Author Topic: Twosuitsluke's Second Roulette v. Final Results Part 2  (Read 65774 times)

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Re: Twosuitsluke's Second Roulette v. Sign up, I know you've all got blue balls!
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2021, 06:42:18 PM »

Basically you all send songs, we rip on Elite and Sacul for not sending yet, Cyril demands hangmanen, Evermind swoops in and solves all of hangmanen before anyone had guessed a letter, everyone starts spamming popcorn emojis, I make feeble excuses for not delivering results, Cyril sends for the other 9 rounds as he is bored of waiting, TAC forgets what he even sent, repeat over ten rounds taking up to 6 months.

Good luck

You forgot the "Congrats ariich!" part.  ;)

Otherwise, that paragraph is 100% accurate. ;D
Nah, I got this one in the bag! :biggrin:

Would that be a Puppy Bag?
Would that be like a bag full of puppies? Or a bag made out of puppies?

One is definitely cuter than the other...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

• DTF.org Member
Re: Twosuitsluke's Second Roulette v. Sign up, I know you've all got blue balls!
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2021, 06:44:02 PM »
did the thing everyone expects me to have done
Cyril sent John Cage!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2021, 07:53:56 PM »
I'm in for you to yell at me for sending late :metal

• DTF.org Member
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2021, 11:22:34 PM »
Will try and follow this but can't commit to joining unfortunately.

Fair enough dude, this really is going to be a pretty relaxed roulette though. As of yet I've put no restrictions on submissions, no themed rounds, and the pace is likely to be quite slow. If you can't hack it though...

Yeah, I was noticing the lack of Katatonia in the list...however, I assume you are familiar with them (given other names in the banned list)?

Yep, I am familiar. I've listened to a few albums and liked the one from a few years ago that had the bird on the cover  :lol  The best thing with bands like that is check.out my last.fm. You can check out which albums I've listened to then, see what gaps there are. I'll be honest though, I'm not sure how easy it is to navigate that information if you don't have a last.fm account and are following me.

Is there a length limit for songs / submissions?

I've got a big list of potential artists to send, though I'm not quite sure what your tastes are quite yet. Is what you wrote in the last roulette about that still accurate?

No song limit yet, I have a lot of time to listen to music at the moment. However, I may but in a stipulation that you can only song over 15 minutes. Let me have a think. I guess I won't put any limit and see how the first round goes.

My tastes are still pretty much the same. I suppose since the last roulette I have gotten into more post-rock. However, due to the nature of post-rock, I usually love albums as one whole piece,  rather than loving individual songs,  so it may not be so relevant in a roulette. I suppose I listen to more black-gaze kind of stuff? Also going through a bit of a death metal kick at the moment, mainly the classic bands. I'd say I you are thinking of sending death metal, make it on the progressive side.

I AM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

LET ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn

I wouldn't have it any other way!

I'm in for you to yell at me for sending late :metal

Well everyone has already sent round one, come on Slacul!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 11:56:31 PM by twosuitsluke »

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2021, 12:33:52 AM »
Me: *checks inbox as 2 new messages in there.

"I forgot that feeling of getting roulette submissions and the anticipation of what I'm going to get".

*both messages are from Cyril. One with his round one submission, the second following up with all his submissions for the remainder of the roulette.

:lol

Nailed it

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2021, 01:19:08 AM »
Me: *checks inbox as 2 new messages in there.

"I forgot that feeling of getting roulette submissions and the anticipation of what I'm going to get".

*both messages are from Cyril. One with his round one submission, the second following up with all his submissions for the remainder of the roulette.

:lol

Nailed it
That sounds about right  :rollin
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2021, 03:26:46 AM »
Feel free to start sending for round one guys, I'm eager to start listening.

I'll leave the sign ups open for a few more days, see if there are any stragglers.

Online nick_z

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2021, 06:43:53 AM »
When we send the songs - Just artist and title (with link), or some brief context as well? Do you need to go in "blind"?

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2021, 07:15:19 AM »
When we send the songs - Just artist and title (with link), or some brief context as well? Do you need to go in "blind"?

Totally up to you dude. I usually give a bit of context and try to sell it as best I can. However,  there are other times I've taken the opposite approach (due to being short on time) and sent like "This is my submission, you'll probably hate it  :corn ".

The latter, as you'll come to see, is called the Cyril approach.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2021, 07:23:04 AM »
I will send tonight when I get home from work!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online nick_z

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2021, 07:39:22 AM »
Sounds good - first song sent!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2021, 09:14:26 AM »

You had all day yesterday!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2021, 09:15:07 AM »
My submission for Round 1 has been sent!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2021, 10:31:04 AM »

You had all day yesterday!

Nobody backs baby in a corner.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline HOF

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2021, 10:53:59 AM »
Sent!

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2021, 11:00:39 AM »
I know what I wanna send for Round 1 but it looks like the album was taken off of Spotify. >:( I'll send you an mp3 this afternoon.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2021, 12:08:38 PM »
Luke, right now you have 11. I'll make it an even 12 if no one else want to join..

