Luka Doncic
0 (0%)
Jayson Tatum
1 (16.7%)
OTHER
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 17, 2022, 07:54:44 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2021-22---- NBA LEGEND Bill Russell 1934-2022 RIP  (Read 29385 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: NBA 2021-22.....Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs?
« Reply #455 on: June 09, 2022, 09:17:21 AM »
I think it's something they heard in every stadium honestly.   Is it right?  No.  Can we as fans heckle with some decorum?  You bet.

But he says it as his teammate swears in front of his child at the podium. Better to just say, the fans are excited.  It's playoff basketball.  Others he comes off like he did.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #456 on: June 09, 2022, 09:22:56 AM »
Yeah, I don't disagree with any of that.  But I also think that, again, you have to take what Klay and Kerr said in context--which was, again, just a short response to reporters asking them about it.  They didn't go on some long rant.  Basically just gave a 3 second answer and moved on to the next thing.

Honestly, I think Draymond responded better.  He basically laughed it off and said, "That's playoff basketball.  I've heard worse."  (that was on his show, anyway; I didn't see any clips of him responding to the media asking about it, although I'm sure they must have if he talked about it on his show later last night)

Anyhow, this is a pretty good series.  I wouldn't have complained at all if the Warriors swept the Celtics and won by 40 points every night.  Other than Boston fans and advertisers, I think everyone in the country would have loved that.  But it's fan that they are trading haymakers with each other too.  Boston has definitely stepped it up from what I saw in the Miami series.  It'll be interesting to see what happens if the Warriors tie it up on Friday and come back to SF with it becoming a best of 3 series.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #457 on: June 09, 2022, 09:43:54 AM »
I expect the Warriors to come out on fire Friday night.  I'm hoping not to be 2-2 heading to SF.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #458 on: June 09, 2022, 04:33:16 PM »
On a different topic (same topic as far as the NBA finals; but different in terms of the above two points), I am gaining a lot of respect for Derrick White and Marcus Smart.  They both seem like good dudes, players who give their all from opening tip to the 4th quarter buzzer, and have tremendous basketball IQ.  I really like both of those guys.

Derrick White has had a great series. Since he's gotten here, he's been an extremely inconsistent shooter, but he is capable of going off.  He's been key off the bench.

Bosk, the Marcus Smart experience is a hoot. I mean, he is all over the place. In the rugby scrum where Draymond fouled out, it was Smart who came out with the ball. On one hand, he makes winning plays all over the place, but he almost single handedly handed the Heat a Game 7 victory.

There are those that feel that Tatum will be unable to achieve the alpha status with Smart in the mix, but Tatum is not ready for it anyway.

But I watch Smart play and I lmao at some of the things he does. He's a dirt dog for sure. But he's a big time flopper too.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #459 on: June 09, 2022, 04:39:42 PM »
And surprisingly,  he hasn't flopped much this series. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #460 on: June 09, 2022, 04:46:38 PM »
there's been no need to. This series has been so nice to watch. The refs are letting them play. The Bucks and Heat series were fucking slogfests.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #461 on: June 09, 2022, 05:03:24 PM »
There are those that feel that Tatum will be unable to achieve the alpha status with Smart in the mix, but Tatum is not ready for it anyway.

But I watch Smart play and I lmao at some of the things he does. He's a dirt dog for sure. But he's a big time flopper too.

I think Tatum actually plays great in the series. He couldn't find ways to score in game 1, so he played as a facilitator. And then he seemed to have figured things out in game 2 and 3. The thing I like about him is, he is not afraid of taking tough shot when he has to. I don't watch the Celtics enough in the regular season to say much else, but based on what I have seen this spring, he has got what it take to become the alpha dog. He is just quiet by nature compared to Smart.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #462 on: June 09, 2022, 05:15:56 PM »

I didn't see the game (was watching the new Top Gun!, but I cracked up when I saw that Green had 2 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 6 fouls.  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I agree with the take this morning that it might go down as the worst game in Finals history by a future Hall of Famer (which he unfortunately will be). 

Good.  Let the hate flow through you.  :itpoe:  :lol

Acknowledging again that sports hate is different from real hate, Green isn't a relevant enough player for me to summon a lot of sports hate.  My sports hate is generally directed at players on teams that get in the way of my favorite teams (see: my sports hate for countless Red Wings from the later 90s :lol) or ones who go out of their way to injure players on my favorite teams (see: Nick Kypreos).  A largely irrelevant supporting cast guy like Green is easy to dislike because of what a dirty troll he is, but he doesn't rise to the level of sports hate for me.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #463 on: June 09, 2022, 06:16:14 PM »
If the statistics go how they have been in the finals and playoffs so far, FMVP is going to be an interesting decision.  If the Warriors win it seems pretty clear it'll be Steph.  But if the Celtics win it'll be less clear.  Even though Tatum won the Bird trophy, some were making the case that Horford was more deserving.  He's harming his case in the small sample size of the finals though with his poor play in game 2.  But Brown is arguably outplaying Tatum in ways at the moment as well.  The next few games are going to be unusually important in deciding it, and we could have an ironic Iguadola situation depending upon the narrative. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #464 on: June 09, 2022, 06:19:39 PM »
I don't watch the Celtics enough in the regular season to say much else, but based on what I have seen this spring, he has got what it take to become the alpha dog. He is just quiet by nature compared to Smart.

