Twosuitsluke's Second Roulette v. Final Results Part 2

Started by twosuitsluke, September 01, 2021, 05:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


twosuitsluke

Goddammit Puppies and Ariich, you made this a really tough call. I'm going to listen to each one more time but there's no clear winner right now.

twosuitsluke

So tie breaker, we've got the following head to head...

Puppies: Minus the Bear - Knights vs. Ariich: Foxy Shazam - The Only Way to My Heart...

These two songs are somewhat similar in some respects, and certainly appeal to types of music I love. I think that musically Minus the Bear is more my jam, and lines up with bands I like. On the other hand Foxy Shazam has a better vocal performance, although it is delivered like a show tune.

Like, seriously this is about as close as it can get between these songs.

On the final listen to Kinghts (which I listened to first) I felt sure it was the winner, but listening to The Only Way to My Heart now, I'm not so sure.

I'm gonna have to just go with my gut and I think Ariich just edges you out here Puppies. I'll have to give Ariich the win.

Thanks for playing though Puppies, you've sent me plenty that I'll be digging into, especially that Woe of Tyrants album from the last round.

On to round 9 now. I'm hoping to deliver results slightly quicker as there are less of you.

As for the final round, I was thinking EP round, but I'd also be happy to go the '20 minutes of music by one artist' route. I'm thinking of leaning towards the latter, unless there is a burning desire from most of you to send EPs?


LithoJazzoSphere

Interesting, some cool horns for Foxy Shazam, but I have way too much history with Minus The Bear to not have been rooting for them. 

Personally, being still relatively green at this, I find the idea of crafting EPs fascinating, trying to see if I can find songs that work together, and potentially using multiple songs I'd been saving up and never managed to fit into one of the earlier rounds. 

Evermind

I'm alright with "20 minutes of music by one artist" mostly because I'm not sure if I have the time to do a proper EP right now.

Also sent in both roulettes.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 11:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Buddyhunter1

Bruh what? I had no idea the final round would be anything other than another single-song round. And yes, I checked the rules! :lol

Agreed with Evermind, I have no idea what to do for an EP so I'd prefer an Ariich-style round if you're going to do something different. That might actually work in my favor for some of the bands I've been considering...

twosuitsluke

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on January 08, 2023, 10:04:49 AM
Interesting, some cool horns for Foxy Shazam, but I have way too much history with Minus The Bear to not have been rooting for them. 

Personally, being still relatively green at this, I find the idea of crafting EPs fascinating, trying to see if I can find songs that work together, and potentially using multiple songs I'd been saving up and never managed to fit into one of the earlier rounds.

I 100% knew you'd be down for an EP, that was a no brained!

Quote from: Evermind on January 08, 2023, 10:22:32 AM
I'm alright with "20 minutes of music by one artist" mostly because I'm not sure if I have the time to do a proper EP right now.

Also sent in both roulettes.

Yea, it's definitely the easier option this late in the game, so happy to go that route if it's the consensus.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on January 08, 2023, 10:44:52 AM
Bruh what? I had no idea the final round would be anything other than another single-song round. And yes, I checked the rules! :lol

Agreed with Evermind, I have no idea what to do for an EP so I'd prefer an Ariich-style round if you're going to do something different. That might actually work in my favor for some of the bands I've been considering...


No, I didn't put it in the rules, and meant to address it before now. If we did end up doing an EP round you guys have time. I haven't even received all the round 9 submissions yet so you've got weeks to put an EP together.

So far it looks like EP round may be more unpopular than the alternative, so I shouldn't worry too much.

LithoJazzoSphere

#1582
I mean, it's 2-1 right now, let's get a few more votes first.  :p

I can definitely work with anything (single song, single artist with time limit, multi-artist EP, or even an album, though that hasn't even been suggested and is probably more time than you want to devote), but they're radically different strategies.  Perhaps it's partially because I've been in 425's roulette, which is single artist/multiple song, so I've already been doing that, and others are burned out from Puppies' EP roulette, whereas I hadn't "discovered" roulettes in time to participate in that one, so that's a more novel experience.  And I'm starting to lose hope that 425's will ever get to the EP rounds.   :lol   I've already made two for it that I keep tweaking in case it happens.   :justjen

nick_z

My vote is for 20 minutes (or something) from one artist...mostly because I already have a couple ideas...  :)

TAC

Yeah, make it 4-1.  ;D


...and I have no ideas.  :lol


Hangman tomorrow or what?

LithoJazzoSphere

And I have dozens of ideas...just need to decide on one.   :hat

LithoJazzoSphere

I think I may have already found my single artist EP.  It couldn't be more perfect, coming in at 19:59.  Have to think more about it, but this is the gold standard to beat for now.  Assuming Luke doesn't change the tentative rules to fuck with us.  ;)

twosuitsluke

Quote from: TAC on January 08, 2023, 05:40:55 PM
Hangman tomorrow or what?

