Luka Doncic
0 (0%)
Jayson Tatum
1 (16.7%)
OTHER
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 17, 2022, 07:54:44 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2021-22---- NBA LEGEND Bill Russell 1934-2022 RIP  (Read 28226 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: NBA 2021-22.....Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs?
« Reply #140 on: April 25, 2022, 09:21:21 AM »
His outfit no doubt.

Talk about a dude that's out of touch.

Hey, don't dis him too much.... General Soreness is quite the military foe in hand-to-hand combat against elite athletes.

He’s acting more like Private Parts.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2022, 07:36:14 PM »
You act like a jackass all season you affect the chemistry of the team. 4-0 sweep baby!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline T-ski

« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2022, 07:54:00 PM »
It really feels like the Bucks/Celtics is the the East Final.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2022, 07:58:28 PM »
It really feels like the Bucks/Celtics is the the East Final.

Should be a good series.

On local Boston sportsradio, it was reported that tonight's ref, the corrupt Scott Foster aka the Series Extender..... in the last 21 playoff games that were not Game 1's, the team behind in the series was 19-3...now 19-3.
...and Tatum fouls out.. :corn
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2022, 08:39:22 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2022, 05:38:52 AM »
A bored Lakers fan could dream, right?

With the Nets just now getting swept even with KD (you guys probably don't agree, but I think KD is showing signs of slowing down) and Kyrie, and then you potentially have to deal with Simmons' "mental health" issues long term. Why would Nash want to stay on with the Nets?

Perhaps if the Lakers make the right push and somehow find a way to compensate the Nets for the remaining two years; Nash coming to LA wouldn't be a bad choice. IMHO Nash is a far better choice than Nurse and definitely better than Doc "I won a title in 08" Rivers.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2022, 06:16:13 AM »
Zero percent chance the Raps let Nurse go anywhere.

Looks like the 76rs are developing a case of the yips.  No FVV, and the Raps still lay a spanking on them with absolutely crushing defense, and attacking Embiid on the other end at every chance to tire him out.  Worked pretty good.  Though, I don't think we can count on Maxey and Hardon to continue to play like shit for however long the series goes for.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2022, 06:20:43 AM »
A bored Lakers fan could dream, right?

With the Nets just now getting swept even with KD (you guys probably don't agree, but I think KD is showing signs of slowing down) and Kyrie, and then you potentially have to deal with Simmons' "mental health" issues long term. Why would Nash want to stay on with the Nets?

Perhaps if the Lakers make the right push and somehow find a way to compensate the Nets for the remaining two years; Nash coming to LA wouldn't be a bad choice. IMHO Nash is a far better choice than Nurse and definitely better than Doc "I won a title in 08" Rivers.

Huh? Has Steve Nash shown he can coach at all?  Durant and Irving don't want to be coached, so I am not sure we have any idea if he can do it or not.  Nurse and Rivers, meanwhile, have both won championships.  Granted, Nurse got his due to Klay and Durant getting hurt, and Rivers is the king of blowing 3-1 leads and is currently halfway to being the first to blow a 3-0 lead, but both are far more proven than Nash.

Also, did anyone see Irving talking in the post-game presser about how he and Durant will help co-manage the franchise?  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin  Can you say delusional?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2022, 06:40:32 AM »
He co-managed so well this year didn't he? :lol

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2022, 09:21:16 AM »
No, I am not a real fan of Nash's coaching, but between him and Doc Rivers? I'd rather take a chance on Nash, that's all. Besides, realistically who else is worthy to be the next Lakers' coach anyway?  :|
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2022, 02:13:08 PM »

With the Nets just now getting swept even with KD (you guys probably don't agree, but I think KD is showing signs of slowing down

Hard to say.  He had an MVP-caliber season this year when he played, and looked completely unstoppable against the Bucks last season if only Kyrie and Harden weren't hurt.  The Celtics just had a much better defensive scheme against him this year than the Bucks did last.  Online people are skewering him for shooting so little in games 2-3, but he had practically nothing but bad shots the whole time.  He took a lot more in G4 but was incredibly inefficient.  It's more about just how good the Celtics have become defensively in the last few months than Durant declining to me. 

Offline crazy climber dude

« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2022, 05:51:44 PM »
Agree the Celtics are playing out of this world right now. They have been for many weeks.....locking in on defense when needed, anchored by Tatum (any surprise Brooklyn mounted a comeback when he fouled out yesterday?). Speaking of which, he....not coincidentally....is playing MVP like basketball on BOTH sides.

I think Steph and Klay get all the pub for best guard duo....with good, historical reasoning. But right now.... is there a better two punch at guard than Tatum and Brown? McCollum and Dame used to be in that discussion, but they are no more. Harden, Westbrook, Kyrie.....I supposed you could put some duos together in various incarnations of the past, but everything is so shuffled around now. And esp. Harden and Westbrook, the FORMER, respective MVP's.....are on the downhill side for sure. Kyrie still shows flashes of greatness, but was clearly impacted by the vaccination decision status....and is a personal/professional enigma. 

