Author Topic: What album are you listening to? v.7  (Read 187996 times)

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: What album are you listening to? v.7
« Reply #2170 on: March 22, 2022, 12:14:16 PM »
Rush-Signals
Queen-A Night At The Odeon
The Beatles-Help
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline svisser

• Pineapple. I like to eat it.
« Reply #2171 on: March 22, 2022, 12:20:44 PM »
I have been dedicating time to listen to the Judas Priest albums that no one seems to really like. Point of Entry, Turbo and Ram it Down. I honestly don't see the problem with any of them. I can see why people bash Turbo, but it still have some great songs on it. I think it just suffers along side Ram it Down because they came in between two of their best 80s albums.
She can turn a drop of water
         Into an ocean
                                           In the room the women come and go
                                                 Talking of Michelangelo.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2172 on: March 22, 2022, 01:11:36 PM »

Nice! I can't remember if you're a Coheed fan or not? That is probably my favourite album of all time right there. Let's hear the reasons you agree with me.

I'm a bit late to the party on this one. On my second listen now and enjoying it.

It's easily my favourite RoN album, although their latest is growing on me. I really didn't rate it on first few listens but it is definitely growing each time I spin it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2173 on: March 22, 2022, 02:00:06 PM »
black midi - Cavalcovers (EP)
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #2174 on: March 22, 2022, 02:04:25 PM »
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2175 on: March 22, 2022, 02:40:54 PM »
black midi - Cavalcovers (EP)

I haven't been able to get into this band but their cover of 21st Century Schizoid Man is one of the best I've heard, I'd dare say the instrumentation surpasses the original.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #2176 on: March 22, 2022, 03:17:30 PM »
I have been dedicating time to listen to the Judas Priest albums that no one seems to really like. Point of Entry, Turbo and Ram it Down. I honestly don't see the problem with any of them. I can see why people bash Turbo, but it still have some great songs on it. I think it just suffers along side Ram it Down because they came in between two of their best 80s albums.

I really like all 3 albums.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2177 on: March 22, 2022, 03:25:25 PM »

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #2178 on: March 22, 2022, 03:30:23 PM »

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #2179 on: March 22, 2022, 03:31:49 PM »

Nice! I can't remember if you're a Coheed fan or not? That is probably my favourite album of all time right there. Let's hear the reasons you agree with me.
Working my way up through the discography but I'm so sloooow. First time listening to it. In keeping secrets is great.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2180 on: March 22, 2022, 03:34:57 PM »

Working my way up through the discography but I'm so sloooow. First time listening to it. In keeping secrets is great.

Well to be fair I was not a fan of this album on first listen. I had heard Welcome Home and was expecting more of the same. Didn't really know what I was letting myself in for back then, and I just didn't get it at all.

You're right, In Keeping Secrets is great, but then I think all of their albums are great  :hefdaddy

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2181 on: March 22, 2022, 05:25:42 PM »

All great albums to me. I actually love Turbo. When it first came out Glenn Tipton said there was no keyboards on it because they were played on guitar, 😂. Back then you were a poser or sell out if it was radio friendly. But I "accepted" what they did and liked it! Reckless and Out in the cold hit me instantly and the rest grew on me. Ram it Down is great as well. As far as Point of entry I always loved it. My favorite Priest album is Stained Class but SFV and DOTF are right up there. To many, Judas Priest are the best metal band in existence and I won't argue that. When I was in High school it was always between Priest and Maiden, can't argue either way but we had fun debates on it. Old school forever!  :metal

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2182 on: March 22, 2022, 07:00:13 PM »

I think all three of those Priest albums are spotty, but there are some legit great songs on each.  Desert Plains for me is a top notch Priest song, not to mention in my top 5 driving songs ever.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2183 on: March 22, 2022, 07:15:32 PM »
Those three albums are absolutely brutal. I ran through them last year in the JP thread, and they were all worse than I remember, honestly. Turbo fucking blows big monkey chunks. I mean WTF??? Judas Leppard?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #2184 on: March 22, 2022, 08:09:36 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2185 on: March 22, 2022, 08:10:34 PM »
I just spun that two weeks ago. Fucking killer album.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #2186 on: March 22, 2022, 08:11:48 PM »

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2187 on: March 22, 2022, 08:55:17 PM »
Probably should listen to some Number of the Beast today seeing as it was released 40 years ago to the day. It was I think also the first full Maiden I listened to start to finish before getting Live after Death.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #2188 on: March 22, 2022, 10:40:16 PM »
I have really been digging War of the Worlds part 1. Part 2 comes out Friday!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2189 on: March 23, 2022, 06:41:13 AM »
Muddy Magnolias - Broken People
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2190 on: March 23, 2022, 07:14:34 AM »

Online nick_z

« Reply #2191 on: March 23, 2022, 07:35:05 AM »

Wow, I have a very vague recollection of seeing this reviewed in some magazine in the mid-90s...? Is this good?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2192 on: March 23, 2022, 09:37:29 AM »
St. Paul & The Broken Bones - Sea of Noise

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2193 on: March 23, 2022, 10:30:45 AM »
Pinegrove - Cardinal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2194 on: March 23, 2022, 11:23:04 AM »

Wow, I have a very vague recollection of seeing this reviewed in some magazine in the mid-90s...? Is this good?

It's not bad. It was worth the listen. Picture Twisted Sister at their heaviest, but German. In fact they do a cover of You Can't Stop Rock n Roll.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #2195 on: March 23, 2022, 11:50:40 AM »

Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2196 on: March 23, 2022, 12:28:38 PM »
The Weeknd - Dawn FM

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2197 on: March 23, 2022, 01:07:44 PM »
Derek Webb - Stockholm Syndrome

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2198 on: March 23, 2022, 04:29:24 PM »
Those three albums are absolutely brutal. I ran through them last year in the JP thread, and they were all worse than I remember, honestly. Turbo fucking blows big monkey chunks. I mean WTF??? Judas Leppard?

So its safe to say you do NOT like Turbo? What's wrong with Judas Leppard man? Didn't they write the Accept song SCREAMING for a LOVE BITE?   :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2199 on: March 23, 2022, 04:35:29 PM »
But that's one song of suckage. Metal Heart is an amazing album!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2200 on: March 23, 2022, 04:39:50 PM »

I love it! But I know you're a closet Turbo Lover !!! I'll send you a shirt from that tour, no problem. They opened with Out In The Cold. Dokken opened that show. Awesome!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2201 on: March 23, 2022, 04:48:32 PM »

I dedicate this one to TAC, the true one and only Turbo Lover.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #2202 on: March 23, 2022, 05:46:37 PM »
 :lol   I agree with TAC...Turbo and Ram It Down are pretty weak. I do love Point of Entry though, which was my first Priest album.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2203 on: March 23, 2022, 05:59:38 PM »

I love it! But I know you're a closet Turbo Lover !!! I'll send you a shirt from that tour, no problem. They opened with Out In The Cold. Dokken opened that show. Awesome!

You don't say??

June 4, 1986
Providence Civic Center

Oh, and look who was watching the show right next to us!

Online nick_z

« Reply #2204 on: March 23, 2022, 06:09:44 PM »

One of the albums I listened to the most in 2016. Hadn't revisited it in a while. Great stuff, melodic and thrashy at the same time.