I'd love to, but still waiting on King, Wolfking and Ariich! You want to exercise your authority here?

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on January 08, 2023, 09:31:14 PM
I think I may have already found my single artist EP.  It couldn't be more perfect, coming in at 19:59.  Have to think more about it, but this is the gold standard to beat for now.  Assuming Luke doesn't change the tentative rules to fuck with us.  ;)

Nah, I reckon this late in the game 20 minutes of music is easier than an EP. If you want to make it flow like an EP then great, but there won't be any extra points for good flow.

King Postwhore

I will get you a song tonight after I visit my dad in the hospital.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

ariich


Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 06:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 07:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

twosuitsluke

Quote from: kingshmegland on January 09, 2023, 06:50:30 AM
I will get you a song tonight after I visit my dad in the hospital.

Hey, no rush at all King, family comes first  :heart

Quote from: ariich on January 09, 2023, 06:56:38 AM
I survived somehow!

Sent for round 9.

Clearly you destined to win another roulette. Send your 10/10 whenever you're ready.

ariich

Quote from: twosuitsluke on January 09, 2023, 06:58:39 AM
Clearly you destined to win another roulette.
Mathematically implausible, albeit not technically impossible.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 06:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 07:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 08:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 08:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

twosuitsluke

Hey all, I'm still just waiting on Wolfking to send then I can fire up a hangman that I swear will have normal spacing  :lol

Without going into too much boring detail, I've been having lots of meetings and calls this week to try and sort out the additional educational needs my son needs for nursery/school. It's really stressful and my wife is finding it all really hard, so I have been finding it hard to find time for DTF as well. Just a heads up, but I hope to keep this round to a good pace.

LithoJazzoSphere


Buddyhunter1

Assuming we're doing 20 minutes, single artist for the final round I think I have it down to two good options. Picking which one to send will be difficult.

ariich


Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 06:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 07:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

wolfking

Ah shit....sorry.  not gonna lie, I just didn't give this a thought.  I've had fuck all time for DTF also. I'll send something before I fall asleep.

twosuitsluke

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on January 10, 2023, 04:00:18 PM
Assuming we're doing 20 minutes, single artist for the final round I think I have it down to two good options. Picking which one to send will be difficult.

Yea we'll go with 20 minutes of one artist  :tup

Quote from: ariich on January 10, 2023, 10:08:46 PM
No worries Luke, take the time you need.

:heart

Quote from: wolfking on January 11, 2023, 03:16:45 AM
Ah shit....sorry.  not gonna lie, I just didn't give this a thought.  I've had fuck all time for DTF also. I'll send something before I fall asleep.

Honestly no worries dude.

wolfking

Just sent something.  Not sure if you know them though.

twosuitsluke

#1600
Quote from: wolfking on January 11, 2023, 04:08:56 AM
Just sent something.  Not sure if you know them though.

Cheers dude, yea you're good with this band  :tup

Let's go properly spaced hangman...


???: ___ _______ _____ - ______ __ _________
???: ____ ___________ - ______ __ ______
???: ____ _____ - ______
???: _________ ____ - ______ _______
???: _______ - ____ _______
???: ____ _______ - ____ ____
???: _____ - ________
???: __________ - ____ __ ____ ______


ariich


Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 06:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 07:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

twosuitsluke


???: D__ _a_____ D____ - ______ __ _________
???: Da__ __a________ - ______ __ __a___
???: ____ __a__ - ___d__
???: _a_______ ____ - ______ _______
???: _a_____ - _a__ _a__a__
???: __ad _a_____ - ____ _a__
???: ___a_ - A_a_____
???: A_________ - ____ __ ____ _a____

Guessed: AD

Buddyhunter1


TAC


twosuitsluke

???: D__ Fa_____ D____ - _t____ __ ____t____
???: Da__ T_a______t_ - ______ __ __a___
???: ____ T_a__ - ___d__
???: _a____t__ ___t - ______ ____t__
???: _a_t___ - _a__ Fa_ta__
???: __ad _a_____ - T___ _a__
???: __ta_ - A_at__t_
???: A_t_______ - ____ _f F___ _a____

Guessed: ADFT

Luoto

Dark Tranquillity - Confusing song title ;D

EDIT: I'm dumb, it's just Punish My Heaven

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 11:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

LithoJazzoSphere

#1609
I. 

Carpenter Brut, "Roller Mobster"?, Buddy.  The slot is also one letter too long for "Stabat Mater", my favorite on his album last year, but that's a me song, not a Luke song.   :lol

Almost sent Luke some synthwave in an earlier round, might send it to him after it's all over anyway. 

Wolf sent Dark Tranquillity?

Rise Twain, king.