I know it's considered more of a positionless league these days, with big men like Jokic handling the ball and passing like a point guard. So there might be a better duo of players at any postion on one team, but I think guards are so pivotal (no pun intended). Tell you this much....we might get to see Steph/Klay vs Tatum/Brown in the Finals. That could be quite a matchup.

« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2022, 05:54:20 PM »
Agree the Celtics are playing out of this world right now. They have been for many weeks.....locking in on defense when needed, anchored by Tatum (any surprise Brooklyn mounted a comeback when he fouled out yesterday?). Speaking of which, he....not coincidentally....is playing MVP like basketball on BOTH sides.

I think Steph and Klay get all the pub for best guard duo....with good, historical reasoning. But right now.... is there a better two punch at guard than Tatum and Brown? McCollum and Dame used to be in that discussion, but they are no more. Harden, Westbrook, Kyrie.....I supposed you could put some duos together in various incarnations of the past, but everything is so shuffled around these days (with a pervasive likelihood of a consistent state of flux moving forward). And esp. Harden and Westbrook, the FORMER, respective MVP's.....are on the downhill side for sure. Kyrie still shows flashes of greatness, but was clearly impacted by the vaccination decision status....and is a personal/professional enigma. 

I know it's considered more of a positionless league these days, with big men like Jokic handling the ball and passing like a point guard. So there might be a better duo of players at any postion on one team, but I think guards are so pivotal (no pun intended). Tell you this much....we might get to see Steph/Klay vs Tatum/Brown in the Finals. That could be quite a matchup.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2022, 05:55:52 PM »
Quoted for emphasis? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2022, 07:01:24 PM »

With the Nets just now getting swept even with KD (you guys probably don't agree, but I think KD is showing signs of slowing down

Hard to say.  He had an MVP-caliber season this year when he played, and looked completely unstoppable against the Bucks last season if only Kyrie and Harden weren't hurt.  The Celtics just had a much better defensive scheme against him this year than the Bucks did last.  Online people are skewering him for shooting so little in games 2-3, but he had practically nothing but bad shots the whole time.  He took a lot more in G4 but was incredibly inefficient.  It's more about just how good the Celtics have become defensively in the last few months than Durant declining to me.

I don't think he is declining. I just think Boston had a great defensive game plan to confuse him, and it worked to a 't.'   He looked off for much of the series. 

Ultimately, Durant chose to leave an unselfish superstar like Steph Curry for a selfish nimrod named Kyrie Irving, and how bad of a decision that truly was couldn't be any clearer than it is now.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2022, 07:04:02 PM »

I don't think he is declining. I just think Boston had a great defensive game plan to confuse him, and it worked to a 't.'   He looked off for much of the series. 

Ultimately, Durant chose to leave an unselfish superstar like Steph Curry for a selfish nimrod named Kyrie Irving, and how bad of a decision that truly was couldn't be any clearer than it is now.

But for some reason, as good as he is, Durant is not, or has never been the guy to lead his team to a Championship.
I think it's fair to look at that. It may not be a talent thing, but he also just might be a dick that makes running a team through him, on and off the floor, quite difficult.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2022, 07:10:48 PM »

But for some reason, as good as he is, Durant is not, or has never been the guy to lead his team to a Championship.
I think it's fair to look at that. It may not be a talent thing, but he also just might be a dick that makes running a team through him, on and off the floor, quite difficult.

Hard to say, but until he leads a team to a championship, many will always view him as the guy who had to jump on the bandwagon of a 73-win team that had already won one to get rings.  Fair or not, that perception is out there, and it is fair. 

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2022, 07:36:05 PM »

I think Steph and Klay get all the pub for best guard duo....with good, historical reasoning. But right now.... is there a better two punch at guard than Tatum and Brown? McCollum and Dame used to be in that discussion, but they are no more. Harden, Westbrook, Kyrie.....I supposed you could put some duos together in various incarnations of the past, but everything is so shuffled around now. And esp. Harden and Westbrook, the FORMER, respective MVP's.....are on the downhill side for sure. Kyrie still shows flashes of greatness, but was clearly impacted by the vaccination decision status....and is a personal/professional enigma. 

It's kind of murky, yes, though I'd say Tatum and Brown are more of wings than guards.  I especially wouldn't call Tatum a guard, more of a forward.  Smart is the PG anyway at this point, sometimes White.  It all depends upon the lineups as well, but even on the other side sometimes Klay is more of a forward than a guard. 