Tatum has had a pretty well rounded playoff, but he's not been a dominant force. It's really his personality. Plus, he's only 24. But he's maturing before our eyes.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #465 on: June 09, 2022, 08:28:13 PM »
Speaking of Iguodala, I love the guy, but he really feels like he is a liability now when he is out there.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #466 on: June 09, 2022, 09:11:47 PM »
He's more of an assistant coach than a player now. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #467 on: June 10, 2022, 07:44:49 PM »
Draymond seems to care more about his podcast and TNT appearance deal than playing at this point.  Kerr should probably just bench him for the rest of the game and let him get his podcast out early.

Is Robert Williams 8 feet tall?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 07:53:29 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #468 on: June 10, 2022, 07:46:35 PM »
Typical Celtics. Can't play from ahead in a series.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #469 on: June 10, 2022, 07:53:48 PM »
Can I say that Curry is one tough superstar?!  Guts x infinity.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #470 on: June 10, 2022, 08:24:51 PM »
3rd quarter. Buckle up! :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #471 on: June 10, 2022, 08:42:37 PM »
Curry is ridiculous.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #472 on: June 10, 2022, 08:43:51 PM »
Never play him beer pong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #473 on: June 10, 2022, 08:44:34 PM »
What's beer pong? Is that like Quarters?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #474 on: June 10, 2022, 08:45:19 PM »
WWWWWWWW

TTTTTTTTTTTT

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #475 on: June 10, 2022, 08:51:17 PM »
Best 3rd so far for the Celts. Only -6  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #476 on: June 10, 2022, 08:52:26 PM »
 :lol

Great game. I'm dying. Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #477 on: June 10, 2022, 08:54:23 PM »
They gotta get on Curry like a glove.

How many layups have the Celtics missed??

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #478 on: June 10, 2022, 09:02:01 PM »
It's a battle for sure. It's like a toe to toe 10th round battle in the ring right now.

Who can make stops?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #479 on: June 10, 2022, 09:03:07 PM »
It's like a toe to toe 10th round battle in the ring right now.

Toetally!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #480 on: June 10, 2022, 09:11:09 PM »
Metatarsaly!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #481 on: June 10, 2022, 09:31:07 PM »
7 game series. Going to be a bloodbath
  Blood from RJ & Chad.  Lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #482 on: June 10, 2022, 09:35:15 PM »
The NBA is so bad to watch now more often than not.  Wanna get drunk?  Take a shot every time a guy throws up a random 3 with more than 10 seconds still on the shot clock. You'll be blackout drunk early in the 2nd quarter.  :lol :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #483 on: June 11, 2022, 05:18:59 AM »
Impressive how the entire Celtics lineup became bricklayers in the last 5 minutes of the game.  And to Kev's point ... just keep heaving up 3s, instead of going for a better look - I think one of their shots was an airball  :lol.  Spoiler alert .... 2>0.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #484 on: June 11, 2022, 05:20:31 AM »
That's called experience, I guess? The Dubs just kept playing calmer and cooler as the game progressed, vs the C's felt they always needed to make a big play or something. Damn! Now the Dubs got home court back, and it is hard to win another one in SF.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #485 on: June 11, 2022, 06:48:23 AM »
That's called experience, I guess? The Dubs just kept playing calmer and cooler as the game progressed, vs the C's felt they always needed to make a big play or something. Damn! Now the Dubs got home court back, and it is hard to win another one in SF.

Boston is 8-3 on the road in the playoffs, so I think they can absolutely win another in Golden St, or even two if that is what it takes.  When you are that good defensively, that travels well, but of course you always worry about home cooking when it comes to officiating, which has been a glaring issue with the NBA for as long as I've been watching.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #486 on: June 11, 2022, 06:42:53 PM »
Boston is 8-3 on the road in the playoffs, so I think they can absolutely win another in Golden St, or even two if that is what it takes. 

Of course they can.  But I don't think they will.  I still think it is over in 6.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #487 on: June 11, 2022, 08:27:36 PM »
It's going 7.  At least that's what I think.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #488 on: June 13, 2022, 09:34:00 PM »
One more...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #489 on: June 13, 2022, 09:36:36 PM »
SF D excellent and the C's turning over without real pressure is the downfall. You can't give a great defensive team easy turnovers when they are getting turnovers from pressure.

They lost their pose.