Author Topic: Dream Theater Showcase  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Dream Theater Showcase
« on: August 28, 2021, 03:29:48 PM »
I don't remember if this kind of thread has been done before. I thought it would be fun to post some live Dream Theater shows where the band is on point or it is just a great energetic show. Shows that showcase the best of the band. I am watching one show now of the Along For The Ride Tour and it is actually way better than the show that is officially released. JLB and the band are on point and that energetic atmosphere is there.

Dream Theater @ Ampitheater - Gelsenkirchen, Germany 2014-07-18 (full show)

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Dream Theater Showcase
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 03:42:45 PM »
I've never seen that show. That looks awesome. I love daylight outdoor shows. I'll watch it tonight!

*jumps right to Space Dye Vest*

:metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 03:57:19 PM »
It being a daylight outdoor show is a big reason why I watched it.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 04:13:05 PM »
I remember I did posted that show in BTFW offical thread because James is better on this. He just slayed every song and hit notes effortlessly here where he seemed to struggle a bit in the offical release. (Though his performance on the DVD is amazing too.)

Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 05:29:41 PM »
Watch any show from 2002-2009! :hefdaddy

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 09:39:40 PM »
https://youtu.be/muBkquxoFkI

That's "Outcry" live in 2012 in Singapore. The band's in-ear monitors didn't work correctly, but the guys still played the song. Afterwards, JP said a few words about it: https://youtu.be/mbaYELnRyMo

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2021, 12:29:56 AM »
I don't remember if this kind of thread has been done before. I thought it would be fun to post some live Dream Theater shows where the band is on point or it is just a great energetic show. Shows that showcase the best of the band. I am watching one show now of the Along For The Ride Tour and it is actually way better than the show that is officially released. JLB and the band are on point and that energetic atmosphere is there.

Dream Theater @ Ampitheater - Gelsenkirchen, Germany 2014-07-18 (full show)
I just watched illumination Theory from that and it is awesome!!!  It's amazing towards the end of the song how that dude managed to not spill his beer while swinging his arms from side to side. That takes skill! 🍺  :lol
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 02:50:05 PM »
https://youtu.be/muBkquxoFkI

That's "Outcry" live in 2012 in Singapore. The band's in-ear monitors didn't work correctly, but the guys still played the song. Afterwards, JP said a few words about it: https://youtu.be/mbaYELnRyMo

Wow! That's sick!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol