Luka Doncic
0 (0%)
Jayson Tatum
1 (16.7%)
OTHER
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 17, 2022, 07:54:44 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2021-22---- NBA LEGEND Bill Russell 1934-2022 RIP  (Read 28227 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: NBA 2021-22.....The Joker Goes Wild and other stories
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2021, 02:23:42 PM »
Kemba Walker benched in NY.  What a fall from grace for him.

This blows my mind. When he was in Charlotte he was an All Star. I can see why he didn't really explode in Boston where he had to share the ball with Tatum and Brown, but I expected him to take charge of that NY roster. Maybe he's having issues with Thibbs and his methods.

From what I read, he's being outplayed by 2 other guards. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2021, 10:32:30 PM »
Do you guys know the real reason why LeBron is in health and safety protocols?

He wants to avoid talking bad about China with Enes Kanter Freedom...  :lol
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2021, 10:10:55 PM »
Holy cow, OKC got crushed, what an embarrassing lost.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline newtree43

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2021, 02:20:41 AM »
lot of way too early narratives this nba season. call me after the ASG. Cleveland are not finishing top of the east! :lol
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 10:42:53 AM by newtree43 »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2021, 12:06:27 PM »
Just popping in to tip the hat to Steph as he breaks the record on his way to making it untouchable. They had a Stat where he has 22 10+ 3pt games. The second person has 3. :lol

Such a badass.

Offline newtree43

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2021, 02:25:56 AM »
fitting that he will be the only one in the 3k 3s club very soon. he can have that to himself for a while. interesting to see the next kid up.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2021, 06:32:51 AM »
Yea, Steph is by far the best shooter we've seen so far in the NBA. He's always fun to watch.

I wouldn't bet on that record being untouchable though. The way the game has evolved, I wouldn't be surprised if one of these young players starts racking up 3s and surpasses Curry. Heck, James Harden will probably pass pass Ray Allen by the end of next season as well.

Offline newtree43

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2021, 04:32:28 AM »
saw on twitter he could be only 1 in 4k club but a lot of players from todays era are on path for 3k also

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: NBA 2021-22...Beastbrook joins King James and the Unibrow
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2022, 11:22:44 AM »
I cannot, cannot wait until Ben Simmons is TF out of Philly.

THANK GOD

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2022, 11:52:11 AM »
I'm not sure how much this will help either of the teams on the court, but at least it removes some of the off court distractions. It will be interesting to see how Simmons adapts to playing with two ball handlers being that he needs the ball himself and can't shoot to save his life.
Harden seems like a good fit in Philly, he can give Embid space while also providing a great second scoring option. We'll have to wait and see if Joel is OK with Harden slacking on the defensive end.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2022, 10:20:36 AM »
Maybe it is just me, Harden doesn't seem to play well with other superstars- Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Westbrook etc. Harden played with Dwight Howard while he was in his prime... so we will see how to play in Philly.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2022, 06:31:03 PM »
What's up with the contest tonight? Did not know they changed the format (again)

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2022, 06:35:59 PM »
I'm not sure how much this will help either of the teams on the court, but at least it removes some of the off court distractions. It will be interesting to see how Simmons adapts to playing with two ball handlers being that he needs the ball himself and can't shoot to save his life.
Harden seems like a good fit in Philly, he can give Embid space while also providing a great second scoring option. We'll have to wait and see if Joel is OK with Harden slacking on the defensive end.

Dude nearly ten years on that signature....
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2022, 10:21:22 PM »
At least (a) Knicks won something this year  :metal

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2022, 11:00:28 AM »
Is there a bigger ass in the league than Kyrie Irving?  That jack ass can't go without spouting digs at Boston every time he plays them.  There is reasons you get booed Kyrie and it's all on you.  Thankfully you are not a Celtic anymore and are someone else's problem.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline crazy climber dude

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2022, 10:25:02 AM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2022, 11:37:01 AM »
Lol.

I hope I never have to hear him speak again. He is not a good person.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2022, 04:25:19 AM »
I watched the 4Q of the Raps/Nuggets game last night.  Coming off of a B2B (victory no less) from Phoenix, and down 6 playing brutal defence heading into the fourth (Nuggets had 99 at the the end of 4) then holding them to 16 points in the 4th .... all with no VanVleet or OG, and Pascal sat for the first 8 minutes of the quarter (having already amassed 33 points in the first 3).

I hope this team is finally starting to put things together ... they just need a little consistency.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2022, 05:14:37 AM »
I watched the 4Q of the Raps/Nuggets game last night.  Coming off of a B2B (victory no less) from Phoenix, and down 6 playing brutal defence heading into the fourth (Nuggets had 99 at the the end of 4) then holding them to 16 points in the 4th .... all with no VanVleet or OG, and Pascal sat for the first 8 minutes of the quarter (having already amassed 33 points in the first 3).