Offline romdrums

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2021, 12:50:59 PM »
I know what I wanna send for Round 1 but it looks like the album was taken off of Spotify. >:( I'll send you an mp3 this afternoon.

Nice one dude

Luke, right now you have 11. I'll make it an even 12 if no one else want to join..

I'd take you up, even if it made an even 13

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2021, 12:57:00 PM »
Since I didn't get a chance to participate in your first roulette (to be fair, I wasn't around back then), I know exactly what I'm going to send and you can expect all 10 rounds in one PM. To everyone else it should be very obvious what I will send :metardica:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2021, 01:02:10 PM »
To everyone else it should be very obvious what I will send :metardica:

Will it?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2021, 01:14:07 PM »
Yea I've followed recent roulettes enough to feel like I should know what you're on about, but I don't  :lol

Just a heads up guys, I know I said I'd see how the pacing goes for the first few rounds, before deciding on whether to have eliminations towards the end. Well don't hold back with a your good shit, get it in in case I do decide on eliminations. I'll obviously give you as much notice as possible. I want to try to do as much as I can with a full roster though.

At the moment, not to derail my own thread, I'm too distracted by the new Wheel of Time trailer that's just dropped!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2021, 01:51:26 PM »
Yea I've followed recent roulettes enough to feel like I should know what you're on about, but I don't  :lol

What 'recent roulettes'? There hasn't been one in ages!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2021, 01:57:30 PM »

Just a heads up guys, I know I said I'd see how the pacing goes for the first few rounds, before deciding on whether to have eliminations towards the end. Well don't hold back with a your good shit, get it in in case I do decide on eliminations. I'll obviously give you as much notice as possible. I want to try to do as much as I can with a full roster though.

At the moment, not to derail my own thread, I'm too distracted by the new Wheel of Time trailer that's just dropped!
Ooh, I need to check out that trailer right NOW! brb.....
aka Puppies_On_Acid

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2021, 01:57:49 PM »
By the way.....

Sent! :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online nick_z

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2021, 02:17:11 PM »

Are we supposed to send multiple rounds at once, or is it up to anyone's discretion? I thought you'd potentially have themed rounds at some point...
What is your preference? A little bit at a time or being flooded with songs?  ;D

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2021, 02:28:08 PM »
One at a time, preferably later than everyone else :tup
Squ

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2021, 02:29:56 PM »
By the way.....

Sent! :metal

Nice one  :tup

Are we supposed to send multiple rounds at once, or is it up to anyone's discretion? I thought you'd potentially have themed rounds at some point...
What is your preference? A little bit at a time or being flooded with songs?  ;D

No, I admit that may have been confusing. I meant that if you have quality songs, don't save them for later rounds, send them early.

Ignore what Cyril and Puppies have done, that is not the norm  :lol just send one round at a time. That way you can gauge how I've rated other songs and maybe use that to guide what you pick for later rounds. Cyril and Puppies are either overconfident in their picks, or don't give a fuck. I'll let you guess which.

I am planning to do themed rounds, and I was way more prepared in my first roulette. I just wanted to get this thing up and running, and I'll pick themes later. Again, I'll try and give notice. I've realised I didn't mention in the OP, I'll be doing the standard rating of scores out 10. If I do themed rounds I may make them optional with bonus points for going with the theme. I need to come up with some decent themes  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2021, 02:32:48 PM »
absolutely the latter for me
most of my submissions are very different from each other anyways so you liking one of them will have absolutely no bearing on how much you like the others

we've got several flavors of synthpop & edm, r&b, jazz fusion, pop punk, post-hardcore, black metal, and country, idk what music is

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2021, 02:40:50 PM »
absolutely the latter for me
most of my submissions are very different from each other anyways so you liking one of them will have absolutely no bearing on how much you like the others

we've got several flavors of synthpop & edm, r&b, jazz fusion, pop punk, post-hardcore, black metal, and country, idk what music is
I don't know if I went quite that diverse, but I have Black metal, Prog metal, dream pop, technical death metal, classic rock, melodic death metal, indie rock, and prog rock.

I'm overconfident. We'll see how that turns out......Cyril and I will be at the bottom  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2021, 02:45:32 PM »
i mean all the songs i sent are really damn good so i can't wait for half of them to be 4/10s

Online nick_z

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2021, 02:46:50 PM »
No, I admit that may have been confusing. I meant that if you have quality songs, don't save them for later rounds, send them early.

Got it  :tup

Ignore what Cyril and Puppies have done, that is not the norm  :lol just send one round at a time. That way you can gauge how I've rated other songs and maybe use that to guide what you pick for later rounds. Cyril and Puppies are either overconfident in their picks, or don't give a fuck. I'll let you guess which.

:rollin

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2021, 02:56:31 PM »
i mean all the songs i sent are really damn good so i can't wait for half of them to be 4/10s

Are any of them as good as Frames though? Pretty sure that was the best song you sent in my first roulette.