General > General Discussion

NBA 2021-22---- NBA LEGEND Bill Russell 1934-2022 RIP

(1/140) > >>

crazy climber dude:
Discuss all things NBA. From off season activity....to the upcoming season.

Draft is complete. Summer League is over. The biggest moves in the off season perhaps already been realized.

I agree with Vmadera00....the most interesting topic moving forward is the Lakers chemistry. Will they implode at some point? I think if things are going WELL in the win-loss column...everything will be okay. But you have to wonder what might happen if Westbrook jacks up a lot of 3's at the most inopportune times (and bricks them)....how will Lebron react? He (Westbrook) seems to have matured SOME over the years, and last year wasn't quite as gratuitous from 3 point range as in previous seasons. But he's still a loose canon at times...so you wonder if this ideal opportunity to win a championship will temper his impulses. I'll reserve judgment for now.

The other high profile question is.....will Brooklyn stay healthy and unseat the defending champs in the Eastern Conference next year? I think the NBA would love to see the dynamics involved with Lakers vs Nets. The KD/Westbrook/Harden connection. And Lebron/Kyrie. Or will The Greek Freak and the Bucks still have something to say about that matchup? How will the upstart Hawks look? The Suns?

KevShmev:
I think Westbrook will work better with the Lakers than many think. 

The Bucks might be the most disrespected NBA champion I have ever seen.

I continue to laugh at people calling Kevin Durant the best player in the league now.  Part of being great and "the best" is being durable and available, and he has failed miserably in those two regards for a while now.

Lonk:
Yeah, Durant is a great player, but I never thought of him as the best player in the league (not even on his MVP season).

Regarding Westbrook, I can see his playing style working well with Lebron and AD, but he will need some adjustments. I hope it does works, and that we see less injuries this year. Lebron is getting up there in age, and having Westbrook take on dribbling the ball could help both of their performance and open up the court a bit more for AD. We just need to wait and see.

T-ski:
Barring injury, I like the chances of a repeat.

#homeropinion

TheOutlawXanadu:
I think that Durant may very well be the best player if we assume 100% health and a shorter duration of time (one playoff series or even one game), but I'm not sure how fair it is to actually make those assumptions. Durant has missed more games than he has played over the past two years. Before that, he got injured in the playoffs twice. I think that Giannis is a much safer pick as the best player because he's pretty much guaranteed to give you a full regular season in addition to the postseason.

I'm interested to see what happens with LeBron. Does he succumb to another significant regular season injury, does he finally start to look old, or are we in store for a repeat of 2020 where he bounces back in a big way? In any case, there will be no dull moments. :lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version