I hope this team is finally starting to put things together ... they just need a little consistency.
Not an excuse, but a factor.....no Aaron Gordon for the Nuggets. He is their best defender and they miss his toughness. NOT going to factor in no MPJ and Jamal Murray because they haven't been playing at all....though it does make their 40-28 record so far all the more impressive without two of their best players.

And they were riding Jokic like a Grand Canyon mule for the past several games....I think he just wore down.

That said, yes....Siakam had a huge game. He is a force, and always gives the Nuggets fits. Also, is their a better rookie than Scottie Barnes? And they did tighten the screws on defense. Esp. impressive on a back to back at altitude in Denver.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2022, 06:25:15 AM »

Not an excuse, but a factor.....no Aaron Gordon for the Nuggets. He is their best defender and they miss his toughness. NOT going to factor in no MPJ and Jamal Murray because they haven't been playing at all....though it does make their 40-28 record so far all the more impressive without two of their best players.

And they were riding Jokic like a Grand Canyon mule for the past several games....I think he just wore down.

That said, yes....Siakam had a huge game. He is a force, and always gives the Nuggets fits. Also, is their a better rookie than Scottie Barnes? And they did tighten the screws on defense. Esp. impressive on a back to back at altitude in Denver.

AND considering they played the Suns (and beat them) the night before.  Easy for a team to crash after a high like that.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2022, 04:50:03 PM »
LeBron is only 20 point away from taking the 2nd spot as all-time scoring leader. Might happen tonight  :corn

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2022, 09:20:38 PM »
LeBron is only 20 point away from taking the 2nd spot as all-time scoring leader. Might happen tonight  :corn

What's funny is that this disaster of a season is probably good for his overall resume, as it is getting him closer to the overall scoring record, and with the Lakers being a likely quick out if they even make it to the play-in, he won't have another one of those pesky finals losses on his record, and if the fans of Michael Jordan have taught us anything, it's that losing early in the playoffs is better than losing later in the playoffs.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2022, 09:00:57 AM »
Yeah, I think overall he's having a good season (though his MVP days are far behind him).

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2022, 01:35:49 PM »
Wow....went to the Nuggets/Celtics game in Denver last night. Good seats. Sellout. Lots of energy in the arena, but it did not translate to the home team. And, in fact....it was more like a home game for the Celtics!

Tatum and Brown are such a dangerous tandem. They are both playing with so much confidence right now.....almost unstoppable. Celtics D smothered Jokic and frustrated him all night. He was clearly flustered.....worst game by him in a couple of years.

The outcome was bad enough, but the effort? Jokic definitely playing hard, but was forcing the ball. And the team was (predictably) forcing it to him (Philly having similar issues with Embiid last night). Aaron Gordon always plays hard. Jermichael Green was playing his ass off too. But everyone else was seemingly AWOL. Made all the more disappointing by the fact the Nuggets blew a big lead against Cleveland in their last game....and I expected 100% from everyone. Malone actually put out the second team at the start of the 3rd. That's pretty bad!  :huh:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: NBA 2021-22.....The Joker lost in the shuffle against Celtics
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2022, 01:55:36 PM »
The Celts D has been fantastic in their run.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2022, 03:42:38 PM »
They're back to back tonight in OKC and Williams and Smart are out.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2022, 06:16:56 PM »

And they're all ready up 15-2.  Crazy.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2022, 06:36:51 PM »

And they're all ready up 15-2.  Crazy.

Oh are they? I'm going to flip over between periods of the B's.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2022, 01:07:25 AM »
after how long, the Timberwolves may actually be relevant?

although it seems it will largely come down to how good their defense is, in The Playoffs. Which their coach may be the 1 factor that helps that.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2022, 03:42:23 AM »

At least one Toronto team took care of Boston this week.   :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2022, 04:29:57 AM »

Celts had 4 starters out.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2022, 05:21:15 AM »

Excuses are for losers.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2022, 07:17:21 AM »

Excuses are for losers.

I actually thought that the C's showed gumption by almost wining the game without 4 starters and their 2 all starts.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2022, 06:47:40 AM »
The Lakers miss the playoffs.

To make it even better, the team that passed them in the standings, New Orleans, now receives the Lakers 1st round pick in the next draft due to a previous trade.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2022, 06:54:45 AM »
The Lakers miss the playoffs.

To make it even better, the team that passed them in the standings, New Orleans, now receives the Lakers 1st round pick in the next draft due to a previous trade.
This season for the Lakers was pretty rough. I suspect we will see Westbrook out during the off season.