But with Tatum's ascendance as a top 5-10 player recently, yeah, they're getting up there as a duo.  CP3/Booker is pretty stacked too though, and closer to a pure guard backcourt dynamic. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2022, 07:40:47 PM »
Tatum is a forward. Brown starts as a shooting guard, but he's a forward really.. Smart is the point guard as this point as LJS states.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2022, 07:45:30 PM »
Tatum is a shooting(small) forward & Brown is the power forward.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2022, 07:51:27 PM »
I’d call them both wings.  :P

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2022, 07:54:06 PM »
^^

I'd say it's closer to the reverse, but Horford and Grant Williams take up the lion's share of the minutes at PF regardless.  It becomes increasingly irrelevant though, other than to screw up All-NBA ballots. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2022, 08:20:38 PM »
I'm confused. Does the NBA not reseed after each round? The Celts will play the winner of Bucks/Bulls.

But the Bulls are the 6 seed and would be the lowest remaining seed. Why wouldn't they play the Heat?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2022, 08:25:12 PM »
They play the Bucks if they win. They play the second lowest seed if the Bulls win.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2022, 09:08:15 PM »
The NBA does not re-seed. Winner of 1/8 plays winner of 4/5, winner of 2/7 plays winner of 3/6.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2022, 09:09:25 PM »
The NBA does not re-seed. Winner of 1/8 plays winner of 4/5, winner of 2/7 plays winner of 3/6.

Ok thank you.

That's weird.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2022, 03:02:18 AM »
Ok thank you.

That's weird.

I know the NHL reseeds in the first round, but the NBA never does that.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2022, 05:34:27 AM »
Ok thank you.

That's weird.

I know the NHL reseeds in the first round, but the NBA never does that.

Not to digress too much into hockey talk, but this is an "it depends".... on whether one or both WC teams win their first round series.  In 2018, no WC teams won in Rd 1, so the Rd 2 matchups stayed intra-division, regardless of regular season standings (eg, Tampa played Boston in Round 2, who had more regular season points than Washington/Pitt; Nashville played Winnipeg, who had more regular season points than Vegas/SJ).
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2022, 09:13:53 AM »

It's kind of murky, yes, though I'd say Tatum and Brown are more of wings than guards.  I especially wouldn't call Tatum a guard, more of a forward.  Smart is the PG anyway at this point, sometimes White.  It all depends upon the lineups as well, but even on the other side sometimes Klay is more of a forward than a guard. 

But with Tatum's ascendance as a top 5-10 player recently, yeah, they're getting up there as a duo.  CP3/Booker is pretty stacked too though, and closer to a pure guard backcourt dynamic.

CP3/Booker are definitely contenders if not the best guard duo in the NBA right now. I would look out for the Morant/Bane duo in the next few years. Ja is already one of the best guards in the league and Bane has been improving a lot. If they can keep this pace Memphis will become a real threat.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2022, 12:42:54 PM »
I guess I just think of Tatum as playing more like a big guard. He's listed as everything from shooting guard to small forward to power forward. So I suppose small forward is the best description. But his versatility is so valuable, because you know he creates matchup nightmares at any position.

Brown is also characterized as a shooting guard or small forward.

Yeah, for some reason I didn't even think about CP3 and Booker. They are definitely both guards (and more traditional defintion of point and shooting) and a great duo.

So perhaps I should amend my original question to be best duo, period.

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2022, 04:28:55 PM »
Honestly the best duo might be Steph and Draymond.  Their skillsets are completely complimentary, with years of proven chemistry and results. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2022, 06:03:56 PM »
I like the show Speak for Yourself, but Marcellus Wiley is out of his mind this week.  He must be one of the media peeps who Durant has something on, along with Screaming A Smith, whom I read is afraid to criticize Durant now much because his mom once yelled at him for it  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin, because Wiley literally tried to argue today that Durant is an all-time top 10 player. :eek :eek :eek :lol :lol :lol

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2022, 09:08:00 PM »
Getting into the top 10 is really hard, but that's hardly crazy.  He's probably top 15 right now, and his career isn't over.  Getting over that hump to knock out #10-12 or so is very difficult though. 

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2022, 05:24:57 AM »
Getting into the top 10 is really hard, but that's hardly crazy.  He's probably top 15 right now, and his career isn't over.  Getting over that hump to knock out #10-12 or so is very difficult though.

Man, even I can name 10 players off the top of my head that are better than him. With a bit of thinking and Google, I could probably get to 20. I’d put him top 25 at best.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2022, 06:12:10 AM »
MJ
LeBron
Kareem
Bird
Magic
Duncan
Bryant
Shaq
Hakeem
Russell
Wilt
Robertson

That's 12 right there that I don't see how anyone can make a reasonable argument for being below Durant, so even if you think Durant is the best of the rest, which I do not, that puts him at 13.  Heck, I'd put Curry ahead of him.