Did you miss this?

twosuitsluke

twosuitsluke

Quote from: kingshmegland on November 18, 2022, 11:06:25 AM
Quote from: kingshmegland on November 16, 2022, 02:16:06 PM

Or

Maybe it's the cheesiness I like

Did you miss this?
Clearly  :lol  yea yours is the funky bass one.

Crow

oh no i mean the "you've got balls, kid" by coheed and cambria one  :corn

Revenge319

Quote from: twosuitsluke on November 18, 2022, 01:56:46 AM
This? this?"

It seems like this one's mine... If so, either this is commenting on the lyrics of Twisted Mind, or I'm about to get another 3/10.

Crow

Buddyhunter1

Yeah I mean Twisted Mind isn't that cheesey but... it's still power metal. :neverusethis:

King Postwhore

I thought so. That's why I was like Nooooooo. With the only one I didn't pick! :lol

Elite

Quote from: twosuitsluke on November 18, 2022, 11:01:53 AM
Quote from: kingshmegland on November 18, 2022, 08:02:10 AM

This? this?"

No, this ain't yours! I don't think you've guessed yours right ready and I missed it, but it ain't this one!

No, that one's mine.
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

twosuitsluke

That wraps it up.

Cyril is 'kid'

Revenge is cheese

Elite is Coheed

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

nick_z

Quote from: twosuitsluke on November 16, 2022, 11:41:41 AM

TAC: Illyria - Autumn Fades Away

Tim, I had never heard these guys (never heard OF them, really!)...this track is excellent! Funnily enough, I searched for it on Amazon Music and I didn't realize I had picked the instrumental version  :biggrin: Sounded great, anyway...I did go and listen to the "proper" version with vocals, afterwards...

I'll have to check out the rest of the album too.

TAC